Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Were Some Good Colts Players That Were Forgotten?

RockThatBlue

I got to go with the LBs 

Marcus Washington, Cato June, and Mike Peterson....

Also,   Jason David.  Short CB that made plays for us, but didn't live up to the bill of a large contract with the Saints

I didn't care for Rob Morris though, he was okay, but not for 1st rounder standards

probably one of the greatest freak athletes ever

And being drafted in the 7th round, he has to be considered one of the all time steals of the draft.  Even with his shortened career.  I may be wrong, but I think he is still the only RB, with a minimum of 500 carries to average more than 5 YPC.

That comment about Bo being the only RB is incorrect.  Jamaal Charles has averaged 5.5 ypc for his career so far.  And AP is at 5.0 YPC so far.

...Jimmy Orr, John Mackey, Tom Matte, Bert Jones, Chris Hinton, Roger Carr, Rick Volk, Bruce Laird, Mike Curtis, Lydell Mitchell...the list goes on and on

A few of those guys are pro bowlers and so I would not call them underrated. It sure was great watching them through the years.

I forgot that Qadry Ismail was a Colt for a hot minute but he was never underrated, more overrated but just forgotten.

Ricky Proehl (If that guy was on your team, you went to a Super Bowl, it was just fact)

David Thornton

One of my all time favorites, James Mungro! Loved that dude.

I second Eugene Daniel

Tony Mcoy

Nesby Glasgow

Tony Bennett

Chad Bratzke

Matt Bouza

Mike Pryor

Fred Young

Randy Mcmillen

Jesse Hester

Most underrated all time defense: Jeff Herrod

Most underrated all time offense: Marvin Harrison ( I know not forgotten but PM sort of stole some of his thunder)

Man there are a lot of them:

• Albert Bently - RB turned FB when the Colts signed Dickerson, total team player
  • Billy Brooks 
  • Clarence Verdin - Great all around ST player and could be counted on for an exciting play or two.
  • Terrence Wilkins - Another ST, I think he is still the only Colt to score a TD on a KR, PR and a reception in the same game.  He was like 5'8" 160lbs but he made is mark.
  • Justin Snow - The Colts did not have to worry about a long snapper for 10+ years with him
  • Ryan Lilja, he and Scott formed probably the most athletic pair of guards in the NFL.
  • Adam Meadows, played out of position at LT his rookie season but then moved to RT and 
  • Ken Dilger.  One of the best all around TEs in the game.  And then he eevn threw a TD pass.

also Ray Buchanan

Completely forgot  'big play Ray' and 'The Bently'. Those were great underrated players.