Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amarlo Herrera

IrishColt22

Thought this guy deserved to be talked about. He was our 6th round pick out of Georgia. Obviously it was nice that he got the INT and he lead the team in tackles but i think  the most important thing is he was making the defensive calls. His college coach said he has ridiculously high football IQ and the defensive scheme he played in was closest in college to the pros. What are your thoughts about him not only making the 53 but developing into a starter after a couple of seasons. Also unlike Jackson last year this kids seems to have his head on straight and has high work ethic(a trend in this years draft class).  

I liked what I saw and so far this draft class is looking really strong but one pre-season game does not make a career.  It's a good start though. 

Obviously it's early, but the signs are pointing at this draft being everything anyone can hope for.

Are you even suggesting that the Colts GM might have a clue? Some seem to think that the Colts GM is average because he don't get all pro players with every move he makes. I could be wrong but I can't think of any other GM in the league that has totally rebuilt a team in three seasons and accomplished what the Colts have done in those three seasons. Please correct me if I have overlooked anyone.

He's one of the roles that I'm rooting for. He's was an unsung hero at Georgia because guys like Jarvis Jones, Aaron Murray, and Gurley. But this guy made a lot of plays. He also had a really good combine as well.

But I also heard he called all the defensive plays during rookie mini camp. The guy definitely seems to have a strong mental game. My prediction a few weeks ago was that he would make the team over Muamba, and it still looks that way.

It looks like this might be Grigson's first draft class where everyone makes the 53.

He's one of the roles that I'm rooting for. He's was an unsung hero at Georgia because guys like Jarvis Jones, Aaron Murray, and Gurley. But this guy made a lot of plays. He also had a really good combine as well.

But I also heard he called all the defensive plays during rookie mini camp. The guy definitely seems to have a strong mental game. My prediction a few weeks ago was that he would make the team over Muamba, and it still looks that way.

It looks like this might be Grigson's first draft class where everyone makes the 53.

That would be big because we need a good infusion of youth on this team. Even though some of our star players on offense are young...our defense outside of Davis aren't.

That would be big because we need a good infusion of youth on this team. Even though some of our star players on offense are young...our defense outside of Davis aren't.

Yeah especially at ILB. Jackson is 30 something. Freeman is 28 so he's hit his ceiling. And Nate Irving is about to turn 27 I think.

I'm really excited we drafted Amarlo. I was very familiar with him coming out of UGA since I don't miss many Dawg home games. Hoping he can make the 53 man roster.

I don't think there is a problem with him making this roster. He has shown he belongs. He might have very well been the steal of the draft at the spot he was drafted.

He looks good

It appears that we have improved our ILB depth vs last year, which is a great thing

Whether he makes it to the starting lineup this year or next is the question.

I hold hopes that our ILBs, can look better, due to the HOPEFULLY improved NT play

(I would still be looking to add another NT before Sept........ even an "old" NT, that can hold his ground in a double team, for 1 more season)

He looks good

It appears that we have improved our ILB depth vs last year, which is a great thing

Whether he makes it to the starting lineup this year or next is the question.

I hold hopes that our ILBs, can look better, due to the HOPEFULLY improved NT play

(I would still be looking to add another NT before Sept........ even an "old" NT, that can hold his ground in a double team, for 1 more season)

I'd really like to see what Parry can do with some more 1st team reps at NT. And even Kerr too...

I read his draft profile on NFL.com regarding his Weaknesses and see why no one wanted him before us.

He sounds like a slower version of Pat Angerer.

As an older fan of NFL football, I believe strongly in player development, so i certainly wish him well.

Some things can definately be developed....and I fully believe playing faster is one of them. Anticipation and recognition will definately help with game speed....something that is way more important than simply a 40 time. I've liked what I've seen so far...hope he keeps improving.