Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Chip Kelly Excited About Tim Tebow, Qb Headed For Roster Spot

RockThatBlue

there not gonna keep 4 qbs. thats beyond stupid

Pretty sure Kelly is indifferent towards Barkley.  So Bradford/Sanchez/Tebow wouldn't be a bad group. All former first rounders which says they all have some sort of talent.  And, knowing how Chip loves trades, I wouldn't rule out a Barkley trade before the regular season.

He has been working on his throwing for 6 years. Why should it be different this year?

I thought his throwing motion looked much improved against us a few days ago. But he's never gonna be an accurate qb, I imagine when they bring him in the regular season it would be for a run play more often than not.

I'm actually a little excited for the football aspect of this.  I don't think they will keep Tebow as a QB, but perhaps turn him into a wildcat option, or a TE, or something like that.  If anyone can find a spot for Tebow, it's Chip Kelly.

What I'm really dreading is how much attention this is going to get on ESPN and NFL Network.  If anything happens with Manziel, Odell Beckham, or Tebow, those two networks won't stop talking about it

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 21, 2015 - offensive
Hidden by Nadine, August 21, 2015 - offensive

I'm very excited too that Gawd's Quarterback made it back in the NFL. 

Tim Tebow is easily the most over-analyzed quarterback probably in the history of the NFL. I have never heard so much analysis of one man throwing a ball around than anyone. Why he gets special treatment, meanwhile good QB's don't get talked about, I will never understand. 

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 21, 2015 - quoting response to hidden
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 21, 2015 - quoting response to hidden

I'm very excited too that Gawd's Quarterback made it back in the NFL.

Tim Tebow is easily the most over-analyzed quarterback probably in the history of the NFL. I have never heard so much analysis of one man throwing a ball around than anyone. Why he gets special treatment, meanwhile good QB's don't get talked about, I will never understand.

What good qbs don't get talked about?

I'm actually a little excited for the football aspect of this. I don't think they will keep Tebow as a QB, but perhaps turn him into a wildcat option, or a TE, or something like that. If anyone can find a spot for Tebow, it's Chip Kelly.

Unfortunately Tebow has refused to play any position but QB. I'm just glad he's getting on a team. The stuff he does with the money is truly great.

I think they'll keep him around.  Kelly seems to be making a big effort to clean up the locker room atmosphere and

Tebow will help somewhat in that regard.  I saw some slight improvements in his passing in the preseason game, but

it wasn't of big significance to me.  I still think he's not a good player overall.

If chip lets Barkley go for Tebow & Sanchez he may truly be mad! Lol

Really??? Matt Barkley....there was a reason he fell way way way down in the draft. Tim Tebow did help lead a team to the playoffs and won a playoff game against Pittsburg. He isn't a starting caliber qb but in a pinch I think he would be a great curve ball to defenses if he had to step in. If you haven't prepared for him I think he can make enough plays to win a game. If you have prepared I think he needs a ton of help to win games. As a third string qb he is what he is...but I would take him over ours any day of the week and I would even take him over Matt Hasselbeck at this stage in his career. You can put in a package of plays that he does very well and execute. He couldn't start over a season but he certainly could step in and give you a chance. Also even if he is not activated for the active 46 week to week teams would still have to game plan for him if he is part of the 53. You don't have to game plan for Barkley...just blitz him until he cries.

Unfortunately Tebow has refused to play any position but QB. I'm just glad he's getting on a team. The stuff he does with the money is truly great.

I'm a fan of Tebow  (note that doesn't mean I'm a tebowmania fan). He seems to be a good young man and he plays very hard. He has some talent that few qbs posses but he lacks the skills/talent that it takes to be a starting qb. He may not be starter worthy but I think he can help a team win football games as much as any other back up qb can. There are only a handful of back ups that can step in and win games...and I think Tim has a unique skillset that if used the right way could step in if called on and be successful in the short term....and thats likely all you can ask of a backup...especially a third stringer that isn't likely to suit up most weeks. I think the media while Tebow has benefited in his mission has also hurt him as a player. If he was just allowed to play and do his job I think he would serve a team well. At this stage in his career I think he has found the right fit and his popularity has worn off enough to not hamper his chance to continue his career. Good for him if it works out.

He has been working on his throwing for 6 years. Why should it be different this year?

This is one reason-

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/17/tom-house-declares-tim-tebow-ready-to-play/

But I still saw issues if his first read wasn't there.  His progressions were too slow and he held onto the ball too long.  Throwing motion was improved, from what I saw.

It seems like many are talking about either Tebow or Barkley competing for a roster spot.  Frankly, in the game against the Colts, Sanchez stunk.  He missed all kinds of open receivers and Barkley and even Tebow were more accurate.   The Eagles O didn't consistently move the ball until Barkley came in.

Barkley has not looked bad whenever I seen him. The opposite for me when I've seen Tebow. And I've never heard of anyone.suggesting Barkley try changing positions(FB,TE,HB) because he can't play qb.

Also, Barkley doesn't have the body or athleticism to play another position

I don't know what Chip Kelly has in mind. However, if Tebow is as bad as many of you say he is, how does he mange to win games? Can anyone explain that?

When the score is close, say within 7-10 points....Tebow can do what he does and has churned out wins in the past.

If it's a high-scoring track meet type game, then things tend to get very messy for him.

There's a lot of names on that Eagles QB depth chart so we'll see if he makes the Eagles roster.

But given Kelly's system and the Eagles schedule....which is not exactly daunting and could present a lot of those close games he's eeked out....he could have his moments if Sam Bradford proves to be made of Styrofoam again, and Sanchez falls flat again.