Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning and Luck [Mega-merge]

WoolMagnet

I just asked my daughter this question

Answer: "Are you kidding me? I don't understand how this is a question!"

in other words, MANNING

Its looking like manning is the collective voice of our forum.Is there anyway that we could let mr.irsay know about our thoughts/opinion on this matter?I want him to understand our feelings about it.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Manning. It's time to give him his parade, the keys to the city and start fresh. We have a chance here to go from one Franchise QB to another.

Take it. Take it Take it. The Colts have had a great run and it's time to start fresh. Bye Caldwell, bye small, but fast Dfense. Bye Reggie Wayne. Have always loved you, but without Manning, I don't see you coming back.

Let's not continue the mistake of hitching all of our wagons behind Manning. Holding on to the past will doom the Colts to future mediocrity.

It's Luck time.

Unfortunately No.. the draft pick is worth more at the time of the draft than after a season! In fact after training camps the value of a draft pick diminishes from what it was. To get the most value from the Luck pick, the pick would have to be traded on draft day....

Really BC.......If you love Luck..You'll love him even more after he studied under Manning for a year...

Then..he'd REALLY be ready to play and win for you.

..plus you have to option of resigning Luck behind Manning if he's willing.

In a year..this situation will be so much more clear..

Sorry but thats just wrong in every possible aspect. Brennen never had the skills to play in the NFL, it had absolutely nothing to do with peaking.

It hurt me to say... I was a big Colt Brennan fan (and June Jones before he left)... I have a #15 Hawai'i jersey...

At least I can still root for Devone Bess!

Frankly, I believe the talk of Luck is irrelevant. I believe we put that behind us when we beat the Texans because we will beat the Jags and beat them badly on Sunday. Peyton's health needs to be our primary concern because he is the man who will either take us to a number of Super Bowls over the next 4-5 years or we won't be going. RGIII will not get us there. He will be a good NFL QB, but not even close to the level of Manning. Only Luck in this year's group will ever approach Manning's ability to run an offense entirely from the line of scrimmage.

Cant argue with any of that Quantam...Talk of 3 and Luck as starters is talk of a total rebuild.

I think Irsay and Manning restucture Manning's contract....if only to defer payments...

...and there's just no indication he isnt recovering..

I wouldnt be surprised if he's throwing the football as you are reading this

why? you guys have no proof as to why they cant co-exist and luck even said he wouldnt mind going to a team with an already established qb. everyone needs to get off the idea that peyton is immortal and is gonna be our qb forever

Every time I agrue this I provide many reasons why they cannont co-exist to benefit the team!

I didn't say it was a good idea...

Also as to precedent, google "Herschel Walker trade."

I was wondering when that would come up. Herschel was traded for three firsts, three seconds, etc. (too many details). That's still not SIX firsts. SIX firsts for a rookie prospect is even worse!

I love Manning. It's time to give him his parade, the keys to the city and start fresh. We have a chance here to go from one Franchise QB to another.

Take it. Take it Take it. The Colts have had a great run and it's time to start fresh. Bye Caldwell, bye small, but fast Dfense. Bye Reggie Wayne. Have always loved you, but without Manning, I don't see you coming back.

Let's not continue the mistake of hitching all of our wagons behind Manning. Holding on to the past will doom the Colts to future mediocrity.

It's Luck time.

Naan....But we could be the Rams for 4 years with all those changes...,right?

Really BC.......If you love Luck..You'll love him even more after he studied under Manning for a year...

Then..he'd REALLY be ready to play and win for you.

..plus you have to option of resigning Luck behind Manning if he's willing.

In a year..this situation will be so much more clear..

That doesn't mean anything for other teams, who will have a guy 1 year removed from college who was NFL ready but sat on the bench.... They want him now not later!

It's Luck time.

You seem to get it, its either Manning or Luck...not both!

I was wondering when that would come up. Herschel was traded for three firsts, three seconds, etc. (too many details). That's still not SIX firsts. SIX firsts for a rookie prospect is even worse!

But the Colts would in all likelyhood get 6 picks between the first and second round, much like the Herschel Walker trade, which made the Cowboys a much better team! As this would do the same for the Colts short term and long term! That was the premis of my post....

Thats ridiculous. It is not possible for a guy to have peaked before he's played a down in the NFL. Just not possible, and considering you think Curt Cousins is a better prospect just makes me not take you seriously.

Sorry but thats just wrong in every possible aspect. Brennen never had the skills to play in the NFL, it had absolutely nothing to do with peaking.

Im not attacking anybody, but ridiculous statements will bring out the worst in people.

You actually know so little about the prospect which i'm touting that you can't even address him correctly(its kirk cousins).This leads me to believe that you actually don't even watch these kids play or scout them yourself...do you?I think you simply take mel's word for it or read a quick walter report about them and then make your ridiculous claims.I think you should actually WATCH them play before forming opinions about any of them.

That doesn't mean anything for other teams, who will have a guy 1 year removed from college who was NFL ready but sat on the bench.... They want him now not later!

Oh, No..BC..

If they love him now...one year of training under Mannng INCREASES his value....he's more NFL ready...

I think that's the best plan. the Colts sign Luck for 2 years....and trade him after one year if Manning is healthy

...or sign him to a long term extension after one year in Manning is not healthly.

Luck would agree to that because he wouldnt have to ride the bench 4 years...if he didnt want to..

Does that not cover us and him under ANY eventuality.?

Every time I agrue this I provide many reasons why they cannont co-exist to benefit the team!

you think because luck is nfl ready he cant sit? he said he would. as to not benefiting the team i dont see how having the present and the future of the franchise doesnt benefit the team. we can use the other SIX picks to help peyton

Why would we draft the QBOTF only to let him walk in two years?

Jaric....we wouldnt let him walk..stay with me here...

If Manning is NOT healthy..we resign Luck to a long term extension using the money we would have paid Peyton...

If Manning is healthly..we TRADE Luck for much needed picks...OR sign him to a lesser bucks extension..

We are protected both ways....see?

You actually know so little about the prospect which i'm touting that you can't even address him correctly(its kirk cousins).This leads me to believe that you actually don't even watch these kids play or scout them yourself...do you?I think you simply take mel's word for it or read a quick walter report about them and then make your ridiculous claims.I think you should actually WATCH them play before forming opinions about any of them.

Your right, I don't scout them and neither do you. Watching the games as a fan don't make you qualified to be a scout. I guarantee you that you have no idea the amount of time, effort, and energy professional scouts put into watching each and every one of these prospects. The technicalities they grade prospects on don't even cross the minds of the average fan. By the way, Im not the one making any ridiculous claims either, that would be all you, bro!

It's Luck time.

Ya, after all.. what has the Manning wagon given us.. lets see..

2 superbowl trip won 1 of them, 11 playoff apperances, a new stadium, and many years of fun and wins.

What has Luck done for us? Oh wait.. the draft hasnt happened yet.

If Manning is 100%, give me MANNING!!!

Why do you think picking Luck means Manning is gone. The F.O. already has said they have no problem having both

You have to say that in this game of poker. You say it is an either or and it will reduce the value of the pick or Manning because teams will know you have to get rid of one of them. Irsay and company are not going to show any hands until we draft and make the pick. We are going to say all the right things when it comes to this draft. The Polians could think Luck is a bust, but they are still going to say they are intersted. They could easily be planning on taking Luck and trading Manning, but they will say they can co-exist to keep the value up.

When it comes to this offseason I just take everything our front office with a grain of salt.

Its looking like manning is the collective voice of our forum.Is there anyway that we could let mr.irsay know about our thoughts/opinion on this matter?I want him to understand our feelings about it.

Listen, I don't want to be mean about this, but Jim Irsay and the Colts organization are not going to make decisions that will effect the long term stability of the franchise based on a few posts on an online forum.

That isn't happening. It shouldn't happen. If you expect that to happen, you're going to be disappointed.

Listen, I don't want to be mean about this, but Jim Irsay and the Colts organization are not going to make decisions that will effect the long term stability of the franchise based on a few posts on an online forum.

That isn't happening. It shouldn't happen. If you expect that to happen, you're going to be disappointed.

Calm down jaric.I didn't mean to pee in your LUCKY-O'S this morning.Yes,if he's a wise owner,then he should atleast listen to what most of his fanbase tells him.

If Manning is NOT healthy..we resign Luck to a long term extension using the money we would have paid Peyton...

If Manning is healthly..we TRADE Luck for much needed picks...OR sign him to a lesser bucks extension..

No.

If you draft Luck, you sign him to the same 4 year deal that every other first rounder gets.

If you're drafting Luck, it's because you believe that is the the QBOTF. The only thing up for discussion once you've made that decision, is when excactly does the future end and the present begins. Which depends largely on Manning's health and if age at some point catches up to him.

He's 36. He won't be playing forever. Drafting luck, then holding him for two years, only to trade him, then in two years be having to draft another QBOTF. (and this is assuming Manning plays another 4 years which is pretty much the Manning or nothing groups best possible scenario)

That's a lot of time, money, and effort wasted. If you draft Luck, it's with the intention that he takes over for Manning whenver Manning needs to be taken over for. No other scenario really makes sense.

you think because luck is nfl ready he cant sit? he said he would. as to not benefiting the team i dont see how having the present and the future of the franchise doesnt benefit the team. we can use the other SIX picks to help peyton

Typically only the first three to four rounds are starters... so we are already taking one for the bench leaving two to three psosible starters... how does that help? And with Luck's cap hit, in keeps the Colts from spending that money elsewhere..

No.

If you draft Luck, you sign him to the same 4 year deal that every other first rounder gets.

If you're drafting Luck, it's because you believe that is the the QBOTF. The only thing up for discussion once you've made that decision, is when excactly does the future end and the present begins. Which depends largely on Manning's health and if age at some point catches up to him.

He's 36. He won't be playing forever. Drafting luck, then holding him for two years, only to trade him, then in two years be having to draft another QBOTF. (and this is assuming Manning plays another 4 years which is pretty much the Manning or nothing groups best possible scenario)

That's a lot of time, money, and effort wasted. If you draft Luck, it's with the intention that he takes over for Manning whenver Manning needs to be taken over for. No other scenario really makes sense.

Agreed. Drafting Luck with the point of trading him in the future is irresponsible, since his trade value will NEVER be higher than it is NOW. After two years of Sorgi Style bench warming, his value would plummet.

Calm down jaric.I didn't mean to pee in your LUCKY-O'S this morning.Yes,if he's a wise owner,then he should atleast listen to what most of his fanbase tells him.

Actually, if he's a wise owner, that's the last thing he's going to do.

Fans are irrational. The term comes from the word Fanatic. As high esteem as we may hold our football opinions, we are not the group of people to be making these decisions. The moment a franchise lets it's fanbase dictate these kind of moves, we can expect ourselves to be drafting towards the top of the draft for quite some time.

And you didn't upset me at all. You being disappointed because your unrealistic expectations go unfufilled isn't going to bother me in the slightest. I was hoping that I could get you to understand that what you're saying is unrealistic so that you don't end up disappointed, but if you want to continue to believe that I certainly can't stop you.

You do realize one more neck injury and Manning is done. He doesn't even have to get hit to re-injure his neck. Therefore as soon as the back up QB is playing he is our next QB and I don't want it to be a guy like Painter again. This can happen at anytime, Manning could play another 4 years or not even make it through next season. Luck would not only be our QB of the future, he would also be an insurance plan.

I want luck and so do many others. Ideal situation would be luck sit behind manning. But if I had to choose one or the other like one has to walk I would pick luck. He's not better then manning right now but he has a lot of years in him and we don't know if Peyton has more then 1. Simply adding PM to our team doesn't make us a super bowl contender in my book. Just my opinion though. Please don't kill me

Actually, if he's a wise owner, that's the last thing he's going to do.

Fans are irrational. The term comes from the word Fanatic. As high esteem as we may hold our football opinions, we are not the group of people to be making these decisions. The moment a franchise lets it's fanbase dictate these kind of moves, we can expect ourselves to be drafting towards the top of the draft for quite some time.

And you didn't upset me at all. You being disappointed because your unrealistic expectations go unfufilled isn't going to bother me in the slightest. I was hoping that I could get you to understand that what you're saying is unrealistic so that you don't end up disappointed, but if you want to continue to believe that I certainly can't stop you.

I don't care if its possible or not.It was just a suggestion.Yes,i know its unrealistic to expect jim or anybody else within the organization to care about our opinions.But there's alot we as fans can do with an unpopular decision.For example,...not buy tickets,merchandise or anything else colts related.And i even volunteer with an NFL outreach program here in china.Its goal is to familiarize the NFL with college age kids.I encourage them to play flag football and watch games on sinanfl.Of course,i mainly only teach COLTS football and players to them,so they know manning.That all will stop the moment mr.irsay trades or releases my favorite player(manning).

You do realize one more neck injury and Manning is done. He doesn't even have to get hit to re-injure his neck. Therefore as soon as the back up QB is playing he is our next QB and I don't want it to be a guy like Painter again. This can happen at anytime, Manning could play another 4 years or not even make it through next season. Luck would not only be our QB of the future, he would also be an insurance plan.

Exactly. Many think manning has one more season in him.

I want luck and so do many others. Ideal situation would be luck sit behind manning. But if I had to choose one or the other like one has to walk I would pick luck. He's not better then manning right now but he has a lot of years in him and we don't know if Peyton has more then 1. Simply adding PM to our team doesn't make us a super bowl contender in my book. Just my opinion though. Please don't kill me

That's fine,because its your choice and opinion.Thank you for just picking one.I know its such a tough decision and i can certainly see many actually crying over it.