Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning and Luck [Mega-merge]

WoolMagnet

If Manning comes back and we are 14-0, 13-1 or 12-2 or if there are a couple of games with big leads then any back-up QB could play. So maybe he is not a starter but nevertheless he could get some valuable playing time.

I am not allowed to start a thread. This is why I would like to ask the following question:

Provided that we beat the Jags and have the #2 pick: Who is the most talented player in this draft who could fill a hole in the Colts roster (apart from QB)? I would love to see a decent Safety or Cornerback or someone who can control the O-Line. Have Safeties or Cornerbacks ever been picked such high?

You should be able to start a thread very soon.I believe that you're required to make 15 post before you can start your own thread.So just be patient and you'll be able to do so shortly.

And now to answer your question....

If we actually end up with the second pick,i believe it must be traded down,because our targeted picks wouldn't go as high as 2nd overall.We could gain additional picks by trading down a couple of spots.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Of course, i didn't have to reply to your thread. I replied because I wanted to reply.

Because you seem upset that i told them to pick one or the either.My thread was about picking just one.In a perfect world,we can have our cake and eat it too,but this situation of manning/luck doesn't apply.

Because you seem upset that i told them to pick one or the either.My thread was about picking just one.In a perfect world,we can have our cake and eat it too,but this situation of manning/luck doesn't apply.

I wasn't upset. You would have known if I was upset. I was merely speaking as a member (not a moderator) saying that I didn't like such posts.

I have no problem with a thread asking members to choose one or the other. My problem was with your presentation where you alluded to your opinion as fact.

I understand why you strongly feel that Manning and Luck cannot co-exist. But, unless you have spoken to either Manning and/or Luck, I don't understand how you can know for a fact that they cannot co-exist.

I wasn't upset. You would have known if I was upset. I was merely speaking as a member (not a moderator) saying that I didn't like such posts.

I have no problem with a thread asking members to choose one or the other. My problem was with your presentation where you alluded to your opinion as fact.

I understand why you strongly feel that Manning and Luck cannot co-exist. But, unless you have spoken to either Manning and/or Luck, I don't understand how you can know for a fact that they cannot co-exist.

He has a bad problem with that.

ok,since i can't make my mind up on manning/luck, and i don't wish to read 5 pages of comments, please forgive me if i repeat what someone else allready has said. so here is a thought about taking luck. if luck is taken and sits behind manning for a few years, indy has a probable replacement sitting in the wing, don't know how a player is going to be until they are drafted aka leaf. if the number whatever indy ends up with, is traded away for a treaser chest of picks/players, does the fanbase realize that this season and maybe ore are in the future until another qb can step in and take control of the offense. before anyone starts saying anything, how many qb's did indy start between elway and manning? answer is alot, so when making up your decision on manning or luck kinda keep all this in mind. and again i apologize if i have repeated someone/others comment on this matter.

Yes...yes,okay.I'm just looking at the past history of #1's.They usually don't sit very long(maybe 8-10 games).And some fans on here actually think this guy(luck)is going to sit years.That simply isn't going to happen.So...'yes' history shows us that they cannot coexist(maybe half a year,but that's all).We need to come to terms with reality and this situation.Show me proof of number one picks doing this "sitting for years thing"..Can you?I'm talking about overall,not top 10 picks.

I guess I dont understand the debate here. Peyton will be back next year and the pick will get traded down for more later draft picks. The Colts will draft a qb at some point. We will be New England like and get as many draft picks as we can. If we dont, We do not deserve to be an elite team for a long time.

I guess I dont understand the debate here. Peyton will be back next year and the pick will get traded down for more later draft picks. The Colts will draft a qb at some point. We will be New England like and get as many draft picks as we can. If we dont, We do not deserve to be an elite team for a long time.

Wow, can I borrow your crystal ball please. How stupid of everyone for not knowing all this. What a pointess thread, why didn't you tell us all sooner?

by the way hasnt mychinadoll been kicked out of this forum before? Ofcourse under a differnt name. But, that pic is familiar

This is exactly WHY people leave this forum,because they're constantly under scrutiny from other members that share different opinions and viewpoints.I don't understand why its so difficult for everyone to accept eachother's differences and perspectives.Try to be civil and respect one another.

Question:Can 'luck' supporters or anybody else for that matter give examples of the number one overall pick sitting years or even one?Here's your chance to convince us that they can coexist.I have an open mind and willing to listen to any examples.But please just examples of the number one overall,and not top ten picks.Thanks in advance.

Frankly, I believe the talk of Luck is irrelevant. I believe we put that behind us when we beat the Texans because we will beat the Jags and beat them badly on Sunday. Peyton's health needs to be our primary concern because he is the man who will either take us to a number of Super Bowls over the next 4-5 years or we won't be going. RGIII will not get us there. He will be a good NFL QB, but not even close to the level of Manning. Only Luck in this year's group will ever approach Manning's ability to run an offense entirely from the line of scrimmage.

I am still pro-Luck but we dont know for sure that RG3 couldn't take the Colts to the SuperBowl in future. Just as there is no guarantee that Luck could. No one knows anything for sure right now. Also who is to say that the Colts must continue to run their offense entirely from the line of scrimmage when Peyton is gone? They could evolve and conform the offense to best suit the talent on hand. The only reason we run the offense the way we do is because we have Peyton. Doesn't mean the Colts are married to it forever though. Also the original architect of that system Tom Moore is gone so when Peyton goes, so does our linkage to that philosophy unless it is passed on to someone capable of carrying it on. But other qb's have been very successful and won Super Bowls without doing things "Peyton's way" so we shouldn't just write off RG3 completely just because he isn't a potential Manning clone.

Question:Can 'luck' supporters or anybody else for that matter give examples of the number one overall pick sitting years or even one?Here's your chance to convince us that they can coexist.I have an open mind and willing to listen to any examples.But please just examples of the number one overall,and not top ten picks.Thanks in advance.

Luck will. That's one.

This has been discussed many many time so you just need to read the previous post about the same thing. No need what so ever to start a new post. JMO of course.

I'm sorry,i didn't know it was a previous post.

Really??? You didn't know??? How about the fact that you, yourself have brought it up in a dozen other threads?

Who cares if its happened before or not? There is a first time for every situation so it don't matter how many times you get on here and whine about it never happening before.

Really??? You didn't know??? How about the fact that you, yourself have brought it up in a dozen other threads?

Who cares if its happened before or not? There is a first time for every situation so it don't matter how many times you get on here and whine about it never happening before.

You're quite antisocial.There's no need to keep attacking me again and again in every comment that i post.And you couldn't give an example,could you.I thought so.Because it just doesn't happen.

You're quite antisocial.There's no need to keep attacking me again and again in every comment that i post.And you couldn't give an example,could you.I thought so.Because it just doesn't happen.

Im antisocial to those who deserve it. Just because it hasn't happened, don't mean that it won't. You're problem is(like several others have already pointed out) is that you state you're nonsensical ramblings as absolute fact. It's your own fault people don't respond well to your posts.

Im antisocial to those who deserve it. Just because it hasn't happened, don't mean that it won't. You're problem is(like several others have already pointed out) is that you state you're nonsensical ramblings as absolute fact. It's your own fault people don't respond well to your posts.

I usually get civil replies,except for a couple of people(mainly you).How many people have complained about you?I know of four.The way you treat people is disgusting.Like i said before,give me just one example to my thread.

I usually get civil replies,except for a couple of people(mainly you).How many people have complained about you?I know of four.The way you treat people is disgusting.Like i said before,give me just one example to my thread.

There have been plenty of people complaining about your posts because of the way you you state things and you've been here for a week(this time anyway). And you just can't let this thread topic go. If you believe you know everything and can see the future, well, good for you. :loco:

There have been plenty of people complaining about your posts because of the way you you state things and you've been here for a week(this time anyway). And you just can't let this thread topic go. If you believe you know everything and can see the future, well, good for you. :loco:

I've already apologized to those people.I never meant for my posts to come off strongly.But i find that laughable coming from you.And the last time i checked,i can phrase my opinions in any format that i so choose.Its my opinion and perspective.You can just choose to not reply if it bothers you so much.

I've already apologized to those people.I never meant for my posts to come off strongly.But i find that laughable coming from you.And the last time i checked,i can phrase my opinions in any format that i so choose.Its my opinion and perspective.You can just choose to not reply if it bothers you so much.

Why don't you join a Manning Fan club, rather than bore us all with this complete nonsense.

please agree to disagree. these sorts of discussions belong in private messages

Moving on............I'm not sure that opposite sides on this topic can discuss this without .........this kind of thing

More of this and the thread will need to be closed

I wish i knew what jim and bill were really upto.The thought of drafting griffin is enough to make me change my mind.I would much prefer luck,than him!I would shudder if we drafted that guy.I hope bill is just putting up that famous smokescreen of his.I think back when everyone thought trent dilfer was going to get drafted by us,but then...BOOM,its trev alberts!But both were busts anyway,so i guess it doesn't matter.

Have you heard of dan snyder?He's such a man.

I live in the Redskin market. I can almost hear Irsay's phone ringing from dear ole Danny Snyder. The local Radio station here mentioned last week that they envisioned Peyton being the Redskin QB next year. I think I would have to claw my eyes out if I Peyton ever wore Burgundy and Gold. We need Peyton back next year and with Luck as our back up we return to the SB in New Orleans and Peyton retires after he wins it and hands the keys over to Luck on "his terms". A girl can dream can't she??

Not to jump in, but yeah i'm doing that, I have seen more head scratchers from this dude in the last week....