Pro-Bowl Roster Out

Exodus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well only one punter goes. you think he did better then lacher

Huh, ya. He single handedly stopped several almost touchdowns from punts and kick offs due to poor tackling on ST. Name another punter that has done that. None. The guy is a beast.

Angerer deserved to go with the year he has had. IMO, Freeney didnt deserve to go without Mathis. Mathis has had a better year.

I never remember this from year to year because it makes no sense what-so-ever, but why is this announced now? They only play 16 games, and the season isn't over yet. I just don't get it.

Very disappointed about Angerer and McAfee, and pleasantly surprised about Freeney.

Cam Newton shoulda made it over Eli hands down. he broke NUMEROUS records this season and he's just a rookie.

We agree?

No way!

Seriously though.....yea I was hatin on Newton before the season started. Can't argue with results. Anyone that breaks a Peyton Manning record is worthy.

I'm glad that we get to be represented by Freeney, but let's be honest-- Angerer should've made it. Ray Lewis, really? The guy's been hurt for weeks this season, and doesn't hold a candle to Angerer this year. Let's be honest, Angerer WAS our defense most of the season.

Just because your voted in does it mean that you have to go if you don't want to? I thought previously some players that voted in chose not to go. Just curious I guess.

I'm not sure but I don't think you can just say "I don't want to go" and get out of it. I think the most common way is an "injury" preventing the player from going.

I'm glad that we get to be represented by Freeney, but let's be honest-- Angerer should've made it. Ray Lewis, really? The guy's been hurt for weeks this season, and doesn't hold a candle to Angerer this year. Let's be honest, Angerer WAS our defense most of the season.

Did you write 'and Bethea' in a white font?

Why?

Sometimes I get the feeling that you aren't actually a Colts fan.

The NFC has Allen,Peppers,Babin,Pierre-Paul, Chris Long,Charles Johnson,Trent Cole,Justin Smith,Will Smith,Osi,Abraham,Tuck, Dockett...Thats without getting into the Clemons/Vanden Boshs/Avrils of the world. Or Rookies like Clayborn.

The AFC has Dumervil,Freeney, Mathis then Sheard/Carter/Anderson?

Get educated before you question a fandom.

Tebow made the alternate team, though. lol.

Not surprised Freeney got in. He's the most popular DE in the AFC. Definitely disappointed McAfee and Angerer didn't get in, but we're 2-13.. how many people even know who they are? lol

You hit it right on the head. The pro bowl is a popularity contest. I'm pretty sure that more Colts will get into the pro bowl when other players back out and due to injuries, etc, and when players in the Super Bowl don't play. What if the Pats and Niners make the Super Bowl? They have 8 players each in the pro bowl.

Pat Angerer is no Ray Lewis, not even this year. Ray Lewis is increible, he's just been unhealthy. I guess Angerer should have made it as the 3rd or 4th guy, but how many spots are there? His tackle stats are over inflated do to all of the plays are defense has played this season because of our bad 3rd down defense. He has played really well and at least he finally got an interception!

The NFC has Allen,Peppers,Babin,Pierre-Paul, Chris Long,Charles Johnson,Trent Cole,Justin Smith,Will Smith,Osi,Abraham,Tuck, Dockett...Thats without getting into the Clemons/Vanden Boshs/Avrils of the world. Or Rookies like Clayborn.

The AFC has Dumervil,Freeney, Mathis then Sheard/Carter/Anderson?

Get educated before you question a fandom.

I don't bother with those stupid games.

The topic was along the lines of "Hey Colts fans, here's some rare good news in this most miserable of years - Dwight Freeney was elected to the Pro-Bowl"!!!!!!

Your response:

The DE position in the AFC is a joke.

You don't think that sounds more like a fan of another team, commenting on the topic simply to diminish Freeney's selection? I wasn't insulting you - there are plenty of good fans of other teams posting here. I was just verbally scratching my head, trying to conceive of a reason for you to make a comment such as this. Surely you've had this question come up before.

Now that you've replied more fully, I see that what you really meant to say was something along the lines of "I'm glad that Freeney made the Pro-Bowl, but in my opinion the level of talent at the position in the AFC is sufficiently inferior to the NFC that his election isn't as impressive as it sounds".

So in other words, the problem isn't that you are a fan of another team, the problem is that you did a terrible job of expressing yourself, enticing everyone reading the thread to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Consider me educated.

Now that you've replied more fully, I see that what you really meant to say was something along the lines of "I'm glad that Freeney made the Pro-Bowl, but in my opinion the level of talent at the position in the AFC is sufficiently inferior to the NFC that his election isn't as impressive as it sounds".

So in other words, the problem isn't that you are a fan of another team, the problem is that you did a terrible job of expressing yourself, enticing everyone reading the thread to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Consider me educated.

No, that's not what I meant to say at all. What I meant to say was, The DE position in the AFC is a joke, which is exactly what I said. I didn't do a terrible job expressing myself. As a matter of fact it was crystal clear. Those that are educated rarely jump to the wrong conclusion.

How about I start a thread where we can all celebrate mediocrity and heap praises upon praises on someone who doesn't deserve it.

Because that's what 'real fans' do.

Freeney making the PB is nothing short of a sham. Patx2, Bethea, and Mathis all had better years. As a Colts FAN it's my duty to speak up and say its completely undeserved.

Wow I am surprised that Aaron Hernandez did not get the other TE spot on the AFC. Go figure it was Gates.

I feel bad for Pat because he shares the AFC with Lechler. Lechler is just a beast of a punter.

I am surprised Freeney got voted in. I did not think any Colt other then Pat really deserved to go.

The NFC receiving core is just out right sick. Megatron, Fitz, Jennings, and Steve Smith.

I thought Cam, Romo, or Stafford should have made it over Eli. Then again I am totally biased against Eli. :)