Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Great Duron Carter by Stephen Holder

Steamboat_Shaun

First actual confirmation that he failed drug tests at Alabama, I think, even though it was accepted as fact for a long time. It sounds like he was a 19-20 year old who hadn't learned what it means to be self-disciplined, and it cost him big time. Hopefully he's on track now.

This quote puzzles me...

"We're completely different players," Duron said. "I'm 6-5, but I play like I'm 5-8. I love the ball in the open field."

Um...who doesnt? If everyone could get the ball in open field everyone would look like a star.  To bad there is another team out there playing defense.

This quote puzzles me...

"We're completely different players," Duron said. "I'm 6-5, but I play like I'm 5-8. I love the ball in the open field."

Um...who doesnt? If everyone could get the ball in open field everyone would look like a star.  To bad there is another team out there playing defense.

Also "I love the open field"  Everyone loves the open field. . . it's easier to break free there.  But with your size and catch radius you need to make tough catches in traffic.  We have TY Hilton and Dorsett for the open field.

This quote puzzles me...

He's talking about his ability to catch a screen pass and make a couple guys miss, essentially creating his own open field for a big gain, a la Julian Edelman, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, etc.

He's talking about his ability to catch a screen pass and make a couple guys miss, essentially creating his own open field for a big gain, a la Julian Edelman, Steve Smith, Wes Welker, etc.

Yup, and the irony, considering he's 8 inches taller than those guys.

Im really rooting for Duron, He has passion for the game. i want to see him succeed hopefully he has learned from his mistakes.

He's got an opportunity now, but it's going to be a huge challenge. For better or worse, come regular season, he will have earned whatever playing time he gets.

Duron Carter is becoming the Da'Rick Rogers of this year's Colts.  Fans fall in love with him because he "looks the part" and then they'll freak out when he doesn't get on the field or doesn't make the team.

Yea except we signed Duron to a 3 year contract. Da'Rick never got that.

This quote puzzles me...

Um...who doesnt? If everyone could get the ball in open field everyone would look like a star. To bad there is another team out there playing defense.

Facepalm

First actual confirmation that he failed drug tests at Alabama, I think, even though it was accepted as fact for a long time. It sounds like he was a 19-20 year old who hadn't learned what it means to be self-disciplined, and it cost him big time. Hopefully he's on track now.

Am I missing something?  Where did it say he failed drug tests - anywhere?

Am I missing something? Where did it say he failed drug tests - anywhere?

From the article:

So, while working through his immaturity, while skipping classes at Ohio State and turning in late assignments in junior college and failing drug tests at Alabama, Duron continued to hold on to his father's words.

. . .

"I can't play, I'm redshirted, then I fail a couple drug tests," Duron said.

From the article:

Sorry, my bad.  I missed that.  I live in Bama and never heard about him failing a drug test.  It was strictly academics.

Actually, that was the first time (in that article) that drugs were mentioned in connection with him, as far as I know. 

Yeah, whenever a kid is suspended there's always the drug rumors. Hopefully he's matured and can contribute. There will be injuries, he'll get his chance.

I'm calling it rumors because it wasn't verified, but I've seen people say flat out that they know he was suspended because of failed drug tests, even though it was never actually reported. 

Am I missing something?  Where did it say he failed drug tests - anywhere?

"In reality, he had never been further from the NFL. Not while playing sparingly as a freshman at Ohio State. Not while keeping his dream alive in Coffeyville, Kan. And certainly not while absorbing all the invaluable lessons of his childhood, watching his dad's Hall-of-Fame career play out.

"I can't play, I'm redshirted, then I fail a couple drug tests," Duron said."

The kid has intangibles that cant be coached. His Father is one of the best to ever play the position. He seems like he finally "gets it" and it appears that his maturity has finally caught up to his talent.

And the fact that he wants to be better than his Father speaks volumes of confidence. I'm rooting heavily for this kid.

If Duron makes the 53,  odds are it's as the 5th WR.

If Duron doesn't,  he goes to the Practice Squad.

As a member of the 53,  he makes the NFL minimum of roughly $450k, but I think he'd only catch about 10-15 passes.

As a member of the PS,  he'll make about 105-110k.... 

I hope he's mature enough to accept either fate....   neither are great,  but it's the first step in a long journey.   Duron has to be patient.

It really was that simple.

And the reading comprehension skills here are... wowsa! Splains a lot.

Sounds like Rogers to me talks about his passion for the game but his behavior doesn't reflect it.

He's wearing the horseshoe now so I really hope he pans out. If his daddy's not Cris Carter don't think he's a story

If he goes to the ps he prolly gets picked off by another team

If Grigs sends Carter sends to the PS then Grigs is a jacka##.

It is almost certain that one or more teams will go after him and add him to their 53.

And then, when we have WR injuries later in the year (like Andre) the team will regret it.

If Grigs sends Carter sends to the PS then Grigs is a jacka##.

It is almost certain that one or more teams will go after him and add him to their 53.

And then, when we have WR injuries later in the year (like Andre) the team will regret it.

I agree

Don't sweat it, he is under a three year contract if I'm not mistaking so he would really

have to start sucking pretty badly to be sent to the PS.

I agree but others were just mentioning him going to the ps I was just saying if he does he's gone

I have high hopes for Duron. I always get jacked about these type of guys we bring in, hoping for a diamond in the rough type, like a Cameron Wake. I've said this about numerous players around the league, but it just takes some kids longer to grow up and figure things out than it does others. Hopefully he's grown up and learned from his mistakes and has a great career with us. Although I'm not really sure he's ever actually done anything too bad to start with. But anyways, he's got talent. You cant deny that.