Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville By 4 1/2?

oldunclemark

the early line says we get beat.....

2 1/2 maybe..but I'm surprised at 4 1/2. Really?

Jax doenst score many points

One word...Indy has covered the spread 4 weeks in a row....

Why do people even bother to hear this rubbish?

Who creates this "spread"? Do they have a network of psychics?

We could very easily win this game but we could also very easily lose this game. MJD is running like never before we never fair to well against him. It's in Jacksonville. It's a division rival. We have struggled to win there with PM as our qb so I think we lose a very close game.

I think its a foregone conclusion that this game is a lock for us. Seriously folks, our luck has run out -- we will not get the top pick in the draft, Rams will get punk-smacked by the Niners, who are fighting for playoff positioning. Let's face it, our franchise has had its share of success (mild as it relates to Super Bowl wins) but success as it relates to wins and losses. We havent had great success in draft picks lately and therefore I guess we were due to fail in that regard. The drop off from the 1st pick to the 2nd is immeasurable. If we lose to Jacksonville, I would be shocked/stunned/surprised to a degree not seen by mankind.

I think its a foregone conclusion that this game is a lock for us. Seriously folks, our luck has run out -- we will not get the top pick in the draft, Rams will get punk-smacked by the Niners, who are fighting for playoff positioning. Let's face it, our franchise has had its share of success (mild as it relates to Super Bowl wins) but success as it relates to wins and losses. We havent had great success in draft picks lately and therefore I guess we were due to fail in that regard. The drop off from the 1st pick to the 2nd is immeasurable. If we lose to Jacksonville, I would be shocked/stunned/surprised to a degree not seen by mankind.

Debbie Downer much?

We have Peyton FREAKING Manning and a top 2 draft pick in every round. Even at #2, we get the 2nd, 34th and 66th picks. All quality, foundation laying high end picks.

There are no karmic conspiracies of cosmic forces manipulating the Indianapolis Colts luck regarding draft position. Throw salt over your shoulder, knock on wood, avoid those cracks in the sidewalk that have been known to break your mothers back, never break a mirror or walk under a ladder.....these things directly influence your favorite NFL teams draft position.

Everybody got that?

money creates the spread. I wonder how much Vegas has won/lost on the colts.

But the house always wins so...........

Nothing personal to anyone here that may qualify....I hate gamblers, I hate Vegas and I hate point spreads. I swear when people mention them I just want to kick them in the teeth.

Manning is not automatic to return, alot of people here talks like he's 100% healthy to return when he is not- So what do we do for QB then? By draft time, we'll know if Manning returns, retires or gets traded.

Exactly. I'm tired of everybody saying y draft a qb or we r super bowl contenders next year with PM. No one knows what Peyton will look like IF he returns. He's had 3 surgeries on his neck. Hes not getting any younger. Its possible that he won't be able to compete at a high level like he has. I agree with people when they say He's got max 1 run left in him. I love the guy but at some point he's going to regress.

Manning is not automatic to return, alot of people here talks like he's 100% healthy to return when he is not- So what do we do for QB then? By draft time, we'll know if Manning returns, retires or gets traded.

Why assume that someone who is 85% recovered (by reports) and cleared by doctors

..and who played every game before his injury..is not coming back.???

..and its not either/or...we can draft a QB and go on a playoff run in 2012

Organized crime sets the spread, Ruk

If you cant trust them, who can you trust???

ohhhh....organized crime. Well then, I see no reason to question the spread.

I've had fun making friendly wagers on who wins and who doesn't, but all this crap about covering the spread is silly.

ohhhh....organized crime. Well then, I see no reason to question the spread.

I've had fun making friendly wagers on who wins and who doesn't, but all this crap about covering the spread is silly.

Of course it is....////but that's why there is a point spread.

to stir people up..get 'em mad..,get 'em betting....get 'em rebelling with righteous indignation...

To create exactly the reaction you and I have.......for the good of the game (and organized crime..)

We're married to the mob... :luv:

Manning at 85% sounds good, but anyone can throw a football around- Even at 100%, who knows how he'll be once gets hit enough during actua games. Our 0-line not excatly like years ago when permitted least amount of sacks allowed which is opposite now.

Jcolt..but you'd have to agree our O-line is 10 times better than it was in 2010, right?

Dont worry about Manning getting hit...

...and QB can go down with the right hit.....

The doctors say he's going to be okay

The surgery he had was to get rid of the pain in his neck and make it stronger. If it heals properly (which it probably is) I have no doubt peyton will come back and be his old self. Yeah he may be a little rusty since not playing football in a year but theres a really good chance he will be his old self again.

Listen to 'Big Mach'

There is no way the Colts lose this game unless we decide to start Painter out of the blue. We are going to squander that 1st draft pick. Aye...yie...yie the Rams are AWFUL! :facepalm: I need an Excedrin.

Rams beat Saints, look what Saints did to us, We deserve that 1st pick

Let have a ram / colt playoff, Playoffs ,Playoffs ET C ETC ETC

Colts by 10 points! If Manning does come back, no overboard with signing aging FA's from our team as do need some infusion of youth

Folks..I think the spread represents the national view that we will (or should be) throwing this game to get the No.1 pick..

...That's why the spread does not reflect us beating Tennessee and Houstion in a 4-day span..

JColt....If you can get the Colts AND more than 3...this is prime...

////Unless Orlovsky's wife has the babies Saturday night and he has to go...)) :dance:

Nothing personal to anyone here that may qualify....I hate gamblers, I hate Vegas and I hate point spreads. I swear when people mention them I just want to kick them in the teeth.

No offense taken.

It's not gambling if you know you're going win.

:D

Lol silenthill. Thats good wishful thinking though. But i think he goes for 100 and a td. Colts still win. They beat a betteer texans team and arian foster still ran for 158 yards

Texas Defense was without their coordinater and they were missing key pieces on top of rookie QB play. at this point i'd say JAX defense is better.