Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This came straight from the Wells Report, page 51:

"Anderson typically gauges all of the game balls for one team, and then all of the

game balls for the other team, before testing the back-up balls. He does not remember whether
he began with the Patriots or the Colts game balls on the day of the AFC Championship Game.
He does recall that he gauged all of the footballs in the shower area of the locker room prior to
the game."

He should have recorded the results, but yes, they were checked before the game. 

I am not trying to convince. Just sharing what is being reported now that folks have had time to actually read the report. It is obvious it has more holes than swiss cheese .....

Your arguments and some shady reporting out of New England have more holes than Swiss cheese. The report seems pretty legit to everyone who isn't a Brady supporter.

So what? The Pats balls were significantly lower than they should have been. The Pats ball attendant ducked into the bathroom with the balls after refs had checked them. 

There is no dragnet type of activity required here. One team was out of compliance, and it's well documented. I don't know why you're trying to deflect here.

What those other balls weighed is important here as what if some of them were the same psi as the Pats or lower? Not to mention there were two different sets of measurements taken with varying results on all the balls.

They league was informed by Grigson the day before the game that he was concerned about the Pats air pressure. They never notified the Pats or had the balls gauged before kickoff. They waited an entire half to catch the Pats and in the process compromised the integrity of the title game. That is the part if I was a Colts fan, I would be really ripped about.

Let me put in perspective.  A 20 person company decides they are going to do a 100% Drug test throughout the company, due to someone tipping off that a fellow employee was on drugs.  Is the company supposed to then warn that person before anything or be fair and administer a 100% drug test to every individual?  

Doesn't that sound ridiculous?  

They league was informed by Grigson the day before the game that he was concerned about the Pats air pressure. They never notified the Pats or had the balls gauged before kickoff. They waited an entire half to catch the Pats and in the process compromised the integrity of the title game. That is the part if I was a Colts fan, I would be really ripped about.

Do you even listen to what you say?

In what universe is someone who is suspected of wrongdoing given a heads up.

You really do need to start preparing yourself for the sanctions handed down. Brady and this image you continue to have for him, let's just say his halo is more than a bit tarnished.

What those other balls weighed is important here as what if some of them were the same psi as the Pats or lower? Not to mention there were two different sets of measurements taken with varying results on all the balls.

Goodness.

Were the Pats balls out of compliance or not?

This came straight from the Wells Report, page 51:

"Anderson typically gauges all of the game balls for one team, and then all of the

game balls for the other team, before testing the back-up balls. He does not remember whether
he began with the Patriots or the Colts game balls on the day of the AFC Championship Game.
He does recall that he gauged all of the footballs in the shower area of the locker room prior to
the game."

You are missing my point. Grigson told them the day before and instead of letting the Pats know which is standard protocol for something like this so they could ensure their balls were properly inflated and instead of re-gauging them before kickoff as it would appear the balls may have been deflated in the bathroom prior to kick off, they let the game play for an entire half before gauging them again and the only gauged 4 Colts balls to the Pats 11 because they ran out of time. This whole thing is unbelievable shoddy and could have been avoided to not compromise the title game ..

Yes, tip off the cheaters so they won't get caught. That doesn't make any sense. The FBI allow some crimes to happen that they have been tipped off about so they can catch the criminals red handed. That's exactly what happened in this case.

Let me put in perspective. A 20 person company decides they are going to do a 100% Drug test throughout the company, due to someone tipping off that a fellow employee was on drugs. Is the company supposed to then warn that person before anything or be fair and administer a 100% drug test to every individual?

Doesn't that sound ridiculous?

Pfft if someone is driving drunk it is absolutely the responsibility of the local police force to alert them of a nearby checkpoint so the drunk driver can use an alternate route! (Sarcasm folks)

Yes, tip off the cheaters so they won't get caught. That doesn't make any sense. The FBI allow some crimes to happen that they have been tipped off about so they can catch the criminals red handed. That's exactly what happened in this case.

Did you not read anything when this whole thing surfaced back in Jan? When there is a complaint of this nature by a team whether it is ball pressure, or a team that likes to hold a lot, or grab receivers, the league/refs typically give a heads up to the opposing team so they know they are watching for it. Remember this air pressure. Something the refs themselves get wrong as evidenced by the 16 psi footballs for the Jets game.

You are missing my point. Grigson told them the day before and instead of letting the Pats know which is standard protocol for something like this so they could ensure their balls were properly inflated and instead of re-gauging them before kickoff as it would appear the balls may have been deflated in the bathroom prior to kick off, they let the game play for an entire half before gauging them again and the only gauged 4 Colts balls to the Pats 11 because they ran out of time. This whole thing is unbelievable shoddy and could have been avoided to not compromise the title game ..

There's no point to miss! You are just babbling and flogging crap at the wall. Save your voice for when you have an actual valid point to make.

can you provide a link to that protocol?

Not happening. Not in my eyes anyways, it would be inconceivable. Guys who get popped for PEDs only get 4 games, so how in the world can anyone think Brady is going to get a full year out of this?

That because the Players Association has an agreement with the league about punishment levels involving PEDS.  I do not believe there is any mandated guidelines for cheating, or lying to the investigators, refusing to cooperate, lying to the public or apparent attempts to cover it all up with urgent calls to equipment personnel the day after it all broke.  The more people realize how bad this is, anything less than something BIG is going to damage the NFL in ways far worse than even they suspect.  

Some think he should get nothing... many others think a full year.  Perhaps something in between will happen, but as this thing snowballs in the media anything is possible, but a light slap on the wrist is less and less likely.  

Many are also saying Belichick will get significant suspension time as well and draft pick(s) will also be lost.  

Lol keep on reaching.  It is pointless to discuss anything with you because you live in fantasy land.  What if this what if that.  

Lol keep on reaching.  It is pointless to discuss anything with you because you live in fantasy land.  What if this what if that.  

Read the report. I think most here have not and are just going by the sensationalized headlines ...

Thus, I reject the Wells report explanation for dismissing the role of science based on their usage of this uneven data between teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4781236/turning-a-critical-eye-on-wells-report

Oh no! how will they ever move on with punishment if you personally do not believe the findings.  the patriots couldnt possibly be guilty right?

Read the report. I think most here have not and are just going by the sensationalized headlines ...

Most here have read the report and get it.

The real question is what will it take for you to get it?

Yes and so were the Colts balls.

No they weren't. Every one of the Colts balls that was measured was within compliance according to Blakeman's readings. Prioleau's readings had 3 of the 4 out of compliance by, at most, 0.35 PSI. Five out of 8 readings were fine.

NONE of the Pats balls were in compliance by any reading. Twenty four out of twenty four readings were out of compliance. Let's stop with sample size and trying to point the finger back at the Colts. The analysis done by Exponent makes it clear that atmospheric pressure isn't the culprit, and the fact that Jastremski ducked into the bathroom makes it obvious that they tampered with the footballs.

And that's the long and short of it. The Pats tampered with the footballs after they had been checked by the refs. 

No they weren't. Every one of the Colts balls that was measured was within compliance according to Blakeman's readings. Prioleau's readings had 3 of the 4 out of compliance by, at most, 0.35 PSI. Five out of 8 readings were fine.

NONE of the Pats balls were in compliance by any reading. Twenty four out of twenty four readings were out of compliance. Let's stop with sample size and trying to point the finger back at the Colts. The analysis done by Exponent makes it clear that atmospheric pressure isn't the culprit, and the fact that Jastremski ducked into the bathroom makes it obvious that they tampered with the footballs.

And that's the long and short of it. The Pats tampered with the footballs after they had been checked by the refs. 

Ding ding.....

Yeah. Lol that's kind of one of the main characteristics of Swiss cheese.

Wait wait wait...so let me get this straight...you're saying that one of the MAIN characteristics of swiss cheese has holes.....ok so like going back to like my elementary school days.....

Holes is to Swiss Cheese as Brady is to <WHAT?>

A. Pretty Boy

B. Arrogant

C. Cocky

D. Dishonest

E. Cheater

F. All of the above

I think you read a different report than everybody. I think you wrote your own report based on bull poop and that's what you are trying to convince others is true.

Wait wait wait...so let me get this straight...you're saying that one of the MAIN characteristics of swiss cheese has holes.....ok so like going back to like my elementary school days.....

Holes is to Swiss Cheese as Brady is to <WHAT?>

A. Pretty Boy

B. Arrogant

C. Cocky

D. Dishonest

E. Cheater

F. All of the above

Brady's story and the crap reports coming out of New England saying the Wells report are full of holes.

Holy Moses.  What you seem to be suggesting is that the NFL should have to protect the Patriots from its own deceitful nature.  They gauged them and found they were in compliance before the game.  When someone checks off a compliance issue, that should be the end of the inquiry.  It's not the referee or NFL's job to play detective and uncover all conceivable tampering.  If something tests out okay, you should be able to rely on the fact that no fraud was imminent.  That's the thing about fraudulent behavior, it has an element of deceit.  

Yes and so were the Colts balls.

My Lord AM , stop for a minute and think about what you are trying to argue. You knew from the Brady presser he was lying. He wouldn't let them have his phone. He likes a deflated ball. He denied knowing the people that took the air out of the balls. They have emails implicating themselves ad Brady. He's been giving them gifts. Give it u and stop being sucked in by Kraft and Brady's lawyer . They are both , IMO, worse than Brady. Kraft is a scumbag for insinuating Wells wanted to frame Brady. It's ridiculous to keep defending this

Um. no. There were two sets of measurements and the second set had every one of the Colts balls below 12.5 but they also had to throw out the third ball measurement because they screwed it up.

CEWulSWWoAA19rb.png

That because the Players Association has an agreement with the league about punishment levels involving PEDS.  I do not believe there is any mandated guidelines for cheating, or lying to the investigators, refusing to cooperate, lying to the public or apparent attempts to cover it all up with urgent calls to equipment personnel the day after it all broke.  The more people realize how bad this is, anything less than something BIG is going to damage the NFL in ways far worse than even they suspect.  

Some think he should get nothing... many others think a full year.  Perhaps something in between will happen, but as this thing snowballs in the media anything is possible, but a light slap on the wrist is less and less likely.  

Many are also saying Belichick will get significant suspension time as well and draft pick(s) will also being lost.  

I will say this, the longer Brady says nothing, the worse it looks, and allows the narrative to grow. It's another NFL rule that the Patriots have exploited to their competitive advantage. NFL gave an inch, and the Patriots took a mile, so I could see Goodell being pretty salty about it.

Having said that, I still don't think it warrants anything more than a hefty fine. If a second offense were to occur, different story altogether.

My Lord AM , stop for a minute and think about what you are trying to argue. You knew from the Brady presser he was lying. He wouldn't let them have his phone. He likes a deflated ball. He denied knowing the people that took the air out of the balls. They have emails implicating themselves ad Brady. He's been giving them gifts. Give it u and stop being sucked in by Kraft and Brady's lawyer . They are both , IMO, worse than Brady. Kraft is a scumbag for insinuating Wells wanted to frame Brady. It's ridiculous to keep defending this

DW, I am just arguing the report that has to prove it. This thing is a pile of poop. Have you actually read it?

I have and I have serious doubts that you have gotten any further in the report than the first sentence....