Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

Yep. That info another poster put out yesterday on fumble stats for the 'law firm' was pretty eye opening.

And that's just one example.

I wonder what Blount's fumble rate was for the Steelers last year.

Heck, now I'm wondering if the whole Blount to the Pats thing sparked this issue.

He used to fumble like crazy, when he played for Tampa Bay.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anything less than 4 games is an absolute joke, anything less than 6 games is an injustice, anything less than 8 games he got off easy. Personally, I think 12 games seems right. If Robert Mathis got 8 for taking a stinking fertility drug, then a guy who intentionally cheats and lies about it should get more.

not me...honestly..beating the Pats without brady at the helm would be an empty win IMO...I say we need to beat them straight -up..

I understand the sentiment, but if he is suspended that game and we win, I'm not going to feel bad at all. I'm going to feel like "hey, look what happens when they aren't allowed to cheat!"

I was serious ..no interest in baseball at all or anything baseball related. I would have to go to Google to find out what Lance Armstrong did.

I was with you there for about 2 seconds .

I'v been to Dodger & Angel & the Oakland A's games with family & friends when young . I'v never been much of a baseball fan at all .

But I don't live under rock . I did'nt miss the long ball hype of Bonds , Mcguire , Sosa or A-Rod .

And Lance Armstrong  your on a computer saying you know nothing  I first started on a Computer 8 years ago the first thing I learned was I can still learn to claim ignorance is ignorant  the world is at your finger tips & you know nothing .

IMO the time you took to post is about how long it would have taken to learn something not exactly a go getter or believable unless lazy is closer to the truth you do your self no favors claiming ignorance .

Good news for Jimmy G. I suppose. I assume Brady will appeal whatever is handed down although this Yee campaign is making me think they may fight this thing pretty hard.

Imagine Brady gets suspended for a year (he won't but play along) and Jimmy tears it up this season and gets the Patriots deep into the playoffs before they lose to someone. Brady's been gone a year and there's a dark cloud over his head so the Patriots decide to cut him. Drew Bledsoe pops open a bottle of champagne.

Both Corgi & AMF are good friends of mine & 2 intelligent posters I respect very much. Picturing AMF as General Patton made me chuckle. I won't lie about that. AMF is just loyal to Brady & I do respect that because when somebody I idolize gets attacked or accused of something unflattering I go into full unleash hades mode too so I get where AMF is coming from &, if you can't discredit or refute the report directly, you go into bait & switch mode introducing other elements or teams not relevant to the situation being discussed. It's a common diversion tactic used in politics or running a campaign. 

I get Corgi's point as well. The problem with revering somebody is that when they disappoint you or act in such a way that conflicts with a person's utopian image of them no piece of evidence is going to dismantle their high profile significance of them even if the god like figure in their eyes owns up to a specific activity in question. What's my point here? You roll with whatever gives you the strongest piece of mind & you reject or dismiss whatever diminishes your idealized image of the athlete, musician, actor, or performer in question. 

All I know for sure is this: The longer Brady says nothing the worse it gets for him like a snowball rolling down a steep hill getting bigger & bigger & faster & faster until it [the scandal] takes on a life of it's own that can no longer be stopped, contained, or controlled. Honestly, Brady looks guilty as sin & it's a deep hole to dig out of. Silence has a way of creating craters that get filled by other people the longer you say nothing. 

I need to see what the league gives Brady as punishment & what Brady says on his own behalf. Brady needs to either own it go into full Alamo mode saying NE's got my back & I don't care what the rest of the world thinks. 

Very well said sir. I appreciate the kind words as well. You are one of my favorite posters by far.

Something to consider here about competitive advantage. If Brady misses Pitt game and Pats lose and then he is back for Colts game and Pats win then Pitt could have a tie breaker over Colts just by virtue of the Steelers not having to go up against Brady.

Good news for Jimmy G. I suppose. I assume Brady will appeal whatever is handed down although this Yee campaign is making me think they may fight this thing pretty hard.

And here I thought they weren't going to fight it at all.

And here I thought they weren't going to fight it at all.

Yee has been very pointed in his interviews and has ripped the report up and down. They had a lawyer here given his take on what recourse Brady can take but I would think he would bring in the PA and go from there ... it is hard to read. But I don't think this is going away any time soon ...

Yee has been very pointed in his interviews and has ripped the report up and down. They had a lawyer here given his take on what recourse Brady can take buy I would think he could bring in the PA and go from there ... it is hard to read. But I don't think this is going away any time soon ...

Yee has definitely been pointed. Even going so far as to accuse the NFL of being rigged.

Yee has definitely been pointed. Even going so far as to accuse the NFL of being rigged.

Yeah. lots of venom. They feel the report was written in such a way to paint the picture the league wanted which is probably true as obviously the league wanted this to come out the way it did ... but man they might be messing with the wrong player on this one ... if nothing else it will be entertaining ...

Something to consider here about competitive advantage. If Brady misses Pitt game and Pats lose and then he is back for Colts game and Pats win then Pitt could have a tie breaker over Colts just by virtue of the Steelers not having to go up against Brady.

Sure that could potentially happen.  But the Colts also play Steelers head to head this year so the result of that game will likely have more bearing if a tiebreaker is needed. 

Yeah, I'm agreeing with you. Sorry if my response sounded argumentative. I sometimes start arguing with the air in the room and forget I'm actually responding to someone.....

It's all good.

I do the same

Yeah. lots of venom. They feel the report was written in such a way to paint the picture the league wanted which is probably true as obviously the league wanted this to come out the way it did ... but man they might be messing with the wrong player on this one ... if nothing else it will be entertaining ...

Oh bullcrap. The Patriots have been the face of the nfl for 15 years....Kraft and Goodell are good buddies. No way he falsely targets Krafts team.....

I swear, every post you put up gets more and more nutty.

Uhh, no. If this came out the way the NFL wanted it, the Patriots (and Brady) would have been found of no wrongdoing.

If that's the case, I would think this is the one battle the league will choose too fight. The domestic violence suspensions would pale in comparison. The one way for the league to lose money....let the Patriots off the hook, and essentially let it be known you could care less about a level playing field.

This why Brady should admit guilt and take a lesser punishment, it could then blow over and the Patriots could get back to cheating. I think it's too late for admitting guilt, though. Brady drew his line in the sand when he let his agent go around the media circuit saying the Colts and the NFL are setting up the Patriots. They're making their bed, next week they will have to "lie" in it.

Imagine Brady gets suspended for a year (he won't but play along) and Jimmy tears it up this season and gets the Patriots deep into the playoffs before they lose to someone. Brady's been gone a year and there's a dark cloud over his head so the Patriots decide to cut him. Drew Bledsoe pops open a bottle of champagne.

What comes around goes around ...

Bogus

The league has tried avoiding this for years & there is no way they want a star player or team to be made to look so bad its a black eye for the league & that combined with past Patriot issues will be dealt with harshly ,

This commisioner trashed the spygate home movies and wanted to move on now here he is again that is terrible publicity & no one wants that IMO .

The Patriots are allowing this to overshadow even spygate. At least last time they shut up, and allowed the tapes to be destroyed.

Drawing lines in the sand, is asking the league to pick between the NFL to look bad or Tom Brady and the Patriots to look bad. The league will choose the league. That's why I don't understand Tom allowing his agent to take on the whole NFL and their process.

This is gonna be harsh. The Patriots worrying about 6-8 games for Brady should be the last of their worries. It's gonna be much more harsh than that. The team will pay, too.

So misguided.  I hope you're young, and there's hope.  

The NFL hates that this is happening.  Loathes it.  If recent mishandlings hadn't happened, a 3rd party never would have been brought in, and after a short investigation, they would have said "we did not find any proof that explicitly shows Brady, or any member of the team of wrongdoing.

There is a legitimate argument for the first time in NFL history, a title getting stripped.  If there was a smoking gun, they wouldn't have a choice.  As it is, they don't have a choice but to suspend one of the star players, and tarnish the title from last year.  

The NFL is mad.

I don't really care how for how long you were with me

I was with you there for about 2 seconds .

And I've been to several Reds' games and a Cub's game.  I went because friends were going.  I had zero interest in the games themselves.  But thanks for sharing....I suppose.

Not knowing about Lance Armstrong means I live under a rock?  If he or his story is important to you then more power to you.  I, however, do not care enough to google his name.

um...Congratulations?  I remember when they were stories too.  Doesn't mean I cared in the slightest.

First, it's you're.  That computer of yours must not have a spell check.  No matter.  Second, to clarify, I said I know nothing...about Lance Armstrong.  If I gave even the slightest  crap at all then I would have taken a moment to google him.  However, I do not so no, I'm not going to waste my time looking him up.  

Congratulations again I suppose.  I first began working in IT (aka on computers) 7 years ago, and had been using them for over 10 years prior to that.  I know full well how to research the things that interest me, but sadly Lance Armstrong is not one of those topics.

I realize the world is at my fingertips, and that's why I spend my valuable time researching and reading about things that interest me.  And again, if not knowing about Lance Armstrong means I know nothing then I guess, guilty as charged.  If that's the one crucial historical factoid that I must know in order to survive in the civilized world then I guess I've failed at life.  Thanks for setting me straight.

I guess further congratulations are in order for you knowing how long it takes to use Google.  And I love to learn, but learning about Lance Armstrong isn't exactly a priority of mine.  

You've concluded that I'm not a go getter and/or lazy because I decided to not bother reading about Lance?  Good call sparky.  :thmup:

I'm not trying to do myself any favors, and I'm claiming I don't care enough to bother not being ignorant about this one particular topic.

:thmdown::blah:   Sorry miss if ignorance is bliss you must truly be blissful .

UPDATED-Patriots-Fumble-Rate-Histogram-C

Looks to me like this deflating trick started in 2007. I feel this was Belichick's doing, as we can see, deflating footballs does far more than provide a QB with a comfortable grip. 

6-8 games for Brady, and at the very least, the loss of their 2016 1st round pick. 

Jerome Bettis on NFL Live made a similar argument about a deflated ball being an asset to a RB too making it harder to punch out or dislodge the ball as well. 

6-8 games & the loss of a 1st round draft is really dropping the sledgehammer ruksak. Unless you are holding a QB to the same standard as a head coach, you can infer that Brady demanded deflated balls that McNally acted on, but you can't prove it based on the Well's report. Truthfully, when all is said & done, this will be a 2 game suspension, a 6 figure fine, & community service ergo letting the Colts win week 6 October 18th vs the Patriots. Just Kidding!  :P