Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Niners Rest Their Starters?

Captain Americolt

They have already clinched a first-round bye. Not sure which seed though. First or second...

The Packers are going number 1, they're going to kill the Bears. I'm pretty sure they clinched it too. Anyways, it's a battle between NO and SF for #2 and if the Saints win tonight they get it.

"The Niners sealed a first-round by in the playoffs with a 19-17 win over the division-rival Seahawks" - NFL.com

The Niners win the tie-break over the Saints therefore, the Niners win a first round bye if the Saints lose to the Falcons on Monday.

If the Saints win Monday, both the Saints and Niners will be going all-out next week trying to get the bye.

They'll probably rest Willis, Gore and Justin Smith to start the game. Then at halftime Alex and Vernon may come out. The Rams have a very good chance, especially since the game is in St Louis.

If the Saints win Monday, I doubt the Niners will rest anyone and risk losing to the Rams and missing-out on a first round bye.

Wow...some people really want the Rams to win. I hope they get crushed, and we smoke the Jaguars, just to see how half of this board will react. I couldn't care either way, but I will be viewing for that, should it come to pass.

I just think you don't want to see us draft Luck...

On nfl.com

"

The Niners secured a first-round bye in the playoffs with a 19-17 win over the Seahawks".

"The 49ers could head into next week's regular-season finale at St. Louis with the No. 2 seed locked up if Atlanta wins at New Orleans on Monday night. " ESPN

Doogan, I have been siding with you alot but I dont think you should be saying the " I hope we beat jax, No Luck" stuff anymore. I still agree with you, but the posters get your point, and they seem to be getting ticked off at every post you make now.

And that is supposed to concern me?

Besides, that is the first time I said I hope we beat Jacksonville, and hope St. Louis loses. Go ahead, search my post history. That's the only time I've ever said it. I also haven't said, "No Luck." I just want to see how THE PEOPLE react if we end up drafting #2. It has nothing to do with Luck, just the people who think the Colts are doomed forever and ever, even with Peyton, if we don't draft him.

On nfl.com

"

The Niners secured a first-round bye in the playoffs with a 19-17 win over the Seahawks".

Here is their playoff scenario page:

http://www.nfl.com/p...playoff-picture

If you click on the niners:

49ersNFC

CLINCHED: The 49ers clinched the NFC West. San Francisco clinches a first-round bye with a New Orleans loss.

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Rams (2-13)

COMMENT: If both the 49ers and Saints win out, San Francisco would get the No. 2 seed.

Doogan, I have been siding with you alot but I dont think you should be saying the " I hope we beat jax, No Luck" stuff anymore. I still agree with you, but the posters get your point, and they seem to be getting ticked off at every post you make now.

Its crazy to not want the first pick.

just crazy thinking.

Luck, Suck, or *... the value is in the first pick. 2nd pick is worth MUCH less.

I think he just likes to stir up trouble and hear himself speak.

"The Niners sealed a first-round by in the playoffs with a 19-17 win over the division-rival Seahawks" - NFL.com

niners are (12-3-0) , saints (11-3-0) if Saints win Mond & next week SainTs are 13 & 3

while if niners lose next week they are 12 & 4, so seems Saints would take it

Somehow the Jim Harbaugh doesn't strike me as a rest them kinda guy even if the Saints lose.

Oh the irony here after two years of Colts fans complaining about us pulling our starters alot of us are now hoping the 49ers rest theres.

Fate is never without a sense of humor.

Besides, that is the first time I said I hope we beat Jacksonville, and hope St. Louis loses. Go ahead, search my post history. That's the only time I've ever said it. I also haven't said, "No Luck." I just want to see how THE PEOPLE react if we end up drafting #2. It has nothing to do with Luck, just the people who think the Colts are doomed forever and ever, even with Peyton, if we don't draft him.

Find one post of people saying we're doomed forever if we don't draft Luck.

We won't even get into you wanting to hurt the team to see people's reaction on the internet.

I think rams win this game. Last home game of the season people fighting for jobs 49ers looked average against the Seahawks with all their starters. Rams win a close game.

Hope you are right but the Rams sure didn't look like much against Pittsburgh.

On another note, I predicted the Vikes would upset the Jeckyl & Hyde Skins though. Seen too much Redskins football to not see that one coming. lol

One #1 pick obstacle down...one more to worry about.

The only way the Rams beat the 49ers is if the 49ers rest their starters considerably after the Falcons beat the Saints on MNF. That would mean that the 49ers have clinched the bye and a #2 seed in the NFC.

I am sure a lot of us are going to be Falcons fans tonight :).

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2011 - Off Topic Personal Disagreement
Hidden by Nadine, December 27, 2011 - Off Topic Personal Disagreement

Are you ten or what? What a ridiculous post.

Added to ignore list along with Dn......

The only way the Rams beat the 49ers is if the 49ers rest their starters considerably after the Falcons beat the Saints on MNF. That would mean that the 49ers have clinched the bye and a #2 seed in the NFC.

I am sure a lot of us are going to be Falcons fans tonight :).

Looks like the Niners will be "all-out" against he Rams next Sunday...crap!!!

Are you ten or what? What a ridiculous post.

Added to ignore list along with Dn......

I added him to my ignore list WEEKS ago. After I got booted for a "discussion" with him.

In his mind, his opinion is law. No one else's opinion matters.

Kinda like the old guy who yells at all the kids in the neighborhood for having fun. Unhappy, miserable person.

Looks like the Niners will be "all-out" against he Rams next Sunday...crap!!!

Yep, they did not have Patrick Willis for the Seahawks game. If they have the bye and Patrick Willis healthy, watch out, the 49ers' D is for real. The 49ers' issue is they cannot let the scoring get out of hand because Alex Smith cannot keep up. But they are the true team that is under the radar, not the Packers or Saints.

Im sorry Doogan, you seemed like a good poster, but this really changed my mind. Very immature post. I know you don't care and it's the internet, but come on.

I love how every time people start responding to that Doogan guy he runs away with his tail between his legs and refuses to try to make a comeback. I prefer it this way, it means I don't have to read more of his anti-Luck rubbish.

Reminder, Please use personal messaging for personal discussions and disagreement.

do NOT make a site member the subject of your discussion

Do NOT bash the entire fan base

This thread is about the 49ers........not about Luck, not about the Colts draft pick