Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i don't know about you guys but I'm excited.

bestQBever

you can't double team anyone on our offense anymore. If we take a D lineman in the 2nd round or trade one of our picks for Wilkerson, it'll be a dream come true.

There are still some really good players left on the board.

Dorsett, TY, Moncrief - Yeah we are set for the future.

Love it.

Why would the Jets accept a 2nd rounder for Wilk?  And no one can double team anyone on our offense, but let's keep in mind that you can only have 5 pass catchers at any one time.

Personally I like the idea of having 10 Wrs and a QB, then the defense has to keep track of which ones are eligible. It's genius. (Yes I realize rules prohibit this). 

Why would the Jets accept a 2nd rounder for Wilk? And no one can double team anyone on our offense, but let's keep in mind that you can only have 5 pass catchers at any one time.

Well technically you can have 11

#TheGrigsonZone

Dorsett is the best WR in the draft IMO, I don't care what the experts say. Having said that, I'm curious how high Grigson had Dorsett rated on his board. He was the BPA, and it wasn't even close. If he was that much higher than Brown and Collins, he must of been top 10 or top 15.

Dorsett is the best WR in the draft IMO, I don't care what the experts say. Having said that, I'm curious how high Grigson had Dorsett rated on his board. He was the BPA, and it wasn't even close. If he was that much higher than Brown and Collins, he must of been top 10 or top 15.

The only reason he didn't go higher is because he is not over 6 foot like the others. 

He very well could be the best receiver in this draft when it's all said and done.

Chuck Pagano asked about defensive picks: “The whole run deal, we are going to get that fixed.” Eight more picks left mentioned

"The whole run deal".....yeah, you know, the biggest weakness on the team, one of the main thing our number one opponent in our conference has capitalized on in all of our matchups, the thing some teams like to do where they stop the opposing running back....that thing?  Is that still a part of the game?  I know Pagano thinks run defense is important, but phrase "the whole run deal" sounds like someone who doesn't think it matters.  I know that's wrong and it's probably just a poor choice of words, but it makes it seem like run defense is an afterthought.

"The whole run deal".....yeah, you know, the biggest weakness on the team, one of the main thing our number one opponent in our conference has capitalized on in all of our matchups, the thing some teams like to do where they stop the opposing running back....that thing?  Is that still a part of the game?  I know Pagano thinks run defense is important, but phrase "the whole run deal" sounds like someone who doesn't think it matters.  I know that's wrong and it's probably just a poor choice of words, but it makes it seem like run defense is an afterthought.

Let's also not forget the fact that our receivers couldn't get separation in man-to-man coverage and we only scored 7 points. The offense didn't do the defense any favors by going 3 and out and giving New England the ball on the 40 yard line every possession.

Let's also not forget the fact that our receivers couldn't get separation in man-to-man coverage and we only scored 7 points. The offense didn't do the defense any favors by going 3 and out and giving New England the ball on the 40 yard line every possession.

This is true.  But we've brought in more offensive players to help with that and New England lost Revis and Browner.

I don't mind the pick. Dorsett will have one or two years being mentored by Johnson and TY. When Johnson does retire or is not resigned the Colts will be set up in the receiver department. It normally takes 2 years for a rookie receiver to get accustom to the NFL. We also seen how bad our receiving corps were when Wayne was not 100%. In the big picture it will work out fine IMO.

Why would the Jets accept a 2nd rounder for Wilk? And no one can double team anyone on our offense, but let's keep in mind that you can only have 5 pass catchers at any one time.

We now have 3 young legit WR's AJ is aging Carter is a project Brown a career back up Whalen is gone.

If Rosenhaus makes it impossible to keep TY we are prepared.

If we had a run game then the receivers wouldn't have been a focal point of the defense.

Well technically you can have 11

Nope. By rule there can only be 5 eligible receivers. O line and qb are not eligible. Even on trick plays with no qb there can still only be 5

#TheGrigsonZone

You ruined my joke ):

We can just use our bigger WR as OL

I agree. That's why I posted. Seems overconfident in the talent on the team.