Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam Bradford To Titans?

krunk

eagles-35.png  Eagles | Sam Bradford to be traded?    Mon Mar 16, 03:15 PM

Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford is still the subject of trade speculation as coaches attending the West Virginia University Pro Day posited that Bradford could be traded to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for the second overall pick in the NFL Draft this year.

Footballguys view: Now why would the Eagles want to move up in the draft? It's no mystery, they're after Marcus Mariota (Oregon). Even though Chip Kelly said there was no interest in moving up for his former college quarterback, we don't believe him for a second. Kelly needs to find a quarterback who can run his system, and Mariota is that guy.

Link to story
Sam Bradford player page

LOL if Bradford could be traded for the #2 overall pick, Jeff Fisher would have done it. 

It will take a lot more than Bradford to get the 2 pick. But Bradford was better value apparently than Foles so less picks maybe for Kelly to trade up but still take a lot IMO.

LOL if Bradford could be traded for the #2 overall pick, Jeff Fisher would have done it. 

I doubt this happens myself, but let's say Fisher did that. Is Mariota a better pick up than Nick Foles for sure?

I'm just asking the question to be asking.  The Rams D line is already set so who would they pick at #2 outside

of Mariota?  Leonard Williams will be there and maybe you consider that just because he's BPA, but maybe Fisher

figures he got the better choice of a qb between the 2.

At this point when it comes to Chip Kelly's mindset, nothing would surprise me anymore. Fortune tellers to drug addicts are going "That cat is crazy man." 

I just don't see HC Ken Whisenhunt pulling the trigger on Bradshaw over Zach Mettenberger right now. Zach's young yes, but much more durable than Bradshaw is.

Oh look, Sam just fell in practice, screwed up his shoulder, & is out for the year again. Big surprise there. NOT! He gets injured more often than pee wee football players do. Sigh...

If Bradshaw was shipped out of Philly for Tennessee, I'd love to hear that conversation between Chip & Sam.

"Hey Sammy, remember how I told ya I loved as a QB & thought you could help us win? Well, it's time to turn the page."

"Yeah Coach, I'm so happy to be here. Wait. What?" 

"You went to Oklahoma son. Not Oregon. Sorry. Don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya man. See ya." 

I doubt this happens myself, but let's say Fisher did that. Is Mariota a better pick up than Nick Foles for sure?

I'm just asking the question to be asking. The Rams D line is already set so who would they pick at #2 outside

of Mariota? Leonard Williams will be there and maybe you consider that just because he's BPA, but maybe Fisher

Trade the pick for more picks

I'm just asking the question to be asking. The Rams D line is already set so who would they pick at #2 outside

of Mariota? Leonard Williams will be there and maybe you consider that just because he's BPA, but maybe Fisher

You could trade Bradford for the #2 and trade for Foles with your other first if you really want him.

I don't know the rules of trades, but if Philly could find a way to eat Bradford's salary cap number and then trade him, Bradford has more trade value.  Probably still not straight up for number 2, but it makes a package more doable.

I alway thought the Foles/Bradford trade was just a stepping-stone for Philly.  Interesting to see how it would work, if at all.

to move 20 to 2 is dang near impossible. unless TENN just takes what they can get.

IDK?   If it happens it says a lot about what most teams think of MM.

eagles-35.png  Eagles | Sam Bradford to be traded?    Mon Mar 16, 03:15 PM

Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford is still the subject of trade speculation as coaches attending the West Virginia University Pro Day posited that Bradford could be traded to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for the second overall pick in the NFL Draft this year.

Footballguys view: Now why would the Eagles want to move up in the draft? It's no mystery, they're after Marcus Mariota (Oregon). Even though Chip Kelly said there was no interest in moving up for his former college quarterback, we don't believe him for a second. Kelly needs to find a quarterback who can run his system, and Mariota is that guy.

Link to story
Sam Bradford player page

I'm not sure if I see it myself either, but you are not going to announce exactly what your strategy is either.

Yeah true that. Chip always has something under his sleeve so who knows. I feel bad for Sam though, he probably just bought or rented a place and now he's already being talked about in getting shipped again. He is probably on edge right now.

I don't know the rules of trades, but if Philly could find a way to eat Bradford's salary cap number and then trade him, Bradford has more trade value.  Probably still not straight up for number 2, but it makes a package more doable.

I alway thought the Foles/Bradford trade was just a stepping-stone for Philly.  Interesting to see how it would work, if at all.

Yep when this trade was made I honestly thought this is were they were going. I don't believe a thing Chip Kelly says. Bradford is not mobile enough for Kelly's offense, thus why the traded Foles in the first place! It makes sense for the Titans, get Bradford, little growing pains, & you still have Metzenberger!

Dear God...

You would be well-served to not take the things that coaches say as the gospel.

I don't. But I'm not going to think he would straight up lie like that when he could easily deflect or ask for another question.

I don't. But I'm not going to think he would straight up lie like that when he could easily deflect or ask for another question.

Jeff Fisher said 3 weeks ago that they were moving forward with Bradford as their QB...

Coaches say things that fit at the time they say them or they flat out don't tell the truth - either way be skeptical.

But I don't expect the guy who swore AJ would never join the enemy (Colts) to understand.

Jeff Fisher said 3 weeks ago that they were moving forward with Bradford as their QB...

Coaches say things that fit at the time they say them or they flat out don't tell the truth - either way be skeptical.

But I don't expect the guy who swore AJ would never join the enemy (Colts) to understand.

Oh, I understand. I understand just fine. I don't know what that last part had to do with anything (nothing at all), but, as usual, it gets squeezed in there nonetheless. You like making things bigger deals then they really are. Take a chill pill and buy a recliner or something.

I don't see it. Chip has already said he didn't bring Sam in to be bait.

Actually, he only sad he wouldn't mortgage the future for any player.  That he wouldn't package "20 picks" to move from #20 to another spot. But if the price was palatable, I would bet Kelly would pull the trigger.  Thing is, Titans won't make it a tempting enough deal for Chip and he will roll with Bradford and Sanchez.

Actually, he only sad he wouldn't mortgage the future for any player.  That he wouldn't package "20 picks" to move from #20 to another spot. But if the price was palatable, I would bet Kelly would pull the trigger.  Thing is, Titans won't make it a tempting enough deal for Chip and he will roll with Bradford and Sanchez.

I was going to point this out but you said it.  Chip Kelly never said he wasn't going to go after Mariota, he said he wasn't going to mortgage the future for him.

It is possible that some of these trades are Kelly's convoluted scheme to get Mariota without surrendering many picks.

All that having been said, I'm starting to doubt it though.  To me Foles would have made a more tempting trade bait then Bradford.  

In fact I would have personally thought that offering up Shady and Foles to move up would make the most sense.  Foles wouldn't be needed because you where getting Mariota and while Shady is a good piece you could always sign or draft a RB since both the FA and the draft class for RB's is really strong and deep.

Actually, he only sad he wouldn't mortgage the future for any player. That he wouldn't package "20 picks" to move from #20 to another spot. But if the price was palatable, I would bet Kelly would pull the trigger. Thing is, Titans won't make it a tempting enough deal for Chip and he will roll with Bradford and Sanchez.

No there was another quote, the " I'm the only chip here" quote. Of course Bradford isn't guaranteed to be staying but he was one of the reasons Murray signed so it'd be in Kellys best interest to keep him.

I was going to point this out but you said it.  Chip Kelly never said he wasn't going to go after Mariota, he said he wasn't going to mortgage the future for him.

It is possible that some of these trades are Kelly's convoluted scheme to get Mariota without surrendering many picks.

All that having been said, I'm starting to doubt it though.  To me Foles would have made a more tempting trade bait then Bradford.  

In fact I would have personally thought that offering up Shady and Foles to move up would make the most sense.  Foles wouldn't be needed because you where getting Mariota and while Shady is a good piece you could always sign or draft a RB since both the FA and the draft class for RB's is really strong and deep.

Indeed...a package of Foles and Mccoy and a pick would easily be more appealing than Bradford and picks if I'm Tennessee. They have a ton of needs and a whole backfield plus first rd pick would easily be more appealing...especially a cheap young qb locked up for a couple more years. Now...maybe Tennessee sees Foles as I do and would rather have Bradford but then why not make it a 3 team trade and be done with it. I don't believe this story and honestly think Tennessee is trying to raise trade value of their pick if someone wants to float an offer their way. Honestly Philly can probably land Mariota at the 4 or 5 spot and give up much less than going all the way up to 2 where I doubt Tennessee wants the kid.

Philly is better off rolling with Bradford...I think he is a great fit in that offense and has shown flashes of brillance....he is on the last year of his deal anyways...if it don't work out your not out much...Foles was a throw away player for them anyways.

Indeed...a package of Foles and Mccoy and a pick would easily be more appealing than Bradford and picks if I'm Tennessee. They have a ton of needs and a whole backfield plus first rd pick would easily be more appealing...especially a cheap young qb locked up for a couple more years. Now...maybe Tennessee sees Foles as I do and would rather have Bradford but then why not make it a 3 team trade and be done with it. I don't believe this story and honestly think Tennessee is trying to raise trade value of their pick if someone wants to float an offer their way. Honestly Philly can probably land Mariota at the 4 or 5 spot and give up much less than going all the way up to 2 where I doubt Tennessee wants the kid.

Philly is better off rolling with Bradford...I think he is a great fit in that offense and has shown flashes of brillance....he is on the last year of his deal anyways...if it don't work out your not out much...Foles was a throw away player for them anyways.

Don't know how good Bradford really is. . . I only became an NFL fan about 3 years ago and honestly he hasn't played much in the time I've been an NFL fan.  

But with his injury problems I'd personally rather have Foles.

The old saying goes, availability is the best ability in the NFL.

Don't know how good Bradford really is. . . I only became an NFL fan about 3 years ago and honestly he hasn't played much in the time I've been an NFL fan.  

But with his injury problems I'd personally rather have Foles.

The old saying goes, availability is the best ability in the NFL.

Obviously there some risk involved with any deal...Philly is willing to risk a 1 yr contract on a guy that has the upside that is MUCH higher than Foles. Bradford was ROY and played well that 1st year. Two years ago he before he went down he had started the season and was off to a good start the first 6 games....really good completion percentage low turnovers even on a bad team with no weapons. I agree with you...but if you got a guy like Foles who you aren't high on and don't think is the answer at qb...its worth it to take a shot for a player that has franchise capability. Qb is one of those positions...you either are set...or your not..and the Eagles weren't....at best they could only be a 500 team with Foles in Chips mind (and thats the only one that matters). I tend to agree if Bradford is healthy..he is a big upgrade...if not ...well he goes with Sanchez just like last year.

Bustford

Hardly, other than his injuries he's been extremely solid. He's overpaid but that's not his fault, that was because of the old CBA. He's always had rather poor blocking and his best weapon in five years was Jared Cook. His receiving corps consisted of rejects from the Titans which is saying something because the Titans need all the help they can get.

Hardly, other than his injuries he's been extremely solid. He's overpaid but that's not his fault, that was because of the old CBA. He's always had rather poor blocking and his best weapon in five years was Jared Cook. His receiving corps consisted of rejects from the Titans which is saying something because the Titans need all the help they can get.

Extremely solid? I don't know. I like Bradford myself but he's been quite average when he's not all banged up and injured. It's the Rams running game that almost made them go 8-8 in 2010. (The only season Bradford started every game) 

Extremely solid? I don't know. I like Bradford myself but he's been quite average when he's not all banged up and injured. It's the Rams running game that almost made them go 8-8 in 2010. (The only season Bradford started every game) 

I would say he's been solid when his supporting cast is taken into account. The Rams can't seem to figure out how to get a decent receiver onto that roster and his protection has been far from spectacular. I think if he stays healthy and in Philly then he will put up big stats this year.