Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Solid moves by Colts but....

bluephantom87

Maybe, if you didn't want to retain Luck, Costanzo, TY, Allen, Fleener, Freeman next year.

I like the way people act like the colts have a seahawks quality roster. You really think guys like fleener, Allen and freeman are going to break the bank?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way people act like the colts have a seahawks quality roster. You really think guys like fleener, Allen and freeman are going to break the bank?[/quote

Yes, both will get a very size able contract. Freeman will get a big contract from someone. May not be us be he'll get one

Fleener is good for us, but lots of people don't think he's good at all.

He's solid, but people are always acting like we have all theses massive contacts coming up. Luck, TY, Castonzo are the only major ones.

I like the way people act like the colts have a seahawks quality roster. You really think guys like fleener, Allen and freeman are going to break the bank?[/quote

Yes, both will get a very size able contract. Freeman will get a big contract from someone. May not be us be he'll get one

I think we have different definitions of big and sizable

Lol ok. Thomas just got a contract worth 8.5 per season and he was a product of Peyton manning being the qb. Both Allen and Fleener will be in demand

Lol....everyone is product of peyton manning or so they say around here. Thomas is a much better pass catching TE than Fleener. I expect allen to be back if he stays healthy....dunno about fleener. And the money paid out is only relative to the cap number which is expected to keep going up.

We can let one of the TE's go, and still be able to resign Luck and TY.  May have to let Costanzo and Freeman also, but I wouldn't be complaining...

Costanzo isn't going anywhere. I like Jack Doyle as our 3rd TE. But I think Fleener and Allen are one of the better TE duo's in football. I expect the Colts to keep both of them. I think Freeman may be the guy that isn't retained.

We can let one of the TE's go, and still be able to resign Luck and TY.  May have to let Costanzo and Freeman also, but I wouldn't be complaining...

Whatever you think the salary cap number is, it's much larger lol

They've shown they are all in on winning now after the T-Rich trade. Need Knighton or Wilfork up front with Jones. Cole, Werner, and an old, back from injury Mathis isn't going to do anything. Also need to ink Mike Adams, who is 34, since we have nobody at safety.

Is it possible for you quit beating a dead horse with the TRich comments? :deadhorse:

Is it possible for you quit beating a dead horse with the TRich comments? :deadhorse:

Where have I been talking about T-Rich? I have the same feeling about him as everyone here, simply wondering when he's going to get cut. Not out there destroying him like Modern.

I wouldn't count on Knighton, all signs point to Oakland for him. Currently the big Dline hits have been Nick Fairley and Greg Hardy. One of those two will more than likely be a Colt. Also with the news of the Re-U-nion, there's also the darkhorse of Wilfork being the guy in the middle. A lot of questions will be answered over the next 48 hours or so, but I would expect one of Fairley, Hardy, or Wilfork before Pot Roast.

any news?  is there a web-site I can go to and get an update in real-time, like when something breaks, it's immediate?

They've shown they are all in on winning now after the T-Rich trade. Need Knighton or Wilfork up front with Jones. Cole, Werner, and an old, back from injury Mathis isn't going to do anything. Also need to ink Mike Adams, who is 34, since we have nobody at safety.

I saw Mathis this weekend. He was still in a walking boot.

How would those 3 be good signings? 49ers oline wad better than ours which ain't saying much,and gore sucked,old. Johnson is old n washed up or houston wouldn't a threw him in the trash,cole old and average at best. They clearly are planning on luck and hilton being worth 35mil or so combined, with that said we really don't have 43+ mil in cap room,realistically.

well that's simply not true...but considering the source...

How would those 3 be good signings? 49ers oline wad better than ours which ain't saying much,and gore sucked,old. Johnson is old n washed up or houston wouldn't a threw him in the trash,cole old and average at best. They clearly are planning on luck and hilton being worth 35mil or so combined, with that said we really don't have 43+ mil in cap room,realistically.

you watch way more Nascar then NFL don't you?

Would you guys be satisfied if we go defense with the draft, with a back somewhere in the first 3 picks.

It really all depends on how the rest of F.A. shakes up. If we can nab a big NT/DT, strengthen the O-Line and deal with our S issue I would be alright if they took the best available guys in the draft. We really couldn't have had a much worst backfield than last year and we made it a game away from the SB, so I really don't see it as a huge need, especially now with Gore too. I don't know if Barry Sanders could have run behind our O-line last year...need to fix the front first.

How would those 3 be good signings? 49ers oline wad better than ours which ain't saying much,and gore sucked,old.

over 1,100 yards with a 4.3 ypc average = "sucked"?   :scratch:

Johnson is old n washed up or houston wouldn't a threw him in the trash

1. 85 catches for 900+ yards with who at QB = "old n washed up"?  :dunno:

2. Houston didn't throw him in the trash.  They cut him AFTER he told them he would not play for them next year, hence him asking to be cut or traded. 

3. He's not even signed to the Colts yet

,cole old and average at best.

Cole is not average at best.  He's been one of the league's better pass rushers averaging over 8.5 sacks per season throughout his career.  Also, he's only 32.  Yeah he's not a spring chicken but, just as a comparison, Mathis had 19.5 sacks in 2013 when he would have been roughly the same age as Cole is now.  Terrell Suggs is the same age as Cole...should Baltimore get rid of him because he's old and washed up?  How about Denver with Demarcus Ware?  He's also the same age. 

Cole is not average at best.  He's been one of the league's better pass rushers averaging over 8.5 sacks per season throughout his career.  Also, he's only 32.  Yeah he's not a spring chicken but, just as a comparison, Mathis had 19.5 sacks in 2013 when he would have been roughly the same age as Cole is now.  Terrell Suggs is the same age as Cole...should Baltimore get rid of him because he's old and washed up?  How about Denver with Demarcus Ware?  He's also the same age. 

huge difference with the mathis comparison. mathis's sacks have been consistent, with the huge year coincidentally coming before he got caught with ped's and when he would be looking for a final contract. but that's another issue. cole's sack stats have dropped off greatly the past three years. older player on the downturn = trouble.