Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dustin

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson heading to Indy (Report)

21 and 80 are taken though. wonder what they would wear

Johnson has long been one of my favorite non colts players to watch.  Just the consummate professional on the field, plays hard every play and almost impossible to defend at times.  If it wasn't for his ill timed fumble the Texans may have won that first game against the Colts.  If he comes to Indy, he better not do that again.

I will say also, Vontae Davis struggled against one receiver last year and that receiver was Johnson.

Gore... I like Gore but if the Colts keep running the ball 4 times a half it won't matter who is carrying the ball.

That is exactly why I did not see the fit with Gore go back and look at his YPC in games he got less than 13 touches under 3.0 maybe we are going to be more balanced.

Either way hard to complain about this if the money is right.

This is about like asking which bikini Kate Upton would wear on a private, romantic getaway. haha

It's going to be a long day filled with anticipation!

:Wooo:

3 and 85. Though Ryan Lankford is #85.

a wild kill-joy appears!

Andre Johnson may very well end up in Indy but I've been assured by 3 close to him that he's still working out in Miami this morning.

— John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL)

March 10, 2015

Andre Johnson may very well end up in Indy but I've been assured by 3 close to him that he's still working out in Miami this morning.

a wild breer appears!

Per source, both ex-Texan Andre Johnson and ex-49er Frank Gore are traveling to Indianapolis today to meet with the Colts.

Apparently Dre is actually working out in Miami this morning. Not on way to Indy.

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago

Per source, both ex-Texan Andre Johnson and ex-49er Frank Gore are traveling to Indianapolis today to meet with the Colts.

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL 6m6 minutes ago

0 replies 26 retweets 7 favorites

I was wondering the same thing

AJ had number 5 at the U not sure if that is a go in the NFL Looks like Frank wore 32 and 3.

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson together with the pieces already in place.... Man oh man. Training camp will be DUMB packed this year.

I'm telling you right now, whatever the season yardage record is for an offense, you can put the 2015 Indianapolis Colts at #1.

Conflicting reports....

From Albert Breer of NFL Network:

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle:

FA doesn't start until 4 and it is 12

Andre was cut. The FA starting period doesn't apply to him. He can visit anyone at anytime.

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson together with the pieces already in place.... Man oh man. Training camp will be DUMB packed this year.

I'm telling you right now, whatever the season yardage record is for an offense, you can put the 2015 Indianapolis Colts at #1.

We need to be able to stop the run too

McCain doesn't know what he is talking about. Johnson well could have been working out in Miami this morning which means him "being on the jet to Indy" would make sense.

We need to be able to stop the run too

Colts will nab up Wilfork.

McCain doesn't know what he is talking about. Johnson well could have been working out in Miami this morning which means him "being on the jet to Indy" would make sense.

My exact thoughts

I said in other threads, we don't need them to be who they were, just need them to be who we need them to be. Stay healthy as they have been (combined 1 missed game since 2011). Gore gets 4 YPC and doesn't fumble so as to help balance the offense, AJ gets his 80+ catches on 3-4 yard patriot-like routes while TY and Moncrief blow the top off the Defense.

Gore 4 YPC is good enough but Trent's 3.6 YPC is horrible?  Plus the OL will be better, so I would be unhappy with settling with 4 YPC.   Plus AJ will more than likely take a backseat role as a #3-4 WR.  I think we will have too many WR's to know what to do with once again and people will be unhappy.  I just don't see AJ getting more than 50-55 catches.

@sportspickle: Trent Richardson races to phone to call Colts to tell them not to sign Gore. Phone is 4 yards away. He finally reaches phone tomorrow.

@sportspickle: Trent Richardson races to phone to call Colts to tell them not to sign Gore. Phone is 4 yards away. He finally reaches phone tomorrow.

He saw a sandwich on the way didn't he?

Let's try this again: Frank Gore plans to sign with Indy, per source; deal expected to be similar to Philly offer: 3-years, $12M, $7.5M gtd.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

March 10, 2015

3 years/12 million/7.5 mil guaranteed is a decent contract for Gore. That's what Schefter reported.