Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

winston "I plan on winning the super bowl next year"

CR91

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously he knows he's already going to Tampa.  He mentions two quarterbacks that are in the AFC.

Yes they are the NFL standard, but he has no way of playing against either of them unless he's drafted by an NFC team. Clearly he knows Tampa is his destination.

Stupid. Confidence doesn't come from being boisterous.  He's not even in the NFL yet. He's not even a rookie yet.

But hey its a free country- have at it.

Yeah. I prefer a young guy to say how eager is to join the league and learn the playbook, the speed of the game, work hard, etc. To just come out and say I am going to win the Super Bowl seems ridiculous.

Yeah. I prefer a young guy to say how eager is to join the league and learn the playbook, the speed of the game, work hard, etc. To just come out and say I am going to win the Super Bowl seems ridiculous.

Agree completely.  Confidence is a great thing but have the self awareness to be confident about what's in front of you (the adjustments and learning curve you face as a rookie).  Talking about next years super bowl comes off as more delusional than confident.

Did Mr. Winston get advice from Geno Smith who said he was gonna take the Jets to the Playoffs right after he was drafted by the Big Apple? LOL! Jameis you're being a fool man. 

There's no way Tampa's going to the SB this season or next season. That's not enthusiasm sir. That's open mouth & insert foot.

Just chill, finish the Combine, get drafted, learn your new playbook, & try to lay low okay with no more off the field issues. Crawl before you run son. 1 step at a time. 

Johnny Manziel said he "wanted to wreck this league" too & it turns out that he was a wreck for Cleveland & himself as well.

The best QBs just go to work & exaggerate nothing Winston. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers, & Luck...Remember that please. Thank you. 

1 final piece of advice Winston: If HOF QB Warren Moon offers you any advice, just shut the hades up, listen closely, & follow his words of wisdom to the letter.

Manning said it himself if Polian did not draft him he was going to kik Polians butt.....you WANT that attitude....you want that onfidene...you just want your players to ontrol that...especially if he is your franhise player......How soon so many forget....Also save me the whole omparing Winston to Peyton how dare I speeh......ya'll for the most part should be able to decipher the ontext of this post

Manning said it himself if Polian did not draft him he was going to kik Polians butt.....you WANT that attitude....you want that onfidene...you just want your players to ontrol that...especially if he is your franhise player......How soon so many forget....Also save me the whole omparing Winston to Peyton how dare I speeh......ya'll for the most part should be able to decipher the ontext of this post

any particular reason youre not using C

"It's gonna be Jameis vs Peyton Manning or Jameis vs Tom Brady"

Nice to see he has already gone 3rd person

Yeah, you're right even though SW1 enjoys talking in 3rd person sometimes just for laughs, BOTT is 100% accurate when he infers that engaging in 3rd person as a rookie QB is a dangerous tightrope to walk across especially when you fall off or hit that inevitable wall. Every rookie hits it too kid: Manning, Big Ben etc. etc. 

Gavin, 

Peyton said that "If you don't take me" line, 'I'm gonna kick your butt for the next 10-15 years" behind closed doors during private, 1 on 1 interview sessions with Jim Irsay & Bill Polian. Not behind a live mic at the beginning of the Combine...A huge difference my friend. 

There are times to display confidence & times to hold back & give generic, politically correct, non-controversial answers. Jameis Winston hasn't learned the difference yet apparently. 

it's neither ballsy nor stupid. What's wrong with a player saying he plans on winning a Superbowl? isn't that everyone's goal... what's wrong with him saying it?

Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that he hasn't played a down of regular season football yet where the LBs & defensive ends are much faster at closing the gap than he's used to at the next level. 

I can't wait to see Elvis Dumervil or Terrell Suggs sack him & give Mr. Winston a dose of humility.  haha

Use that line by Arnold Schwarzenegger in "The Running Man" movie, "Hey there cutie pie, one of us is in deep trouble" everytime you sack him too. 

Gavin, 

Peyton said that "If you don't take me" line, 'I'm gonna kick your butt for the next 10-15 years" behind closed doors during private, 1 on 1 interview sessions with Jim Irsay & Bill Polian. Not behind a live mic at the beginning of the Combine...A huge difference my friend. 

There are times to display confidence & times to hold back & give generic, politically correct, non-controversial answers. Jameis Winston hasn't learned the difference yet apparently. 

A differene sure but still very bold to tell a GM that , Peyton still told a GM who had not even drafted him yet "if you don't take me"

A differene sure but still very bold to tell a GM that , Peyton still told a GM who had not even drafted him yet "if you don't take me"

Very true Gavin. It took guts to say that & made Bill raise of eyebrow of intrigue no doubt. 

I get your point about needing to have bold confidence to lead a franchise which is right on the money, but my only point was the timing of it. Save your QB enthusiasm for your interviews to say brash stuff not wide out in the open for mass media consumption. 

I read ya though Gavin. Just save the over the top stuff for coaches & GMs in isolated rooms of the hotel where the interviews are conducted that's all I'm saying. 

Every interview I have ever been involved in, asked the following question: Why should I hire you or tell me a little bit about yourself? That's where you slide your confidence & commitment to winning into the conversation in some form or fashion as an NFL athlete IMO. 

"It's gonna be Jameis vs Peyton Manning or Jameis vs Tom Brady"

Nice to see he has already gone 3rd person

He did that as a response to a "Jameis vs Mariota" at the combine question. He wasn't being a dick about it, he was just stating a fact. Every week, he's going to be compared directly against the opposing teams QB especially if they're "elite". Assuming he goes #1, every week it will be a marquee match up between Winston and fill in the blank.

He did that as a response to a "Jameis vs Mariota" at the combine question. He wasn't being a dick about it, he was just stating a fact. Every week, he's going to be compared directly against the opposing teams QB especially if they're "elite". Assuming he goes #1, every week it will be a marquee match up between Winston and fill in the blank.

Winston vs Luck should be a media circus then

Yeah, you're right even though SW1 enjoys talking in 3rd person sometimes just for laughs, BOTT is 100% accurate when he infers that engaging in 3rd person as a rookie QB is a dangerous tightrope to walk across especially when you fall off or hit that inevitable wall. Every rookie hits it too kid: Manning, Big Ben etc. etc.

I miss people asking you why you use 3rd person. Always made me laugh

There have been a few second year qb's to win a super bowl, but never a first year qb. Winston and Tampa Bay break that cycle? Highly doubtful. But hey, Smith made it to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman, so maybe he just might win it all.

There are better odds for me marrying Kate Upton than for Winston ever winning a Super Bowl.

That's not entirely true. Jamies will have an opportunity to suit up for an NFL team, two of which compete for the SuperBowl every year.

I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I'm pretty sure you haven't done anything in life that would grant you the opportunity to even take a selfie with Upton, let alone marry the girl.