Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Multiple Players

B-B

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest loss of 3 is NIXON.This tells me COLTS are trying to retain CHERILUS or a early pick in draft will go ol,maybe CORY ROBINSON,DARRYL WILLIAMS OR JOSUE MATIAS which would allow MEWHORT to move to tackle

Cutting Nixon shouldn't tell you anything other than he's not good enough to be missing flights

I think Francois has the tools to be a dominant D Lineman for us actually but his timing off the snap is slow and he spends to much time hand fighting I think but the acceleration and motor is there, He is a solid rotation D Lineman who had a productive year last year, I'd actually like to see Quarles get in on the mix but I don't think that's going to happen

Those three groups exist with pretty much every signing. But I remember there being a lot of "go get Landry" stuff leading up to free agency, and a lot of celebrating when it happened. 

This is the problem with free agency. Most moves don't work the way you'd hope, and then fans point fingers in hindsight about how terrible those moves were. Yet, the cycle continues every offseason, with people asking for brand name free agents, when history proves that the odds aren't favorable. 

For sure they all aren't going to work out. Look at the results of that huge splash Miami made a couple of years ago. Pretty much took it in the caboose with every signing. Lets not forget that these are the guys that their teams didn't resign to a new contract. 

Those three groups exist with pretty much every signing. But I remember there being a lot of "go get Landry" stuff leading up to free agency, and a lot of celebrating when it happened. 

This is the problem with free agency. Most moves don't work the way you'd hope, and then fans point fingers in hindsight about how terrible those moves were. Yet, the cycle continues every offseason, with people asking for brand name free agents, when history proves that the odds aren't favorable. 

I think the first sign we had a problem is when he skipped voluntaries to stay on his own doing bicep curls.

Landry under performed for sure I liked the signing when it happened but he didn't play up to the contract! Surprised as to the cut only that we are thin at safety! I like MacDonald I hope he gets a first crack at the job. Wouldn't mind if the signed Adams back he played very well! Calling it now though saw Nate Allan was a free agent from Philly, Grigson LOVES the Philly guys IMO look for him to be signed sooner more then later, & we probably draft a safety too! Nixon ahhhh whatever, Jackson I liked, IIB will be a big need in the draft IMO!

He was always a 2 down backer though. He will land on some teams offseason roster but I can't see much else for the kid.

I'll go on record as saying that I really liked him from what little I saw. Yeah .. 2 down LB but those kind of guys can have value.

Trent Richardson  prejune 1 ,  ,  $0     after june 1 , $3,184,062  

dead cap  , save 3m before june .

Shaun Phillips

Pre June $0 dead cap ,  after june 1  $2,650,000

Gosder Cherilus

after june  1  

($1,800,000)     save 6,213,000 

Greg Toler

cut  PreJune  1   $333,334 .   saving $5,500,000

I'm not sure what you're doing here, but you're doing it wrong. The only one of those players with any June implications is Cherilus, and the number you have there isn't correct.

Shaun Phillips

Pre June $0 dead cap , after june 1

$2,650,000

Gosder Cherilus

after june 1

($1,800,000) save 6,213,000

Greg Toler

cut PreJune 1

$333,334 . saving

$5,500,000

Why would you want to cut toler? He played well this season, yea he struggled at times but with our 0 coverage almost the whole game it's tough. I'd see how he does with a good pass rush, maybe with Mathis back and a new front we can help him out. Add to that a top three corner in Davis, hopefully we can be excited about something after this off seasin

Mixed feelings on this one, love seeing Landry go but I don't think it was fair to release Andrew Jackson. He didn't do much his rookie year, but he could of been useful. Seemed like he took responsibility for his actions. Nixon I'm fine with. Looks like we are drafting a safety in this year's draft or getting McCourty, so I couldn't be happier about Landry getting cut.

2 DUI's in a year and you don't think it was fair? To who? I for one am tired of all the off the field news this team has been getting later Jackson.

Nixon missed the flight to the AFC championship game ridiculous and we all know Landry was just bad.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/02/11/colts-release-laron-landry-andrew-jackson-xavier-nixon/23233827/

I'm not sure what you're doing here, but you're doing it wrong. The only one of those players with any June implications is Cherilus, and the number you have there isn't correct.

Why would you want to cut toler? He played well this season, yea he struggled at times but with our 0 coverage almost the whole game it's tough. I'd see how he does with a good pass rush, maybe with Mathis back and a new front we can help him out. Add to that a top three corner in Davis, hopefully we can be excited about something after this off seasin

Trying to decipher Mintor's posts is an exercise in futility.