Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Multiple Players

B-B

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll miss watching Landry be destroyed in coverage and his awful "attempts" at tackling

Sometimes I wondered if his arms were to big to even wrap anyone up...like he couldn't bring them together lol....no honestly I'm sad because I know we saw him as an enforcer type on the back end but he never materialized.

Not to be disagreable but I'm going to disagree lol. I agree about your premise of hitting over the middle etc but having a safety that can come down and play big in the run game is a huge plus. Guys like Chancellor and Ward that can in essence play as a smaller lb are still very important. That said a cover safety is a huge importance. IMO Landry's lack of tackling and suspension etc has made him expendable. Much easier to find a safety that can tackle and support in the run game than a cover safety. I don't love our safeties but I thought Adams and the others played suprisingly well considering we thought it was going to be our big weakness this year. I didn't like the Landry signing to begin with and I wish he would have played up to the potential Grigson saw in him but I'm not shocked he is gone.

All steroid nothing more.

Thank you. I'm assuming the other two's contracts were pretty much minimal impact. So we have an additional 2.5 million...but we still need a safety....got it. I'm hoping we bring in a young safety in the draft. We have a pretty good secondary and I think money could be used in a couple other areas.

Thank you. I'm assuming the other two's contracts were pretty much minimal impact. So we have an additional 2.5 million...but we still need a safety....got it. I'm hoping we bring in a young safety in the draft. We have a pretty good secondary and I think money could be used in a couple other areas.

Dewey Mcdonald and Sergio Brown may play into the long term safety spot next year. Or we get someone in the draft, later rounds.

Saw that Colts save $510,000 for releasing Jackson, Nixon was an ERFA

Dewey Mcdonald and Sergio Brown may play into the long term safety spot next year. Or we get someone in the draft, later rounds.

I like Sergio as a Special Teamer, but I can't see him as our guy at Safety next year. Now Dewey may bring something to the table. We just don't know what he offers just yet.

There's still an unanswered question about whether the team will use a post-June 1 designation on him. If so, we save $4m this year, and $6m next year. If not, we save $2.25m this year, and $7.75m next year. 

Andrew Jackson didn't have any unamortized bonus, and didn't have any unpaid guarantees. Saves $510K in 2015.

I'm a little confused about Xavier Nixon. I was under the impression that he was an exclusive rights free agent, no longer under contract. I guess when it says he was waived, it means his ERFA rights were waived. No impact to the cap either way.

Step 1 of his master plan was to cut a terrible safety he gave over $10M.

Step 2 is to cut the awful RB he gave up a 1st for.

It is just shocking to me -- SHOCKING! -- that Grigson doesn't consult with you!

He's just letting your special brand of genius just rot on the draft page of this website....     a terrible waste....

I guess they didn't wanna give Jackson another shot wish they would cut DQ

I agree here, I wanted to see what the former president was made of. It won't be a killer move by any means, but he was young and we only had 5 draft picks last year. I don't truly believe he was a troublemaker unless I'm missing something. He owned up to his crime. Maybe we'll re-sign him on the practice squad down the road (hopefully).

Can almost guarantee we sign McCourty should he reach Free Agency. We saved some money, we need a safety, McCourty is perfect and will fill a gaping hole in the secondary. This is a team that is close, McCourty may agree to come.

I can almost guarantee that McCourty doesn't reach FA