Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Caldwell To Be Fired If Colts Go 0-16

MoM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caldwell should be sent packing regardless but if 0-16 is what has to happen then so be it. We need him out of here. I'lll endure 0-16 if it means with a certainty that Caldwell is gone.

I don't expect the Polians will be going anywhere though. I think Irsay will give them a chance to turn this around with the high draft picks that they have manage to swindle through their calculated questionable manipulations. The Polians must feel good about the ruse they were able to pull over the league. Making an 0-16 season seem like a feasible, acceptable, believable outcome for a team with this much play-off experienced veteran talent even minus Manning. I've seen worst Colts teams talent-wise go 3-13, 2-14, or even 1-15. We will be picking 1st in April...mission accomplished Polians.

The only part of this post I disagree with is that great teams rely on there QB's alot. The problem I have is, a great team, isn't 1 player. Being able to execute in every aspect of the game, makes you a great team.

True..Green Bay, 16-0 or not, isnt a great team

They have a great player leading their offense..

The only part of this post I disagree with is that great teams rely on there QB's alot. The problem I have is, a great team, isn't 1 player. Being able to execute in every aspect of the game, makes you a great team.

But you don't have to be a great team to win the SB...

Of course, but with that same token I have Peyton, why not try to build the rest of my team?

You do within the limitation of a salary cap. When you have say 4-5 players on a roster eating up the amount of Cap space like the Colts have, it is very tough to build and overall well balanced team.

All these coaches getting fired but not Caldwell!!!!!!!!!!! Why??? This is absurd!!! Do Something!!! Before it's too late.... We need a lot of changes for next year starting with the Head Coach!!! FIRE HIM NOW SO WE CAN PREP FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN HAVE A SUPERBOWL TEAM IF THINGS GET FIXED NOW!!!

0-13 WHAT A WASTE!!! HOW CAN WE BE THIS BAD WITH ALL THE TALENT WE HAVE!! THIS IS CLEARLY CALDWELL'S FAULT AFTER THE SUPERBOWL LOST AND LAST YEARS PLAYOFF LOSS AGAINST THE JETS DUE TO TIME MANAGEMENT!!! THIS GUY IS NO GOOD FOR THE TEAM!!!

OH I JUST WANT TO SAY I'M TIRED OF HEARING EVERYONE SAYING MANNING WILL GO TO ANOTHER TEAM!! THESE RUMORS NEED TO STOP!!! MANNING LOVES INDIANAPOLIS AND WILL NEVER LEAVE!!! HE HAS BEEN TREATED GREAT BY THE WHOLE COLTS STAFF AND THE FANS SO HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT BECAUSE HE MEANS SO MUCH TO THIS ORGANIZATION!!! IF ANYTHING HE WILL RETIRE NEXT YEAR AS A COLT NOT LIKE BRETT FAVRE DID!!! STOP THE LIES!!! THE SPECULATION!!! THE RUMORS!!!

THE NEXT AND ONLY STORY I WANT TO HEAR IS...... CALDWELL FIRED!!!!!

Caldwell should be sent packing regardless but if 0-16 is what has to happen then so be it. We need him out of here. I'lll endure 0-16 if it means with a certainty that Caldwell is gone.

I don't expect the Polians will be going anywhere though. I think Irsay will give them a chance to turn this around with the high draft picks that they have manage to swindle through their calculated questionable manipulations. The Polians must feel good about the ruse they were able to pull over the league. Making an 0-16 season seem like a feasible, acceptable, believable outcome for a team with this much play-off experienced veteran talent even minus Manning. I've seen worst Colts teams talent-wise go 3-13, 2-14, or even 1-15. We will be picking 1st in April...mission accomplished Polians.

Lets say their was a "plan" in place to do that, what a great plan. You sacrifice 1 season for another decade long run. I would take that any day and twice on Sunday.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - duplicate rant
Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - duplicate rant

Surely 1-15 won't be considered alright.

http://profootballta...lts-go-winless/

All these coaches getting fired but not Caldwell!!!!!!!!!!! Why??? This is absurd!!! Do Something!!! Before it's too late.... We need a lot of changes for next year starting with the Head Coach!!! FIRE HIM NOW SO WE CAN PREP FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN HAVE A SUPERBOWL TEAM IF THINGS GET FIXED NOW!!!

0-13 WHAT A WASTE!!! HOW CAN WE BE THIS BAD WITH ALL THE TALENT WE HAVE!! THIS IS CLEARLY CALDWELL'S FAULT AFTER THE SUPERBOWL LOST AND LAST YEARS PLAYOFF LOSS AGAINST THE JETS DUE TO TIME MANAGEMENT!!! THIS GUY IS NO GOOD FOR THE TEAM!!!

OH I JUST WANT TO SAY I'M TIRED OF HEARING EVERYONE SAYING MANNING WILL GO TO ANOTHER TEAM!! THESE RUMORS NEED TO STOP!!! MANNING LOVES INDIANAPOLIS AND WILL NEVER LEAVE!!! HE HAS BEEN TREATED GREAT BY THE WHOLE COLTS STAFF AND THE FANS SO HE WOULD NEVER DO THAT BECAUSE HE MEANS SO MUCH TO THIS ORGANIZATION!!! IF ANYTHING HE WILL RETIRE NEXT YEAR AS A COLT NOT LIKE BRETT FAVRE DID!!! STOP THE LIES!!! THE SPECULATION!!! THE RUMORS!!!

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - triplicate rant
Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - triplicate rant

Of course, but with that same token I have Peyton, why not try to build the rest of my team?

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - duplicate post
Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - duplicate post

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - duplicate post
Hidden by shecolt, December 16, 2011 - duplicate post

You do within the limitation of a salary cap. When you have say 4-5 players on a roster eating up the amount of Cap space like the Colts have, it is very tough to build and overall well balanced team.

Then don't sign them to such big contracts. If by having a Dwight Freeney for example on the team prevents you from having a decent defense, then why let 1 player hurt the overall performance of your team. Not specifically Dwight Freeney, but if you can't have a competitive team because of a guy, then why have that guy?

A good organziation knows when it's time to cut ties with a player who has peaked and is on teh down side no matter how popular said player is..

Ok, but why quote me? What you quoted that I said has literally nothing to do with this "post" you made over and over.

Then don't sign them to such big contracts. If by having a Dwight Freeney for example on the team prevents you from having a decent defense, then why let 1 player hurt the overall performance of your team. Not specifically Dwight Freeney, but if you can't have a competitive team because of a guy, then why have that guy?

I don't disagree, I wouldn't have resigne him or Dallas or possibly even Peyton, you might have spent the money better, but what would the fans have said?

I agree this team has way more talent than 0-16 and have been saying that in other threads. That means a) the FO and coaching staff are intentionally tanking as you suggest; b) the coaching staff is that bad; or c) the FO knows how bad the coaching staff is and is leaving them in place so that we continue to lose (i.e., intentionally tanking and making Caldwell the unassuming scapegoat).

WE'RE TANKING THE SEASON FOR LUCK.

The only reason Caldwell is still here is because of this on fact.

Polians are safe because they sold this to Irsay.

Question is, are the Polians smart enough to fire Caldwell before this becomes to obvious? I'd say as soon as we clinch the pick he is gone.

Question is, are the Polians smart enough to fire Caldwell before this becomes to obvious? I'd say as soon as we clinch the pick he is gone.

I actually think it would be smarter to wait until the end of the season. If they fire him as soon as we clinch the pick, that looks even more suspicious imo. BTW, I'm not 100% convinced we are tanking but the longer I listen to Polian's rubbish and watch our garbage schematic attempts to be competitive on the field, I move closer to believing we are tanking.

No we aren't, if we were the players wouldn't be playing hard and the coaching staff would be doing things like benching guys like Freeney and not doing things like trying an onside kick at the end of the New England game.

As much as people don't want to hear this, this team is simply not good enough to win these games. That is in large part due to the fact we don't have enough talent at the QB poistion.

Also if you believe they are tanking the seaosn then you know no matter the record they wont fire Caldwell because Caldwell would have done exactly what they told him to do.

Okay lets say Caldwell is gone, many here feel that if the Polians are the one's who make the decision on whom the replacment would be, that it will be another coach in the mode of a Caldwell style of coach, so exactly what would be gained?

Ding Ding, we have a winner. Others have said Irsay may hire the coach, which if he did hire Dungy he would be better at it than Polian. But considering Polian will be his boss the other question is, would good coaching candidates even want to work here?

This whole idea of tanking is so funny. Have you watched this team play? They are going out and battling game in and game out...

No we aren't, if we were the players wouldn't be playing hard and the coaching staff would be doing things like benching guys like Freeney and not doing things like trying an onside kick at the end of the New England game.

As much as people don't want to hear this, this team is simply not good enough to win these games. That is in large part due to the fact we don't have enough talent at the QB poistion.

Also if you believe they are tanking the seaosn then you know no matter the record they wont fire Caldwell because Caldwell would have done exactly what they told him to do.

We were discussing this idea about talent/coaching yesterday in another thread. I, like BleedingBlue, believe that there is still too much talent on this roster to not win a few games. It's a coaching issue. I'm not saying we should be .500, but there is no logical explanation as to why we don't have at least 3 wins. The players aren't that bad, and, yes, they are playing hard but its within offensive and defensive schemes that make no sense and are causing us to lose. This either means Caldwell and the FO are really stupid or there is some sort of "tanking." I suppose the insistence on not moving away from the "do what we do" mantra could be subconscious--not consciously intentional--tanking.

This whole idea of tanking is so funny. Have you watched this team play? They are going out and battling game in and game out...

I see red zone penalties. I see fumbled snaps. I see defensive zone coverage that make it impossible to stop a 3rd down. I see a horrible coach that lost to a coach that has already been fired.

I see a team tanking.

But the most convincing thing to me was Bill Parcells himself on network TV..."The best part of it is, the Media will buy it, the fans will buy it." referring to how we will get the #1 pick at the end of the season because Manning was hurt. This was said on week 1.

In complete honesty, the Polians are completely responsible for this, not Caldwell.

I'm not a Caldwell supporter, but its not because of him we are going to go 0-16/1-15/2-14/3-13. We went 14-2 with him, so even if it was because of Manning, he still did this. I doubt he's running things to much differently now that he did then. Therefor, if he can run the team and we go 14-2 potentially 16-0, then obviously there's another factor that forcing this team to go so low record wise.

Obviously that factor that changes is the Peyton Manning, but if you look at the bigger picture its personnel. Peyton is personnel, and if we say that the Colts don't have good enough personnel to prevent them from going winless. That is entirely on Polian.

So when things are good it's the coaches and players and when they're bad it's the FO?

Btw, I'd give a kidney for Brian Billick to be our new HC.

Really? I'd give a Kidney to keep him away. Can you explain your position, I'm curious.

We were discussing this idea about talent/coaching yesterday in another thread. I, like BleedingBlue, believe that there is still too much talent on this roster to not win a few games. It's a coaching issue. I'm not saying we should be .500, but there is no logical explanation as to why we don't have at least 3 wins. The players aren't that bad, and, yes, they are playing hard but its within offensive and defensive schemes that make no sense and are causing us to lose. This either means Caldwell and the FO are really stupid or there is some sort of "tanking." I suppose the insistence on not moving away from the "do what we do" mantra could be subconscious--not consciously intentional--tanking.

I didn't say it wasn't a coaching issue. I just said they weren't tanking games. You can have a bad coach and not be tanking games.

WIth that said I think there are several factors at work here, poor coaching is a part of that but I also think there is a real lack of talent on this team again namely at the QB poistion which is what is crippling this team. At the same time you don't just have a poor coach and go 0-13 at some point if you have enough talent that talent takes over and wins a game. That hasn't happened this year so yes there is a lack of talent on this team as well.

LAST YEARS PLAYOFF LOSS AGAINST THE JETS DUE TO TIME MANAGEMENT!!! THIS GUY IS NO GOOD FOR THE TEAM!!!

Sorry, Blair White dropping that last pass and not getting us a fresh set of downs is what cost us the Jets game. We could have just run out the clock if he hadn't dropped what was a catchable ball. With better clock management we had a chance. But only a chance.

Sure, we can point at a player or coach and say if they had done this or that differently then the Colts would have won. But I won't put the blame for that loss solely on Caldwell's shoulders. I don't care what dirty look Peyton gave him. Austin Collie would have caught that pass. And if someone hadn't himself made a bad decision to force a throw low and in tight coverage to Collie in that Jaguar game, perhaps we could have won the Jets game.

Sorry, even getting to the playoffs was a major accomplishment.after a regular season of games that were won and nearly won in under a minute. And while I give Peyton huge credit for how what he was able to accomplish that season and it is a testament to his greatness, I have to give credit to Caldwell too when it seemed like every week he had an entirely new defense roster to get ready for a gametime. That's no easy feat.

And before you jump all over me, let me say that, yes, I know and I'm sure Caldwell knows that when you're HC in the NFL, your job depends on wins. But I have to give credit for the Colts organization for not imploding like, say, the Eagles have.

I do wonder though if this news leak might be some sort of attempt on Irsay's part to inspire his players to try and play harder.

I didn't say it wasn't a coaching issue. I just said they weren't tanking games. You can have a bad coach and not be tanking games.

WIth that said I think there are several factors at work here, poor coaching is a part of that but I also think there is a real lack of talent on this team again namely at the QB poistion which is what is crippling this team. At the same time you don't just have a poor coach and go 0-13 at some point if you have enough talent that talent takes over and wins a game. That hasn't happened this year so yes there is a lack of talent on this team as well.

I agree. However, poor coaching can still outweigh talent. Take the Carolina game. A lot of players made big plays (Reggie Wayne, Brown, and Frathis, for example) and did all they could to win that game for us, but it really came down to Painter throwing two picks in the fourth instead of two TD passes. So, talent put the Colts in a position to win and the lack of talent at QB made us lose. I ask though, why didn't the coaches mask the lack of talent by running the ball more in those situations instead of trying to have Painter win it himself? We were playing one of the worst run defenses in the league and the STAFF decided it was smart to throw the ball instead of run it when the game was on the line and we had success running it all day. This is an example of coaching decisions trumping the efforts/will of talented players and putting them in a position to lose instead of win. Again, it's "doing what we do" instead of doing what logic says we should do in a given game/in-game situation.

It shows the rest of the staff and players that this will not be tolerated and the colts are serious about a replacement.

I think firing Caldwell at the end of the season sends the same message. Naming a interm coach now would worry me that they may not change enough.

I also think the decision has been made.

Hopefully the Polians will be gone. Bill has gone to 6 superbowls and only won 1 and it's cause he had Peyton Manning...

See this just doesn't make sense to me. Under Polian the Bills went to the SB 4 times! The Panthers went to the SB as well and then we have the Colts which have been in the post-season every year for almost 10 years. Now I'll agree that he has drafted too much on the offensive side of the ball in the last 5-6 years, but outside of that these playoff and SB losses all come down to the head coaches. I think Marv Levy is much more to blame than Polian on those 4 SB losses. It's up to the GM to bring enough talent to get to the SB...it's up to the coaching staff to devise a game plan to win the game.

The Green Bay Packers are a great team. They are loaded with talent, they are well coached, and they believe in themselves, and each other. Their defense isn't getting a lot of traditional stops, but they are forcing a lot of turnovers. Reminds me of the 2009 Saints team, really.

That's a valid question, but then the Patriots situation comes to light. They have had a lot of good players, but started letting them go before they would demand max, or retirement style contracts. They loaded up on draft picks as a result, but have yet to build a decent defense in the last five years, despite spending most of their picks there.

It's a delicate game, this team building thing.

I think it's a lot more on the front office, more on the Polian's than on the coaching. I'm not a big fan of Caldwell's coaching either but the difference between a good coach and a bad coach isn't going to take a 3-13 team to 13-3. The last five years since the Super Bowl the front office has done a terrible job of building a team around Peyton. Not only have our drafts been terrible particularly the first few rounds, we've also overpaid players, and let players go we should've kept