Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are the expectations for the Colts in 2015?

SilentHill

Home

Field

Advantage

That should be the ONLY goal going in. Forget the Super Bowl. Forget just making the playoffs. The ultimate goal of the regular season for this team MUST be stealing home field advantage. 

Last nights game had more to do with the circumstance of playing in Gillette, in the driving rain, in an environment that dictated to us how the game would be played. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will keep our current coaches and most of our players and we will make Andrew the highest paid player in the league. Due to lack of cap, Grigson will make some questionable draft choices supposedly to fill need positions.

Luck will take a hard sack by someone from Jacksonville and he will tear his ACL. Hasselbeck will attempt to carry the team for the rest of the season but due to the poor o-line and no defense we will end the season 7 and 9 and miss the playoffs.

If I have very low expectations....I can't be disappointed.

Much like the Manning years, yes.

how horrible it must be for you to be an NFL fan.  your team (no matter who it would happen to be) will wind up with seasons that are, in your words, a complete and utter failure FAR, FAR more often than not.

post-435-0-31374700-1421707720_thumb.jpg

I noticed someone mentioned we need to stop losing to "elite" teams. When the networks and the media jacks were * all over themselves emphasizing how the Colts were 1-4 against elite teams and 12-1 against the rest of the league I noticed the teams they were referring to as "elite" are the same ones who's owners get all the credit for running the league. Do you think that is just a coincidence? Does anyone realize now why Archie Manning wasn't going to let Eli play for the Chargers, instead, he gets to play for the "elite" Mara family. Poor Philip Rivers!

Edited by Superman

Goal number 3 get a D goal number 4 get a RB goal number 5 get a

Yeah a new staff....... Brilliant..... Let's totally start over after getting to the AFCCG three years after 2-14. You're a genius

Going to happen sooner or later and if we did not have Luck it would be sooner and it's MR GENIUS get it right :thmup:

Goal number 1 should be to hang within 28 of New England, Goal number 2 should be to get home field advantage so we don't have to go to New England

Why should we have to be afraid to go to New England? Why should San Diego and Pittsburgh always have our number? Why can't we be the big dog of the AFC if not the NFL?

Rorschach___Walter_Kovacs_by_Aiwe.jpg

For me, It's Superbowl or bust.

No more of this crap where we're just happy the Colts made it to the divisional round of the playoffs, or happy that we "overachieved" and made it to the AFC Championship game.

Next year is our year, next year we must win the Superbowl, everything else is a complete and utter failure.

lmao .  no sb win. as long have sucky offense line  and good too avg defense with no pass rushers.   hint no sb   need a wr such as Duron Carter.  sorry reggie  too old. 

yep, and we have that.  try again

I'm curious what adjustments were made in our most recent spectacular failure?  Please enlighten us, all knowing one.

This coaching staff is notorious for failing to make adjustments, for examples, look at Steelers, Dallas, and Patriots X 4.  Heck, even the Browns had our number until Luck pulled it out at the last moment.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 20, 2015 - Trolling
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 20, 2015 - Trolling

SINCE IVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM FOR YEARS, IVE STATED THAT LUCK IS OVERRATED AND THE COLTS WOULD NEVER WIN ANYTHING WITH HIM.THE COLTS ARE SOFT,LIKE THEIR FAN BASE.MOVE BACK TO BALTIMORE,TO START, WERE THERE ARE REAL FOOTBALL FANS.GET RID OF PAGANO,MANUSKY,HAMILTON AND LUCK AND START ALL OVER.TO THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR----SUCK MY butt

Keep beating bad teams, stop losing to good teams (especially in blowouts), win the division, make the playoffs, reach the AFCCG. At that point, it's all about how the ball bounces. I think expecting a SB berth is unfair.

How is expecting a SB appearance unfair?  We are literally right there!  We have about 2-3 major holes to fill, and about 2-3 patch jobs, and we can easily be 13-3 with the #1 seed.  Then the road travels through Indy.  That's what we are shooting for, and it's not asking a whole lot really.  Especially considering year 1 division title, playoff appearance, year 2 division title, WC win, year 3 division title WC, Divisional Round win, and AFCCG appearance.  We have swept the division 2 years running, that shouldn't change now.  Anything under a SB is a utter failure. 

The inexperience excuse is out the window at this point.  Luck, TY, Allen, Fleener, with the rest of the program is going into year 4!  As talented as they are, inexperience can only be used for Holmes and Mewhort.  IMO Thornton and Thomas needs to go, and be replaced with 1st round draft talent or veteran FA. 

The defense needs to be filled with an experienced pass rusher via FA and perhaps a good covering LB and Safty from the draft.  The top 3 picks need to go to address those issues, and I don't see any reason why we cant be back next year. 

How is expecting a SB appearance unfair?  We are literally right there!  We have about 2-3 major holes to fill, and about 2-3 patch jobs, and we can easily be 13-3 with the #1 seed.  Then the road travels through Indy.  That's what we are shooting for, and it's not asking a whole lot really.  Especially considering year 1 division title, playoff appearance, year 2 division title, WC win, year 3 division title WC, Divisional Round win, and AFCCG appearance.  We have swept the division 2 years running, that shouldn't change now.  Anything under a SB is a utter failure. 

The inexperience excuse is out the window at this point.  Luck, TY, Allen, Fleener, with the rest of the program is going into year 4!  As talented as they are, inexperience can only be used for Holmes and Mewhort.  IMO Thornton and Thomas needs to go, and be replaced with 1st round draft talent or veteran FA. 

The defense needs to be filled with an experienced pass rusher via FA and perhaps a good covering LB and Safty from the draft.  The top 3 picks need to go to address those issues, and I don't see any reason why we cant be back next year. 

Because there are 32 teams in the league, and 12 make the playoffs. It's really, really hard to make the Super Bowl. You get to the AFCCG, and you're playing one of the very best teams in the league. Getting to the Super Bowl is a really big deal. Saying it's not asking for a lot is kind of strange.

I know everyone views this stuff differently, but I don't view a trip to the AFCCG and a loss as a failed season. Disappointment, sure. Impetus to work harder and make some adjustments where appropriate (from the perspective of the team, not as a fan), absolutely. 

I think it's time to start talking Super Bowl.  This year, my expectation was make it to the AFCCG and they did.  We got blown out, but they made it there.  I think we can start talking Super Bowl now.  Expectations need to go up, standards need to go up, we need a really good offseason in terms of free agency and the draft.  I don't think we're as far away from the Super Bowl as people think.

Next year, I expect us to get one of the top 2 seeds in the AFC and make it to the Super Bowl (or at the very least make the AFCCG very close and competitive).  11-5 seasons are great, but we need to break through that 11 win ceiling and get to 12 or 13 wins

Agree with everything being said here.  

Because there are 32 teams in the league, and 12 make the playoffs. It's really, really hard to make the Super Bowl. You get to the AFCCG, and you're playing one of the very best teams in the league. Getting to the Super Bowl is a really big deal. Saying it's not asking for a lot is kind of strange.

I know everyone views this stuff differently, but I don't view a trip to the AFCCG and a loss as a failed season. Disappointment, sure. Impetus to work harder and make some adjustments where appropriate (from the perspective of the team, not as a fan), absolutely. 

I guess I overestimate how good our offense is.  I truly think Luck can be one of the greatest QB's ever.  I think he has more talent than Tom Brady, but is still extremely young.  I think TY has the potential to be alot like Marvin Harrison.  Coby Fleener and DA are the best TE's we've ever had.  I think Pagano is a great defensive minded coach, but needs a couple more pieces to the puzzle.

I get it's very difficult to get to the AFC Championship, but if you "stick to the process" than winning 13 games in the regular season (because the divisional games are almost gimmes) and playing a few other weak teams, that isn't unrealistic.  That way we have a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs.  Patriots have followed this formula for years, and Tom Brady has played in, what? 8 AFC CG's.  Winning 3 SB's and has a chance to do it again.  The Cowboys did it in the 90's and SF had some runs.  Heck even the Bills in the 90's were a team always there. 

Im not saying this year was a disappointment.  I think the first 2 years they were ahead of schedule by ALOT, and now they're still alittle ahead, but I definitely think it's not too far fetched to expect a SB appearance or even winning it with as much talent we have.  Like I said maybe I overestimate how good we are, but I see glipses of what we can be all the time.  We just need to (yes, we've heard it a million times) fix a couple issues, and play consistently good.  Another offseason and we should be there if the trend continues.  Especially when Manning and Brady retires, there are no excuses.  Barring major injuries, we should moon walk to the AFC CG every year.

I'm curious what adjustments were made in our most recent spectacular failure?  Please enlighten us, all knowing one.

This coaching staff is notorious for failing to make adjustments, for examples, look at Steelers, Dallas, and Patriots X 4.  Heck, even the Browns had our number until Luck pulled it out at the last moment.

sure, if you focus on those bad games then it appears that the staff doesn't make adjustments.  However, when you consider their entire body of work...ALL of the games they've coached which includes many come from behind victories, then you come out with you being wrong.  

sure, if you focus on those bad games then it appears that the staff doesn't make adjustments.  However, when you consider their entire body of work...ALL of the games they've coached which includes many come from behind victories, then you come out with you being wrong.  

Are you sure those are adjustments, and not just Luck's heroics?  I'm not.

Are you sure those are adjustments, and not just Luck's heroics?  I'm not.

yes I'm sure, because I don't think Luck is quite at the elite level that a few seem to think he is.  He's well on his way, but he still makes plenty of mistakes that the coaching staff and rest of the team have to overcome.  regardless of what a few people like to think, the Colts are not currently a one man show with Luck like they were with Manning.  

yes I'm sure, because I don't think Luck is quite at the elite level that a few seem to think he is.  He's well on his way, but he still makes plenty of mistakes that the coaching staff and rest of the team have to overcome.  regardless of what a few people like to think, the Colts are not currently a one man show with Luck like they were with Manning.  

Fair enough..

It's not a few people, it's practically everyone who covers the NFL in a serious manner.....well, the ones I listen to anyway. There isn't a lot of respect for the colts roster.

I believe the expectations for the Colts in 2015 is win the division, have best record in AFC, home field, win the AFC Championship, and play in the Super Bowl.

After next season, if the Colts come up short again expect big changes starting with GM and coaching.  You cannot go against the Pats or any other elite team and have the same outcomes.  I still cannot understand why the Colts did not change anything (offense and defense) when it came to playing the Pats in November and again a few days ago.  I understand you only have the personnel you have, but do something.  That was a complete embarrassment. 

What people fail to realize is Luck and this Colt team did more in the first three years than Manning did in his first four years.  Less we remember how many years Manning came up short with all that offensive talent.  I still say Vanderjagt was right about his criticism of the team.  I still say had the Colts not faced Rex Grossman Manning would still not have a Super Bowl. 

It just stinks having to wait again until September to know what kind of team the Colts will be.  Why can't the Colts be the dominant team in the AFC and the NFL.  Why not us.  It just sickens me to see either Wilson or Brady raise another championship. 

Stop wasting time and get Luck the help he needs and deserves.  I do not want to see the Manning years all over again. Get an offensive line, running back, wide receivers, and a defense that scares people.   

Considering we match up with the AFC East and NFC South next year plus Houston are still short a QB and Tennessee and Jacksonville are still short..... I really think we should be looking for a 12 or 13 win season. Playoffs are a crap shoot so get a bye would be my goal.

Toughest games next year

Home - Pats, Denver

Road - Steelers, Bills / Texans(?)

I honestly think this could be a 13 or 14 win season with a strong offseason and a little Andrew Luck.

Considering we match up with the AFC East and NFC South next year plus Houston are still short a QB and Tennessee and Jacksonville are still short..... I really think we should be looking for a 12 or 13 win season. Playoffs are a crap shoot so get a bye would be my goal.

Toughest games next year

Home - Pats, Denver

Road - Steelers, Bills / Texans(?)

I honestly think this could be a 13 or 14 win season with a strong offseason and a little Andrew Luck.

AFC East is far from a cake walk....other than the jets. And the NFC south could easily turn it around next season.