Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

I just heard that on local radio and turned on ESPN.  It will be interesting to see what else the NFL finds out in regards to this investigation. 

yeah.. should be interesting. sheesh....I bet you can't wait. Anyway , I guess it puts to sleep your "conspiracy theory."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But here's the question, do the Colts host that game due to the higher seed.... Or do you play it at a neutral site due to it being played under the circumstances that the actual AFC Champion was found guilty of fraudulence?

And then not to mention, you gotta call all the players back from vacation since they're in offseason mode

I think you play it as if the first AFCCG never took place so higher seed hosts.

I have a feeling the repercussions will be severe. But certainly not what the punishment should be.

The Patriots should be disqualified forthright, immediately upon the resolution of this investigation. I realize the logistics are pretty serious, but it must be done. Anything less is unacceptable (no, I don't think the NFL has the balls to actually do the right thing). Regardless, a storm is coming and it will be severe. As it stands; The most brilliantly successful single team era in the history of the NFL has had it's legacy permanently destroyed.

PS: It doesn't matter what the score was. We got eliminated by a team that was actively cheating in order to gain a competitive advantage. That....is serious. Sickening.

I definitely agree witg what you've said. I myself believe the hammer should come down, especially after multiple offenses. But will the league do so...? Thats where my doubt is.

I got it!!!!! As punishment, the :colts: can pick 11 players (one player for each deflated ball) from the :flyingelvis: roster and make them a Colt while the Pats still pay those 11 salaries

1. Vince Wilfork

2. Darelle Revis

3. Chandler Jones

4. Devin McCourty

5. Josh Boyce

6. Ryan Wendell

7. Bolden the RB

8. Donta Hightower

9. Jamie Collins

10. Akeem Ayers

11. Jerod Mayo

:scoregood:

Did the Patriots do the same thing to the Ravens? That game was close enough to make a difference. Had the Ravens won the Colts would have been home against the Ravens. Think about that.

Good point!!! All I'm really saying is I don't think the League is gonna do anything that serious. But I could be completely wrong!!! I believe serious punishment should come down. But I'm just not sure the league will.

I think the AFCCG should be re-played between the Colts and the Ravens.  Play the game at LOS and the winner of that game goes to the SB !!!  

Pats should NOT be allowed to play in the SB.  Just my opinion of course, but if they have to cheat, they absolutely do NOT deserve to play in the biggest game of the year !!!

Aaron Rodgers said the refs take air out of the ball to bring them into compliance, and he dislikes that. The Packers balls are compliant once the game starts, based on his complaint.

Although, he has a point. There's really nothing to gain by having the ball over inflated, not for a QB.

Rodgers I think was saying that he wishes everyone had to use a fully inflated ball as hey has very large hands and can spin a big ball. Hey.. I've been looking for american.. have you seen her ? 

Wow.........

My mind is blown. 

And I did feel like the Colts had the air taken out of them at one point too in this game. (no pun intended) Like we gave up.

I feel bad for Baltimore too like some say........

I felt like the team quite mid-way through the third quarter. It's really just unfair to everybody. Win or lose with dignity NE, seriously it's just a game. If you can't win clean, then don't play the game.

I got it!!!!! As punishment, the :colts: can pick 11 players (one player for each deflated ball) from the :flyingelvis: roster and make them a Colt while the Pats still pay those 11 salaries

1. Vince Wilfork

2. Darelle Revis

3. Chandler Jones

4. Devin McCourty

5. Josh Boyce

6. Ryan Wendell

7. Bolden the RB

8. Donta Hightower

9. Jamie Collins

10. Akeem Ayers

11. Jerod Mayo

Heck no. I don't want cheaters or ex-Patriots on my Colts.

1. Vince Wilfork

2. Darelle Revis

3. Chandler Jones

4. Devin McCourty

5. Josh Boyce

6. Ryan Wendell

7. Bolden the RB

8. Donta Hightower

9. Jamie Collins

10. Akeem Ayers

11. Jerod Mayo

how do you not take Rob Nincovich!!

Doesn't matter. They cheated. Again!

If there was no advantage to be gained, then why did they do it in the first place? Who knows how much it really affected the outcome of the game? There is no way to tell. It doesn't even matter anyway because it's more of an issue of the Patriots again messing with the integrity of the game and the league. If there gonna cheat continually and get slapped on the wrist, then every team in the league should just start saying the heck with the rules.

Yep, you are right. And I'm not denying they cheated or anything else you've said. My doubt is simply whether the league will give the proper punishment that should be issued. That's what I'm questioning is tge League.

Rodgers I think was saying that he wishes everyone had to use a fully inflated ball as hey has very large hands and can spin a big ball. Hey.. I've been looking for american.. have you seen her ?

you mean amfootball? She won't be here for awhile I wanna know where the dude with the bill avatar is virilundant or whatever his name is lol

Good point!!! All I'm really saying is I don't think the League is gonna do anything that serious. But I could be completely wrong!!! I believe serious punishment should come down. But I'm just not sure the league will.

Well....I can't fault you for doubting Goodell.....the guy is all over the place with punishment.

Hopefully he gets this one right....IMO, the stakes are very high.

sorry, but these latest findings mean nothing. Of course a ball is going to lose pressure over the course of being used in a game.

on top of that the measurements were done 48 hours after the game. that is well beyond reasonable, especially for something like PSI

Yeah, uhh, I'd call that nonsense, but that would be too kind. Because what it really is is an eight letter word that describes the defecations of large, horned livestock. But we don't use that word here.

sorry, but these latest findings mean nothing.  Of course a ball is going to lose pressure over the course of being used in a game.

on top of that the measurements were done 48 hours after the game.  that is well beyond reasonable, especially for something like PSI

The ball was 16% smaller than normal, and that is not going to happen during the game due to simply being used on the field. The messurments I'm sure were done when the people noticed there was something suspicious. The Ravens argued the same point with the balls when kicking... and maybe that is why Adam Vinatieri's kick was so far off. A flatter ball with wind added in would cause a few more issues.

Then they risk a major backlash.....and a bigger ripple effect than you think. This isn't some thug player shooting up a strip bar....this is the integrity and believability of what is happening ON the field regardless of the score.

If they did it against a Colts team they'd blown off the planet 3 times in a row....exactly how confident are you that they DID NOT do it against Baltimore the other week....a team who's previously gone into Foxboro and beat their teeth in?

I didn't put that picture of Goodell = Vince McMahon for no reason.

This is bull :cuss:

Why are you mad at Goodell?

Don't blame the players, blame the head guys. I'm sure it was a head decision to cheat

Probably told the players they'd release them or something if they opened their mouths about it. Gotta feed the family man

I have no respect for someone who'd cover it up jut to keep their jobs.

1: all those players would easily be signed by other teams quickly.

2: the amount it'd cost the Patriots in cap penalties would cripple them and that alone will keep them from doing it

3: we already have enough players will deflated balls from Sundays game. .....hahahaha

sorry, but these latest findings mean nothing. Of course a ball is going to lose pressure over the course of being used in a game.

on top of that the measurements were done 48 hours after the game. that is well beyond reasonable, especially for something like PSI

Brilliant spinjob there. I'll give you that

Well....I can't fault you for doubting Goodell.....the guy is all over the place with punishment.

Hopefully he gets this one right....IMO, the stakes are very high.

The Patriots punishment will be whatever the other owners besides Kraft decides to do. I would be willing to bet they are not happy at all about this. Goodell is only the mouthpiece for the owners so we will wait to see.

If Robert Kraft wants to save face (if all this is as bad as it looks right now) he needs to fire Belichick.

I'm sure it won't happen since that guy is a shady character too.

Yeah the cheese that dude's company makes is the only thing I question more than the Patriots business practices.

The Patriots punishment will be whatever the other owners besides Kraft decides to do. I would be willing to bet they are not happy at all about this. Goodell is only the mouthpiece for the owners so we will wait to see.

kraft is rich pay goodell few bucks.