Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts only given a 2% chance to win the super bowl

CR91

I'm a pats fan and don't feel over confident about this weeks game. Never mind the Superbowl. Just kidding The Pats Will win 100% positive.

will you make good on your guarantee when the Colts win or will you disappear into the woodwork

so would you bet everything you own that the pats will win? if not then you are not 100% positive

I will be here. Promise. I don't gamble. I was kinda talking crap. Too much has to go right for the colts to win. In my opinion. Which means nothing. Just be here after the game. Hope the Patriots are really mean to the colts. Really? Mean? What is wrong with Gegg Doyle? Mean!! Lol

From @ESPNNFL earlier today, the @Colts certainly going to embrace the underdog role for a second straight week pic.twitter.com/CJewrDITEO

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

January 17, 2015

perfect blackboard material pagano. use it and lets shock the world in less then three weeks

I saw that posted on NFL LIVE & nobody on that show gave INDY a snowball's chance in...You know what this weekend either. 2% darn that's harsh. But, then I thought, what the hades we are always 2nd guessed underdogs anyway so, it's a good place to be. We weren't supposed to the beat the Bengals or the Broncos either & we did so anything is possible right? 

Jerome Bettis on ESPN First Take gave us the potential upset victory support this morning. I was pleased to hear that. Look, NE is a great team, but they are not invincible just ask the Chiefs & the Packers earlier this season. 

I'd post the clip from today's show, but it's not available yet. Basically, the Bus said that the Patriots spend all their energy defeating Baltimore last week & NE is spend emotionally for Sunday's late game on CBS. 

I will never slam NE or 2nd guess them because I know how darn good they are, but INDY has gotten further than even I expected & we are playing our best ball right now. 

If Seattle and NE make it to the Superbowl...NE will get destroyed....

I wouldn't be so quick to subscribe to that theory jabda because if NE wins this weekend they will pull out all the stops vs Seattle in February. Gronk, Edelman, & Lafell are tough TEs & WRs & Brady knows you only get so many chances at another ring especially 4 to match Joe Montana & Terry Bradshaw.

Plus, I really want QB RW taken down hard & decisive. He's not as great as he thinks he is & I'm fed up with his American Family make dreams happen commercial. Shut up already dude. You're good not great. Your defense yes you hades no. 

The only thing I will guarantee is this: Regardless of which team wins the SB this year, when that fraud Deion Sanders sees the SB Champions for the 1st time in the offseason, he will pretend he had their backs as a TV broadcaster all season long. Man, that guy gets on my nerves. He was a supremely talented CB, but I deplore him as an NFL analyst. 

Plus, I really want QB RW taken down hard & decisive. He's not as great as he thinks he is & I'm fed up with his American Family make dreams happen commercial. Shut up already dude. You're good not great. Your defense yes you hades no.

Why do you despise the kid so much? Lol. Didn't he play for your alma mater? The kid seems to be a classy, humble guy. I don't get why people dislike him so much.

Anyway, I hope the Colts win this Sunday.

I wouldn't be so quick to subscribe to that theory jabda because if NE wins this weekend they will pull out all the stops vs Seattle in February. Gronk, Edelman, & Lafell are tough TEs & WRs & Brady knows you only get so many chances at another ring especially 4 to match Joe Montana & Terry Bradshaw.

The only thing I will guarantee is this: Regardless of which team wins the SB this year, when that fraud Deion Sanders sees the SB Champions for the 1st time in the offseason, he will pretend he had their backs as a TV broadcaster all season long. Man, that guy gets on my nerves. He was a supremely talented CB, but I deplore him as an NFL analyst. 

Trust me...I do not not want to see those two teams in the SB!  I will not watch it....instead I will be curled up on the couch with my wife watching Gone, Girl...pretending the Superbowl was cancelled this year.  I am with you on the RW thing.  I think as Colts fans, it's too close to the early Brady praise...RW isn't a bad QB but it would be hard to lose with that defense and running game...lol.

Why do you despise the kid so much? Lol. Didn't he play for your alma mater? The kid seems to be a classy, humble guy. I don't get why people dislike him so much.

Anyway, I hope the Colts win this Sunday.

Yes, he did play at UW-Madison that's true NFLfan. I guess if you wanted me to encapsulate my frustration it stems from the fact that so many football pundits kiss RW's caboose like he's the next Joe Montana of the Pacific NW. I'm sorry one SB with a premier defense & top tier secondary does not make him great anymore than calling Trent Dilfer great without the assistance of Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, & TE Shannon Sharpe in the year 2000. Let's see RW win SBs once he gets paid big money & all those stellar defensive pieces start to disappear. 1 ring puts you on the football landscape; it doesn't make him elite not yet at this young stage of infancy in his NFL career. 

That's my problem with RW. His tenure of great playing is way too short in duration. Brad Johnson also won a SB ring in Tampa Bay with John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, & Warren Sapp in 2002. He's not elite either. I hope that answers your question my friend. 

Heath Evans, Willie McGinest, Warren Sapp, & Deion Sanders all irritate me when they praise RW like he's a made man elite QB in this league now; he's not based on duration, adversity, & when all those fancy elite teammates disappear once Wilson gets paid serious money by owner Paul Allen.

Peyton Manning is elite with only 1 ring because of his remarkable ability to win multiple division titles, enter the post season like clockwork, & appear in more than 1 SB. Plus, 18 is can take no name talent in both INDY & Denver & make his weapons seem elite. 

Thanks for the  :blueshoe: support BTW.  :thmup:

Trust me...I do not not want to see those two teams in the SB!  I will not watch it....instead I will be curled up on the couch with my wife watching Gone, Girl...pretending the Superbowl was cancelled this year.  I am with you on the RW thing.  I think as Colts fans, it's too close to the early Brady praise...RW isn't a bad QB but it would be hard to lose with that defense and running game...lol.

I can respect that Jabda. I did go through a short phase where all the Brady love annoyed me, but then I realized, Tom's not evil; He's incredibly talented at the QB position, a darn nice guy, & if he knocked my Colts out of the playoffs that means he exposed weaknesses that INDY needs to fix. That's on my team not NE. Now, if people wanna hate NE like I detest Dallas, that's fine to each their own right. 

Enjoy watching "Gone Girl" with your lovely wife BTW. I haven't seen it yet either, but my friend Jules liked it so I hope you find this flick entertaining as well eventually Jabda.  ;)

Regarding RW, as much as Skip Bayless calls Luck admiration a premature HOF coronation, that's way off base, but I would say that this RW love fest across the league is a hades of a lot closer to early & unwarranted NFL QB nobility praise. JMO. 

RW is to be congratulated for winning a ring yes, but the historian in me values consistency over 10-15 years not 1 piece of shiny jewelry & he's a sports god. Forget that nonsense. Again, RW is good not elite...Not yet anyway. My big thing is longevity & rings plural meaning more than 1. Yes, my standards are high. I am aware of that fact. 

Yes, he did play at UW-Madison that's true NFLfan. I guess if you wanted me to encapsulate my frustration it stems from the fact that so many football pundits kiss RW's caboose like he's the next Joe Montana of the Pacific NW. I'm sorry one SB with a premier defense & top tier secondary does not make him great anymore than calling Trent Dilfer great without the assistance of Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, & TE Shannon Sharpe in the year 2000. Let's see RW win SBs once he gets paid big money & all those stellar defensive pieces start to disappear. 1 ring puts you on the football landscape; it doesn't make him elite not yet at this young stage of infancy in his NFL career. 

That's my problem with RW. His tenure of great playing is way too short in duration. Brad Johnson also won a SB ring in Tampa Bay with John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, & Warren Sapp in 2002. He's not elite either. I hope that answers your question my friend. 

Heath Evans, Willie McGinest, Warren Sapp, & Deion Sanders all irritate me when they praise RW like he's a made man elite QB in this league now; he's not based on duration, adversity, & when all those fancy elite teammates disappear once Wilson gets paid serious money by owner Paul Allen.

Peyton Manning is elite with only 1 ring because of his remarkable ability to win multiple division titles, enter the post season like clockwork, & appear in more than 1 SB. Plus, 18 is can take no name talent in both INDY & Denver & make his weapons seem elite. 

Thanks for the  :blueshoe: support BTW.  :thmup:

No name talent in Indy really Marvin Harrison was just your run of the mill WR? Reggie Wayne Dallas Clark etc and in Denver Thomas Sanders Peyton has had talent at the skill positions at every stop. In the backfield to I think if you look back a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks were used to make sure of that. Maybe if some of those picks would have went to the other side of the ball his playoff record would be a little better and his personal numbers not so great or maybe not who knows but you can't say Peyton has lacked talent at the skill positions.

I don't get the hate toward RW either. He is good can beat you with his feet and throws the ball well. You want to talk about no name talent look at his WR's. Kearse and Baldwin. He seems like a good kid who is a great athlete doesn't really come across like he is trying to take credit for anything. He knows he has a great D and beast mode behind him. It isn't his fault the media are all over him. I will admit I haven't seen may pressers or interviews but the one's I have he seems like a good kid to me. We all have our own opinions.

No name talent in Indy really Marvin Harrison was just your run of the mill WR? Reggie Wayne Dallas Clark etc and in Denver Thomas Sanders Peyton has had talent at the skill positions at every stop. In the backfield to I think if you look back a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks were used to make sure of that. Maybe if some of those picks would have went to the other side of the ball his playoff record would be a little better and his personal numbers not so great or maybe not who knows but you can't say Peyton has lacked talent at the skill positions.

I don't get the hate toward RW either. He is good can beat you with his feet and throws the ball well. You want to talk about no name talent look at his WR's. Kearse and Baldwin. He seems like a good kid who is a great athlete doesn't really come across like he is trying to take credit for anything. He knows he has a great D and beast mode behind him. It isn't his fault the media are all over him. I will admit I haven't seen may pressers or interviews but the one's I have he seems like a good kid to me. We all have our own opinions.

Pierre Garcon was nowhere near elite when Peyton started to work with him, neither was TE Jacob Tamme or Dallas Clark for that matter. I never said Peyton started with an entire roster of bargain basement talent akcolt. 

Liking a QB or their personal public demeanor has nothing to do with premature praise that's not really relevant to his credentials as a QB on the field to me. Trust me with that secondary & LBing core who in the hades couldn't win at QB with that smothering defense? Ask Eli Manning if he would have 2 SB rings vs the Patriots without Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, or Jason Pierre Paul right now? 

Pierre Garcon was nowhere near elite when Peyton started to work with him, neither was TE Jacob Tamme or Dallas Clark for that matter. I never said Peyton started with an entire roster of bargain basement talent akcolt. 

Liking a QB or their personal public demeanor has nothing to do with premature praise that's not really relevant to his credentials as a QB on the field to me. Trust me with that secondary & LBing core who in the hades couldn't win at QB with that smothering defense? Ask Eli Manning if he would have 2 SB rings vs the Patriots without Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, or Jason Pierre Paul right now? 

I don't disagree but it isn't RW creating the buzz it is the media. He seems like a humble likeable kid to me who happens to be the QB of one of the best teams in the league. It's not his fault the media are all over him. And the kid can play a little bit.

I don't disagree but it isn't RW creating the buzz it is the media. He seems like a humble likeable kid to me who happens to be the QB of one of the best teams in the league. It's not his fault the media are all over him. And the kid can play a little bit.

True, no athlete can control what reporters write about them or the team they play for. A very valid point on your part akcolt. I never said that RW can't play. I just don't care for the almost universal praise he receives as a made man after only 1 ring. If RW wins another ring in February, I will shift my assessment of him & it is worth mentioning that he is very complementary of Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner, & Thomas. 

RW could ask the media to tap the brakes a little bit on the QB love fest & remind the media more frequently of Pete Carroll & the coaching staff's contributions in winning games from a preparation standpoint IMHO. 

You can't determine what questions will be asked, but as a QB, you can set the tone for what overall impressions are created of you at press conferences in terms of restricting & detracting what is said about you & why. 

True, no athlete can control what reporters write about them or the team they play for. A very valid point on your part akcolt. I never said that RW can't play. I just don't care for the almost universal praise he receives as a made man after only 1 ring. If RW wins another ring in February, I will shift my assessment of him & it is worth mentioning that he is very complementary of Sherman, Chancellor, Wagner, & Thomas. 

RW could ask the media to tap the brakes a little bit on the QB love fest & remind the media more frequently of Pete Carroll & the coaching staff's contributions in winning games from a preparation standpoint IMHO. 

You can't determine what questions will be asked, but as a QB, you can set the tone for what overall impressions are created of you at press conferences in terms of restricting & detracting what is said about you & why. 

I do like that about Luck.  Takes all the blame when things go bad whether it's warranted or not and gives praise to everyone else when they win...

I love football way too much to miss out on a NE Seattle SB. Even if I do hate both teams. 

Thanks for the :blueshoe: support BTW. :thmup:

I get you but he is not the one claiming he is elite. He just does his job. And, he has a lot more skills than QB than Dilfer and Brad Johnson combined. Lol. Wilson plays smart and does not throw INTs as Dilfer did. He makes plays running and throwing. Brad Johnson was a career back-up, playing most of his early career with my team. Yes, he later played for TB and Wash but he was never the QB that Wilson is. I think Wilson is underrated. I guess I have not read or listened to those pundits who kiss his caboose. ;)

I can understand the hate for the Seahawks team -- their showboating is annoying -- but Wilson is a good kid. He is one of the few players on that team that I can root for.

What a difference two weeks make:

Some Colts fans two weeks ago: get ready for one and done. This team has to fire the coaches because they will never take them any lace.

Some Colts fans now: No one believes in the Colts look a poll says only 2% of people think the Colts will win!

Personally, I am in happy to be he here mode. This team is well ahead of schedule and just keeps getting better every year during the time of year that matters most. Don't get me wrong I want the Colts to win and believe they can and will be disappointed if they don't. However, I won't be disappointed to the point I am going to start calling for people to be fired. The Colts weren't supposed to be here in the first place they have over achivied so my suggestion is enjoy it and try to be rational with it. If they lose don't over react to it and remember they are "supposed to lose" this game. I have a feeling this is going to be the first of many AFC Championship games for Andrew Luck though so just take it in stride.

Go Colts hopefully they shock the world and we are breaking down a Colts Super Bowl matchup over the next couple of weeks.

I think Rex Ryan said a few years ago, "We're not going up there to kiss anyone's rings."  

Anyone can win this.  I think most people automatically eliminate the Colts, leaving Packers, Seahawks, and Patriots.   Brady has more experience than the other QB's as does BB in the SB, so they pick the Pats.  That's ok.  Denver was picked overwhelmingly last week.  This is why games are played.  

From @ESPNNFL earlier today, the @Colts certainly going to embrace the underdog role for a second straight week pic.twitter.com/CJewrDITEO

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

January 17, 2015

perfect blackboard material pagano. use it and lets shock the world in less then three weeks

Junk ESPN numbers.....no one has any numerically defined chance to win the Super Bowl because its isn't being played this week and you don't know who will be playing