Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh McNary charged with rape (Merge)

jskinnz

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When police arrived at his apartment, McNary told them, “I know why you are here.”

He said he preserved evidence of the encounter and presented some of the woman’s clothing to police.

This guy ruined his own life, and he knew it right then and there. Wow. 

Am I the only one who would be content to simply put him on the COMMISSIONER'S EXEMPT list and see the process unfold before just cutting the guy loose?

I'd be fine with that, but he's not arrested with strange claims. He's been charged. Due process is for the legal system. The Colts would be perfectly within their rights to cut him loose right now.

I hope he's exonerated, fully. But it doesn't look that way right now.

Link?

I assume that's the case, but did you read/hear this somewhere?

#colts organization was not aware of LB Josh McNary rape investigation. A shock to everyone in the building.

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

January 14, 2015

#colts organization was not aware of LB Josh McNary rape investigation. A shock to everyone in the building.

Absolutely crazy.  For the woman's sake I'm glad he didn't try to dispose of evidence or in a sense deny it.  With those kind of comments coming from him it seems like it will be an open and shut case.

Maybe. The woman could be a conniving liar, and threatened him, then snatched his phone and ran out. 

Far-fetched scenario, for sure, just playing devil's advocate. The image I had in my head when I read that part of the article was very clear, though, and it was McNary opening the door with a look of resignation on his face. The fact that they have enough evidence to charge him is pretty devastating.

Just because someone wheres the uniform for a few years does not mean they have honor.

I've never been in the military(I have a disability so pretty much eliminates that) but I never understood some peoples thinking that all or even a lot of our servicemen....and women for that matter are all honorable upstanding individuals with a perfect track record

I'd be fine with that, but he's not arrested with strange claims. He's been charged. Due process is for the legal system. The Colts would be perfectly within their rights to cut him loose right now.

I hope he's exonerated, fully. But it doesn't look that way right now.

Oh, they have every right to. I'm just sick of seeing the NFL jump the gun on punishment only to have to come back later and change it if something new comes up. I don't understand the rush to judgment when you have a mechanism to effectively push pause on the process.

Oh, they have every right to. I'm just sick of seeing the NFL jump the gun on punishment only to have to come back later and change it if something new comes up. I don't understand the rush to judgment when you have a mechanism to effectively push pause on the process.

He hid the investigation from the team. That alone is grounds enough to get cut.

Just because someone wheres the uniform for a few years does not mean they have honor.

I've never been in the military(I have a disability so pretty much eliminates that) but I never understood some peoples thinking that all or even a lot of our servicemen....and women for that matter are all honorable upstanding individuals with a perfect track record

Lets not get into who is a good person and who is not.  Especially let's stand up for our military who protect us every day.  If you are a military expert or PTSD expert........by all means....

Exactly  why you shouldn't have said that because most are and I take a very prejudicial offense to your comment !

[mod edit]

I won't call him sick, however it did come off as ignorant or misinformed.

It seems he has problems that needs to be addressed by a psychiatrist like Darren Sharper. Rape is never about the sex itself. It's about power and control.

Edited by Superman

It's not really an NFL issue, though. Just like the Ravens were within their rights to cut Rice. That hasn't and won't be undone. I don't know or care if the league is going to suspend him. But he can be cut, and that would be final, from the Colts standpoint.

Also, it's not really a rush to judgment. The Colts can determine in 5 minutes whether he hid the 6 week investigation from them, or failed to disclose it, and it seems pretty obvious what the answer is. That's grounds for dismissal right there. Whether he's guilty of the actual crimes he's being charged with is above and beyond.

Lets not get into who is a good person and who is not.  Especially let's stand up for our military who protect us every day.  If you are a military expert or PTSD expert........by all means....

Exactly  why you shouldn't have said that because most are and I take a very prejudicial offense to your comment !

You guys need to get over yourselves.  Most are honorable but that does not mean ALL of them are.  It's not a knock on the military establishment or on those that serve with honor just stating the fact that just because someone puts on the uniform does not mean they have honor. 

And to say it's strange for someone that was in the military to do something like this shows some ignorance about the military.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 14, 2015 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, January 14, 2015 - inflammatory

You are sick and ignorant to write such an incredibly inept post...ridiculous!   :censored2:  :censored2:  :censored2:  :censored2:

What did I say that was so bad? Why are you so sensitive? You should probably get off these forums if you take offense to that post which had no ill intent.  So looks like you are ignorant.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 14, 2015 - inflammatory, etc
Hidden by Superman, January 14, 2015 - inflammatory, etc

You guys need to get over yourselves.  Most are honorable but that does not mean ALL of them are.  It's not a knock on the military establishment or on those that serve with honor just stating the fact that just because someone puts on the uniform does not mean they have honor. 

And to say it's strange for someone that was in the military to do something like this shows some ignorance about the military.

You need to shut your mouth and read the post closer !