Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

23 pts 199 rushing yards

akcolt

That is what our D has done to Jeremy Hill who led the NFL in rushing since week 8 and CJ Anderson who I am sure they said led all RB's in yards since week 10.

So we have faced 2 of best and shut them down. The D has come together. I believe we are Super Bowl bound.

That is what our D has done to Jeremy Hill who led the NFL in rushing since week 8 and CJ Anderson who I am sure they said led all RB's in yards since week 10.

So we have faced 2 of best and shut them down. The D has come together. I believe we are Super Bowl bound.

Jonas Gray did that all by himself against the same defense. 28 points and 199 yards. 

The difference is that those two guys didn't have a QB who could throw over the top. Can we stack it and play press coverage against the Pats? I think we'll try. Not sure how successful it will be.

Remember 06 when we stopped two running teams in the playoffs. But the title game, which I still get goosebumps watching, was completely different? Isn't this eerily similar? Except we're a bigger dog and they're at home.

Slow your roll....The D has played better assignment football the past two games. Let's sees if they can get off the field on 3rd down and hold the Pats to FGs and not TDs in the Red Zone.  Both the Bengals and Broncos should have run more IMO

Jonas Gray did that all by himself against the same defense. 28 points and 199 yards. 

Indeed...that is what I thought I was going to read about when coming into this thread...not the past two games. Granted its been better but we have to play even more disciplined defense. We have to win up front and do our jobs. I don't think we can make the Pats one dimensional...but we can have a chance to win if we play the way we did the last two weeks.

Yeah & Denver beat the Colts but it was'nt the same defense so there looking for a new HC . Stop the Run & good things happen.

I think every game is a fresh start, you can't look at the results of a previous game as "proof" of the results of a coming game.

My comment was intended to make two points:

1) Whatever the Colts did to another team means nothing because this is a different game against a different team

2) If you want to say "The Colts have solved their defensive woes, and here's the proof", just consider what Jonas Gray did when the Colts played the Patriots.

I know this is just happy talk, and I know that the Colts coaching staff does not subscribe to the kind of thinking that all defensive woes against the run are resolved.  Right?  Please tell me they realize this is a new game that requires a new game plan based upon their advanced understanding when reviewing film.

The difference is that those two guys didn't have a QB who could throw over the top. Can we stack it and play press coverage against the Pats? I think we'll try. Not sure how successful it will be.

Remember 06 when we stopped two running teams in the playoffs. But the title game, which I still get goosebumps watching, was completely different? Isn't this eerily similar? Except we're a bigger dog and they're at home.

Actually think that could work....if it wasn't for Gronkenstein. Brady throwing deep isn't exactly a sure thing.

Actually, a Gray was given an additional 2 yards, so it was 201 yards. However, it is hardly the same defense. I'm not sure how the game will play out, but the Colts defense has been playing better of late.

Who are you afraid of on the outside for the Pats? We will see. The X factor will be how we handle Gronk in my opinion. I think the D is better than people think we will see come Sunday

Slow your roll....The D has played better assignment football the past two games. Let's sees if they can get off the field on 3rd down and hold the Pats to FGs and not TDs in the Red Zone. Both the Bengals and Broncos should have run more IMO

Read my response to a previous poster.

Your first point is correct, but point number 2 is irrelevant partly explained by your first point. Also, I trust that the coaches of both teams don't give a d... about what is said on a message board by fans.

It's not the same D we have Jones on two good ankles and we appear to be gelling at the right time. I think we win in NE

This is a response to your last several posts:

Can I please get some of the magic mushrooms you have?  I last had them in 1975, and I recognize that logic set.  So PLEASE, PLEASE, SEND ME SOME!

Your first point is correct, but point number 2 is irrelevant partly explained by your first point. Also, I trust that the coaches of both teams don't give a d... about what is said on a message board by fans.

My 2nd point was intended to contrast my first point, as I expected people to understand. AND, I am not stupid enough to think that coaches are that stupid. 

I think every game is a fresh start, you can't look at the results of a previous game as "proof" of the results of a coming game.

My comment was intended to make two points:

1) Whatever the Colts did to another team means nothing because this is a different game against a different team

2) If you want to say "The Colts have solved their defensive woes, and here's the proof", just consider what Jonas Gray did when the Colts played the Patriots.

I know this is just happy talk, and I know that the Colts coaching staff does not subscribe to the kind of thinking that all defensive woes against the run are resolved.  Right?  Please tell me they realize this is a new game that requires a new game plan based upon their advanced understanding when reviewing film.

Actually 1) could just easily apply to what Jonas Gray did considering MJD did the same several years back as many have done to Colts teams for years if you consider that C.J Anderson was supposed to as well but did'nt ,

2)  once again with Jonas Gray regardless of that game the Colts need to stop or vastly slow down the run  .  They have looked pretty good but solved maybe not yet we'll see sunday night ..  A Colts Win will tell the tale .

I would say the defense is playing like the 2006 Colts who sucked in the regular season & turned it on in the playoffs all the way to the SB & it is fun to watch .

Basicly you should just reread what you wrote I could'nt say it any better ..

I think every game is a fresh start, you can't look at the results of a previous game as "proof" of the results of a me

Wasn't the Pats the worst team in the NFL trying to go over the top ?

Wasn't the Pats the worst team in the NFL trying to go over the top ?

Are you asking or telling? I don't know. But I'd say Brady still has a better arm than Dalton or Peyton right now.

The good thing about Lafell is that he normally doesn't do well against press coverage.

I think a healthy Freeman and Art Jones will go a long way in help stopping the run this time around. No more Sports Illustrated covers for Pats RB's. Also, as much as DQ lacks in coverage, he's been really good against the run as of late. 

Plus, if our O-Line plays like it has been playing the last few games, the Pats D is actually going to have to respect the Colts running game. 

I'm curious to see how our Def. responds to being punched in the mouth. That hasn't really happened in the previous two games. It is likely to happen this game and the key is how we respond IMO......can't get rattled and have to stay true to our assignments and intensity.

The Pats our excellent at this as seen against Baltimore. The only exception is the KC game.

The Colts need to do the punching.

With no Arthur Jones in the lineup.  No Landry in the lineup (second leading tackler in the Denver game).  And a banged up Jackson who eventually left the NE game.