Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BOOM!

Smonroe

Best news is he didn't fumble, but 2.8 yads per attempt is what most were complaining about as TERRIBLE when TRich had those averages, but with Boom, everyone thinks he is a hero...... Interesting.

Excellent point. They never used trent the the way they used everyone else.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we cant run up the gut with this o-line, boom 2.7 ypc. this combo on the o-line is pass blocking very good and we can find ways to live without run blocking, pitch outs and short passes to the rbs will work, pass blocking is what is important for us. any rb we have can do the short pass and pitchout thing if boom is hurt, no rb we could get could run up the gut and I would rather have the pass blocking line

Boom's YPC dropped drastically when we were just killing clock late in the game. I like the kid loved seeing him lined up out wide ran a nice little route Luck put the ball on him.

I really am interested in seeing Tipton get a little more touches. I have liked what I have seen from him. He seems to finish runs off and looks like he has an extra gear if he clears the second level.

At this point we need some depth but I would not waste an early pick on a RB someone late like Agnew from S Illinois or Hillard from LSU both could go undrafted. It is about the O Line anyway if you can open it up it isn't hard to find a guy to run through it.

Best news is he didn't fumble, but 2.8 yads per attempt is what most were complaining about as TERRIBLE when TRich had those averages, but with Boom, everyone thinks he is a hero...... Interesting.

In the games that Trent had averages like that, our other backs averaged 4.0 to 5.0.per carry. Denver has a very good defense and any yards our backs got yesterday were hard to come by, the fact that Herron was getting positive yards was keeping the defense honest. Had Trent played yesterday he would have struggled to average 1 yard per carry and would of had more carries for negative yards than positive. That is a very tough defense, had we not benched Trent, and were still alternating Boom and Trent every other possession, there is no chance we could have won. We scored the majority of our points this season, on the possessions that Trent was not featured.

Until he was benched we were conceding that we were not going to score any points every other possession. This is why all season I was saying that Trent was holding this team back. The coaching staff made the change and just in time for the playoffs. I would hate to have seen  what Trent would have averaged yesterday,  Boom was very effective yesterday giving us enough positive runs to present the threat of the run, and he took some real shots and kept on churning. Considering who we were playing and the way the game unfolded, I thought he had one hell of a tough performance

Props to my Buckeye buddy, he was a warrior today.

I hope he's okay, I won't be surprised if he has a separated shoulder.

Trent better be ready next week.

pagano said there was no injuries after the game so he should be alright. we'll know more on wednesday

Boom's got a lot of heart. I'll take that anyday!

Same here.   He doesn't have a huge contract like Trent either.   From what I've seen out of Trent in 3 years, he needs to go.    He makes too much money for what he brings to the table.

Boom's YPC dropped drastically when we were just killing clock late in the game. I like the kid loved seeing him lined up out wide ran a nice little route Luck put the ball on him.

I really am interested in seeing Tipton get a little more touches. I have liked what I have seen from him. He seems to finish runs off and looks like he has an extra gear if he clears the second level.

At this point we need some depth but I would not waste an early pick on a RB someone late like Agnew from S Illinois or Hillard from LSU both could go undrafted. It is about the O Line anyway if you can open it up it isn't hard to find a guy to run through it.

Couldn't agree more AK, good post.

I am truly confounded that there are still a decent number of people who believe that Trent is getting the short end of the stick here.
Yes Trent averaged the same YPC as Boom did in this last game.  But the Eye test, as stated earlier, is undeniable.  Trent seldom was the dynamic, abusive runner that people believed he would be out of college.  He wasn't a consistent chain mover.  He didn't punish guys.  He more often than not was dropped easily by the first defender who hit him and he never could bust out the long run.

Boom gives us a quick burst to the hole.  He is hard to take down.  He has shown that he can be elusive when catching passes out of the back field.

Trent does not give us anything on the field and he has shown that CONSISTENTLY.
You can't compare him to guys like Holmes who also was benched but maybe wasn't the right decision.
Trent has had three years to prove he is worthy of being a starting running back.  This year he has shown the coaches that even undrafted rookies like Tipton are more valuable.  

I think the Trent experiment is finally over.  

I am truly confounded that there are still a decent number of people who believe that Trent is getting the short end of the stick here.

Yes Trent averaged the same YPC as Boom did in this last game.  But the Eye test, as stated earlier, is undeniable.  Trent seldom was the dynamic, abusive runner that people believed he would be out of college.  He wasn't a consistent chain mover.  He didn't punish guys.  He more often than not was dropped easily by the first defender who hit him and he never could bust out the long run.

Boom gives us a quick burst to the hole.  He is hard to take down.  He has shown that he can be elusive when catching passes out of the back field.

Trent does not give us anything on the field and he has shown that CONSISTENTLY.

You can't compare him to guys like Holmes who also was benched but maybe wasn't the right decision.

Trent has had three years to prove he is worthy of being a starting running back.  This year he has shown the coaches that even undrafted rookies like Tipton are more valuable.  

I think the Trent experiment is finally over.  

I think people on this forum like typing BOOM! so much that his performance is exaggerated.

I agree!  Tipton looked good and Boom was awesome!  If we can stay on it defensively we should see more good action Sunday!

Boom is hungry and wants to prove he belongs on a team and on the field. Trent was handed his job this season and never has shown that he deserved to keep it.

How many teams go years and years without making it this far ? You wanna throw that away because you feel like Trent deserves another shot ? Will he deserve another shot next season ? Will he deserve a new contract ?

Boom will kill himself trying to do his part to win a Superbowl, because he knows that this may be his only shot as a starter, Trent doesn't have any motivation, he still thinks he's playing good football.

Boom has out played Trent, he moved his way up the depth chart, let the man who wants it more play.

At this point we need some depth but I would not waste an early pick on a RB someone late like Agnew from S Illinois or Hillard from LSU both could go undrafted. It is about the O Line anyway if you can open it up it isn't hard to find a guy to run through it.

Does this reasoning apply to TRich as well?

Disagree.  The B on the typewriter is in an awkward place.  Many more fun words to type.  

Everywhere one looks, except for here, he is called Dan or Daniel. The same folks were typing "BOOM!"  in the gameday thread every time he made a gain.  Why were they not typing "DAN!"?  I submit, madame prosecutor, that they Expend The Effort to Find the B key because they get a thrill out of typing "BOOM!"

I hope the coaches don't have the same predeliction for saying "BOOM!" into #12's ear on Sunday.

GO COLTS!

Everywhere one looks, except for here, he is called Dan or Daniel. The same folks were typing "BOOM!"  in the gameday thread every time he made a gain.  Why were they not typing "DAN!"?  I submit, madame prosecutor, that they Expend The Effort to Find the B key because they get a thrill out of typing "BOOM!"

I hope the coaches don't have the same predeliction for saying "BOOM!" into #12's ear on Sunday.

GO COLTS!

I tested your theory, counselor and I would submit although Boom is much more fun to say, Dan is quicker and more fun to type. So it is my estimation that the good citizens on the forum simply haven't typed Dan enough to feel the pure joy of the key strokes. Respectfully submitted, Radiogirl.

GO COLTS!

My buddies back in Warren were yelling Boom! before you ever heard of him. We were yelling Boom! when he was the featured back at THE. I'm happy to yell Boom! now that he's a Colt.

So, he's NOT called Daniel everywhere you look unless you're looking in places that don't know him.

I'll continue to yell Boom! Sorry if it bothers you.

Go Buckeyes!

GO COLTS!

What RB would want to be called "Dan" instead of "BOOM"?

My buddies back in Warren were yelling Boom! before you ever heard of him. We were yelling Boom! when he was the featured back at THE. I'm happy to yell Boom! now that he's a Colt.

So, he's NOT called Daniel everywhere you look unless you're looking in places that don't know him.

I'll continue to yell Boom! Sorry if it bothers you.

Go Buckeyes!

Do you and your frat brothers have to chug a beer every time you shout or type BOOM!?

GO COLTS!

I'm not sure where you are looking, but I rarely see him referred to as Dan.    Even during the games he is referred to as Boom more than Dan.   Mostly Herron though.    It's been his nickname at least since his Ohio State days.    Why would we call him Dan?   

Trent makes millions more than Boom, but has a 3.3 yards per carry vs 4.5 for Herron.   They were both drafted by former teams in 2012.  

I say the Colts dump Trents and his salary and go with Boom, Tipton or whoever else they find.  

I'm not sure where you are looking, but I rarely see him referred to as Dan.    Even during the games he is referred to as Boom more than Dan.   Mostly Herron though.    It's been his nickname at least since his Ohio State days.    Why would we call him Dan?   

Trent makes millions more than Boom, but has a 3.3 yards per carry vs 4.5 for Herron.   They were both drafted by former teams in 2012.  

I say the Colts dump Trents and his salary and go with Boom, Tipton or whoever else they find.

From the Indy Star (because apparently this is important to someone):

Question: The first thing people likely want to know about you is where your nickname comes from (his actual first name is Daniel). So, please tell me.

Answer: Well, there's so many different versions of the story. But the story that I know is this: in youth football, I was playing on the older team when I really was supposed to be little team. But I was always that guy who loved contact. Back in the day, I didn't really have a lot of moves. I just tried to run everybody over. In the open field, I just looked for contact. So, everybody just started calling me "Boom." I didn't look for a juke move or anything.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 14, 2015 - Inappropriate
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 14, 2015 - Inappropriate

I tested your theory, counselor and I would submit although Boom is much more fun to say, Dan is quicker and more fun to type. So it is my estimation that the good citizens on the forum simply haven't typed Dan enough to feel the pure joy of the key strokes. Respectfully submitted, Radiogirl.

Awesome attitude radiogirl.  You're the ONLY girl who I have verified as an actual girl.  Every other poster who claims they are  girl is like my nephew, sitting in his tightie whities and posting from his mom's basement.  You're the ONLY girl on this forum who is not an overweight loser dude who poses as a person with YY chromosones.

I will buy you a drink at Splitsville if you ever show up. Even if you bring your LOSER Colts boyfriend!

Boom? More like bum .. Richerson would of done the same

Dan Herron              78 ATT 351 Yards 4.5 YAC 1 TD

Trent Richardson 159 ATT 519 Yards  3.3 YAC 3 TD

Really??

Just off these stats alone Boom would have 702 Yards if him and Trent had the same attempts. Hell I think he would have more yards if you ask me. 

But it's ok Trent better luck with your new team next season.  :highfive2:

Posted · Hidden by Superman, January 14, 2015 - inflammatory
Hidden by Superman, January 14, 2015 - inflammatory

Dan Herron              78 ATT 351 Yards 4.5 YAC 1 TD

Trent Richardson 159 ATT 519 Yards  3.3 YAC 3 TD

Really??

Just off these stats alone Boom would have 702 Yards if him and Trent had the same attempts. Hell I think he would have more yards if you ask me. 

But it's ok Trent better luck with your new team next season.  :highfive2:

I call you out on chugging a beer whenever you type "BOOM!"

You have know why this is.... it's because many people on this board have a double standard. If they don't like player A and he's does X then it's bad. If they like player B and he does X then it's good.

Has boom been averaging under 3 ypc for over two years?

That was the worst game boom had. He averaged over 5 ypc in the previous games. Not sure how that's a "double standard"