Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerry Hughes

He has already stated that he won't give the Bills a hometown discount, and he is open to signing to a new team.

Hughes has averaged 10.0 sacks and 40 quarterback hurries over the past two years numbers that place him right underneath the elite pass rushers in the NFL

The question is, would you be interested in the Colts signing him?

jerry hughes when he was a colt what else

That can't be what you're talking about.

He was a non-factor and mostly ineffective in his first two years, when he was a 4-3 DE. He actually became a contributing member of the defense when we switched him to a 3-4 OLB. He didn't fail, he actually played better.

He was a non-factor and mostly ineffective in his first two years, when he was a 4-3 DE. He actually became a contributing member of the defense when we switched him to a 3-4 OLB. He didn't fail, he actually played better.

Yeah they have it switched up I think..... Still not worth bringing back and he wouldn't want to come back anyway. haha

Thats all true and you can add to it DW says no way the Colts sign him to a free agent contract.

Anyway , Grigson is a wheeler and dealer , so he's doing to win some and lose some. So far two pretty stinky ones in the TR and Hughes deals. He had a major win in Vonte Davis deal and some really good cheap finds .. Freeman being by far the best. 

He has already stated that he won't give the Bills a hometown discount, and he is open to signing to a new team.

Hughes has averaged 10.0 sacks and 40 quarterback hurries over the past two years numbers that place him right underneath the elite pass rushers in the NFL

The question is, would you be interested in the Colts signing him?

lmao NOOOOOOOOOOO

I feel bad for Jerry because I don't think he ever had the opportunity to shine, playing behind Mathis and Freeney. If he can play as a 3-4 OLB then I'd be for giving him a shot.

He took some shots at the Colts when he joined the Bills. I doubt he'd be interested in coming back and I doubt the Colts would have any interest in having him back.

Thats all true and you can add to it DW says no way the Colts sign him to a free agent contract.

Anyway , Grigson is a wheeler and dealer , so he's doing to win some and lose some. So far two pretty stinky ones in the TR and Hughes deals. He had a major win in Vonte Davis deal and some really good cheap finds .. Freeman being by far the best. 

Yeah, it's not happening. He's very much not on the list.

As for the trade, I wonder, given Hughes attitude since he was traded, if there was something else behind the scenes that prompted the trade to begin with. Either way, it didn't turn out very well for us.

Yeah, it's not happening. He's very much not on the list.

As for the trade, I wonder, given Hughes attitude since he was traded, if there was something else behind the scenes that prompted the trade to begin with. Either way, it didn't turn out very well for us.

Just really hard to say what prompted that trade. I guess it could be said we had a little bit of need at ILB and Mathis (age wise) projected to be still very good through the Hughes contract. 

Just really hard to say what prompted that trade. I guess it could be said we had a little bit of need at ILB and Mathis (age wise) projected to be still very good through the Hughes contract. 

Yeah, I could make up scenarios, but it's purely conjecture. Oh well, just not a good deal for us. The Bills got quite a bit of production from him, production we sorely needed these past two seasons. 

Jerry Hughes was garbage for us. Teams like to swap struggling guys who were thought to have a high potential hoping that they might thrive in a new environment. Hughes thrived, Sheppard did not.

Yeah, I could make up scenarios, but it's purely conjecture. Oh well, just not a good deal for us. The Bills got quite a bit of production from him, production we sorely needed these past two seasons. 

Yeah but would we have ever seen that type of production if he had stayed here?

Jerry Hughes was garbage for us. Teams will trade lower tier guys hoping that they might thrive in a new environment. Hughes thrived, Sheppard did not.

I think garbage might be a little too severe. No doubt he played poorly (hardly played) his first 2 years. I thought he was much better his 3rd year but never did I imagine he would that good with Buffalo. But yeah... ya win some and you lose some. I didn't think was a big deal then and that's why I'm not "moaning and groaning" now. 

We wont sign him, but his last year with us he made some big strides and showed improvement in the new 3-4 scheme. He didn't do anything in the 4-3 scheme. So I think he would have turned into the beast he is now with us if we hadn't traded him. He and Mathis would have been a spectacular duo. Nothing else to say except very bad trade by Grigson.

Not realistic I think, Great talent though and fits our system. I wouldn't dismiss it from happening 100% but I think there is probably 95% chance it wont happen, I also think the reason he was traded had nothing to do with his play but I think (and this is just my opinion) he might have been more of a hot head then what we saw on the field (and we did see some of that on the field)