Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Is Our Quarterback...enuff Said

bap1331

The argument ends here. Luck will stay on the bench until Peyton says, "k, im done". After he wins us more super bowls. Who cares what anyone who isnt a Colt fan says? Let the media talk. Moderators please put a sticky on this topic to remind everyone! :D

Peyton currently is not playing, our quarterback right now is Dan Orlovsky, which is scary to think. Because if we don't pick Luck in the draft and the worst case scenario is Peyton has to retire due to his injury we blow a pick on some some defensive linemen or receiver or something and once again go 0-16 next season with the same stable of poor, embarrassing quarterbacks.

And then you look back on the 2012 draft 15 years from now and shake your head knowing you could have had the highest rated QB since Elway, but you chose not too for some completely asinine reason. That's how people lose jobs and lose a fan base.

Peyton currently is not playing, our quarterback right now is Dan Orlovsky, which is scary to think. Because if we don't pick Luck in the draft and the worst case scenario is Peyton has to retire due to his injury we blow a pick on some some defensive linemen or receiver or something and once again go 0-16 next season with the same stable of poor, embarrassing quarterbacks.

And then you look back on the 2012 draft 15 years from now and shake your head knowing you could have had the highest rated QB since Elway, but you chose not too for some completely asinine reason. That's how people lose jobs and lose a fan base.

Why does the popular opinion seem to be that either they draft Luck or nothing? There are many other quarterbacks in this draft class that would be more than adequate to come here and sit behind Peyton. And if Peyton does retire (knock on wood), there's no reason to think we won't pick a quarterback in some round, be it 1st or otherwise, in the draft.

Luck, Barkley, Griffin - whoever. I'm sure they'll draft some quarterback. We'll just have to wait and see who it is.

Why does the popular opinion seem to be that either they draft Luck or nothing? There are many other quarterbacks in this draft class that would be more than adequate to come here and sit behind Peyton. And if Peyton does retire (knock on wood), there's no reason to think we won't pick a quarterback in some round, be it 1st or otherwise, in the draft.

Luck, Barkley, Griffin - whoever. I'm sure they'll draft some quarterback. We'll just have to wait and see who it is.

QFT!!!

IMO, there is just something about Luck that screams "Mediocre NFL QB".

Don't ask me why. I just have a feeling.

Just like a majority of posters on here have a "feeling" that Luck will be the next best thing since velcro and sliced bread...

Thanks CollieFangirl :thanks: One of the few post lately that makes good sense and very well could happen. We will certainly get a QB in this draft but no one knows who it will be at this time. Time will tell. See ya Sunday in the chat. :D

They might be more than adequate, but none are at the level luck is. With all the hype surrounding him (which he has earned) it would be foolish not to draft him. It's one of those things where if we skip on drafting him and he becomes great, the colts as an organization look like * for passing on him. His ceiling is higher than the others and that's what makes it draft luck or nothing basically. We'd be ridiculed to the point where it might be one of the worst things we've done since having to trade Elway away. Passing on such a prospect is something that is just not seen very much. Yes there are a few prospects in the past that are hyped up alot as well and some of them have become bust, but if you see how people are describing luck as a person as well as a player it's just impossible to say "We're passing on Andrew Luck for X person." I'm sure out of Luck, Barkley and Griffin that atleast 2 of them will have a successful career, but Luck's potential to have a Legendary career is what makes it a "Luck or nothing" draft.

They might be more than adequate, but none are at the level luck is. With all the hype surrounding him (which he has earned) it would be foolish not to draft him. It's one of those things where if we skip on drafting him and he becomes great, the colts as an organization look like * for passing on him. His ceiling is higher than the others and that's what makes it draft luck or nothing basically. We'd be ridiculed to the point where it might be one of the worst things we've done since having to trade Elway away. Passing on such a prospect is something that is just not seen very much. Yes there are a few prospects in the past that are hyped up alot as well and some of them have become bust, but if you see how people are describing luck as a person as well as a player it's just impossible to say "We're passing on Andrew Luck for X person." I'm sure out of Luck, Barkley and Griffin that atleast 2 of them will have a successful career, but Luck's potential to have a Legendary career is what makes it a "Luck or nothing" draft.

If Luck is so much better than any QB in the draft, I wonder why RGIII is winning the Heisman over luck running away?

If Luck is so much better than any QB in the draft, I wonder why RGIII is winning the Heisman over luck running away?

Because we base everything off one season? So with Tim Tebow winning games for the Broncos with all the scrutiny in the world, does that make him the run away for MVP? With Case Keenum having a record setting season shouldn't he be in the heisman race? Shouldn't Matt Barkley as well be in it for his amazing season? One season doesn't make RGIII better than Luck. This season definitely made his draft stock go from 3rd/4th round to 1st/2nd round, but it doesn't make him better than Luck.

The argument ends here. Luck will stay on the bench until Peyton says, "k, im done". After he wins us more super bowls. Who cares what anyone who isnt a Colt fan says? Let the media talk. Moderators please put a sticky on this topic to remind everyone! :D

I don't think many people question that Manning will be the starter if both are here next year and both are healthy. The question is will both be here next year and will Manning be healthy.

With that said I heard today on the radio that Luck pretty much said he knows he can learn rather he sits or plays which tells me he's okay with sitting. Manning doesn't really have a choice as to if he'll be here next year or not it's the Colts choice and earlier this week it was being reported that Irsay wants Luck and Manning here next year which tells me the Colts plan on keeping Manning. The question is now will Manning be healthy? The good news is that things are going in the right direction there but Manning isn't out of the woods yet.

If everythng goes well and Manning is here healthy and Luck is our first draft pick I don't think it's ever been a question of which one will start. It will be Manning.

Because we base everything off one season? So with Tim Tebow winning games for the Broncos with all the scrutiny in the world, does that make him the run away for MVP? With Case Keenum having a record setting season shouldn't he be in the heisman race? Shouldn't Matt Barkley as well be in it for his amazing season? One season doesn't make RGIII better than Luck. This season definitely made his draft stock go from 3rd/4th round to 1st/2nd round, but it doesn't make him better than Luck.

Good post! Fans are way to reactionary, just like the media is. Exactly the reason why fans aren't qualified to make educated decisions. Why people would want to pass up the best prospect for a mediocre one is beyond me. Makes no sense what so ever!

Worth reminding people that Charlies Woodson won the Heisman over Peyton Manning. Not that Woodson hasn't been a very good player but he has never been in the talk for maybe the greatest player of all time like Peyton Manning has and he has never won the league MVP award once let alone four times like Manning has. Just because someone wins the Heisman doesn't make them a better player in the NFL.

Now with that said I've heard a lot of people saying there reason RGIII is going to win the Heisman is that simply Luck suffered from sky high expectations this year while RGIII has more room to improve in peoples minds this season. IE if Luck was perfect that is what people expected if he was anything else the question was what was wrong with him? They also said people didn't see RGIII nearly as much as Luck and said that they pretty much would see RGIII high lights and of course you look good in high lights. WIth that said, RGIII is one heck of a player and I think is going to be a good player in the NFL and you can make a very strong case RGIII has earned the Heisman if he wins it tonight. Still if he does just because he does not mean he should be a high draft pick just because of that. There is an extremely long list of people who have won the Heisman who were very late draft picks and did not do much at the NFL level at all.

The heisman is stupid anyways. Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Toretta, all QB's that won the heisman trophy as well and every single one of them sucked or currently suck in the NFL. So who cares who wins it?

If the Colts pass on Luck, it will be in a trade for multiple picks, not one blown pick. They probably will take Luck unless there are strong indications PM is close to 100%. 15 years from now, you may be shaking your head that the Colts gave up on the greatest QB of all time, for an overhyped bust who has been out of the league for 12 years while Peyton has gone on to win 2 more titles with his new team. The Colts will lose much of their out-of-state fan base if Peyton leaves. My scenario is just as likely as yours.

i bet you that if this guys name wasnt Luck, he probably wouldnt even be in consideration.

Luck=Colts Horseshoe

Hes good but we dont know how its going to transfer to the NFL. He needs the proper coaching staff. If he ends up for the Redskins, he probably will be a failure. No one successful has come out the Redskins since the early 90's.

The heisman is stupid anyways. Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, Charlie Ward, Gino Toretta, all QB's that won the heisman trophy as well and every single one of them sucked or currently suck in the NFL. So who cares who wins it?

yea no....anyways Luck isnt on top for the Heisman. Hes least likely to get it according to the so called "experts".

Didnt Reggie Bush get it too btw? I hope he gets it so we know he will be a bust and solve the whole QB Controversy. lol

yea no....anyways Luck isnt on top for the Heisman. Hes least likely to get it according to the so called "experts".

Didnt Reggie Bush get it too btw? I hope he gets it so we know he will be a bust and solve the whole QB Controversy. lol

Yes, but they took it away and it led to USC sanctions.

Yeah, since this is fact because you say it is... we'll go 0-16 because we didn't draft Luck. Not realistic at all.

Worth reminding people that Charlies Woodson won the Heisman over Peyton Manning. Not that Woodson hasn't been a very good player but he has never been in the talk for maybe the greatest player of all time like Peyton Manning has and he has never won the league MVP award once let alone four times like Manning has. Just because someone wins the Heisman doesn't make them a better player in the NFL.

QFT. I am actually hoping Luck doesn't win the Heisman as quite a few Heisman quarterbacks bust out (see Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, Andre Ware, and Gino Torretta). If Luck doesn't win it, I'd actually feel better about his potential NFL future. He'd be in better company.

I agree if we hav the #1 pick which it looks like were safe at this point to have it we pick Luck then we go out and pick bigger DL iwith our later picks.

QFT. I am actually hoping Luck doesn't win the Heisman as quite a few Heisman quarterbacks bust out (see Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, Andre Ware, and Gino Torretta). If Luck doesn't win it, I'd actually feel better about his potential NFL future. He'd be in better company.

In fairness Ward was only a bust because he choose to go play in the NBA rather than the NFL but your point is more than made with the rest of that list.

He would have never survived the NFL with his thin frame/style... He made a decision because the NFL wasn't an option.

A lot of that is hard to say because he never did play in the NFL. Teams did have interest in Ward but Ward made it very well known he wouldn't play in the NFL unless he was a first round pick and teams were scared to take a guy who they weren't sure if he was going to go play in the NBA or not. He did have draft interest. How he would have preformed at the NFL level remains to be seen. You could very well be right he might not have held up due to his size but we don't know because he never played in the NFL.

Either way my point was he wasn't a bust like the others in terms of his performance on the field he was a bust because he played in the NBA. Not exactly the samething.

A lot of that is hard to say because he never did play in the NFL. Teams did have interest in Ward but Ward made it very well known he wouldn't play in the NFL unless he was a first round pick and teams were scared to take a guy who they weren't sure if he was going to go play in the NBA or not. He did have draft interest. How he would have preformed at the NFL level remains to be seen. You could very well be right he might not have held up due to his size but we don't know because he never played in the NFL.

Either way my point was he wasn't a bust like the others in terms of his performance on the field he was a bust because he played in the NBA. Not exactly the samething.

No he can't be a bust like the others since he didn't play. I believe he would have if he would have played, but he had options and in my opinion he chose the best one.