Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Who's Hoping That Dan-O And P-Money Win Us The Last 4 Games?

mightisright

1. We actually get some good football in this season! yeah!

2. We don't have to spend the next 3 months agonizing over Luck or no Luck! yeah!

(I mean, really, how many times have you already had the same conversation trying to argue your point of view, whatever camp you fall in??? How much more of this do you really want to suffer through?)

3. Peyton comes back for the last game and wins it for us! Reminds everybody why he's still here in Indy We get to see him play at least once this year.

Yeah, I know, I'm about to get lynched out of town but the funny thought occurred to me and I just thought it would be hilarious enough to enrage everyone in both camps! And then I couldn't stop snickering.......

Still can't root for the colts to lose. And I do hope we get the pick and trade it for a king's ransom. But BP never trades picks. So in some ways I do think it would be better if we just avoided the Luck dilemna all together!

I'll take my beating now....

I THINK winning a couple games and not having the #1 pick would help us. Cause Irsay is hellbent o have Luck and manning according to John Clayton

Which means that is coming from Polian if you believe the local media.

I know people keep saying other people hold the cards here but really the Colts do. Manning can ask for a trade or a release but the Colts don't have to give it to him they can just pick up his option and Manning is pretty much stuck. Then the only thing Manning can do is hold out but I don't see Manning doing that.

As for Luck I saw someone posting something the other day that under the CBA it is much harder for a player to hold out or force a trade when they are the first draft pick. Frankly the best card Luck would have to play would be going back to school but that doesn't sound like something he is going to do.

Which means that is coming from Polian if you believe the local media.

I know people keep saying other people hold the cards here but really the Colts do. Manning can ask for a trade or a release but the Colts don't have to give it to him they can just pick up his option and Manning is pretty much stuck. Then the only thing Manning can do is hold out but I don't see Manning doing that.

As for Luck I saw someone posting something the other day that under the CBA it is much harder for a player to hold out or force a trade when they are the first draft pick. Frankly the best card Luck would have to play would be going back to school but that doesn't sound like something he is going to do.

I think if we draft Luck it becomes Mannings mission to keep him on the bench for the next 5 seasons. Manning doesn't need to hold out, he just needs to outplay Luck the rookie (easy if Manning's healthy), and then Luck the benchwarmer every year thereafter until either Mannings skills fade, he gets hurt, or Lucks contract runs out.

I think if we draft Luck it becomes Mannings mission to keep him on the bench for the next 5 seasons. Manning doesn't need to hold out, he just needs to outplay Luck the rookie (easy if Manning's healthy), and then Luck the benchwarmer every year thereafter until either Mannings skills fade, he gets hurt, or Lucks contract runs out.

Next Four years at most, Manning signed a five year deal this year counts even if Manning doesn't play.

My point was Manning just can't simply go to the Colts and say I want to leave. The Colts have to agree to it.

Next Four years at most, Manning signed a five year deal this year counts even if Manning doesn't play.

My point was Manning just can't simply go to the Colts and say I want to leave. The Colts have to agree to it.

Agreed, though my point is that I don't think he'll have any need/desire to leave if we draft Luck since he maintains the starting job just by doing his thing. Unless he's completely lost it I just can't see the fans clamoring for Luck the way they often do in other cities for #1 picks.

We arent drafting Luck, this became even mor clear when Archie did his 180, because Colts brass got annoyed because they need to keep up a charade of possibly picking him to up the trade avlue, I cant understand why people dont get this because it is pretty basic. Colts are trading Luck,Colts are pretnding they are interested,nuff said.

We arent drafting Luck, this became even mor clear when Archie did his 180, because Colts brass got annoyed because they need to keep up a charade of possibly picking him to up the trade avlue, I cant understand why people dont get this because it is pretty basic. Colts are trading Luck,Colts are pretnding they are interested,nuff said.

yea! Hope you're right, though I doubt it.

I THINK winning a couple games and not having the #1 pick would help us. Cause Irsay is hellbent o have Luck and manning according to John Clayton

Personally, I would feel better about the Colts not having to deal with the problems associated with having the number 1 pick.

I kind of get that feeling as well, there was also that whole Polian saying Manning was ok with drafting Luck, which turned out that that convo never happened. I think/hope they are just blowing smoke to raise the value.

Well,

the team with Orlowsky has shown promising signs. Perhaps 1 or 2 wins are ahead out of 4 remaining game. Manning won't return this season.

#1 pick isn't in danger, so get prepared for one of Manning-Luck, Manning-Orlowsky, Luck-Orlowsky or even Manning-Luck-Orlowsky triangle combinations.

Orlowsky's production in last 4 games may stir things up well IMO.

I've got a question, Are most of you here around 7 or 8 yrs. old? Seriously, it just seems like logic and common sense have passed most of you by or hasn't quite developed yet. Manning isn't playing this yr. I don't know how much more obvious it could be and unless half the players on the rest of the teams we have left to play all have strokes, then the Colts aren't winning out.

Agreed, though my point is that I don't think he'll have any need/desire to leave if we draft Luck since he maintains the starting job just by doing his thing. Unless he's completely lost it I just can't see the fans clamoring for Luck the way they often do in other cities for #1 picks.

True but with the news that Manning can't play at all this year throws even another wrench in this situation. Now we have the unknown on Mannings health and probably won't know before the draft either. I believe that Mr. Irsay has enough respect for Peyton that if he wishes to be traded or released if they draft Luck that he will do so. WHAT A MESS!

True but with the news that Manning can't play at all this year throws even another wrench in this situation. Now we have the unknown on Mannings health and probably won't know before the draft either. I believe that Mr. Irsay has enough respect for Peyton that if he wishes to be traded or released if they draft Luck that he will do so. WHAT A MESS!

Be cool..

Mr Irsay said that he dosen't think Manning will be able to play at all will play this year.

and then..in the next sentence..he said..that nobody knows...

He didnt say anything

I've got a question, Are most of you here around 7 or 8 yrs. old? Seriously, it just seems like logic and common sense have passed most of you by or hasn't quite developed yet. Manning isn't playing this yr. I don't know how much more obvious it could be and unless half the players on the rest of the teams we have left to play all have strokes, then the Colts aren't winning out.

ya remember how I said "Yeah, I know, I'm about to get lynched out of town but the funny thought occurred to me and I just thought it would be hilarious enough to enrage everyone in both camps! And then I couldn't stop snickering......." I never said I thought it would happen! I just thought it would be the perfect joke on everyone if the management scews up our chances to go 0 or 1-16 and get luck after messing up our chances for the other "perfect season." If you want logic or common sense, actually read the post before you start insulting people. That would make sense.

1. We actually get some good football in this season! yeah!

2. We don't have to spend the next 3 months agonizing over Luck or no Luck! yeah!

(I mean, really, how many times have you already had the same conversation trying to argue your point of view, whatever camp you fall in??? How much more of this do you really want to suffer through?)

3. Peyton comes back for the last game and wins it for us! Reminds everybody why he's still here in Indy We get to see him play at least once this year.

Yeah, I know, I'm about to get lynched out of town but the funny thought occurred to me and I just thought it would be hilarious enough to enrage everyone in both camps! And then I couldn't stop snickering.......

Still can't root for the colts to lose. And I do hope we get the pick and trade it for a king's ransom. But BP never trades picks. So in some ways I do think it would be better if we just avoided the Luck dilemna all together!

I'll take my beating now....

Mod Edit and want's there team to fail going forward.

I mean seriously what if Manning never plays again? Are you ready for another year of Painter?

Mod Edit and want's there team to fail going forward.

I mean seriously what if Manning never plays again? Are you ready for another year of Painter?

Not sure what you meant to say because of the edit, but why do we have to get the #1 draft pick OR stick with Painter? Luck's the ONLY guy in the draft that can play quarterback? wow, good to know....

Not sure what you meant to say because of the edit, but why do we have to get the #1 draft pick OR stick with Painter? Luck's the ONLY guy in the draft that can play quarterback? wow, good to know....

I'd rather go wit hthe odds and take the best chance to have a franchise QB than to end up with someone like Chad Pennington.....

also my "Mod Edit" said something along the lines that people were dumb for wanting to win out and that they had no interest in this team going back to it's glory days of winning 12 games a season..... hey MODS just because you don't agree doesn't mean you can edit my posts...

I personally hope we win every game. Picks or no picks I want to see my team win.

If someone told you that all you had to endure was one 0-16 season and you would win 12 games for the next 10 years would you take it? Or would you rather take that 4-12 and win 8-9 games for the next 10 years? Now i'm not implying that any of this is going to happen, it's purely hypothetical, however Odds suggest that 0-16 has the potential for the best reward.

also my "Mod Edit" said something along the lines that people were dumb for wanting to win out and that they had no interest in this team going back to it's glory days of winning 12 games a season..... hey MODS just because you don't agree doesn't mean you can edit my posts...

Your post was edited because it was a personal attack in the form of saying someone would have to be a fool to believe the way they did. It was not edited because of a disagreement with your statement but in the way you stated it. If you had replied in the way you implied you had it would have been left alone. If you wish to discuss this further please send me a pm, although I think it is clearly stated in the forum rules.

If someone told you that all you had to endure was one 0-16 season and you would win 12 games for the next 10 years would you take it? Or would you rather take that 4-12 and win 8-9 games for the next 10 years? Now i'm not implying that any of this is going to happen, it's purely hypothetical, however Odds suggest that 0-16 has the potential for the best reward.

I don't see this as an either/or. People thinking that if we don't draft Andrew is going to make this team the worst in the NFL for the next decade is not a belief I share. Yes he may be the best out there right now in the view of some, but he is also not the only one out there and there are many factors that go into making a great NFL team. I don't see him as the savior of everything is all I am saying.

I would hate to go 0-16, would hate to be considered in the same group as the 08 Lions and the 76 Bucs. Would like to win every week, but that's unrealistic, so I'm hoping for one, and I have a feeling we'll win this week...