Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Who's Hoping That Dan-O And P-Money Win Us The Last 4 Games?

mightisright

I would hate to go 0-16, would hate to be considered in the same group as the 08 Lions and the 76 Bucs. Would like to win every week, but that's unrealistic, so I'm hoping for one, and I have a feeling we'll win this week...

But don't we deserve it? I mean honestly.. This team looks worse than the 08 Lions.

Imagine the pressure/motivation that Dan Orlovsky must be experiencing right now. His previous stint at QB with the only 0-16 team to date must be a huge albatross around his neck, now made larger by the "opportunity" he has been presented with by the Colts. If he fails to stop another slide to 0-16 his second time around, he is destined to suffer ridicule on every sports trivia game for all eternity.

Imagine the pressure/motivation that Dan Orlovsky must be experiencing right now. His previous stint at QB with the only 0-16 team to date must be a huge albatross around his neck, now made larger by the "opportunity" he has been presented with by the Colts. If he fails to stop another slide to 0-16 his second time around, he is destined to suffer ridicule on every sports trivia game for all eternity.

yeah, nobody deserves that. But maybe it'll motivate him to pull out all the stops tomorrow.

This is the problem with forums, there are so many arrogant jerks who think they know everything. It's really kind of pathetic to read some of these comments...

Then don't...

There is no law that says you HAVE to read everything posted here. If you don't like some posters just put them on ignore rather than insult them because you don't agree with their opinions.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, December 11, 2011 - Inciting
Hidden by Coltssouth, December 11, 2011 - Inciting

Then don't...

There is no law that says you HAVE to read everything posted here. If you don't like some posters just put them on ignore rather than insult them because you don't agree with their opinions.

You are clueless, and that's about as big of an insult that you'll get from me. The arrogant jerks are people who post things that basically call everyone stupid when you don't agree with them. I suggest you read other posts instead of running into illegitament conclusions...

And who uses ignore, that doesn't even make a difference. You end up going back to those same topics anyways...

A 0-16 season? No one deserves that. The Colts are good enough to beat the Jags, meaning that they should go at least 1-15.

OK, I don't understand this at all. How do they not deserve to be whatever their record is, whether that is 13-3, 12-4, or 0-16? The only record they truly didn't deserve was 14-2 but only because a very achievable 16-0 was stolen from them by their GM.

If they don't want to be 0-16 then they need to play better. Otherwise, they will have exactly the record they deserve to have.

At least one win would make this season so much more tolerable. I read something the other day about Miami (I think) starting off 0-13 not too long ago. I have absolutely no recollection. They didn't go winless, so it just blends in with all the other lousy seasons in history.

A 0-16 season? No one deserves that. The Colts are good enough to beat the Jags, meaning that they should go at least 1-15.

And the Titans looked beatable in the first game. And the Texans have some serious problems and may have their playoff position locked in. And both games will be at home. There are some other lousy teams out there, I'm still hopeful that the Colts can avoid the number one pick and all the nonsense that will go with it.

Watch, the Colts will draft second, the first team will pick someone else, and the Colts will have the same dilemma that they appear to have now, just with ten minutes to prepare for the decision rather than months. :P

As for Luck I saw someone posting something the other day that under the CBA it is much harder for a player to hold out or force a trade when they are the first draft pick.

I suspect that it wouldn't be an issue regardless. It's only happened twice that I'm aware of.

Elway had the very real threat of going to play baseball with the Yankees. That was the only reason that he was traded as far as I know. Otherwise it would have been "play for the Colts or give up your livelyhood".

And with Eli, it's hard to ignore the fact that the GM of the Giants was Ernie Accorsi - who was the GM of the Colts that had been victimized by Elway. I suspect that the Elway situation was on Accorsi's mind - making up for a career defining nightmare perhaps. The NY fans seemed to love it, but ironically in my opinion it was a lousy trade for the Giants. You have to wonder what exactly Eli would have done if the Chargers had taken him?

In other words, how much leverage does Luck really have? If he threatens to throw a tantrum until the Colts trade him he will only be diminishing his own value.