Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Shane is the head coach. He has evaluated all personnel, with his offensive and defensive coaching staff. Gus and his staff would have to give, within a degree of certainty, belief that Cross is ready to be the FS starter. If there were any hesitation, belief, or glaring concern otherwise Shane and Gus would have to go to Ballard and pressure him to fill that position.  Ballard would have the usual counter of wait for camp, bringing someone in now basically hampers Cross from ever panning out, sitting on the bench.    I think Ballard will do what he has in the past, he will bring in high potential, decent experience guys, with teams that have abundance of safety camp rosters at cut downs. As GM he has to have a list of potential releases he is targeting, or his staff isn't doing their jobs. Free Agent safety's were abundant this off season, just because some were signed doesn't mean they will automatically make the teams that scooped them up.
    • Agreed, that’s the thing about these stats is that the compilers have their own definitions.  We have to take all the data we can, and then use what our eyes tell us.   Our pressure may be 38% according to that site, but when you take out things like when the QB holds the ball too long, then its probably closer to that 19%, which is what I believe.     Me personally, I consider actual pressure when we hurry the QB within that 1-3 second drop back mark.  And honestly, 19% seems more plausible given my definition of pressure.  That’s why despite recording a team record high sacks, I still wasn’t a believer in our pass rush.   On my personal draft board for the first pick, I had Dallas Turner as one of the 5 I’d like for us to get (didn’t think Latu would drop to us, thought he was going to the Falcons probably).  Before and during the off-season, also wanted us to grab DE.  Seems the team saw what I saw as well. 
    • Because if they dont think his potential will be better than Sam why keep a worse player?  These guys went undrafted for a reason.  While you do find a gem once in a while, and that could happen here, it doesn’t happen very often.  
    • I think "the best" would have to include potential   If Sam is capped or his BEST is to be QB3..... FOR THIS YEAR, why not give someone else a try?  
  • Members