Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not impressed.  He's still not overwhelming in coverage or as a tackler.  Getting sacks when he runs through the line untouched doesn't really impress me

I agree, he needs to work on his coverage skills, but I've been saying they need to use his speed and power the right way... Blitzing!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Shhh, the more he is "overlooked" the better off Downs and the Colts will be.
    • Dude diving for that catch made a fan of me. 
    • He is superbly quick, nearly unguardable. A very high % as a extension of our run game. With the speed to wheel them over the top. The guy should perform as a 9/10 in our offense.    
    • I think PFF is useful for analyzing individual players. But if I want to analyze the team's pass rush performance, I don't want to know how many times the individual players pressured the QB; I want to know the number of plays we managed to pressure the opposing QB.    For example, the QB drops back 50 times in a game, and he's pressured 15 times, and sacked three times. Let's say each of those 15 plays where he's pressured, there are two defenders getting pressure. PFF would count that as 30 pressures for the defense, because they're acknowledging that two players got a pressure on one play. Same process if each sack was shared among two players; they'd count six sacks, even though the QB was only sacked on three plays.   And that's fine, because that's their focus. But I think that context needs to be acknowledged when we're talking about team performance. Because, as we know with our pass rush last year, we feasted against bad offenses, but there were too many situations where we failed to get pressure at all.    So I like to use PFR when talking about team performance, because their sack/pressure stats are on a per-play basis, rather than per-player. Both metrics can be used together, I just think PFR tells us 'the opposing QBs dropped back this many times, faced pressure on this many plays, and were sacked this many times.' And now we can clearly see how frequently the pass rush is affecting the QB. Or in the case of the 2023 Colts, how infrequently... 
  • Members

• PureLuck

PureLuck 274

• indyagent17

indyagent17 1,883

• krunk

krunk 8,453

• VikingsFanInChennai

VikingsFanInChennai 3,089

• RollerColt

RollerColt 12,790

• KB