Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our defense is absolutely horrible......

needanoline63

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense has been a huge disappointment tonight.

I think it's clear we're not as talented as we need to be when we face other elite teams.

When we play the lower level and mid-level teams,  our defense can do very, very well.

But against elite teams,  we get exposed.   We get worked.   

We've got a ways to go.

By the way,  our offense wasn't much better.    The o-line was also very disappointing tonight.

Well the fact is we DID hold the Bengals to 0 pts, and we have a winning record, so you can forgot about anyone being fired.

um Andy Dalton is just horrible though...

I wouldnt even count that. You cant have a team like this showing in the playoffs.

I think it's clear we're not as talented as we need to be when we face other elite teams.

When we play the lower level and mid-level teams,  our defense can do very, very well.

We've got a ways to go.

By the way,  our offense wasn't much better.    The o-line was also very disappointing tonight.

hard to say that when they beat all the elite teams last year when the defense was not nearly as talented as this year...

We've got a ways to go.

Well said. Both lines were manhandled. That was an old fashioned whipping up front. 

Well, lets be honest.  We padded our defensive record against some bad QBs and catching QBs on bad days.  I think what is so frustrating about watching our team vs Pats is that we make no adjustments.  They just keep doing the same thing over and over and over.  Meanwhile, the Pats change all the time.  I feel badly for Luck.  He has to throw on every play because they can't run or ever stop the other team.  And it is embarrassing that we are totally dominated by totally mediocre players in some spots.  I think it just shows the Patriots coaching and strategy is just that much better than everyone else.

It has all to do with strategy. The defense us talented but the strategy is just horrible!!!! I know many other DC's will find a way to find a talentless team into something!!!!

not this game defensive line getting dominated no chance no pass rush worst saftey combo in the nfl  defense has no talent . The defense has no pro bowlers beside davis its sad

I'm sick of people making excuses for this defense. They are horrible.

I just want to say that the safety situation is not good at all even with Adams making two picks tonight. Walden has been out for a few games, and it shows aside from a couple of pressures. They are bad all around.

hard to say that when they beat all the elite teams last year when the defense was not nearly as talented as this year...

What you do in the regular season and what you do in the playoffs are different animals.

We beat very good teams in the regular season last year -- WITH Robert Mathis.     We don't have him this year.

And that's a big weapon to lose.     We've overcome Mathis against poor and mid-level teams but not against top teams.   Brady was untouched for most of the game.

And our interior D-line and ILB's were ghosts.   Nonexistent.    New England may have run for 200 yards against us tonight?

We got a long way to go.....

One thing is certain. The Colts will suck it up and finally admit their mistake by releasing/trading Richardson once the season is over. 

Here we go again.  Another guy who seems to think that RBs get yards when 2-3 guys penetrate on every play. Do you ever watch the game?  Notice the difference between when the Pats ran and when we run?  Pats got some scrub playing like Jim Brown.  Because they block and execute.  Harrison had a bad day.  I dont know about that guy.  But ultimately, we had terrible strategy.

One thing is certain. The Colts will suck it up and finally admit their mistake by releasing/trading Richardson once the season is over. 

Why would you post this now?    We didn't lose tonight because of Trent Richardson.

I'm not expecting the Colts to cut Trent.   They need him and he's affordable.     I don't think Trent getting cut is anywhere near as certain as you seem to think.

In fact,  I have no idea why you'd think that....

Here we go again.  Another guy who seems to think that RBs get yards when 2-3 guys penetrate on every play. Do you ever watch the game?  Notice the difference between when the Pats ran and when we run?  Pats got some scrub playing like Jim Brown.  Because they block and execute.  Harrison had a bad day.  I dont know about that guy.  But ultimately, we had terrible strategy.

Belichick could put the guy selling popcorn in at RB and they'd block well for him. Their o-line is superior. Our o-line sucks and Trent is horrible/can't find holes. Good RBs find holes and cover up the blemishes of their weak o-line. Trent is NOT a good RB. He's not even decent.

Again, Trent isn't the only reason we lost, but he certainly didn't help. It would be different if he had 180yrds and 3tds on the night and we still lost. 

We've got a ways to go.

colts play with easy to middle of the road teams  when the big boys they lose.

Am i the only one that's noticing we let a average at best rb look like marshawn lynch... we lost today with the Patriots running 1...... yea that's it. . 1 play we couldn't stop it. . As for the offense there's actually nothing to say they came to play need to cut the drops down but they kept the game interesting. . Hard to win when we give up 200 yds on the ground. So everyone just get used to us putting some ps player that no one's heard of on the map with a pro bowl caliber performance, happens every year

Yea but Bethea wasnt being consistent and its why they let him go...

As for Mathis..idk. Hes huge...

had one bad year out of like 9 seasons and it was mostly from the colts puttin beathea in man coverage on guys llike kendall wright haha come on beathea is having a pro bowl year on of the best safties and the colts gifted him to the niners for dirt cheap then grigson signs a 35 year old saftey to replace him..... grigson always got rid of freeney for erik walden he is replacing hall of fammers with back ups its disgusting to watch