RockThatBlue

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His logic at first: Shrek isn't real

His logic later: they are old

I think that's all you need to know about Chris Simms' Swiss cheese reasoning

Not important.  Keep in mind he could be saying this simply to drive more clicks to his articles on Bleacher Report.  This isn't a major analyst, so it's not like people are hanging on his every word.  So for him to make ridiculous claims for the sake of getting more clicks, I could see it

He makes a compelling argument with merit. His argument doesn't have to do with numbers or what those players have done over the course of there careers like most peoples arguments consist of. His argument is of the here and now and there current abilities.....Not there abilities five or so years ago, From a physical standpoint he is on point with his belief.

Now everyone INTENTIONALLY misinterpret what he said to jump all over him

Bold statement but there is truth to what he said

He makes a compelling argument with merit. His argument doesn't have to do with numbers or what those players have done over the course of there careers like most peoples arguments consist of. His argument is of the here and now and there current abilities.....Not there abilities five or so years ago, From a physical standpoint he is on point with his belief.

Now everyone INTENTIONALLY misinterpret what he said to jump all over him

Bold statement but there is truth to what he said

I don't see where their physical abilities, Brady and Manning that is, are effecting their numbers though? Brady certainly had a rough start but has been the best QB in the game the last 5 games by the numbers and Manning of course had the best season of any QB just last year. So I don't get Simms point at all. It almost seems like he is wishing they would decline commiserate with their age. Sure they have lost some strength, Manning in particular, and Brady has never had a good deep ball save for 2007. The production is still there and certainly better than Wilson and Ben. What is his basis for putting either of those guys ahead of Brady and Manning because they are younger???

I don't see where their physical abilities, Brady and Manning that is, are effecting their numbers though? Brady certainly had a rough start but has been the best QB in the game the last 5 games by the numbers and Manning of course had the best season of any QB just last year. So I don't get Simms point at all. It almost seems like he is wishing they would decline commiserate with their age. Sure they have lost some strength, Manning in particular, and Brady has never had a good deep ball save for 2007. The production is still there and certainly better than Wilson and Ben. What is his basis for putting either of those guys ahead of Brady and Manning because they are younger???

From a physical standpoint (Nothing to do with stats) he is saying that there are QB's that have just passed them by......Roethliberger....Wilson....Luck for example......all true(and in actuality those other QB's I just named did not pass Manning or Brady by physically because neither Brady nor Manning had the physical talents of those others I named coming into the NFL anyway)....That's all he is saying........Doesn't really need to be said because Peyton and Tom never relied on arm strength to beat you like ya say......But whatever floats his boat....Actually makes this whole topic pointless

Now that I've heard it, I'm not offended by it.

I just don't happen to agree with it.

If he has Brady at 5 it's OK,  but if he has Brady at 6 or 7 he's crazy?     No. 

But there's no way I put Brady behind Wilson and Ben right now.

Ben is having a fabulous season,  but much of his success came in a two week window.    12 TD's and 0 Int's and I think nearly 900 yards in two games will distort a lot of things.

Brady is still in my top 5 and he's still in the top-5 of top NFL execs as well.

I think many don't understand what Simms said....I don't know why....Seemed pretty clear to me...It had NOTHING to do with numbers or achievements.....It had to do with physical ability RIGHT NOW......Seemed pretty clear :dunno:  :scratch:

For physical ability? I'll still take Rodgers 'everything and Manning/Brady's brains over other QB's any day of the week.

All the speed/mechanics in the world mean squat if you're a nitwit. Look at Geno Smith. The brain is the most important physical attribute. Without it nothing works.

What does Simms know about being a QB?

Simms' career stat line:

Comp Att Yards TDs Int

297    511  3,117 12  18

That's like. One bad Ryan Fitzpatrick season.

Bonus info:

• Holiday Bowl - Most interceptions (4)
  • Senior Bowl - Longest returned interception pass (99)

This is the year of the overrated quarterback. Brady has struggled, but he's still better than Rodgers and Brees, 2 quarterbacks whose jocks must be biscuit and gravy flavored because that's the only reason I can think of over people's nonstop worship of the guys.

:woah:

I think many don't understand what Simms said....I don't know why....Seemed pretty clear to me...It had NOTHING to do with numbers or achievements.....It had to do with physical ability RIGHT NOW......Seemed pretty clear :dunno:  :scratch:

Well that wouldn't fit in with the negative and argumentative side of things. It's common practice for most to add their own meanings to things just to be contentious.

This is the year of the overrated quarterback. Brady has struggled, but he's still better than Rodgers and Brees, 2 quarterbacks whose jocks must be biscuit and gravy flavored because that's the only reason I can think of over people's nonstop worship of the guys.

Sorry to inform you but Rogers is the highest rated QB in the NFL. ESPN and NFL.com has them rated at #1-Rogers, #2-Manning, #3-Rivers, #4-Romo, #5-Brady, #6-Luck, #7-Brees, #8-Big Ben. Those are by the QBR and stats. People seem to forget that wins are a team thing not just a QB thing and personal opinion means little.

His logic at first: Shrek isn't real

His logic later: they are old

I think that's all you need to know about Chris Simms' Swiss cheese reasoning

Not important.  Keep in mind he could be saying this simply to drive more clicks to his articles on Bleacher Report.  This isn't a major analyst, so it's not like people are hanging on his every word.  So for him to make ridiculous claims for the sake of getting more clicks, I could see it

I know. I was like what in the world does a Dreamworks Animation picture have to do with Tom Brady? Can we ask his dad Phil if Brady is a Top 5 QB or not just as a family, NFL counter point? Age is 1 thing, but a HOF QB doesn't just forget how to win games simply because he has a few more grey hairs. 

Chris you played QB in this league yes, but not at an elite level so please stop trying to critique QBs that are in another stratosphere from you okay. 

If the physical ability was affecting performance then I would be on board with Simms. But exactly how is Brady limited? He is actually moving better this season than he has in years. He has never had a good deep ball other than with Moss so I am not sure how that is a proof point to his physical decline? He can still throw it just not very accurately which has always been true.

This should have focused on Brees who is the QB that has most notably fallen out of the top 5. He is usually in that "elite" group.

Chris doenst understand what a QB does...

Its not about deep throws and mobility..

... Its about winning...To say that Ben Rothlisberger is better than Tom Brady is simply to ignore results.

..and Dan Patrick is confused..NE let their best lineman go in the pre-season..

What young Simms is saying is that he's simply tired of ranking Brady highly...so he wont

What? Who is talking about achievements? Fact is, right here and now, Brady is playing FAR superior to Wilson and better than Roethlisberger. To say otherwise is rather head scratching.

Chris doenst understand what a QB does...

Its not about deep throws and mobility..

... Its about winning...To say that Ben Rothlisberger is better than Tom Brady is simply to ignore results.

..and Dan Patrick is confused..NE let their best lineman go in the pre-season..

What young Simms is saying is that he's simply tired of ranking Brady highly...so he wont

Patriots let Solder go?

Mankins was awful last year. Gave up the most sacks on the team.

That's not what he said, though...Gavin....maybe you have a further insight but he didn't say that

He said that the guys he chose are BETTER..and 'better' can only be defined by results

it cant have 'nothing to do with numbers or achievements' and be legitimate..

he joked about how you cant keep saying Brady and Manning are 'better' just because they keep winning.

Obviously, yes you can

Sorry to inform you but Rogers is the highest rated QB in the NFL. ESPN and NFL.com has them rated at #1-Rogers, #2-Manning, #3-Rivers, #4-Romo, #5-Brady, #6-Luck, #7-Brees, #8-Big Ben. Those are by the QBR and stats. People seem to forget that wins are a team thing not just a QB thing and personal opinion means little.

What people forget is that QBR is a stat invented by your gooses that change it every few years when somebody they don't like has a high QBR. Besides it'll all be over as soon as he plays a 6 or 7 win team like always, as it will for Brees and Brady (atleast Brady can still win at home).

What? Who is talking about achievements? Fact is, right here and now, Brady is playing FAR superior to Wilson and better than Roethlisberger. To say otherwise is rather head scratching.

your going to have to do better then that if you want to make a debate out of this, The only fact is this, Just because you claim it as fact don't make it fact....I agree he is playing better than Wilson but Brady also has one of the best TE's in the game ....Of course Brady is not playing better then Ben

your going to have to do better then that if you want to make a debate out of this, The only fact is this, Just because you claim it as fact don't make it fact....I agree he is playing better than Wilson but Brady also has one of the best TE's in the game ....Of course Brady is not playing better then Ben

What do weapons have to do with it? That is not what Simms argued. He was arguing age and physical ability which is the part that makes no sense. Brady has a better QBR than Ben and a MUCH better QBR than Wilson.

I believe a guy who has played the position at every level understands the mechanics of the game more than a fan who has never played the game beyond high school or Pop Warner leagues.

He does? Then why didn't he actually argue the nuances of the position versus falling back on age as a reason to discount Brady as a top 5 Qb? Even the trolls up here have never actually argued that.