Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie crying during anthem

jusbadd2

They just showed it for a second, but he was crying during the anthem. I get a little choked up when I hear it sometimes too. More though when I hear taps. Just wondered what he was thinking about, that he got so emotional about it.

My guess only, but I bet he was thinking about cherishing the moment.  He's at the age where he can reflect on his career and knows that he doesn't have much longer.

They just showed it for a second, but he was crying during the anthem. I get a little choked up when I hear it sometimes too. More though when I hear taps. Just wondered what he was thinking about, that he got so emotional about it.

It might be the fact that he was coming off injury.  Reggie's getting close to a lot of Marvin's old records -- he might just be grateful he's been able to bounce back from a couple injuries this late in his career and still lace 'em up.

I think Reggie is comfortable in his own skin.  Nothing wrong with some good ole tears.

Like you, taps gets me because I lost my dad in October, and he was a D-Day Omaha Red survivor.

Myself as well Brother , My military service as well as burying 2 Uncles with military grave side rights. Been pallbearer and held my self together but when Taps is played , I was done lol .

The anthem has a way of making even the toughest people tear up... and last nights was darn good. We should all contact the league to bring in people like that more often.

Seriously that is the guy that should be doing the superbowl.  Not some overrated pop star who always seems to like to put their own stupid twist on the anthem.

Seriously that is the guy that should be doing the superbowl.  Not some overrated pop star who always seems to like to put their own stupid twist on the anthem.

I'd rather see a bunch of young upcoming musical geniuses play then some overrated pop star. I dread the day they announce someone like Miley Cyrus as the singer, and you know it is coming.  

For the record my wife and I both thought that having a guy play the national anthem on a trumpet was way more classy then having some pop star or something like that sing it.  

The guy who played it did an awesome job.

I believe that's the only way it should be played. I thought it was beautifully done last night.

Reggie is the man. He can do whatever he wants which includes but is not limited to shedding a tear when he's moved. 

Speaking of moving, 

CONGRATS TO REGGIE FOR BECOMING THE NFL'S 8TH ALL TIME RECEIVING YARDS LEADER!! 

I know a lot of us will shed tears when the great 87 retires.  I will be the first to say I did!  

For the record my wife and I both thought that having a guy play the national anthem on a trumpet was way more classy then having some pop star or something like that sing it.  

The guy who played it did an awesome job.

Last week there was a violin player who did the National Anthem at the Nascar race. It was also very good.

The older you get the more emotional you get.. lol.. but seriously i think it was more of a grateful thing.. you can sense by reggies body language and the way he talks and present himself that he is truly grateful for everything he has.. the league needs more people like him

I cry almost all the time during the anthems and when the crowd is cheering wildly.  I think I have some sort of serious issues, but it is comforting to see a guy like Reggie with the tears steaming as well.  Maybe I am not so weird after all.  lol