Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A team u pull for and conflicted

s.e ky bengals

I honestly cannot relate to feeling "conflicted" when the Colts play anyone. Now, sometimes I feel bad for individual players on other teams. For example, I hope the Colts destroy the Giants this Sunday and the Colts D completely shut down Eli, but if that happens I will feel bad for Eli because I like him as a person.

There are certainly other teams I respect a lot as well. The Packers, the Broncos, and the 49ers (to a point) are three teams I respect and like to see do well. BUT, that in no way means I'm "conflicted" when they play the Colts.

Exactly!!

Not quite what the OP means but I'm a University of Michigan fan and I'm conflicted because they have perhaps one of the worst coaches in NCAA Div I football.  They have one of the worst QBs in all of college football and they are just painful to watch this year.

I actually think almost all of the issues they have to do with not having a good QB, Hokes won wherever he has been, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being till he gets a real QB

I actually think almost all of the issues they have to do with not having a good QB, Hokes won wherever he has been, I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being till he gets a real QB

Hokes is the one that keeps him in the games.  Hoke is just out of his league, He was bad most of his time at Ball State, was mediocre at SD and then took over a talented Michigan team and has gotten worse every year.

• 1 month later...

Which of the Bengals' former coordinators are you rooting for in this match-up between Zimmer's team and Jay Gruden's team? Are you conflicted? ;) Seems like your fans wish they were still coaching in Cincy. I think you could have a strong team (although you have had a couple of bad losses). I hope the Bengals win their division. http://www.cincyjungle.com/veteransofcincinnati/2014/11/1/7142705/teams-headed-by-mike-zimmer-and-jay-gruden-battle-this-weekend

No conflict here...Go Vikes!

Zim all the way. Mike messed up not promoting zim to HC, marv to gm. Gruden, see ya! He just didn't play AD to his strengths , if he has any. Lol. Always going for the kill down field. Hue has two decent backs hill, being pretty explosive. Kinda help Andy, I cringe every time he bombs it down field. Middle of the field, flats are Andy's prime spots. IMO. Oh yea colts lay it on the stains today!!!!

1. Go Colts

2. Go anyone on my fantasy roster. I only play in 1 league every year so I'm all in on the players I have.

3. The Redskins are my drunk uncle. I hate to see them lose but I have absolutely no faith in them on a week to week basis. 

P.S. I won't care about Peyton Manning again until he signs his 1 day deal to retire as a Colt.

1. Go Colts

2. Go anyone on my fantasy roster. I only play in 1 league every year so I'm all in on the players I have.

3. The Redskins are my drunk uncle. I hate to see them lose but I have absolutely no faith in them on a week to week basis. 

P.S. I won't care about Peyton Manning again until he signs his 1 day deal to retire as a Colt.

The way it looks the skins, may let gruden go over RGme. Just make him coach and quarterback. Sure hope if he is fired mikey don't bring him to cincy!!

Peyton should retire a colt. Loved watching him at Tennessee, except when he played ky. (facepalm)

1. Colts

2. This team, or these teams, is/are determined by how their win on game day benefits the Colts.

3. The Broncos and the Jets are exempt from #2 unless it means the Colts miss the playoffs. Otherwise, I desire that they lose every other game they play....forever....Amen.

The way it looks the skins, may let gruden go over RGme. Just make him coach and quarterback. Sure hope if he is fired mikey don't bring him to cincy!!

Peyton should retire a colt. Loved watching him at Tennessee, except when he played ky. (facepalm)

Snyder brought Gruden in to "fix" Griffin. Gruden failed so he should get the Axe.

Colts all the way. With me it's who ever is playing the Rat Birds. After the disrespect that Baltimore showed Indy long after the Colts left. It is sad when a city refused to use the Colt name on their scoreboard and the NFL had to force them to. There are still bitter people living in Baltimore who hate on Jim just because of Robert.

With me its Ravens first, but if we don't win it, I'm fine with the good fans of Indy getting another Championship . The majority of those bitter feelings are gone, and most of the anger is focused on the Steelers. Look, if you were ever in ours or Cleveland's shoes, it takes time to get over. You can't relate because you have never been there. I don't think the NFL forced the scoreboard issue, I think Steve did it because he likes Jimmy.

I have never felt any conflict about wanting the Colts to beat a team they were playing. The closest I get is when the current Broncos play the Colts, but I still want the Colts to win...I just want Manning to do well, but still lose.

I usually go:

1) Cheer for Colts

2) Cheer for Manning 

3) Cheer for the Bengals

4) Cheer for any team playing the Pats

5) Cheer for any team playing the Chargers

*Two through  five come with the disclaimer "if it doesn't hurt the Colts." I do distinctly remember rooting for the Pats over the Chargers once. I think it affected our playoff seeding though so I was actually rooting for the Colts. :)

Zim all the way. Mike messed up not promoting zim to HC, marv to gm. Gruden, see ya! He just didn't play AD to his strengths , if he has any. Lol. Always going for the kill down field. Hue has two decent backs hill, being pretty explosive. Kinda help Andy, I cringe every time he bombs it down field. Middle of the field, flats are Andy's prime spots. IMO. Oh yea colts lay it on the stains today!!!!

We are very happy with Zim. The Vikes have had a turbulent year but Zim has handled everything in a professional way, unlike Gruden. He is tough but is careful not to throw his key players under the bus. Hiring Zimmer is one of the best moves the Vikes have made in a long time.