Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angry Peyton quiets crowd...

bap1331

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 25, 2014 - Baiting
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 25, 2014 - Baiting

The Oxford English Dictionary has a new entry for it's 2015 edition: an updated definition for overreaction. It refers to this thread, and in particular, the insecure New England Patriots fans. As they watch the gulf widen between their golden child and the GOAT, all they can do is whinge about absolutely nothing.

Tremendous fun though.

What's next, he can only play in domes and at high altitude.....

Is this how you try to justify PeyPey whining on and off the field ?

Seriously ?

Tell me, what's your reasoning for the multiple Colt fans calling him out for this?

Or are you going to ignore that little fact.

JEALOUSY?

Of the biggest choke performer in NFL playoff history? The guy who has led his team to more playoff LOSSES in NFL history?

What a pathetic attempt at deflection. Transparent.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and those getting so dang bent out of shape over it  aren't?

This place used to be fun.....

Pats fans here put up with a lot from several posters..  and i wasn't going to really comment on it that much until I got home from work, clicked on the thread and started reading posts about how "Oh i thought it was funny."   "Oh its just Manning's competitive edge" and all of these other comments spinning it into a positive, quality trait of Manning's that just adds to his greatness..

That pretty much set me off, because its just so insanely hypocritical.. These are the same posters that blow every single little thing that happens to the Patriots out of proportion.. and then something like this happens where its obvious that Manning wasn't a saint in how he acted and those same people who point fingers and are extremely harsh of everything New England are vehemently defending Manning's actions.

Just look at what was said about Brady when he threw a water bottle into the ground during a game, or things that pale in comparison to what Manning just did..  I'll admit, it is refreshing to see some Colts fans who actually are showing a lot of guts trying to be as unbias as possible and telling it how it is..

It doesn't mean that Manning is a jerk all the time, or that hes a bad person... but he WAS a jerk THIS time.. and you have a lot of people that not only can't admit it, but will try to spin it into a positive.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 25, 2014 - Quoting hidden post
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 25, 2014 - Quoting hidden post

Is this how you try to justify PeyPey whining on and off the field ?

Seriously ?

Tell me, what's your reasoning for the multiple Colt fans calling him out for this?

Or are you going to ignore that little fact.

JEALOUSY?

Of the biggest choke performer in NFL playoff history? The guy who has led his team to more playoff LOSSES in NFL history?

What a pathetic attempt at deflection. Transparent.

That is funny. You really do not have a clue. And you appear quite an angry person. You do know all this stuff is not important, don't you? You do know I'm a Colts fan, not a Manning fan, don't you? You do know you are acting like I care about your petty whining, don't you?

Eric, sort these troops of yours out please, they are embarrassing your proud football club.

Shutting down now, goodbye Montreal, hello London (in 7 hours).

Enjoy the rest of your day.

That is funny. You really do not have a clue. And you appear quite an angry person. You do know all this stuff is not important, don't you? You do know I'm a Colts fan, not a Manning fan, don't you? You do know you are acting like I care about your petty whining, don't you?

Eric, sort these troops of yours out please, they are embarrassing your proud football club.

Shutting down now, goodbye Montreal, hello London (in 7 hours).

Enjoy the rest of your day.

ROFL

Nice reponse.

Just ignoring Colt fans' anti-Peyton posts in this thread, eh?

Just because I logically demolished your pretty transparent attempt to redirect, you tap out?

And all the Colt fans criticizing him? Funny how you and Brave ignore those multiple posts.

What does Colts fans criticizing Manning have anything to do with what I posted?  Maybe that's funny to you, but only for some reason only known to you.

If Brady did that, it would absolutely be the end of the world on this board.. with a 55+ page thread on how Brady is a classless jerk.

Manning does it, and its "oh hes just so OCD and competitive, and demands perfection from everyone, even the fans!" garbage. Or "oh hes just looking out for Philip Rivers feelings... he didnt want his feelsies to be all hurt because hes such a good, caring guy!" What a total crock of you know what....

He was a total jerk.. He told the fans (the same fans that fund his $20+ million a year salary, mind you), to "shut the **** up!"

SUPER CLASSY MOVE!

Then he follows it up with a super awkward press conference by calling out some average joe scoreboard operator that barely supports his family on his salary for not doing exactly what he wanted him to do.. Everyone chuckled when he called out the scoreboard guy, and then you could see and feel the super awkwardness throughout the room when everyone realized he was dead serious.. and that poor guy is probably now going to be fired because the great peyton manning has a problem with what he shows up on the board with 2 minutes to go in a game that is 3 kneel downs away from being over.

I love all the spinsters though frantically running to his defense because he can do no wrong in their eyes. If Brady did this, those same people would be EXPLODING with excitement to run to the board in a total rage, demanding justice be sent down from Zues to punish the evil Brady and his sinister ways.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah I mean. I said it was an over reaction. If brady did it, I would say it was an overreaction.

Not sure where you pulled numerous paragraphs from those two sentences, but it seems you have some issues to work out.

I'm also not a Manning homer, but please, continue making wild generalizations based on nothing.

Though surely you Pats fans see the delicious irony in your comments right? Because if Brady did this, it would be no big deal, but Manning does it. It's s big deal.

You fanboys and fangirls, are so consistently hypocritical. It's comforting.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah I mean. I said it was an over reaction. If brady did it, I would say it was an overreaction.

Not sure where you pulled numerous paragraphs from those two sentences, but it seems you have some issues to work out.

I'm also not a Manning homer, but please, continue making wild generalizations based on nothing.

Though surely you Pats fans see the delicious irony in your comments right? Because if Brady did this, it would be no big deal, but Manning does it. It's s big deal.

You fanboys and fangirls, are so consistently hypocritical. It's comforting.

House, I am fairly certain that they are blind to the irony.  

ROFL

Nice reponse.

Just ignoring Colt fans' anti-Peyton posts in this thread, eh?

Just because I logically demolished your pretty transparent attempt to redirect, you tap out?

You're waaaaay too serious. No need to be so aggressive.

I bet you're proud you think you won an argument over the internet, even though the majority of people in here are completely overreacting(including you).

One more note..

Why does everyone get so defensive and angry whenever a QB of a team comes up? You say that one is better than the other, and the next moment, it's personal shots and logical fallacies. This includes tons of QB's too.. Like Wilson, Luck, RG3, Manziel, anyone really.

Peyton probably shouldn't have reacted like that. He probably should've said something in private, and not to the media about it.

The ones saying he did no wrong (not many, if any) and the ones saying he's the biggest whiner in sports (more than a few) are completely overblowing this. I've never seen this many people take offense to something that doesn't even really involve them.

It is still fun, you just have to learn to laugh at the hypocrisy being demonstrated.

I know you're right, however,  I don't want to "learn" to laugh at it, and I certainly don't want to deal with it.

What I want.............. Is to have several of my friends back posting here.  But they got tired of  the PatsTrollsRUs running this place into the Ground.

Moose you're always a great poster but the game was over, man. 2nd and 5, no timeouts for SD, 14 point lead. They didn't even need to run the ball really. Victory formation would have killed the clock. Even without the first down, Denver knew they could run it down to around 20 seconds.

I think we're all just saying that Manning's little on-field temper tantrum was unnecessary at that point, and his comment about the scoreboard operator made him look like a bully everywhere on the planet except Colorado and the greater Indianapolis area! ;)

I would LOVE to see the reaction from Indy/Denver (I get confused about that a lot, pretty easily!) if Brady lost his mind like that. Last year when the Patriots got jobbed in Carolina he chased the refs off the field asking for an explanation, and you would have thought on this message board that he'd punched an infant or something. Manning loses his cool in a game that's been decided and it's chalked up to his competitive nature and perfectionism.

Two-Minute Warning 2nd and 5 at DEN 31 (2:00) PENALTY on DEN-P.Cornick, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 31 - No Play. 2nd and 10 at DEN 26 (2:00) J.Thompson left tackle to DEN 31 for 5 yards (J.Johnson). Timeout #2 by DEN at 01:14. 3rd and 5 at DEN 31 (1:14) J.Thompson right tackle to DEN 34 for 3 yards (M.Gilchrist). Timeout #3 by DEN at 00:28. 4th and 2 at DEN 34 (:28) B.Colquitt punts 41 yards to SD 25, Center-A.Brewer. K.Allen to SD 31 for 6 yards (A.C

Remember the Ravens playoffs game leading by 7 with 30 seconds to go?,

Remember the Ravens playoffs game leading by 7 with 30 seconds to go?,

I'd rather not.

The Ravens were the beneficiaries of more lopsided officiating than the Broncos last night. Literally a 17 point swing and it still took a miracle for them to win. Not that I think Denver would have beat NE that year anyway.... Hernandez and Gronk would have been a nightmare matchup for DEN.

Guys this isn't uncommon, especially in college where crowds don't comprehend that the offense doesn't benefit from them yelling as loud as they can.

Meanwhile this stuff that people call OCD is going to go right alongside Favre's pregame antics, River's freakouts etc as cherished memories when he retires.

Look guys, everyone knows crowd noise can have an effect on the game. That's not the point of this 'debate'. The game was over and he got mad at the crowd for celebrating that. Does that make him a bad guy? No. Does that make him classless? No. But jesus Peyton, lighten up. 

The answer he gave at the press conference was all about saving face with the fans. You could see him doing his little arm flap to quiet the crowd, and when they didn't he clearly got upset and gave us the classic 'Manning face' in disgust. You could read his lips...he was angry at the fans for not giving him the ideal conditions he apparently needs to run out the last minute of the clock with the game in hand. That's it. And then when asked about it he tried to justify why he could get so angry over something so silly at that point of the game. 

This argument is stupid because it holds no bearing on his on field accomplishments or what Denver has been able to do this year, but guys, he's not even your quarterback anymore, it's ok not to blindly defend him when he's being a little dumb. As I said before, even the media laughed at his comment until they realized he was serious. It's just so Peyton, and even his fiercest defenders should be able to look at this and question what the * his problem is.

Fair points, most of them.  but I have a question as I was on airplane during the game.  If he was in the last minute of the game, why wasn't Peyton in victory formation and kneeling on the ball to run out the clock?  Manning is a competitor, and until he can kneel on it, he wants plays to run efficiently and as designed.  He doesn't want False Start penalties and clock stoppages, or O lineman mistiming their blocking assignments on snaps and let D line take his head off, etc...

It's a funny game, but if there is a fumble there (ill timed snap, etc...) and it get's run back for a score, isn't SD within a TD of tying?  And wouldn't they have a chance to onside kick and recover?  Yes, it's a small chance, but competitors don't take them. Yes, their (Bronco) fans was just following the hoopla on the scoreboard and they paid good money for the ticket.  So they can yell all they want.  But then they can own the penalties and turnovers caused by their commotion as well.  12th man can help, or hurt.  Double edge sword.  Peyton plays 60 minutes, and was spoiled some in Indy.   Broncos fans are just yelling it up because they have a 1st ballot HOF QB and are relevant for the Lombardi again because of it.  Sometimes the mix is oil and vinegar, doesn't always mix that well, but is still good together. 

I see Denver fans who went to the game did get hyped because of the scoreboard operator... and then operator threw up the Sssssssshhhhhh!  sign... but way too late.  LOL  Fans knew they should have been quiet, but the videos just fired them up, especially the Rivers pix.  It was fun because nothing bad happened.  But if there was a turnover there, I wonder what the the posts n the topic would be...   LOL

My only issue with any of it is Manning calling out the scoreboard operator to the media like that. If it happened with my team, I'd rather that the players go to the front office about it.

Remember when the Pats called out the entire Colts organization for pumping in crowd noise into the RCA Dome? And yes, that was despite the Pats winning, just like Peyton won in the Chargers game.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/06/sports/football/06patriots.html

I was thinking Pats fans would be the first to sympathize with Peyton's competitive nature, since it resembles the fiery nature of Tom Brady, yet none of the Pats fans seem to agree with Manning in this situation. Shocking.

Remember when the Pats called out the entire Colts organization for pumping in crowd noise into the RCA Dome? And yes, that was despite the Pats winning, just like Peyton won in the Chargers game.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/06/sports/football/06patriots.html

I was thinking Pats fans would be the first to sympathize with Peyton's competitive nature, since it resembles Tom Brady, yet none of the Pats fans seem to agree with Manning in this situation. Shocking.

Please show me where the Patriots flipped out on the field, like Peyton did.

Please show me where the Patriots aired their grievance publicly, like Peyton did.

Oh, wait , they're not at all the same, are they ?

And the Patriots weren't the only team to file a grievance for that same accusation, were they?

Pats fans here put up with a lot from several posters.. and i wasn't going to really comment on it that much until I got home from work, clicked on the thread and started reading posts about how "Oh i thought it was funny." "Oh its just Manning's competitive edge" and all of these other comments spinning it into a positive, quality trait of Manning's that just adds to his greatness..

That pretty much set me off, because its just so insanely hypocritical.. These are the same posters that blow every single little thing that happens to the Patriots out of proportion.. and then something like this happens where its obvious that Manning wasn't a saint in how he acted and those same people who point fingers and are extremely harsh of everything New England are vehemently defending Manning's actions.

Just look at what was said about Brady when he threw a water bottle into the ground during a game, or things that pale in comparison to what Manning just did.. I'll admit, it is refreshing to see some Colts fans who actually are showing a lot of guts trying to be as unbias as possible and telling it how it is..

It doesn't mean that Manning is a jerk all the time, or that hes a bad person... but he WAS a jerk THIS time.. and you have a lot of people that not only can't admit it, but will try to spin it into a positive.

So why do you come here if we put you through sooo much. Atleast you can come here and say what you want. If ib were to go to the Pats board ranting like you I'd be banned instantly.

Do I have to explain noise and false starts to you as well? Beveridge that it was completely tasteless showing rivers at the end so the crowd can boo them while they were losing. If it was Brady and they showed him doing his usual poo poo tantrum face I can guarantee you'd be complaining.

Please show me where the Patriots aired their grievance publicly, like Peyton did.

And the Patriots weren't the only team to file a grievance for that same accusation, were they?

spygate /endthread

Comeon...the crowd was celebrating, the players themselves were dancing on the sidelines (which they don't do until the game is sealed up), and Denver ended up having to kick the ball back to the Chargers with time for one more play while being down two touchdowns. 

THE GAME WAS OVER....the crowd knew it, the team knew it, and Peyton knew it. They only ones who apparently didnt know it were Colts fans still blindly defending their former quarterback.

GP, AMF, VL, & D13 are not wrong in pointing out that the game was over & that 18 overreacted. He's a perfectionist & needs to control everything even stuff he really can't like scoreboard antics. I have a control freak sister just like him. She doesn't play sports, but she loves to call all the shots at family gatherings. My point is this: Control freaks will never change. All you can do is just stay out their way & just let it be. I never squabble over trivial nonsense & nobody is getting fired over this fake outrage story which is meaningless if you ask me. 

As a way to soften this rift between Patriots & Broncos fans over Peyton's competitiveness to win, I just want to say that I admire the fire to crush their competition every single week among Manning & Brady. 

TBH with you, I think the story of this game is the Wes Welker fumble recovery not the demand for silence to the fans in the stands. If Wes doesn't land on the ball, Philip Rivers is bringing the Chargers back in this game. I wouldn't alter the final outcome, but Philip as a QB always scares the crap out of me with his zip on the ball. 

Major props Welker. Thanks for securing a Denver W dude. Love that little guy! Short, smart, & as tough as steel baby. 

Side note: San Diego safety Eric Weddle always impresses me too. He is always a thorn in Manning side & Peyton is very lucky that that interception was called back. No knock on 18 at all. I just know how devious Weddle is with darn good hands that's all. 

Media thought he was joking. But quit laughing when they found out that he was not.

I just wanna know if Steve Boxer the video director can put down "Received evil eye from a future HOF QB" as a skill or a hobby/additional interest feature on his resume JPPT. Only teasing! 

Time to change Peyton's nickname from "The Sheriff" to "The Librarian". 

Mile High; Where SHHHH happens. 

The real reason I found that post hilarious is because it reminded me of Shirley Jones as "Marian" in the "Music Man" who also demanded strict silence as well. Does this mean that both Peyton & Shirley graduated from the University of Tennessee too?  :P

Why do you always feel the need to fight with people in every thread? Move on, and lets talk football not nonsense.

You know reading back through that topic it seems OP aside most Colts fans didn't think it was a big deal and the only contention in fact was whether Luck had done the same thing against Denver.

In fact the topic only turned when the Pats calvary to defend a slight that wasn't even there in the first place which lead to the usual bickering and the topic getting locked.

It's reached the point where the topic doesn't matter, it's just the same posters having the same pop at each other. Disagreeing is fine, but let's be adults about how we do it?

I don't know what the scoreboard people were thinking.  Kind of a huge mistake

Peyton was right to tell the crowd to be quiet but wrong to call somebody out in a press conference like that.  I'm sure people were terrified.  They deserved to be talked to but they didn't deserve that.

Pat fans are digging into this a bit much.

Simmer down everyone