Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Angry Peyton quiets crowd...

bap1331

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine that. Football fans wanting to cheer? ;)

Can I ask you why Indy fans were so compliant? Is that something regional? I have never seen anything like it and you are not the first Colts fans to say the Peyton had the fans on pins and needles.

Don't you want your team to win? Why would you create noise that could affect them and hurt them?

I doubt the video director is actually running the scoreboard

maybe or maybe not but he certainly the one who would be in charge of overseeing what is done in the stadium as to video and what is done with respect to what is on the video scoreboard . . . just saying . . . it is not too difficult to find these things out . . .

maybe or maybe not but he certainly the one who would be in charge of overseeing what is done in the stadium as to video and what is done with respect to what is on the video scoreboard . . . just saying . . . it is not too difficult to find these things out . . .

Actually that isn't what the video director does. They edit the all 22 videos and such for the coaches. So apparently its harder to find out than you thought

He publicly humiliated him? What is the scoreboard operators name?

How is that even relevant?  If he stated his name we still wouldn't know him, just his name.  But I am willing to bet that most of his friends and family know he is the scoreboard operator for the Denver Broncos.  If it was done behind closed doors it would be just as effective, not humiliate him in front of family, friends, all of his co-workers and not to mention nationally televised.  I just hope they have already had a sit down over the event, so the guy isn't freaking out about whether he has a job or not. 

Don't you want your team to win? Why would you create noise that could affect them and hurt them?

please . . . come on will yah . . . you don't think this happens at other stadiums? . . . somehow other home teams seem to be able to deal with it . . . why can't the Broncos grab a hankie and deal with it . . . and what makes matter worse was the crowd had quieted down at the time of the false start . . . and its probably a good idea to have the team in line in the huddle letting everyone  know when the snap of the ball is coming so they are all on the same page . . . a little situational football would of been nice, given the time in the game it is all the more critical that you get all ones ducks in a row in the huddle going into that last set of downs . . .

it would be one thing if the crowd was cheering midway through the 4th qtr and the team is down by 6 points and driving to score, then one could make the argument that it is nice to have quiet so the offense could run . . . of coarse there is a countered argument that others teams deal with it and adjust and also the crowd noise can pump up the offense momentum and instill uneasiness in the defense, so the noise works both ways, not sure if there really is a true answer . . . if Peyton wishes to operate with a quieter stadium and forebear the above stated benefits, so be it, that is his choice . . .   

what people seem to be missing here is the fact that last nights game had a big impact on the playoff seeding for Denver, one of about 4-5 games all year . . . the game was over . . . unless one tries to make some extraterrestrial argument that a team can score twice when the opponent is punting with 25 seconds to go and you have no timeouts, and to add to this most teams do not get a first down in this situation so they would be punting anyways making the false start totally irrelevant. . . if the collective crowd wants to set off a sigh of relief that the game is over, one really can not complain . . . it happens . . .

no it was perhaps not the finished moment for some players to be dancing around when the there is still time on the clock, but people are human and if they want to set off a release so be it . . . it was the 2 minute warning time out and the stadium needed to so something with what will be shown on the video scoreboard over the timeout . . . so they showed a few things and the crowd got cheering  . . . it happens . . .

Actually that isn't what the video director does. They edit the all 22 videos and such for the coaches. So apparently its harder to find out than you thought

I do not think that it is too difficult . . . I just did a quick search . . . if one wanted to get his name it would come out and/or if one wanted to release his name it would come out . . . it did not take too much time to find out who Steve Bartman was . . . ;)  . . .

He identified an employee, not sure what else we need to make a point he is singling out an individual . . . and name is really superfluous to the issue at hand . . .

How is that even relevant? If he stated his name we still wouldn't know him, just his name. But I am willing to bet that most of his friends and family know he is the scoreboard operator for the Denver Broncos. If it was done behind closed doors it would be just as effective, not humiliate him in front of family, friends, all of his co-workers and not to mention nationally televised. I just hope they have already had a sit down over the event, so the guy isn't freaking out about whether he has a job or not.

So not publicly humiliated then? I'm guessing the inner workings of the scoreboard and in game videos are handled by multiple people. Peyton certainly was over the top. But he didn't publicly humiliate anyone

I do not think that it is too difficult . . . I just did a quick search . . . if one wanted to get his name it would come out and/or if one wanted to release his name it would come out . . . it did not take too much time to find out who Steve Bartman was . . . ;) . . .

He identified an employee, not sure what else we need to make a point he is singling out an individual . . . and name is really superfluous to the issue at hand . . .

As I've said before the working of the scoreboard and in game videos are handled by multiple people im sure. I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing

As petty sniping from Pats fans go, this is an all time record. From some, it's just the usual jealousy, but come on, classy Pats fans (you know who you are), don't jump on the bandwagon like a bunch of sheep.

I thought it was quite funny. We all know Peyton can be rather intense at times. He's the greatest to ever play the position. Cut him some slack.

Although, when he got that tramp arrested for stealing one of his plant plots from the front of his property, that was a bit much.

Oh wait, that was someone else......

So not publicly humiliated then? I'm guessing the inner workings of the scoreboard and in game videos are handled by multiple people. Peyton certainly was over the top. But he didn't publicly humiliate anyone

he took issue with the person at the controls at the two minute warning . . . that is singling out a single person . . . its not like there were six people with their fingers on the same button . . .

It was an overreaction, but not the end of the world.

Don't love the mention of a scoreboard operator in the public, but again. Not the end of the world.

If Brady did that, it would absolutely be the end of the world on this board.. with a 55+ page thread on how Brady is a classless jerk.

Manning does it, and its "oh hes just so OCD and competitive, and demands perfection from everyone, even the fans!" garbage.  Or "oh hes just looking out for Philip Rivers feelings... he didnt want his feelsies to be all hurt because hes such a good, caring guy!"    What a total crock of you know what....

He was a total jerk..  He told the fans (the same fans that fund his $20+ million a year salary, mind you), to "shut the **** up!"   

SUPER CLASSY MOVE! 

Then he follows it up with a super awkward press conference by calling out some average joe scoreboard operator that barely supports his family on his salary for not doing exactly what he wanted him to do.. Everyone chuckled when he called out the scoreboard guy, and then you could see and feel the super awkwardness throughout the room when everyone realized he was dead serious.. and that poor guy is probably now going to be fired because the great peyton manning has a problem with what he shows up on the board with 2 minutes to go in a game that is 3 kneel downs away from being over.

I love all the spinsters though frantically running to his defense because he can do no wrong in their eyes.  If Brady did this, those same people would be EXPLODING with excitement to run to the board in a total rage, demanding justice be sent down from Zues to punish the evil Brady and his sinister ways.

he took issue with the person at the controls at the two minute warning . . . that is singling out a single person . . . its not like there were six people with their fingers on the same button . . .

Do you even know what was on the scoreboard? They were showing live video of rivers then pan to manning. Then Talib dancing. There is are camera people, someone working the boards, a director the PA announcer. I only took a few AV classes in high school and i know there is more to running something on that scale as opposed to a local high school game. Get a grip

I love Peyton for everything he did for the Colts.  Always will.  He's the greatest thing that ever happened to my team.

But that orchestrated and rehearsed TD celebration is way too Ocho Cinco for my taste.  And this tantrum is impossible to defend.

He literally planned the entire thing... Manning honestly shows signs of a classic case Narcissist.. not even joking.

You are not alone in taking every crack at Manning anytime you can. Do I or any other Colt fan do that to Brady?

Maybe not you per say, but yes... Colts fans CONSTANTLY try to diminish what Brady has accomplished and spin anything that happens in any game or press conference into some huge fiasco where the Patriots are up to their "wicked" and "classless" ways.

He literally planned the entire thing... Manning honestly shows signs of a classic case Narcissist.. not even joking.

Actually if you listened to his mic'd up video it wasn't something that was "planned" The wrs mentioned it in practice and Manning laughed. On the sideline after the td he said to Sanders "i can't believe you guys actually did that"

As petty sniping from Pats fans go, this is an all time record. From some, it's just the usual jealousy, but come on, classy Pats fans (you know who you are), don't jump on the bandwagon like a bunch of sheep.

I thought it was quite funny. We all know Peyton can be rather intense at times. He's the greatest to ever play the position. Cut him some slack.

Although, when he got that tramp arrested for stealing one of his plant plots from the front of his property, that was a bit much.

Oh wait, that was someone else......

:hug:

As I've said before the working of the scoreboard and in game videos are handled by multiple people im sure. I think this whole thing is much ado about nothing

for the most part it does not . . . and nor do I see anyone getting fired over the issue . . . but I think with both agree that it was a tad over the top for a player to be making statements like he has some kind of power of an executive over an employee . . . it just did not sound correct, it was a little to meish . . . perhaps something along the lines of "we really need not to get our fans pumped up over the timeouts when there is a game to finish" . . . [what do you mean Peyton] "well we really shouldn't be dancing and seeing videos of ourselves dancing and then the other teams QB, which is kind of disrespectful . . . lets just close the game out and call it a day.. " . . . that gets the point across . . . and its enough of a hint to the team if one feels that the teams needs to change its in stadium video policy . . .  

it better to generalize the statements in the press . . . it just does not look got once you start to point a figure to a person who can be identified even thought the actually name is not ready at the public's hand . . . 

perhaps Peyton wanted to stick up for Rivers in his comments and felt that it was not cool to show an opposing playing at the moments of a lost, and he would be correct in this and I whole heartly agree with him and it was an honorable thing for him to do . . . but a little more of a generalization would of been nice . . . blame the team in general is my action . . . my two cents . . .  

The Oxford English Dictionary has a new entry for it's 2015 edition: an updated definition for overreaction. It refers to this thread, and in particular, the insecure New England Patriots fans. As they watch the gulf widen between their golden child and the GOAT, all they can do is whinge about absolutely nothing.

Tremendous fun though.

What's next, he can only play in domes and at high altitude.....

Do you even know what was on the scoreboard? They were showing live video of rivers then pan to manning. Then Talib dancing. There is are camera people, someone working the boards, a director the PA announcer. I only took a few AV classes in high school and i know there is more to running something on that scale as opposed to a local high school game. Get a grip

They were also showing Rivers sulking and going nuts on the National broadcast, big deal.  It was entertaining and I am sure the home fans appreciated it.  Also as far as getting a grip, how about a guy that is obsessed with proving that someone wasn't publicly humiliated.  Obviously there is a team of camera men and people working the boards, so whoever is overseeing the editing and has the last say on what clip makes the board would be the person in sole responsibility here.  

I bet everyone in that entire building knows that guys name, including his boss who probably fired him after Manning's little tantrum.

again, there isn't "A" guy. There are multiple people involved and nobody is getting fired. But i bet it doesn't happen again

haha This is too much.

Really.

I, for one, love watcing History unfold on the football field.

Haters gonna Hate and nit-pik as long as he continues to play.

I am happy to be one to appreciate him for what really matters.

That's because in your little book PeyPey can do no wrong. That's demonstrably true.

If anyone else did what he did, you'd criticize that person. Your little boy gets different treatment.

I know what was on the scoreboard, but there is still someone who is making the decision which cameras footage to use and how the footages will be juxtaposed with one another . . . regardless of how many cameras there are . . . there is still a human at the controls mixing the camera feeds to the video screen and coordinating a finished product for the fans to see . . .   

Got to agree, not sure why everyone is blindly defending a QB who doesn't even play here anymore. I doubt and hope the scoreboard operator doesn't get fired, but man talk about public humiliation to someone who in a year doesn't even make a 1/5 of what Manning does in a week.

Also another interesting point I noticed about Manning versus Luck, I noticed when Julius Thomas dropped a pass Manning was clearly yelling at him after the play, where Luck will regularly look at the receiver in the exact same situation and say "My bad" and give them a pat on the shoulder.

One thing is for certain, I think most Colts fan including myself, have been Manning homers in the past and always overlooked his negatives. But it is very odd to see Colts fans still treating him like he plays here. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated what he brought to the team and I can definitely see him having his number retired and being in the ring of fame in Indy, but I am not going to blindly defend his shortcomings.

Amen. The blind pass some give to Peyton here is ridiculous.

I am sorry you missed the whole point of my comment. You are not alone in taking every crack at Manning anytime you can. Do I or any other Colt fan do that to Brady? Do Colt fans go to the Patriots forum and make it an issue to insult Brady? No. Because the Patriots forums don't allow outside fans to come into their forums and pass out insults and put downs. You will be banned from the site. You Patriot lovers-slash-Manning haters have free run in our forum. That's OK but you should expect a little flack over your under handed sly remarks when you use them. By all means keep coming back but don't get butt hurt if you can't take the heat.

This is so widely false that it's pathetic . There are, and have been, MANY Colt fans on Patriot boards.

Laughable.

The Oxford English Dictionary has a new entry for it's 2015 edition: an updated definition for overreaction. It refers to this thread, and in particular, the insecure New England Patriots fans. As they watch the gulf widen between their golden child and the GOAT, all they can do is whinge about absolutely nothing.

Tremendous fun though.

What's next, he can only play in domes and at high altitude.....

He has 2 more rings to get before he can close the gap between him and Brady.  All he has shown is that he can continue to be successful when he is completely surrounded by talent at all positions.

Look guys, everyone knows crowd noise can have an effect on the game. That's not the point of this 'debate'. The game was over and he got mad at the crowd for celebrating that. Does that make him a bad guy? No. Does that make him classless? No. But jesus Peyton, lighten up. 

The answer he gave at the press conference was all about saving face with the fans. You could see him doing his little arm flap to quiet the crowd, and when they didn't he clearly got upset and gave us the classic 'Manning face' in disgust. You could read his lips...he was angry at the fans for not giving him the ideal conditions he apparently needs to run out the last minute of the clock with the game in hand. That's it. And then when asked about it he tried to justify why he could get so angry over something so silly at that point of the game. 

This argument is stupid because it holds no bearing on his on field accomplishments or what Denver has been able to do this year, but guys, he's not even your quarterback anymore, it's ok not to blindly defend him when he's being a little dumb. As I said before, even the media laughed at his comment until they realized he was serious. It's just so Peyton, and even his fiercest defenders should be able to look at this and question what the * his problem is.

And you know that how?  Did Peyton overreact?  Probably, he is a known perfectionist which is why he is where he is and the rest of us are not.  He does not like the home crowd to make noise, you see he runs this thing called a no huddle offense that works better with less noise.

Also, you may want to save that "lighten up" talk for a certain football coach in the New England area, if there is anyone in the NFL that needs to lighten up it is him.  You know the guy that many of your New England brethren have blind loyalty to.  Then again maybe that is what makes him such a good coach.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 25, 2014 - masked profanity
Hidden by Nadine, October 25, 2014 - masked profanity

Amen. The blind pass some give to Peyton here is ridiculous.

Its beyond ridiculous.

He was a total jerk and its the same posters running to his defense and trying to spin it to make him look like its just his super competitive edge!

Telling your home crowd fans that help keep you the highest paid QB in the league to "shut the **** up" and then call out low level employees at a live press conference after a NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME because of your ENORMOUS ego is beyond absurd.

The fact that there are some actually trying to spin it and say "Oh it was just funny".. "Oh thats just Manning's competitiveness"  "Patriots fans are just jealous" is even MORE absurd.

That's because in your little book PeyPey can do no wrong. That's demonstrably true.

If anyone else did what he did, you'd criticize that person. Your little boy gets different treatment.

I think it's pretty safe to say, you've never heard me criticize anyone.

Can't say the same for you

If Brady did that, it would absolutely be the end of the world on this board.. with a 55+ page thread on how Brady is a classless jerk.

Manning does it, and its "oh hes just so OCD and competitive, and demands perfection from everyone, even the fans!" garbage.  Or "oh hes just looking out for Philip Rivers feelings... he didnt want his feelsies to be all hurt because hes such a good, caring guy!"    What a total crock of you know what....

He was a total jerk..  He told the fans (the same fans that fund his $20+ million a year salary, mind you), to "shut the **** up!"   

SUPER CLASSY MOVE! 

Then he follows it up with a super awkward press conference by calling out some average joe scoreboard operator that barely supports his family on his salary for not doing exactly what he wanted him to do.. Everyone chuckled when he called out the scoreboard guy, and then you could see and feel the super awkwardness throughout the room when everyone realized he was dead serious.. and that poor guy is probably now going to be fired because the great peyton manning has a problem with what he shows up on the board with 2 minutes to go in a game that is 3 kneel downs away from being over.

I love all the spinsters though frantically running to his defense because he can do no wrong in their eyes.  If Brady did this, those same people would be EXPLODING with excitement to run to the board in a total rage, demanding justice be sent down from Zues to punish the evil Brady and his sinister ways.

The irony is just too much.

He has 2 more rings to get before he can close the gap between him and Brady.  All he has shown is that he can continue to be successful when he is completely surrounded by talent at all positions.

Have you ever seen Die Hard. When the FBI take over, and turn off the power to the Nakatama (sp) Plaza? That's you.