Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats vs Chiefs

snkdy

It doesnt. Argument here is about the relevance of the TDs not how he loses in Foxboro.

It is silly for you but other than that you cant substantiate why it is silly. I did with an example.

I didn't say it was every game but that not every TD was relevant. That has been the point all along but you keep going and try to pretend that they were. Oh wait, you did admit that the TD in Houston was no needed but just to get the record, right? lol.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 1 vs Ravens: Peyton throws a TD pass with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter to make it 42-17, seemingly securing the win.  But wait, Ravens make it 42-27 with 5:30 to go, so it’s a two possession game.  Trying to just pick up the first down, Peyton throws a screen pass for the first down, but it goes for a TD. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week2 vs Giants: Peyton throws a TD pass with 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter to make it 31-16. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 3 vs Raiders: Peyton doesn’t throw any TD passes in the second half of the blowout. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 4 vs the Eagles: Peyton last throws a TD pass in the 3rd quarter. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 5 vs Cowboys: Peyton needs to comeback in order to win. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 6 vs Jaguars: Peyton doesn’t throw a TD pass after the 1st quarter. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 7 vs Colts: Broncos lose like we all remember lol. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 8 vs Redskins: Broncos are losing for most of this game.  Peyton leads a comeback and last throws a TD pass with 6:35 to go in the 4th when it was just a 10 point lead. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 10 vs Chargers: Peyton last throws a TD pass in the 3rd quarter. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 11 vs the Chiefs: Peyton only throws a TD pass in the first quarter.  Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 12 vs the Patriots: Peyton loses to the patriots.  Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 13 vs the Chiefs: Peyton last throws a TD with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter to make it a two possession game.  They wind up winning by only a TD.  Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 14 vs Titans: Peyton last throws a TD pass with 9 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when it was less than a 2 possession game.  This was also the I-can-play-in-cold-weather statement game. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 15 vs Chargers: Peyton loses. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 16 vs  Texans: First game where you could make a case for “running up the score.” Up until the 4th quarter, the Broncos offense was anemic (they moved the ball but struggled to score TDs). Then they explode and Peyton throws for 3 TDs.  The last TD pass, the one that breaks, the record, was questionable as the Broncos were up by 17 points at this point and there was 4:30 minutes to go.  However, we all know from the Bucs game in 2003 that it’s possible to score 21 points in 4 minutes or less.  Also, I do think Gase wanted to give Peyton a shot at breaking the record if he didn’t play next week.  Verdict: POSSIBLY running up the score.

Week 17 vs the Raiders: Peyton doesn’t play at all in the second half. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

In summary, there’s only one possible TD pass in one possible game, where you could say they were running up the score.  And that was the TD pass to break the record.

lol. Nice justifications especially the first game vs the Ravens where he threw 7 TDs. But hey at least you said it was a "possibility" that he did it just once though to get the record, right? 

lol. Nice justifications especially the first game vs the Ravens where he threw 7 TDs. But hey at least you said it was a "possibility" that he did it just once though to get the record, right? 

Don't bother. If Brady or Brees have lots of TDs they are of course running the score and garbage TDs. But NOT Peyton who has had not one but two seasons of 49 and 55 TDs and ALL TDs were relevant to help his team win. And of course his latest Papa John's ad has him asking Papa John if he ever gets tired of making pizzas to which Papa John replies, "Do you ever get tired of throwing TD passes?" And Peyton just smirks and shakes his head and says "good point." lol.

What other td would you consider unnecessary?

He could have thrown for 60+ tds if that's what they wanted to do

Week 1 vs Ravens: Peyton throws a TD pass with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter to make it 42-17, seemingly securing the win.  But wait, Ravens make it 42-27 with 5:30 to go, so it’s a two possession game.  Trying to just pick up the first down, Peyton throws a screen pass for the first down, but it goes for a TD. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week2 vs Giants: Peyton throws a TD pass with 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter to make it 31-16. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 3 vs Raiders: Peyton doesn’t throw any TD passes in the second half of the blowout. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 4 vs the Eagles: Peyton last throws a TD pass in the 3rd quarter. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 5 vs Cowboys: Peyton needs to comeback in order to win. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 6 vs Jaguars: Peyton doesn’t throw a TD pass after the 1st quarter. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 7 vs Colts: Broncos lose like we all remember lol. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 8 vs Redskins: Broncos are losing for most of this game.  Peyton leads a comeback and last throws a TD pass with 6:35 to go in the 4th when it was just a 10 point lead. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 10 vs Chargers: Peyton last throws a TD pass in the 3rd quarter. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 11 vs the Chiefs: Peyton only throws a TD pass in the first quarter.  Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 12 vs the Patriots: Peyton loses to the patriots.  Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 13 vs the Chiefs: Peyton last throws a TD with 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter to make it a two possession game.  They wind up winning by only a TD.  Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 14 vs Titans: Peyton last throws a TD pass with 9 minutes to go in the 4th quarter when it was less than a 2 possession game.  This was also the I-can-play-in-cold-weather statement game. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

Week 16 vs  Texans: First game where you could make a case for “running up the score.” Up until the 4th quarter, the Broncos offense was anemic (they moved the ball but struggled to score TDs). Then they explode and Peyton throws for 3 TDs.  The last TD pass, the one that breaks, the record, was questionable as the Broncos were up by 17 points at this point and there was 4:30 minutes to go.  However, we all know from the Bucs game in 2003 that it’s possible to score 21 points in 4 minutes or less.  Also, I do think Gase wanted to give Peyton a shot at breaking the record if he didn’t play next week.  Verdict: POSSIBLY running up the score.

Week 17 vs the Raiders: Peyton doesn’t play at all in the second half. Verdict: NOT running up the score.

In summary, there’s only one possible TD pass in one possible game, where you could say they were running up the score.  And that was the TD pass to break the record.

haha

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The two loudest statements in Monday night’s 41-14 debacle against the Chiefs came without any words being said.
The first came when rookie backup Jimmy Garoppolo tossed a touchdown pass with 7:25 left in a blowout loss. Coming off the field, Garoppolo got some pats on the head from teammates and had a nice conversation with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Rob Gronkowski sought out Garoppolo, interrupted his conversation with McDaniels, and gave him congratulations for throwing his first career NFL touchdown.

But not everyone was outwardly happy for the kid.

Tom Brady gave passive high-fives to the other offensive players coming off the field — Gronk, Julian Edelman, the offensive linemen — but stayed clear of Garoppolo. Brady didn’t offer him any congratulations or daps.

Lee_patchief12_spts.jpg

I feel like BB lost his edge, he has been drafting a lot of bad defensive players over the last few years except Mayo.

I thought so to. I know Bill is pretty well known for not saying much during press conferences but last night seemed more telling than anytime in the past. It is almost like he has become used to doing what he does with no questions at all & now he is having to answer for it. The most interesting response or non response was when asked about the qb situation.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5DF420A2B71128577379418226688_294491cb9ed.5.1.7983774923282492697.mp4?versionId=yQaiSg0yNGwaWrAWUHgk1F5rDZLpSwe3

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The two loudest statements in Monday night’s 41-14 debacle against the Chiefs came without any words being said.
The first came when rookie backup Jimmy Garoppolo tossed a touchdown pass with 7:25 left in a blowout loss. Coming off the field, Garoppolo got some pats on the head from teammates and had a nice conversation with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Rob Gronkowski sought out Garoppolo, interrupted his conversation with McDaniels, and gave him congratulations for throwing his first career NFL touchdown.

Tom Brady gave passive high-fives to the other offensive players coming off the field — Gronk, Julian Edelman, the offensive linemen — but stayed clear of Garoppolo. Brady didn’t offer him any congratulations or daps.

Lee_patchief12_spts.jpg

Yes Brady and Garoppolo don't like each other and Brady was jealous of him. There's a big QB controversy in Foxboro and Tom and Jimmy aren't speaking. Brady is sour grapes and the bad guy we always knew he was and shame on him for ruining Jimmy's night.

Lee_patchief12_spts.jpg

What publication was this from? 

I thought you weren't a pot-stirrer?  ;)

Like I have always said, we will eventually get the answer to who was the real reason behind the Pats dynasty - Bill or Brady. We may get that a lot sooner and I think it is going to be a resounding Brady.

It was the whole package. Those 2003 and 2004 teams were incredible, and the 2007 team is still one of the best we've ever seen. But in the NFL no game has ever been a given...and each guy is responsible in different ways. Without Brady they don't win in 2001...without Belichick in 2003, maybe they don't get home field advantage if they lose to Denver until he called for an intentional safety and they came back and won...and on and on and on. The Patriots won 3 Superbowls by a total of 9 points, they lost 2 Superbowls by a total of 7 points. They could easily have 5 championships right now, they could easily have 0. That's the game, and you can't speculate on what if's when trying to determine a player or coach's legacy. Teams win when they have a perfect storm of talent, coaching, execution, and luck. 

What publication was this from? 

I thought you weren't a pot-stirrer?  ;)

Sorry, I didn't  really mean to be.   I had just read that, and actually I had not witnessed it, figured others had missed it as well.

btw ~  If I'm being honest, I don't have anything against Brady, and I don't really get a lot of enjoyment seeing him like this (like a lot of other's do).    I do get a bit tired of "others" constantly cramming him down our throats, and gloating about it,    but I have always respected him, and what he's done.

And this was a story from the Boston Globe    There's a lot more to the story, including that BB is not interested in sitting Brady and that there is no QB controversy in N.E.  

Here's the link and entire story.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/30/for-tom-brady-end-game-has-become-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

It was the whole package. Those 2003 and 2004 teams were incredible, and the 2007 team is still one of the best we've ever seen. But in the NFL no game has ever been a given...and each guy is responsible in different ways. Without Brady they don't win in 2001...without Belichick in 2003, maybe they don't get home field advantage if they lose to Denver until he called for an intentional safety and they came back and won...and on and on and on. The Patriots won 3 Superbowls by a total of 9 points, they lost 2 Superbowls by a total of 7 points. They could easily have 5 championships right now, they could easily have 0. That's the game, and you can't speculate on what if's when trying to determine a player or coach's legacy. Teams win when they have a perfect storm of talent, coaching, execution, and luck. 

I agree with all of this BUT the question of Bill/Brady has been there since they won that first magical championship in 2001. And of course went on to have this incredible 13 year run of success. Other teams have tried to copy the Patriot Way, i.e. KC with Pioli and Denver with McDaniels, and the Jets and Cleveland with Mangini and all have failed. I really believe that without Brady, it is a futile approach to the game and I think what we are seeing this season is a testament to that.

Sorry, I didn't really mean to be. I had just read that, and actually I had not witnessed it, figured others had missed it as well.

btw ~ If I'm being honest, I don't have anything against Brady, and I don't really get a lot of enjoyment seeing him like this (like a lot of other's do). I do get a bit tired of "others" constantly cramming him down our throats, and gloating about it, but I have always respected him, and what he's done.

And this was a story from the Boston Globe There's a lot more to the story, including that BB is not interested in sitting Brady and that there is no QB controversy in N.E.

Here's the link and entire story.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/30/for-tom-brady-end-game-has-become-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

Oh no worries, I was just having fun! Gotta have fun doing something these days since watching football is rapidly dropping from that category, lol...

You're always better than ok by me. Never a doubt!

Our defense is a problem, but our offense is a bigger problem.

McDaniels has not used our offense at its full potential...we suck.

We need a new OC and someone like Crennel to fix the D-Line...

I can feel your frustration coming off your post like a radioactive heat from leaky nuclear weapon. Josh McDaniels is not your problem. Just wait for Rex Ryan to get fired & pick him up as you new DC.  

Well. That was ugly.

I didn't go through all 9 pages of this thread but suffice to say, the Patriots are in big trouble. I've been willing to go with the old "it's early in the season" mantra up until last night. But I think it's past that point now. That was awful. Terrible football played by a team that can't seem to do anything right at the moment, except cover punts. 

Let's start at the top. I don't know what Belichick and his coaches have been seeing on film but they have yet to go into a game with anything resembling a solid game plan. They seem to start really slow on both sides of the ball, and I'm not seeing a lot of in-game adjustments - at least none that are working, anyway. 

Brady... not sure what to say about #12 right now. If you watched the game (or even just part of it) you saw what I saw. Part of it is his protection. Part of it is guys not getting open. But a big part of it is Brady himself. He's not playing with any confidence. You can see it... if they run into a 3rd-and-8 or something like that, it's almost like he's ready to run off the field after second down. I don't question the effort and I don't think that it's even worth considering doing anything crazy at this point, but if ANYTHING is going to turn around here, it's going to need to start with #12 removing his head from his butt. Unless this is some kind of drastic career cliff and he really has "lost it," then he needs to lead the way in getting things back on track.

The offense as a whole has been horrendous. Removing the garbage time TD, they've managed just two touchdowns in the past two games - and one of those games (Raiders) was against what's arguably the worst team in the NFL. They can't block anyone. Nate Solder got schooled by Hali, especially on the strip sack. Never even made contact with him? C'mon. I can see getting beat but he looked like a statue on that play. The receivers aren't getting open with any regularity. The backs aren't hitting holes with any authority. They can't run, can't pass, can't move the ball... it's a complete disaster right now.

Defensively? That was one of the worst games I've seen the Patriots play in 15 years. Their supposedly revamped D can't handle the run, they tackle poorly, they're out of position all the time... even when they know the run is coming and stack against it, the other team is still getting 4-5 yards a pop. In the passing game I simply don't understand the lack of aggressiveness. They're not using Revis's strengths. They're playing soft zones. They can't rush the passer. They can't get off the field on 3rd down.

It's been a long time since I've seen the Patriots play like that. Not sure if there's been a worse game in the Brady-Belichick era. There have been some bad ones, but none that I recall were as non-competitive as what we saw last night. 

There's still time for them to turn it around and as others have noted the AFC East is just flat-out awful. 8-8 could conceivably win the division and earn a team a home game. The Bills just benched their QB, the Jets SHOULD bench their QB, the Dolphins almost benched their QB and still might... so that's the upside at this point. 

They should also get Browner (back from suspension) and Dennard (out with a shoulder problem) back this week or next, and I'm wondering if that means they'll shake up the secondary a little.

I know a lot of fans around the NFL have been waiting for the Patriots to decline and are probably enjoying this, lol... maybe their time is indeed up. We'll find out. But even if it is, then it's been a heck of a run. Definitely among the most dominating decade-plus performances in league history. Everything good must end. Maybe this is it, maybe it's not yet.

My perspective on football has changed so much... I still enjoy it, but in my 20s I'd brood about for a few days after a tough loss like this. Now not so much at all. 

My daughter (precocious 5 years of age) woke up this morning and asked, "Daddy did your team win?" I laughed and said, "No honey, not even close." She just said, "Oh..." and paused for a moment  in thought... then said, "Well, what color pants did they wear?"  ;)

Love it.  :thmup:

This is why I consider you a must read GP. You are not afraid to dispense tough love on your favorite franchise. I didn't see the Raiders game & NE always has fits with Miami & yes last night looked god awful for NE fans that's true, but how in the world could you be suggesting the Brady needs to "remove his head from his butt?" HC BB uses Brady as the model citizen to criticize everybody else in the film room on that entire squad. Jimmy G. would get killed if BB starts him against the Bengals. Bill can't afford to sit Tom down even if he wanted to. 

I am not praying for NE's complete collapse & given what both Bill & Tom did last year going to the AFC Championship Game with a ton of player injuries NE is not DOA. Like Jvan said, your division is a chaotic mess & even after last nights KC thumping the Patriots are still better than your closest rivals. People always get too darn scared when the wheels fall off & I never understand that. Once you get crushed like that, there's only 1 thing to do: Hunker down, focus on alignment & tackling duties, & just work on route running & throwing. Yes, the situation is serious, but panicing is the worst thing coaches, players, & fans can do.

If a person thinks they are going to die tomorrow, they will probably find a way to achieve that very goal. Lick your wounds, dust your self off, & keep fighting darn it. The only time I ever concede to defeat with no resistance whatsoever is when I literally drop dead.

Don't bother. If Brady or Brees have lots of TDs they are of course running the score and garbage TDs. But NOT Peyton who has had not one but two seasons of 49 and 55 TDs and ALL TDs were relevant to help his team win. And of course his latest Papa John's ad has him asking Papa John if he ever gets tired of making pizzas to which Papa John replies, "Do you ever get tired of throwing TD passes?" And Peyton just smirks and shakes his head and says "good point." lol.

LOL

This is the second time I can remember you trying to use something Manning said in a commercial as proof that he's running up the score.

LOL

I didn't say it was every game but that not every TD was relevant. That has been the point all along but you keep going and try to pretend that they were. Oh wait, you did admit that the TD in Houston was no needed but just to get the record, right? lol.

There is no hiding here.

Yeah, i have been saying from the beginning, Houston game he went to break the record. Who wouldnt when you are at 49?.

There wont be any response to this :).

Like I have always said, we will eventually get the answer to who was the real reason behind the Pats dynasty - Bill or Brady. We may get that a lot sooner and I think it is going to be a resounding Brady.

I doubt that.

Either you know less about Bill or you pretend. Ever watch Football life Cleveland Browns. See what Ozzie Says about Bill and Ravens SB.

And Pats won the SB, Trent Dilfer would have done just fine with those teams. Brady didn't even play the AFCCG the first one.

I'm sure I'm alone here but I enjoyed the game. And no I'm not glutten for punishment :) .  I just enjoy football.

It the Pats were sloppy- ie: a lot of penalties, undisciplined,  etc then I would be upset. But the Chiefs were good and as a football fan you have to the admire that. The Pats were ok too -just the Chiefs were 5 times better that day:)

But then I don't look at the end of the season FIRST or the SB. Just the game being played.

I'm sure I'm alone here but I enjoyed the game. And no I'm not glutten for punishment :) .  I just enjoy football.

It the Pats were sloppy- ie: a lot of penalties, undisciplined,  etc then I would be upset. But the Chiefs were good and as a football fan you have to the admire that. The Pats were ok too -just the Chiefs were 5 times better that day:)

But then I don't look at the end of the season FIRST or the SB. Just the game being played.

Jamaal Charles was awesome to watch last night.  He was unstoppable.

great post . . . thanks for taking the time to do the research . . . nice to see that you went through each game and each key possession of said game . . . I hear yah on the last possession of the Houston game . . . it is tough call late in the game like that and not having enough real estate to run the clock out, from what I recall they were near the red zone so not enough space to run out the clock . . . I guess one could argue run it down then run it in the endzone . . . so yah I see a point that one could use that possession as a point that the back up QB should be in the game . . .

as for the rest of the Bronco's season I don't think I can think of a possession that they had Manning in when he should not of been, that 7th TD in the Baltimore game was a pass that had a break down in D and it ran the distance. . . and for the most part the entire season the D kept the opponent in the game to the point manning needed to be in it the game, which was a benefit to him . . . its not like they were leading 35-7 midway through the 4th, but were leading like 35-24 and thus all the starters needed to be still in the game . . . it is not like 2004 and 2007 when Manning and Brady came out a lot more than as opponent did not score as much as in some games in 2013 . . .  

actually speaking of 2004 and 2007 some time you want to run the same research as you did in the above post . . . what you will find might surprise you . . . things are not the they way they seem to some of your fellow colts fans in this forum . . . the teams performed and basically acted in the same way with about 3 or so possessions that one might view like Broncos last possession against Houston . . .  

and again thanks for the taking the time to do the research . . . :thmup:

LOL

This is the second time I can remember you trying to use something Manning said in a commercial as proof that he's running up the score.

LOL

Supes, before you take the time to make posts like these you should take a page from supremecoltsfan300 page book and run the research on the 2004 and 2007 seasons . . . when you do you will find out that the two seasons where very similar in that each team had about 3 possessions, each in a separate game, in which one might raise an eyebrow as to why the starting QB was in the game . . . and each had roughly the same number of games/possessions/time with the back ups in the game . . .

so given that one should view the team's actions as the same, you know what I mean ;), and this was the point of AM's post . . . what is good for the goose (Manning) is good for the gander (Brady) . . .   

You thought the they were ok? The Chiefs were great while the fans were loud but the Patriots just flat out stunk.

Supes, before you take the time to make posts like these you should take a page from supremecoltsfan300 page book and run the research on the 2004 and 2007 seasons . . . when you do you will find out that the two seasons where very similar in that each team had about 3 possessions, each in a separate game, in which one might raise an eyebrow as to why the starting QB was in the game . . . and each had roughly the same number of games/possessions/time with the back ups in the game . . .

so given that one should view the team's actions as the same, you know what I mean ;), and this was the point of AM's post . . . what is good for the goose (Manning) is good for the gander (Brady) . . .   

What?

Two things:

1) I never make an issue of the 2007 Pats running up the score.

2) My comment to AM had nothing to do with the Pats.

That being said, I'm not sure what need there is for me to "research" something that I already know, and that has been repeated a thousand times, and that I absolutely don't care about.

Tonight (well, last night), a Dynasty died. Sorry, I had to....I do think the Pats' dominance is waning. What they have done since 2002 is remarkable, and that is saying a lot coming from a die hard Colts fan and Pats hater. It's too early to tell what's in store, and BB always has a knack for getting the most out of his players. So, we will see. That said, I took great pleasure in seeing the Pats get truly whomped for the first time in years.

But all hate aside...I respect what the Pats have done over this past decade+. It's like in Anchorman: "Ron Burgundy, I hate you. I hate you with ever fiber of my being. But DAMN IT, I respect you."

What?

Two things:

1) I never make an issue of the 2007 Pats running up the score.

2) My comment to AM had nothing to do with the Pats.

That being said, I'm not sure what need there is for me to "research" something that I already know, and that has been repeated a thousand times, and that I absolutely don't care about.

sorry, I must have misunderstood your post, my bad . . . I take it that you were playing along with AM's joke regarding the commercials, sorry . . . the thrust of her post was getting to the point about trying to look at things in the same way when we view different players and teams and she makes a joking reference to the commercial . . . as you picked up on her post I thought you were addressing her entire post and not laughing along with your joke . . . I apologize my bad . . .

I just made the point regarding the research as the last time I recall you and I were on this subject you were supporting the arguments of what the folks/media was saying that the pats ran up the score while others did teams did not do what they did (the thrust of AM's post). . . I know you do not have a problem with a team running up the score . . . it was just that back then I had a tough time convincing you that the two (04 and 07) were the same . . . now that I see you see that they are there is no need to do research . . .  

The pats really got spanked last night and it reminded me of them getting spanked in 2009 against the Saints . . . as it stands now they do not look good at all . . . time will tell to see how far they will get . . .

If they can get it turned around they will be a very dangerous team . . .

this weekend's game against Cinn. will be big as its against a potential division winner in the AFC so it will have playoff seeding implications if they both win their respective divisions

sorry, I must have misunderstood your post, my bad . . . I take it that you were playing along with AM's joke regarding the commercials, sorry . . . the thrust of her post was getting to the point about trying to look at things in the same way when we view different players and teams and she makes a joking reference to the commercial . . . as you picked up on her post I thought you were addressing her entire post and not laughing along with your joke . . . I apologize my bad . . .

I just made the point regarding the research as the last time I recall you and I were on this subject you were supporting the arguments of what the folks/media was saying that the pats ran up the score while others did teams did not do what they did (the thrust of AM's post). . . I know you do not have a problem with a team running up the score . . . it was just that back then I had a tough time convincing you that the two (04 and 07) were the same . . . now that I see you see that they are there is no need to do research . . .  

No, let's not put words in my mouth. I disagree with your assertion that the 2004 Colts and the 2007 Patriots were the same, but it's not relevant to me. I also wasn't supporting what "folks/media" were saying. Again, I just don't care as much as others might, and 7 years later, I don't know why it's still on anyone's mind.

And regarding AM's commercial comment, I'm not sure that's just a joke. Like I said, it's the second time it's come up, and if I remember correctly, it wasn't just a tongue-in-cheek kind of comment last time.

LOL

LOL

When he is not on the field, he is usually in front of the camera so it is fair game. All in good fun Superman. Glad I could make you laugh - twice.