Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats vs Chiefs

snkdy

Looking at it, it looks like the Patriots have gotten their easiest two opponents out of the way (Minnesota and Oakland). Schedule for them just looks daunting from here on out.

It's NOT going to be easy going into Lambeau and outshooting the Packers.

The Bears and the Lions, while I think the Patriots are better than both of them, I do think have the talent to make those games competitive.

The Broncos I think are self-explanatory.

Bengals should put up a fight in Foxboro next week.

Playing the Chargers on the west coast will be a very tough game for the Patriots.

They still have 5 division games left too, I'd expect a couple of those games to be tough for the Patriots (well, probably not the Bills...)

Colts might give them fits also... no?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. But when a team is up by 28 points with just a few minutes left, it is time to run the clock out. The Patriots decide to pass in those situations. The defenses are expecting run, so everyone can go home. They have conceded defeat. Yet Brady needs more yards and points.

It is ridiculous. 

I didn't see anyone pointing fingers last season when Manning was putting up huge numbers when having big leads?

I didn't see anyone pointing fingers last season when Manning was putting up huge numbers when having big leads?

That is because everyone wanted to see Peyton break that tainted record.

When Peyton broke it with the Colts, he could have thrown 60. He was unstoppable. But he did not. He came out in the second half of nearly every game. 

When Peyton broke it with the Colts, he could have thrown 60. He was unstoppable. But he did not. He came out in the second half of nearly every game. 

Ehhh... somewhat true but you're embellishing a bit. I do think Brady and BB took dead aim on that record that year right from around week 5. Just too many TD passes when the game was decided and when it could have been easy run in. I think if the Colts and Manning played that same kind of "game" he throws 54-55 . Sixty is a bit of a stretch. 

I said last season. Don't get me wrong because I am a Manning fan but just because I am a Colts fan doe not mean I hate on Brady like most do. There are a lot of Colts fans who get selective sight and hearing when it comes to the Brady vs Manning thing.

I said last season. Don't get me wrong because I am a Manning fan but just because I am a Colts fan doe not mean I hate on Brady like most do. There are a lot of Colts fans who get selective sight and hearing when it comes to the Brady vs Manning thing.

The only game last year i think Manning was throwing late in the 4th was the Houston game to get the 50th TD.

All other games, he was needed to play till the end.

The only game last year i think Manning was throwing late in the 4th was the Houston game to get the 50th TD.

All other games, he was needed to play till the end.

After looking at the records of 2013 the Broncos had 5 games where they had a lead of 20 points or more in the 4th quarter. How about the Eagle game? They had a 32 point lead and Manning did not come out of that game. Maybe you need to rephrase your comment to read all the Patriot haters wanted Manning to break the record?

Brady has looked like crap this season. No way to sugar coat it. It was just on display tonight with a giant red bow on the entire team for everyone to watch in the country.

I don't know how it ends from this time on though........going forward.

You can't just blame the defense either. The offense doesn't sustain much at all to even give the D much of a rest. Week 2 they got lucky with all those picks. Heck they even got lucky with all the picks we gave them in the playoffs before Denver sand blasted then a week later.

Without interceptions that D is toast.

And Brady looks really lost. The whole offense does but he can't be excused anymore.

Brady has looked like crap this season. No way to sugar coat it. It was just on display tonight with a giant red bow on the entire team for everyone to watch in the country.

I don't know how it ends from this time on though........going forward.

You can't just blame the defense either. The offense doesn't sustain much at all to even give the D much of a rest. Week 2 they got lucky with all those picks. Heck they even got lucky with all the picks we gave them in the playoffs before Denver sand blasted then a week later.

Without interceptions that D is toast.

And Brady looks really lost. The whole offense does but he can't be excused anymore.

I agree. They beat the Vikes because of Cassel throwing picks along with a blocked field goal. Next weeks Sunday night game against the Bengals will be fun too because Dalton will shred the Pats d & might very well catch a few td's too.

Fun press conference, Belicheck isn't exactly the life of the party when he WINS let alone when he's obliterated!!!  

I think this is what medievle torture on the rack looks like :P

Holy Moly man I haven't seen NE completely collapse like that in a very long time. KC just dominated on the ground tonight. Their line literally pushed the Pats backwards tonight even Vince Wilfork got pushed out of the way on a TD drive. KC's time of possession was outstanding tonight. Was Alex Smith ever sacked in the game? His jersey had no grass stains on it period. I wish the Colts could get penetration on the o-line like the Chiefs did. Jesus...

I did like watching Bill during the press conference after the game. A reporter asked him if they regretted losing Mankins & he basically said we don't deal in the past only here & now. I admire the grey hoodie's no excuses approach. No nonsense just go back to the drawing board. I don't take anything out of Brady being pulled in the 4th QTR. ESPN journalists are just fools. The game was already decided. Why risk an injury to your franchise QB? Give Jimmy G. some reps in a regular game. Brady is not being replaced with Jimmy. That's just ludicrous beyond belief to even say that with a straight face. LOL! 

BB has the exact same tone & demeanor whether they win or lose. If you didn't know the score, no one would know who won or lost in any NE game let's be honest here.

Okay, you did say that GAFT. My apologies. I misread your statement wrong the 1st time or skimmed it too fast anyway. Yeah, I do often wonder what Foxboro beat writers type in their columns since he gives you nothing but cliches to work with on a weekly basis. It a calculated move on Bill's part from his lessons learned in Cleveland, but I do feel bad for reporters who can't elaborate on cryptic slogans all the time. He's a brilliant coach who gives you mirages in the desert a lot on purpose...Not a deception on purpose more like a trail of bread crumbs at best & that's if he's feeling generous. 

After looking at the records of 2013 the Broncos had 5 games where they had a lead of 20 points or more in the 4th quarter. How about the Eagle game? They had a 32 point lead and Manning did not come out of that game. Maybe you need to rephrase your comment to read all the Patriot haters wanted Manning to break the record?

I dont need to re phrase anything.

Denver has an history of losing big leads. Did you remember the Patriots game last year?. There is no reason for him to come out.

Like Blueshoe said, Manning have easily had in 2004 not for being pulled out.

I missed tonights game since I had to work, but I had a bad feeling about this game because the Dolphins ran the ball well and they destroyed us. I think MN would have done the same if they had AP...we could have easily gone 0-3 this season.

I'll have to watch the whole game later on to comment on this game.

Like I said few threads ago I did not like the run stop game of the Patriots and our front 7 have been mediocre at best.

Teams like the Broncos would rip us apart in the playoffs if we go that far...

Of course the last time we had a season like this (back in 2003) we won the SB...

I dont need to re phrase anything.

Denver has an history of losing big leads. Did you remember the Patriots game last year?. There is no reason for him to come out.

Like Blueshoe said, Manning have easily had in 2004 not for being pulled out.

Like I said. The Patriot haters are the ones who made an issue about it in the first place. Is that too hard to comprehend? I was one of them that had a problem with the Pats running up the score. I shouldn't have but I did because it was the Patriots. I know I was far from being a small majority in this train of thought. You really think that Colt and or Patriot fans don't have selective vision and or hearing when it comes to Manning and Brady?

Like I said. The Patriot haters are the ones who made an issue about it in the first place. Is that too hard to comprehend? I was one of them that had a problem with the Pats running up the score. I shouldn't have but I did because it was the Patriots. I know I was far from being a small majority in this train of thought. You really think that Colt and or Patriot fans don't have selective vision and or hearing when it comes to Manning and Brady?

Drink some water buddy.

You dont need to get all edgy and worked up.

I get your point.

Question is if they put him out there & he does struggle will BB bench him for good?

Do you honestly think Jimmy G. would give NE a better change to win? I don't care what QB NE put in tonight the result would have been the exact same thing Skelly. 

Arrowhead is a bottleneck stadium designed to hold maximum sound in a concentrated pocket & Chandler Jones with the exception of 1 play was held in check & contained all night. 

John Gruden said it perfectly tonight. If you give Brady a clean pocket, he will pick you apart all night. Brady is not all washed up & Alex Smith is not that darn good trust me. 

I have never seen the Pats running game stopped dead in it's tracks like that either. A credit to KC's hustle to the ball. Once the running game got immobilized, Brady had to take risks & the turnovers happened. 

Why did NE not try more blitzing late in the game? Yeah, I realize the danger of 1 on 1 coverage down the field, but you need to hit Smith & force him off his spot. Yes, I know he can run but after the 3rd TD, NE's got go after Smith just to stay alive in the game. 

Do you honestly think Jimmy G. would give NE a better change to win? I don't care what QB NE put in tonight the result would have been the exact same thing Skelly. 

Arrowhead is a bottleneck stadium designed to hold maximum sound in a concentrated pocket & Chandler Jones with the exception of 1 play was held in check & contained all night. 

John Gruden said it perfectly tonight. If you give Brady a clean pocket, he will pick you apart all night. Brady is not all washed up & Alex Smith is not that darn good trust me. 

I have never seen the Pats running game stopped dead in it's tracks like that either. A credit to KC's hustle to the ball. Once the running game got immobilized, Brady had to take risks & the turnovers happened. 

Why did NE not try more blitzing late in the game? Yeah, I realize the danger of 1 on 1 coverage down the field, but you need to hit Smith & force him off his spot. Yes, I know he can run but after the 3rd TD, NE's got go after Smith just to stay alive in the game. 

If you seen the game tonight Brady had 150 something yards with 40+ coming on one play. Brady had time to make some throws but was either overthrowing or under throwing everyone all night & it isn't a one game deal. The best passes he threw were to the other team. I don't know if a permanent change is needed or not but when Jimmy came in they did score immediately. 

If you seen the game tonight Brady had 150 something yards with 40+ coming on one play. Brady had time to make some throws but was either overthrowing or under throwing everyone all night & it isn't a one game deal. The best passes he threw were to the other team. I don't know if a permanent change is needed or not but when Jimmy came in they did score immediately. 

I will admit that Brady had an off night, but a 3 time SB Champion is entitled to a pass or mulligan exemption IMO. WR Edelman stopped running on 1 route which resulted in 1 turnover. 

1 TD by a 2nd string QB does not remove a soon to be HOF QB who has played in 5 SBs Skelly come on now.  Could you imagine INDY's lackluster running game against the Chiefs tonight? Yikes. 

In addition, NE's offensive line wasn't giving Brady time to survey the field tonight & Brady cannot really run either. But, he should have run for that 1st down tonight vs throw to Edelman. Yes, NE is a foe, but a well respected foe that I do admire. 

KC deserves credit for their great o-line & running tonight, but if you switched QBs & put Brady in a Chiefs jersey, who wouldn't kick caboose with all the time Smith had to throw the ball? & most of KC's runs got at least 5 yards minimum. 

I remember Alex Smith in San Francisco & how he was almost a QB bust until Jim Harbaugh & the 49ers picked him up. I've never been enamored with Mr. Smith. He's highly overrated. 

I will admit that Brady had an off night, but a 3 time SB Champion is entitled to a pass or mulligan exemption IMO. WR Edelman stopped running on 1 route which resulted in 1 turnover. 

1 TD by a 2nd string QB does not remove a soon to be HOF QB who has played in 5 SBs Skelly come on now.  Could you imagine INDY's lackluster running game against the Chiefs tonight? Yikes. 

Getting benched is a product of the whole season & in fact Brady has something in common with another benched player named EJ Manuel in that the two of them have the lowest completion percentages in the NFL when throwing for 5 yards or more. Brady is at a paltry 43% with Manuel at 40%. That won't change much tonight & the mulligan has been used up. The Edelman deal is odd because there were a few plays I saw in which he forced the ball in there when Gronkowski was wide open for a short throw. Brady flat out was making bad choices as he has all year long. 

Our running game wouldn't be an issue against KC because the team would be passing more like they did in the playoff game with Luck throwing for 400 yards +. of course the lack of Charles at the beginning changed that game. The two teams could meet again this year.

Getting benched is a product of the whole season & in fact Brady has something in common with another benched player named EJ Manuel in that the two of them have the lowest completion percentages in the NFL when throwing for 5 yards or more. Brady is at a paltry 43% with Manuel at 40%. That won't change much tonight & the mulligan has been used up. The Edelman deal is odd because there were a few plays I saw in which he forced the ball in there when Gronkowski was wide open for a short throw. Brady flat out was making bad choices as he has all year long. 

Our running game wouldn't be an issue against KC because the team would be passing more like they did in the playoff game with Luck throwing for 400 yards +. of course the lack of Charles at the beginning changed that game. The two teams could meet again this year.

BB is not benching Brady with the Bengals coming up. Jimmy G's head would spin with that defense coming at him. It's way too early to even think about removing Tom. Nate Solder played like crap tonight too. Let's not gloss over that either. I do not see any Drew Bledsoe parallel examples either if that's what you're driving at. Jimmy isn't prepared to take over. No way; no how. 

You cannot assume or expect Luck to duplicate that KC Playoff performance with an encore. If we can't run effectively in the post season, INDY is dead in the water. Bradshaw I have faith in; TR not so much...

"Brady...was making bad choices...all year long" NE is 2-2 & until we get to week 8; no honest assessment can really be made of Brady's QB performance IMO or any QB for that matter. 

BB is not benching Brady with the Bengals coming up. Jimmy G's head would spin with that defense coming at him. It's way too early to even think about removing Tom. Nate Solder played like crap tonight too. Let's not gloss over that either. I do see any Drew Bledsoe parallel examples either if that's what you're driving at. Jimmy isn't prepared to take over. No way; no how. 

You cannot assume or expect Luck to duplicate that KC Playoff performance with an encore. If we can't run effectively in the post season, INDY is dead in the water. Bradshaw I have faith in; TR not so much...

"Brady...was making bad choices...all year long" NE is 2-2 & until we get to week 8; no honest assessment can really be made of Brady's QB performance IMO or any QB for that matter. 

Brady's head will spin like Regan's head did in The Exorcist with the defense coming at him like he did tonight. Fumbles, picks, and all the same mistakes included. That is if some major changes are not made whether in the o-line or the qb or both. the defense is horrid too. I can make an assessment & will say that team is lucky to have any wins. 

I'm not sure what the Colts have to do with the topic.

I agree. They beat the Vikes because of Cassel throwing picks along with a blocked field goal. Next weeks Sunday night game against the Bengals will be fun too because Dalton will shred the Pats d & might very well catch a few td's too.

I will acknowledge that NE's defense does not look good right now, but Andy Dalton is no premier QB. Just ask Phillip Rivers who torched him at home last season.  haha

If the Bengals win next week, it's strictly due to their defense & ground game not anything Dalton does to seal the deal. I'm not sold on Andy yet who needs to win a Playoff gave before I take him seriously in this league. 

Brady's head will spin like Regan's head did in The Exorcist with the defense coming at him like he did tonight. Fumbles, picks, and all the same mistakes included. That is if some major changes are not made whether in the o-line or the qb or both. the defense is horrid too. I can make an assessment & will say that team is lucky to have any wins. 

I'm not sure what the Colts have to do with the topic.

I agree that changes must be made on NE's line & because of their difficulty to protect tonight you can't put a rookie QB in there. Doing that would destroy Jimmy's psyche & make his regress backwards. 

" Luck throwing for 400 yards +. " You mentioned Luck yourself sir that's why I said what I said. 

I agree that changes must be made on NE's line & because of their difficulty to protect tonight you can't put a rookie QB in there. Doing that would destroy Jimmy's psyche & make his regress backwards. 

" Luck throwing for 400 yards +. " You mentioned Luck yourself sir that's why I said what I said. 

Everyone starts somewhere. If you play sports & fear causes you to regress you might need to find a new gig.

The whole Colts comment was an answer to what you said but I digress about the team. So I didn't start that.

Brutal game guys. I didn't read this whole thread as I am sure I can guess the posts. ;)

My feeling is the Pats coaching staff is the most to blame. To begin the game in the shotgun and establish no run game early was a huge mistake. I get that the KC LBs and secondary are weak but right now the Pats can't be a pure pass game offense. We have to run to set up the play action. I really thought the Vikings game plan was what we needed to do. Simplify, go big and run to step up the pass. They also inactivated Thompkins and Dobson. Only 3 pure receivers were active. Have NO idea why. Makes no sense. None.

My biggest disappointment is the defense. I don't understand why it is not performing better given the personnel. I do think the Pats need to get a legit DC. And stay in the 4-3 and keep Revis in man. I am not sure what they are doing but it is not working at all. I realize the KC offense can be potent but that was a horrible showing like the second half vs Miami.

On the bright side, Brady did spread the ball and Lafells had a great game and Gronk looks close to being back. And of course, Jimmy looked good in relief which is a great sign for the future.

Brutal game guys. I didn't read this whole thread as I am sure I can guess the posts. ;)

My feeling is the Pats coaching staff is the most to blame. To begin the game in the shotgun and establish no run game early was a huge mistake. I get that the KC LBs and secondary are weak but right now the Pats can't be a pure pass game offense. We have to run to set up the play action. I really thought the Vikings game plan was what we needed to do. Simplify, go big and run to step up the pass. They also inactivated Thompkins and Dobson. Only 3 pure receivers were active. Have NO idea why. Makes no sense. None.

My biggest disappointment is the defense. I don't understand why it is not performing better given the personnel. I do think the Pats need to get a legit DC. And stay in the 4-3 and keep Revis in man. I am not sure what they are doing but it is not working at all. I realize the KC offense can be potent but that was a horrible showing like the second half vs Miami.

On the bright side, Brady did spread the ball and Lafells had a great game and Gronk looks close to being back. And of course, Jimmy looked good in relief which is a great sign for the future.

Where is Amendola. The younger and better version of Welker?.

He looked great with Sam Bradford. Is he the washed up also before he reached the Pats?.

Where is Amendola. The younger and better version of Welker?.

He looked great with Sam Bradford. Is he the washed up also before he reached the Pats?.

No idea. He is the biggest mystery. He is not our number one the way he was for St. Louis but they need to find ways to get him the ball. He has been injured though so maybe not healthy?

I will be in a shock unit if Brady is benched. Never going to happen in 2014 anyway.

I don't know dw. Jimmy looked very good on the one drive last night but granted the Chiefs called off the hounds at that point. I don't think Brady will be benched this year either but the O can't continue to be this futile. Although it is not all Brady's fault, he is still the one with the ball. I do think a more mobile QB would help with a young line to avoid the pressure and sacks. I really don't understand what Josh McDaniels was doing last night with all the shotgun stuff and why on earth the Pats did not resign Blount but something is woefully wrong on that side of the ball and has been all season save for the first half vs the Fins.

Though it's a bit late, let's try to keep things from blowing out of proportion.

1: Every season even the elite QB's have at least one stinker game a year. Sometimes the team can carry them to a win, sometimes not.

2: This is not the first time Brady has been sat after having a terrible game and losing big. I wish I could recall the specific game/season, but it was so long ago I honestly can't remember when and where but it did happen. It may have been when they lost 40-0 or whatever in the opener against Buffalo in 2003/2004 when they turned the score around on the last game of the year and won the SB.

3: Brady is not going to be benched, the staff felt the game was out of reach and decided to give the backup some reps/game experience.

4: Brady is older, sure. He's never had the most accurate deep pass. He doesn't have the weapons he used to and, most importantly, doesn't have one of the top pass blocking O-lines in football. Not only that, it might be one of the worst.

5: It's so similar it's eerie. Brady is experiencing what Peyton did 2007-2012 in Indy.  Less (but still some good)weapons, no defense and no O-line. I'm not sure on NE's ability to run the ball, but we sure as hell couldn't do that or play ST either. We were able to make the playoffs regardless aside from one season for obvious reasons, but a large part of our ability to do so was our gutter division. NE shares that as well, as they have undeniably the worst division in football.

When was Manning putting up huge numbers with big leads? That didn't come close to happening.  Heck, he didn't even play the whole second half of the last game because they were up 28-0.  He didn't play the 4th quarter in the eagles game.  There was no game where he had a huge lead late and was still passing.  Even in the Baltimore game, Peyton threw a screen pass in the 4th quarter to try and just get a first down.  Turns it, since it was well execute and well timed, it went for a TD. There was no running up the score by the Broncos last year.

When was Manning putting up huge numbers with big leads? That didn't come close to happening.  Heck, he didn't even play the whole second half of the last game because they were up 28-0.  He didn't play the 4th quarter in the eagles game.  There was no game where he had a huge lead late and was still passing.  Even in the Baltimore game, Peyton threw a screen pass in the 4th quarter to try and just get a first down.  Turns it, since it was well execute and well timed, it went for a TD. There was no running up the score by the Broncos last year.

Not sure about the specifics in terms of the score when he did it but I remember Manning passing a ton from inside the 5 all season long especially to Welker.