Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats vs Chiefs

snkdy

I doubt that.

Either you know less about Bill or you pretend. Ever watch Football life Cleveland Browns. See what Ozzie Says about Bill and Ravens SB.

And Pats won the SB, Trent Dilfer would have done just fine with those teams. Brady didn't even play the AFCCG the first one.

Bill's record in Cleveland was 36-44 in six seasons with one playoff appearance. With Bledsoe, he was 5-13. And he was the QB that did finish that AFCCG in 2001 and yet Bill sat a healthy Bledsoe in favor of a hobbled Brady in the Super Bowl AND Bledsoe was the one with Super Bowl experience. Hmmmm. Of course it was the right decision as Brady not only won the game but led the game winning drive and secured his first of two SB MVPs.

I think Bill is a great coach but his GM approach only works if Brady is his QB. We will see with Jimmy soon enough but this is a rag tag team right now with Bill's fingerprints all over it. Of course, I do fully expect him to fix it because he is the best HC of all time but much of that will depend if he has Brady on board.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, let's not put words in my mouth. I disagree with your assertion that the 2004 Colts and the 2007 Patriots were the same, but it's not relevant to me. I also wasn't supporting what "folks/media" were saying. Again, I just don't care as much as others might, and 7 years later, I don't know why it's still on anyone's mind.

And regarding AM's commercial comment, I'm not sure that's just a joke. Like I said, it's the second time it's come up, and if I remember correctly, it wasn't just a tongue-in-cheek kind of comment last time.

You are way too serious sometimes.

sorry, I must have misunderstood your post, my bad . . . I take it that you were playing along with AM's joke regarding the commercials, sorry . . . the thrust of her post was getting to the point about trying to look at things in the same way when we view different players and teams and she makes a joking reference to the commercial . . . as you picked up on her post I thought you were addressing her entire post and not laughing along with your joke . . . I apologize my bad . . .

I just made the point regarding the research as the last time I recall you and I were on this subject you were supporting the arguments of what the folks/media was saying that the pats ran up the score while others did teams did not do what they did (the thrust of AM's post). . . I know you do not have a problem with a team running up the score . . . it was just that back then I had a tough time convincing you that the two (04 and 07) were the same . . . now that I see you see that they are there is no need to do research . . .  

Yes. I remember your research on those two seasons. It was excellent.

No, let's not put words in my mouth. I disagree with your assertion that the 2004 Colts and the 2007 Patriots were the same, but it's not relevant to me. I also wasn't supporting what "folks/media" were saying. Again, I just don't care as much as others might, and 7 years later, I don't know why it's still on anyone's mind.

And regarding AM's commercial comment, I'm not sure that's just a joke. Like I said, it's the second time it's come up, and if I remember correctly, it wasn't just a tongue-in-cheek kind of comment last time.

I was not putting words in your mouth, sorry if I gave that impression . . . I was just making a point that if one were to view 2004/2007 in the same matter as supremecoltsfan300 did earlier regarding 2013 one would agree with my premise . . . you do not and fair enough . . . I just found a tad frustrating that went I spent the time to do the same research and presented the same points as supreme did I got a lot of non responses or disagreement . . . then when supreme does it for a manning team all of sudden he has found the golden goose of analysis . . . and I agree with him of coarse and my opinion of 2013 mirror supreme's position almost to a tee . . .

in other news, I always enjoy your posts and appreciate that you take the time to read my posts and take the time sometimes to respond back with long posts of your own . . . thanks again . . . :thmup:

Are we all ready for the Patriots to somehow upset the undefeated, coming off a bye week, super-hyped Bengals team on Sunday night? 

LOL... watch, it'll happen. That's the NFL.

That would be amazing, I would pay $1000 just to see the faces of a few posters from this message board if that were to happen. 

Are we all ready for the Patriots to somehow upset the undefeated, coming off a bye week, super-hyped Bengals team on Sunday night? 

I think there is a good chance of this happening.   I know the Bengals are favored, but I think the Pats will be ready for them.  Should be a good game.

I said it before the season started, Tannehill will be Luck's rival in the AFC this year and in the future. The Brady/BB era is coming to an end. Their schedule is tough, will be Lucky to win 8 games this year. Much like the AFC South is Luck's division, the AFC east will be Tannehill's. He started off slow but I've always liked his game, I think he'll get better. He's not as good as Luck like Rivers isn't Manning, but he still can be a great QB.

They will, trust me. Patriots usually bounce back from games like these. The Patriots may not be good compared to their previous teams, but "It's the Patriots" still goes a pretty long way for me.

They will, trust me. Patriots usually bounce back from games like these. The Patriots may not be good compared to their previous teams, but "It's the Patriots" still goes a pretty long way for me.

What happened with EJ? Seemed like a quick hook. How do you feel about Orton?

The Patriots are going to get crushed on SNF vs the Bengals. This isn't the same Pats team that can bounce back from a loss like this, they have no o-line or deep threat to stretch the field. Out of all of the teams the Patriots would want to play coming off an embarrassing loss, the Bengals are the worst possible matchup for them.

From top to bottom of the roster, the Bengals are the most talented team in the league. Dalton could play his absolute worst and throw 3 INT's, but they still can win because of how stacked the team is. If he plays average they win by 10+, if he plays great the score will be worst then the Chiefs game. I actually think Dalton will play good this game.

If Revis is having trouble covering Bowe, it's going to be a long day for him covering Green. Atkins, Dunlap, and the rest of the Bengals d-line saw how bad the Pats o-line is. Those guys are licking their chops and their coming off a bye week. This game could get ugly early, Brady will be on his back a lot this game.

Bengals 37 - Patriots 17

What happened with EJ? Seemed like a quick hook. How do you feel about Orton?

I think accuracy is his biggest problem. I saw the Texans game the other day (first time watching a Bills game this year), and thought he was the biggest problem on the team. There's just no zip on his passes and they all look arched/lobbed. You get that feeling that they're going to sail over everyone and picked off by a safety. Missed numerous receivers that were wide open and poor decision making certainly didn't help either.

I don't think Orton is that much better, but I'll give him a chance. And we're most likely stuck with one or the other through the end of next year, due to the fact that we have no first round pick next year (which we mortgaged away for Sammy Watkins this way). Think someone's in deep do-do if Watkins doesn't pan out too (and that will likely be due to not having a halfway decent QB throwing to him).

If the Bills had a somewhat competent offense, I'd have some confidence facing the Patriots two weeks from now, but we're got some pretty big problems as well and I don't think we'd be able to take advantage of an opening against the Patriots.

I think accuracy is his biggest problem. I saw the Texans game the other day (first time watching a Bills game this year), and thought he was the biggest problem on the team. There's just no zip on his passes and they all look arched/lobbed. You get that feeling that they're going to sail over everyone and picked off by a safety. Missed numerous receivers that were wide open and poor decision making certainly didn't help either.

I don't think Orton is that much better, but I'll give him a chance. And we're most likely stuck with one or the other through the end of next year, due to the fact that we have no first round pick next year (which we mortgaged away for Sammy Watkins this way). Think someone's in deep do-do if Watkins doesn't pan out too (and that will likely be due to not having a halfway decent QB throwing to him).

If the Bills had a somewhat competent offense, I'd have some confidence facing the Patriots two weeks from now, but we're got some pretty big problems as well and I don't think we'd be able to take advantage of an opening against the Patriots.

I think you guys should have kept Grossman all this time.

Just kidding.

It could be worse - at least you don't have Sanchez or Papa Geno.

Do you no longer have the QB that played against us the last game of the season last year? I can't remember his name but he seemed pretty decent.

Do you no longer have the QB that played against us the last game of the season last year? I can't remember his name but he seemed pretty decent.

Thad Lewis is a free agent. The bills gave Orton 5 million a year to be the backup. They must really like him for whatever reason

Lewis was decent, yeah, I thought he did a good job of holding down the fort.

Maybe if we can get the Orton that put up 300 passing yards against the Pats in 09 (only game I really remember by him), we could go someplace. :P

I said it before the season started, Tannehill will be Luck's rival in the AFC this year and in the future. The Brady/BB era is coming to an end. Their schedule is tough, will be Lucky to win 8 games this year. Much like the AFC South is Luck's division, the AFC east will be Tannehill's. He started off slow but I've always liked his game, I think he'll get better. He's not as good as Luck like Rivers isn't Manning, but he still can be a great QB.

You do know that Philibin threatened to bench Tanny last week?

Lucks future rival is most likely Bortles if they get him help he will be good

Ouch! That wasn't very nice Jules. :smack:

Andrew looks good. I knew he would be a star.

Brady is still very good and I'm still holding out hope for the rest of the team. :goodluck:

Stats are nice, aren't they? But she left out that both Luck and Brady are 2-2 and Brady is tied for first place in his division but then again those Texans are pesky. ;)

No it isn't. Tannenhill said he took all of the first team reps before the raider game. Matt Moore said it was never in doubt that Tannenhill was the stater.

That is not the point. You said yourself that Philbin would not commit to Tanny as his starter that is threatening to bench him. Tanny actually went to Philbin after to find out what was going on and if he was going to be benched. So to say Tanny is the next rival to Luck is a bit of a stretch right now.

That is not the point. You said yourself that Philbin would not commit to Tanny as his starter that is threatening to bench him. Tanny actually went to Philbin after to find out what was going on and if he was going to be benched. So to say Tanny is the next rival to Luck is a bit of a stretch right now.

i didn't say he was. I said philbin didn't threaten to bench him. Because he didn't

That would be amazing, I would pay $1000 just to see the faces of a few posters from this message board if that were to happen. 

You Pat fans are a bit of a different breed for sure. This would by no means be a giant upset as you all are claiming. Anybody that views it that way is just not too knowledgeable .

Here you go.... http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/   These are various lines from large well known Vegas and offshore books.

0/05 8:30 PM

475 Cincinnati

476 New England  

47u-10

-1½ -10  

-1 -10

46u-10  

-1 -10

46u-10  

-1 -10

46u-10  

-1 -10