Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaRon Landry suspended 4 games for PED use [Merge]

MTC

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He never had more than 11 sacks, but you're right, the same calendar year he gets busted for a PED is just a coincidence and scheme change. Also you have no idea how many Colts games I watch. 

Your circumstantial evidence needs more support.  There are a lot of ways to support the career year by Mathis from a football perspective.  If you won't see what is available to see from a football perspective, then there isn't much more to talk about. 

It's considered a masking agent, not a PED.

So, as I said, he was not busted for taking PEDs, he was busted for taking a masking agent which made him suspected of taking PEDs.

It's not a masking agent, it's used to kick start your bodies natural testosterone production after a cycle. 

Gotta be steroids cause those increase muscles, not performance

If it seriously was something that enhanced performance, Landry should sue the company cause it didn't work

He should have took whatever Sherman was on last year at least it helped his play :huthut:

Posted · Hidden by Blackhawk4, September 29, 2014 - If you can find a good reason unhide it by all means go ahead. I don't see what it has to do with the topic.
Hidden by Blackhawk4, September 29, 2014 - If you can find a good reason unhide it by all means go ahead. I don't see what it has to do with the topic.

Do the Browns still suck?...

He also spent all the years previously as a DE in a 4-3 That was his 2nd year in a 3-4 and obviously he is better suited for it. I couldn't even imagine the numbers he woulda put up if he was a 3-4 OLB this whole time.

That was his 2nd year in the 3-4, but just as important, it was his first year playing RushLB in a 3-4.  The previous year he played mostly Sam while Dwight played Rush. :)

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post

Quick question; Did your cheerios taste like pee this morning? 

I don't eat cheerios, and yes I got what you were going for. He's horrible, so he gets a snide reply.

Your circumstantial evidence needs more support.  There are a lot of ways to support the career year by Mathis from a football perspective.  If you won't see what is available to see from a football perspective, then there isn't much more to talk about. 

Seriously? You don't see how well the logic follows? 

Guy has career year. Guy gets busted for banned substance for the first time right afterward. Exactly how is it that people are so willing to suspend belief because the player in question happens to play for their team? To not assume the two are connected would be an exercise in pure agenda based fantasy. 

I could say it's a great day to be a Raven but I feel bad for you guys after all the embarrassment we've been through with Rice, and some of our other guys. I'll never understand this stuff when these players have everything going for them playing in the NFL.

It's not a big deal. Landry has only been ok, hopefully his replacement makes the most of his opportunity and steals his job away. Rogers won't really be missed. It's just odd that we're losing 2 (maybe 3?) players to off field issues in one day.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - calling out moderation
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - calling out moderation

Personal shots are not tolerated on this board.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

Okay so people can take masked personal shots at large groups of people, but singling out that person who took masked shots isn't tolerated? Good double standard.

So you're not shocked at all by Landry but are completely shocked and appalled at the mere mention that at a guy over 32 years old leading the league in sacks, in which surpassed his previous TWO SEASONS sack total used a PED. Because "he wanted to get his wife pregnant."

lol

Do you think after all those amazing games he wasn't tested during the season last year ? I'm not saying he is innocent but maybe he is being truthful or wasn't on the juice last year but was to try to keep up the same type of stats nobody really knows but him .

Guy has career year. Guy gets busted for banned substance for the first time right afterward. Exactly how is it that people are so willing to suspend belief because the player in question happens to play for their team? To not assume the two are connected would be an exercise in pure agenda based fantasy. 

Not disputing the logic - it is pure deduction to link the two events circumstantially.  But when you look there, look below the numbers, look at the player and the plays themselves, you see the same guy he always was that was just in position to make more plays.  

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post

Okay so people can take masked personal shots at large groups of people, but singling out that person who took masked shots isn't tolerated? Good double standard.

I wouldn't even say masked.  It's pretty blatant if you ask me.  It just gets tiring responding to it.  After just having a kid (which by the way, how's Brody doing?), I don't really have the energy to argue about nonsense.

you know what happens when you assume :P

you do make a very valid point, but at the same time, like ztboiler said, there were also logical football reasons for Mathis' improved production.  If the Colts were still running the tampa 2 (and how dare you make me say such a thing, even if it is just a hypothetical  :shout: ) and Mathis suddenly jumped from his average of around 8-10 sacks to 20 within the same defense, then yes that would be far more dubious achievement.  That's not the case though...he was playing in an entirely different defensive scheme than he'd played in his entire career to that point, and had just made the switch from Sam to Rush LB, which is pretty much tailor made for a guy of Robert's skill set.

bottom line is I'm not assuming anything...maybe his story was the truth, maybe it wasn't.  But I don't think there's any clear evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that proves either way and I definitely don't see the need for people on one side of the fence to mock people on the other side (not saying YOU, ruksak, were doing that but there definitely have been some that have, like our Cleveland Ambassador up there).

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post and off topic
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 30, 2014 - response to hidden post and off topic

Questioning moderation in open forum is a suspendable offense. We like you, Corgi. Don't get in trouble over this silliness. 

The worst thing I see in this thread are the "Why are you here" and "Why won't you leave" comments. That's just .....mean. 

Not disputing the logic - it is pure deduction to link the two events circumstantially.  But when you look there, look below the numbers, look at the player and the plays themselves, you see the same guy he always was that was just in position to make more plays.  

He always had a HoF DE in Freeney to help him out. Do you really think the position change helped him that much....AFTER losing the synergy of Freeney playing opposite him? It makes no sense. What does make sense is that a pro athlete took a banned substance and his production went up BECAUSE he took a banned substance.