Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tennessee (+8) at Indianapolis (9-29-14)

oldunclemark

over-under ...46

8 is a lot but the Colts should be good for it...

Titans aren't sure about who the QB is and they haven't done much against the run so far..

Bradshaw has been everywhere rushing and receiving and Reggie might be a tad slower but he's still making the

catches..

The only concern here is that the Colts may go up 20 or 21 and then let Tennesse come back and beat the spread.

But I don't think so...This seems like an 'under' game as well

I watched the Bengal game in replay and they played a ton of man coverage even on Green as he torched them so will they man cover us too? Also they basically went to Wright and Walker and if we could somehow get those guys covered there didn't seem to be much else in the cupboard. Their special teams were absolutely awful, 2 missed field goals, partially blocked punt, 2 punts that they just watched roll into the end zone inside the 10, not to mention ST penalties (hope they play like that against us).

Every week these threads happen, and every week I still don't understand what they're about

Yet I click and view them every week with hopes someday I'll learn just what in the name of all good apple juice is going on.

Chalk up another day of still not knowing what's going on

:groan:

Every week these threads happen, and every week I still don't understand what they're about

Yet I click and view them every week with hopes someday I'll learn just what in the name of all good apple juice is going on.

In football betting, you don't bet on which team will win, you bet on the margin of victory. Vegas says the Colts will win by at least 8 points, so if you bet on the Colts, you say they will win by more than 8, if you bet on the Titans, it means you think either the Colts will win by less than 8, or the Titans will win. Its Titans at Colts, so the gambling line is written as Titans (+8) @ Colts. If it were reversed, and the Colts were still 8 point favorites, it would be written as Colts (-8) @ Titans.

+8 vs a backup QB seems low. I think Tennessee is an improved team overall from last year, but I still think Indy at home is a lock for a 14+ point victory with Locker on the bench. I don't think it'll be a total massacre like the Jaguars game last Sunday, but I think the Colts will get it done in convincing fashion.

The Titans offense has been poor the last 2 weeks even with Locker. Their defense has been top notch though, which this also being a divisional game, makes a single possession game more than possible.

+8 vs a backup QB seems low. I think Tennessee is an improved team overall from last year, but I still think Indy at home is a lock for a 14+ point victory with Locker on the bench. I don't think it'll be a total massacre like the Jaguars game last Sunday, but I think the Colts will get it done in convincing fashion.

I think it's low with Whitehurst probably going.

We should get the -3 automatically for being at home. So really they think we're only 5 points better than the Titans with a backup QB.

In football betting, you don't bet on which team will win, you bet on the margin of victory. Vegas says the Colts will win by at least 8 points, so if you bet on the Colts, you say they will win by more than 8, if you bet on the Titans, it means you think either the Colts will win by less than 8, or the Titans will win. Its Titans at Colts, so the gambling line is written as Titans (+8) @ Colts. If it were reversed, and the Colts were still 8 point favorites, it would be written as Colts (-8) @ Titans.

Ahh... Okay, thanks for the explanation

I think it's low with Whitehurst probably going.

We should get the -3 automatically for being at home. So really they think we're only 5 points better than the Titans with a backup QB.

In theory, yes. In reality all that tends to go out the window with divisional games as familiarity causes some silly things to happen

Sorry..TK...........plus 8 means the Titans get 8 points..in a potential bet...and if Indy wins 27-20..and you bet on Tennessee..//you won!

The non-wagering value of the 'spread' is that the betting public (not experts or analysts) think the Colts are 8 points better than Tenneesee at home. Its just a barometer of what people are thinking about the relative ability of the two teams this week.

For example..Jacksonville is +13 at San Diego this week.

Of course, none of us would ever bet on pro football games.

That's not right.

Sorry..TK...........plus 8 means the Titans get 8 points..in a potential bet...and if Indy wins 27-20..and you bet on Tennessee..//you won!

The non-wagering value of the 'spread' is that the betting public (not experts or analysts) think the Colts are 8 points better than Tenneesee at home. Its just a barometer of what people are thinking about the relative ability of the two teams this week.

For example..Jacksonville is +13 at San Diego this week.

Of course, none of us would ever bet on pro football games.

That's not right.

:thanks: for the explanation

I'm with you...if we were betting (which of course, we're not because its illegal)

I'd be all, over the Colts this week..

over-under ...46

8 is a lot but the Colts should be good for it...

Titans aren't sure about who the QB is and they haven't done much against the run so far..

Bradshaw has been everywhere rushing and receiving and Reggie might be a tad slower but he's still making the

catches..

The only concern here is that the Colts may go up 20 or 21 and then let Tennesse come back and beat the spread.

But I don't think so...This seems like an 'under' game as well

You nailed this one Indy is 14-2 their last 16 ats vs teams with a losing record. They have covered the last 5 vs Tenn. with 3 staying under the total.

The Titans offense has been poor the last 2 weeks even with Locker. Their defense has been top notch though, which this also being a divisional game, makes a single possession game more than possible.

They got a little pressure on Romo in the pass game. But the rush defense couldn't stop my grandma with a bad hip. Their offense with Locker looked horrible also. Made the Cowboys look like the 2000 Ravens D. Was down in Tenn over that weekend, had no choice but to watch that craptastic game.

They got a little pressure on Romo in the pass game. But the rush defense couldn't stop my grandma with a bad hip. Their offense with Locker looked horrible also. Made the Cowboys look like the 2000 Ravens D. Was down in Tenn over that weekend, had no choice but to watch that craptastic game.

"My grandma with a bad hip"

:funny:

Poor Gram Gram

I think we run for at least 150 yards and, unless we have a bad case of the turnovers,  that will mean a solid win.....

Given that Tenn reportedly has a good pass defense, I'm very curious how our new and improved passing game will look against them!

I'm very, very curious about Sunday!

I think we run for at least 150 yards and, unless we have a bad case of the turnovers, that will mean a solid win.....

Given that Tenn reportedly has a good pass defense, I'm very curious how our new and improved passing game will look against them!

I agree. People are worried about their te's or wr's but it honestly doesn't matter. They can't throw the ball to themselves. I don't see this ending well for Tenn. I could see another trouncing like the Jags game.

Will be a another good test for our passing game. Cause their pass rush was anout the only thing that was decent. Mostly the Carey guy.

The Titans usually gives the Colts good games, but Chris Johnson is gone and Locker isn't healthy. I expect Luck to throw for 260 yards and Hilton to have a big game.

Colts 27 - Titans 13

say run game be good against titans .  passing last game was sub par for luck  .   hope learn from last 2 game pass first works   easier too run when your a head.    best qb and receivers us them first.. 

I watched the Bengal game in replay and they played a ton of man coverage even on Green as he torched them so will they man cover us too? Also they basically went to Wright and Walker and if we could somehow get those guys covered there didn't seem to be much else in the cupboard. Their special teams were absolutely awful, 2 missed field goals, partially blocked punt, 2 punts that they just watched roll into the end zone inside the 10, not to mention ST penalties (hope they play like that against us).

If they run a lot of man on us then we may see a lot of out 11 and 12 personnel. 

It might be a good game to dust off the 3 wide receiver sets. 

I think we run for at least 150 yards and, unless we have a bad case of the turnovers,  that will mean a solid win.....

We have broken 150 yards rushing in the past 2 games so that very well could be the case. 

LOL.

Yeah, if the Cowboys defense look like the 2000 Ravens against the Titans then you may have a point. 

LOL.

Yeah, if the Cowboys defense look like the 2000 Ravens against the Titans then you may have a point.

Any given Sunday! Think they just may be a very inconsistent team. Didn't they come out and wallop kc? But haven't looked good since. It could be a good game or a complete blow out. I just want to us to continue to improve from one game to the next.

You aren't alone. I have no idea what people mean with this gambling speak. I don't even pretend to know, I make no attempt to learn the lingo. When I see "Tenn +8", I assume they mean Tenn will win by 8, but obviously that's not correct. Speak English, dammit. 

You aren't alone. I have no idea what people mean with this gambling speak. I don't even pretend to know, I make no attempt to learn the lingo. When I see "Tenn +8", I assume they mean Tenn will win by 8, but obviously that's not correct. Speak English, dammit. 

The +'s and -'s refer to the home and away teams. Gambling lines are always written as the visiting team, and then the points that the home team is favored by. So for this game, as an example, Ten @ Ind, Ten is the away team, and the colts are favored by 8, so the line is Ten (+8). If the Titans were favored, this would be a negative number, as in Ten (-3), as the home team would be the underdog.