Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roberts message before suspension is chilling with Irony...

Indeee

Nothing a quick forum search won't resolve

"Athletes: Don't take the sport you play for granted. Every time you play, you better be damn thankful that you get to do something you love. Don't show up to practice complaining about not wanting to be there; youre there hopefully because you love it. Work hard every moment. If you're not working hard, you don't deserve to play. Play every practice or game like it's your last because it very well could be. When you finally reach the day that you can't play, and you can only watch, then you will know how much you love something that you once took for granted."

"Athletes: Don't take the sport you play for granted. Every time you play, you better be damn thankful that you get to do something you love. Don't show up to practice complaining about not wanting to be there; youre there hopefully because you love it. Work hard every moment. If you're not working hard, you don't deserve to play. Play every practice or game like it's your last because it very well could be. When you finally reach the day that you can't play, and you can only watch, then you will know how much you love something that you once took for granted."

Alright that's it.... Our players are no longer allowed to speak unless on the field communicating plays

Marshawn Lynch treatment to the media for everyone!!!!

:Gaah:

He probably wrote it after his injury.

So did he or did he not? This is very important info. When did he say/type that comment of his so we can get a time stamp on it? It's obviously not a Twitter comment, since it's too big. Details, people!

All this is letting us know that our dependence on the old is quietly coming to a close and the new is beginning.   First it was Reggie, then it was Fili Moala, and now it's Mathis.  We've got to make our way with the youth now for the most part, and just like we found some guys to assist T.Y. last year I trust we will be able to find some pass rush to assist our defense. A new direction is being called for so I'll just hang on for the ride and keep the faith.

I don't know if it is chilling really because once the season started Mathis could no longer speak with the team, or use the facilities so he went elsewhere namely Atlanta, and that is when the injury happened. Maybe he knew something was amiss... and was awaiting conformation for the above reasons. It all depends when he got hurt.

I shouldn't have to do an investigation to figure out what a thread is referring to. 

Anywho...yeah, he must've made this after he got hurt. Big mystery. 

He may very well be on the decline.  With the PED suspension and now an achilles tear.  Achilles tears are known as 'old man' injuries.  Know of an orthopedic surgeon who calls them that cause he's never seen an achilles tear on anyone in their 20's.  Now given Vick Ballard is an exception here, and football does put severe strain on the body far more than most people do, but still.

Ha!! Ok.. well in my defense I just figured everyone knew what I was referring to. Duly noted.. in the future I will make sure to follow protocol where as not to have swords be drawn... :thmup:

Well...jeez dude. What makes you think I'm not stupid? Don't take for granted that I know stuff, cuz I don't. 

What were we talking about again? 

I shouldn't have to do an investigation to figure out what a thread is referring to. 

I was thinking the same exact thing Ruksak. A person can never assume the audience knows what you're referring to without I don't displaying the actual link, quote, or evidence in question. 

Your sword/machete graphic was funny too BTW. But what happens if the guy holding the sword meets a guy with a gun & a fast draw though? Just ask Indiana Jones man. LOL! 

I was thinking the same exact thing Ruksak. A person can never assume the audience knows what you're referring to without I don't displaying the actual link, quote, or evidence in question. 

Your sword/machete graphic was funny too BTW. But what happens if the guy holding the sword meets a guy with a gun & a fast draw though? Just ask Indiana Jones man. LOL! 

Fun Movie Fact; 

That scene wasn't supposed to happen.

I'll give you the Cliff Notes short version first, and you can read the whole story here afterward.

Turns out, the scene was supposed to be whip vs sword. BUT.....Ford didn't want to eat Spielberg's Spaghetti-O's so he ate local food, got terribly sick and did the Gun vs Sword scene as a tongue-in-cheek joke because he was too sick to do the correct scene that day. 

If Harrison Ford enjoyed Spaghetti-O's as much as I do, that scene never happens. 

indiana-jones.jpg

Fun Movie Fact; 

I'll give you the Cliff Notes short version first, and you can read the whole story here afterward.

Turns out, the scene was supposed to be whip vs sword. BUT.....Ford didn't want to eat Spielberg's Spaghetti-O's so he ate local food, got terribly sick and did the Gun vs Sword scene as a tongue-in-cheek joke because he was too sick to do the correct scene that day. 

If Harrison Ford enjoyed Spaghetti-O's as much as I do, that scene never happens. 

indiana-jones.jpg

Since you are a friend of mine, I will admit that Uma Thurman's character in "Kill Bill" would have probably taken out Harrison Ford with her samurai sword before INDY would have removed his gun from his holster. Uma wouldn't have wasted time showboating. She would have gotten down to the business at hand.

Yes, I know Uma wasn't in this scene, I'm just saying that if she was there would have been a different outcome that's all. So, it all depends on the quality of the assassin & the mastery of their weapon's choice at hand. 

Cool backstory there. Thanks for sharing it. I love your sarcasm man. Both you & Joker are masters at it.  :thmup:

Since you are a friend of mine, I will admit that Uma Thurman's character in "Kill Bill" would have probably taken out Harrison Ford with her samurai sword before INDY would have removed his gun from his holster. Uma wouldn't have wasted time showboating. She would have gotten down to the business at hand.

Yes, I know Uma wasn't in this scene, I'm just saying that if she was there would have been a different outcome that's all. 

Cool backstory there. Thanks for sharing it. I love your sarcasm man. Both you & Joker are masters at it.  :thmup:

Ahh SW1 I think you and Ruksak are adding value to a thread that doesn't deserve such postings. Love the Ford story btw, have heard it before but I like that sort of straight line thinking!

Ahh SW1 I think you and Ruksak are adding value to a thread that doesn't deserve such postings. Love the Ford story btw, have heard it before but I like that sort of straight line thinking!

haha I appreciate that thank you SCC & so does ruksak though I shouldn't presume to put words in his mouth either. Sorry about that my friend. 

Some guys literally save lives in hospitals & ambulance crews...Guys like ruksak & my other friends we just try to make lemonade out of lemons. No disrespect intended toward Indee either BTW. 

haha I appreciate that thank you SCC & so does ruksak though I shouldn't presume to put words in his mouth either. Sorry about that my friend. 

Some guys literally save lives in hospitals & ambulance crews...Guys like ruksak & my other friends we just try to make lemonade out of lemons. No disrespect intended toward Indee either BTW. 

You're a good man SW1  :thmup:

Fun Movie Fact; 

Turns out, the scene was supposed to be whip vs sword.

I will concede that if is too easy to kill a villain on screen with a gun & it is nice to see that scene as originally intended. Guys wielding whips & swords is a lost art now. I've always been mesmerized by swords ever since I was  a little kid watching old Samurai, Japanese movies, the Shogun TV series in 1980, & my 8th grade history teacher always wanted this WWII Japanese sword to add to his Second World War weapons collection so we as a class had to write the window to try & convince her to give him the sword.

I have no idea if he was ever given the actual blade though. 

Everytime I hear this song, I always think of Tom Shinko & writing that letter something every class did as a ritual BTW...Tom would have made a good dictator. He wasn't mean just good at instilling a false sense of natl. pride in his classroom just to acquire the sword he wanted.  :P

Also, even though I am not fond of Tom Cruise as an actor everytime I see that final battle scene in "The Last Samurai" I think of my old middle school history teacher because he had a flair for being dramatic when he wanted to hammer a point home. He was enthralling to watch giving a lecture when he got all worked up. Funny, twisted, & fascinating all at the same time. 

Okay, I'm done now. LOL! 

http://youtu.be/8P-c2k-HgRA