Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hats off to Reggie Wayne (Colts @ Broncos)

Happy2BeHere

I think Reggie was awesome tonight. Catching 9 passes for nearly 100 yards after his hard work to come back from injury was awesome. He didn't looked too bad out there...he wasn't really the usual Reggie but the thing I like most about this guy is he really is smart enough to adjust his game as needed.

His demeanor around the sidelines between series seemed a bit down but I guess that comes from the hole we dug ourself in.

Anyway, props to Reggie he was awesome!

Need Andrew to throw better passes. Flashed back to week 7 last year on that bubble screen when Reggie's legs did the split

Can't go through another season with Reggie on IR, not built for it

THIS. There were a couple of plays I saw tonight where Luck made Reggie stretch out for the ball, including one where he went down for a minute. Gotta be careful with those throws.

Need Andrew to throw better passes. Flashed back to week 7 last year on that bubble screen when Reggie's legs did the split

Can't go through another season with Reggie on IR, not built for it

There was something with the field though several people had trouble planting and changing direction

THIS. There were a couple of plays I saw tonight where Luck made Reggie stretch out for the ball, including one where he went down for a minute. Gotta be careful with those throws.

Was there any mention before the game about the field? I saw a few slips tonight, two from Reggie. The play were he looked hurt....my heart sank. 

The last play (4th & 6), Reggie looked to have great position, he planted his pivot foot and it slid out on an obvious dirty patch. Was it his sea legs wobbling or was that field a bit trashed? 

I'm fearful that Reggie is hurt and may miss a few weeks as a result.

That was a very nasty fall and split for him.     I wouldn't be surprised if he has either torn cartilage,  or a strained ligament in his knee.     He was favoring that leg the rest of the game.

Cross your fingers for good news in the next few days.....

That was all on the turf, not on the pass.

I guess they let goats manage the field, because it was torn up all night. Players sliding all over the place.

I'm fearful that Reggie is hurt and may miss a few weeks as a result.

That was a very nasty fall and split for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has either torn cartilage, or a strained ligament in his knee. He was favoring that leg the rest of the game.

Cross your fingers for good news in the next few days.....

Huh??

What leads you to believe he won't play? When he played the whole game, and made plays as well. If he sprained or torn anything, he wouldn't have kept playing. He's too valuable long term.

Elaborate.

Huh??

What leads you to believe he won't play? When he played the whole game, and made plays as well. If he sprained or torn anything, he wouldn't have kept playing. He's too valuable long term.

Elaborate.

A lot of times you keep playing because the adrenaline inside you is pumping.   He played the whole game,  but he had a bit of a limp on a number of plays I saw...

But in the next day or two,  I won't be surprised if his knee stiffens up because he's hurt something inside of it. 

That's not uncommon at all........    And that's my concern....

A lot of times you keep playing because the adrenaline inside you is pumping. He played the whole game, but he had a bit of a limp on a number of plays I saw...

But in the next day or two, I won't be surprised if his knee stiffens up because he's hurt something inside of it.

That's not uncommon at all........ And that's my concern....

I think you're reading into it, and taking a limp a bit to far IMO. But we will see in the following days.

A lot of times you keep playing because the adrenaline inside you is pumping.   He played the whole game,  but he had a bit of a limp on a number of plays I saw...

But in the next day or two,  I won't be surprised if his knee stiffens up because he's hurt something inside of it. 

That's not uncommon at all........    And that's my concern....

ive noticed Reggie always has a bit of a limp. I think it just the way he walks. Coming off an ACL I don't think the doctors would have let him go back out there if they thought he did real damage to his knee. It will probably be sore tomorrow and I am sure he will get treatment on it but I would expect him to play Monday.

I think you're reading into it, and taking a limp a bit to far IMO. But we will see in the following days.

Hey,  I'm not making any predictions.    And I hope I'm wrong on this.     Clearly it's not something I want.

But,  I'm concerned about that limp.    That's not normal for him.    So, we'll find out this later this week.

And I'll be very happy to be wrong.......

Hey, I'm not making any predictions. And I hope I'm wrong on this. Clearly it's not something I want.

But, I'm concerned about that limp. That's not normal for him. So, we'll find out this later this week.

Yeah but if the limp was so obvious to you. It's as obvious to Reggie, and the entire coaching/medical staff.

He's not playing if he's hurt period. Not after last year.

Hey,  I'm not making any predictions.    And I hope I'm wrong on this.     Clearly it's not something I want.

But,  I'm concerned about that limp.    That's not normal for him.    So, we'll find out this later this week.

I had the same thoughts, NCF. It was a strain...it bent too far to not be. Hopefully, it heals, but I have my concerns as well. I also agree with your earlier post on this thought line. Every point you made was what I thought as well.

Yeah but if the limp was so obvious to you. It's as obvious to Reggie, and the entire coaching/medical staff.

He's not playing if he's hurt period. Not after last year.

Well....   yeah.     I get that.

My only worry was that he's actually hurt and it will be apparent in the next few days and he'll miss some games.

Again.....    my concern may be about not very much and perhaps Reggie plays all 16 regular season games and the post season.

I sure hope so......

I had the same thoughts, NCF. It was a strain...it bent too far to not be. Hopefully, it heals, but I have my concerns as well. I also agree with your earlier post on this thought line. Every point you made was what I thought as well.

It looked worse on his knee than it actually was. I'm sure it wasn't pleasant, but that looked like more of a groin injury than a knee. I think he just did the splits too wide. He only missed one play, he's fine.

Lucks gonna have to work his accuracy or he is gonna get another receiver hurt again, Has to get balls down, has to get balls out in front of a receiver(like the one to Reggie last night) so they don't have to reach back to get the ball. That wasn't all Lucks fault last night on Reggie getting up slow, That field was slick

I think Reggie was awesome tonight. Catching 9 passes for nearly 100 yards after his hard work to come back from injury was awesome. He didn't looked too bad out there...he wasn't really the usual Reggie but the thing I like most about this guy is he really is smart enough to adjust his game as needed.

His demeanor around the sidelines between series seemed a bit down but I guess that comes from the hole we dug ourself in.

Anyway, props to Reggie he was awesome!

No more likes but yes Reggie looked good...much better than I anticipated! I expected more from Nicks and TY...hope they can step up.