Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Media making look like the Broncos are the Underdogs

bap1331

All i hear is, "What can Peyton Manning do to beat the Colts?" "How will missing Wes Welker affect them?" blah blah...

Not one time do i hear them say Andrew Luck. What will Andrew Luck do? What does he need to do with preparing? What do the Colts need to do?

This is all on ESPN and NFL Network...

All i hear is, "What can Peyton Manning do to beat the Colts?" "How will missing Wes Welker affect them?" blah blah...

Not one time do i hear them say Andrew Luck. What will Andrew Luck do? What does he need to do with preparing? What do the Colts need to do?

This is all on ESPN and NFL Network...

You must be watching ESPN deportes. Nothing like that at all on ESPN or NFL network

I don't really care what the media thinks or believes. 

This game is stupid to have in week 1 in the first place. It would be a much better game in weeks 5-13.

At this time, neither team has created an identity for 2014, and they won't do in the first week of the season.

DJ on NFL Network just picked the Colts and Heath Evans said he would take the Colts if he was sure we had someone to put a hit on Peyton. 

I didn't get to watch that because I'm here typing!  Away from the T.V.  Everything else I've seen has been to the tune of Broncos should win.  I'm glad somebody said something counter to what I've heard so far.

I don't really care what the media thinks or believes. 

This game is stupid to have in week 1 in the first place. It would be a much better game in weeks 5-13.

At this time, neither team has created an identity for 2014, and they won't do in the first week of the season.

ill do the whole colts conspiracy theory haha. knowing the broncos have have destroyed the last two opening game meetings, they wanted the colts to be the next victim 

ill do the whole colts conspiracy theory haha. knowing the broncos have have destroyed the last two opening game meetings, they wanted the colts to be the next victim 

That's possible, I don't trust the NFL. That's why I keep an eye on them... ;) conspiracy theory? Remember Saints, Colts

Superbowl, Katrina, etc..

That's possible, I don't trust the NFL. That's why I keep an eye on them... ;) conspiracy theory? Remember Saints, Colts

oh no the biggest conspiracy theory is 2001 pats. coincidence that a team's jersey colors red white and blue won the super bowl for 9/11? and lets not forget the tuck rule

oh no the biggest conspiracy theory is 2001 pats. coincidence that a team's jersey colors red white and blue won the super bowl for 9/11? and lets not forget the tuck rule

OH yea.. I forgot about that one. Hell, now I got two things on my mind about the NFL about conspiracy... That NFL.

If I went by this forum, I'd say most are picking the Broncos....and sadly I get the impression people want to see this team lose to Peyton, which is pretty sad.

Hate to tell you this, but being a fan doesn't have some code of conduct. Quit acting like it's some kind of sin. You can root for however many teams you like. It doesn't make you any less of a "fan".

Lol, and it's not sad. Different people have different reasons for watching football.

There is your answer. He'll say Peyton is losing a game even if he is up 55-0.

You can say that again FX. Heath Evans is knowledgable about football & he did win a ring in 2009 with New Orleans a darn good NFL team, but he has such thick blinders on when it comes to NE or the Saints it's funny. I understand his devotion to both clubs, but it's nearly blind loyalty with no objectivity. The only thing worse is Skip Bayless drinking the tainted kool aid in Dallas. 

Look, I know I'm biased toward the Colts, but if you kick our behind like AZ did last year. I own it, admit I was wrong, & bow to the greater foe that day. 

I haven't seen anything projecting Denver as an underdog.  Everything has been "Denver should win this one"

I'm so used to be underestimated that if our franchise was ever universally picked by pundits to win a major game I'd get very nervous. 

"He who made kittens put snakes in the grass." --Jethro Tull "Bungle In The Jungle." I like being the serpent in the weeds waiting to strike & unleash the neutralizing venom to our adversary. 

If I went by this forum, I'd say most are picking the Broncos....and sadly I get the impression people want to see this team lose to Peyton, which is pretty sad.

I get the same feeling sometimes It is so pro Manning it is ridiculous you can't even point out straight up facts like his short comings in big games especially the playoffs.

Last time I saw the Bronco's they were getting their a$$ handed to them and that was when they still had Moreno Decker Welker Prater, Holliday. They have some changes to adapt to. I am not sold on Miller or that Ware has found the fountain of youth.

Manning is a statue and we will get to him Werner in particular. Football is a game of momentum if we make mistakes it could get out of hand. If we play a clean game I think we win.

I fully expect the Colts to win the game.

I still respect Manning but I am not a Denver fan funny how the board hates all the Seahawk bandwagoners.    

I will say this until I day. Yes, I wanted to win the SB in 2009 immensely, but what helped me get over the crushing loss was knowing how the Championship galvanized that city to rebuild & remake itself.

New Orleans is the heart of American jazz & I was relieved to see that essential musical genre not die permanently. NO nonsense. SW1 sincerely means that. 

Not me dude... Now are the Broncos going to win? If I knew that I would bet on the game. But I know where you're coming from..

Not me dude... Now are the Broncos going to win? If I knew that I would bet on the game. But I know where you're coming from..

Slightly off topic, but not really in a way...Why does Roger Goodell frown on gambling, but everywhere you look fantasy football is symbolically betting on individual players stats to win & be king of your league? 

The NFL is family friendly & anti-gambling, but they advertise beer & condom commercials on TV & Vegas always calculates point spreads to determine who will play against each other in the SB. Huh? What? 

That like surrounding your kid with drugs & guns & then being surprised that they became an arms smuggler & drug lord instead of becoming a school teacher & a model citizen. I'm just saying.  

So gambling is being encouraged through the back door & yet Pete Rose is still banned from baseball forever for doing what most of us do anyway whether or not real money changes hands. Do as I say not as I do. Does that make any sense at all? No, it doesn't. In fact, it screams of hypocrisy if you ask me. JMO. 

Okay, it is true that not every fan plays fantasy football. I don't, but we all project which team is gonna beat another squad & the reason for it on offense, defense, or special teams. Even simulations are an indirect form of gambling just like flight simulators are a way to teach pilots how to fly aircraft without crashing billion dollar planes, choppers, or bombers; The brain doesn't really notice the difference between simulators & real flight after awhile just like hypothetical gambling gives your brain the same rush as doing gambling for real high stakes profit or debt loss. 

Slightly off topic, but not really in a way...Why does Roger Goodell frown on gambling, but everywhere you look fantasy football is symbolically betting on individual players stats to win & be king of your league? 

The NFL is family friendly & anti-gambling, but they advertise beer & condom commercials on TV & Vegas always calculates point spreads to determine who will play against each other in the SB. Huh? What? 

That like surrounding your kid with drugs & guns & then being surprised that they became an arms smuggler & drug lord instead of becoming a school teacher & a model citizen. I'm just saying.  

So gambling is being encouraged through the back door & yet Pete Rose is still banned from baseball forever for doing what most of us do anyway whether or not real money changes hands. Do as I say not as I do. Does that make any sense at all? No, it doesn't. In fact, it screams of hypocrisy if you ask me. JMO. 

Okay, it is true that not every fan plays fantasy football. I don't, but we all project which team is gonna beat another squad & the reason for it on offense, defense, or special teams. Even simulations are an indirect form of gambling just like flight simulators are a way to teach pilots how to fly aircraft without crashing billion dollar planes, choppers, or bombers; The brain doesn't really notice the difference between simulators & real flight after awhile just like hypothetical gambling gives your brain the same rush as doing gambling for real high stakes profit or debt loss. 

In a nutshell, there is no thing as an artificial gambling addiction. You either have a compulsion to do something & can't stop yourself or you don't. I just don't like when the NFL & it's commissioner try to get cute, split hairs, & play the ludicrous semantics metaphor word game I guess. Yes, it is possible to play fantasy football & not evolve into a high stakes gambler that's true among certain people, but some want more risk, more action, & more thrill seeking opportunties which might lead others down a bottomless pit of despair & financial ruin if taken too far past the point of no return.

Kenny Rogers said it best in his  song "The Gambler": 

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done"

At the end of the day, I just am troubled by any sports league that pretends to be so pious, pure, & righteous & yet they continue to send out dual or mixed messages to fans of all ages & backgrounds.  Alright, my soap box rant is over now. Thanks for listening anyway. I appreciate it. 

I'll tell you how much missing Welker will mean.  Very little.  The Broncos have a very talented corps of receivers. 

He had the most third down conversions last year for Denver and scored a ton of TDs the first half of the season (9). To say the best slot receiver in the game won't be missed is ridiculous especially since he has been playing the whole TC and preseason. I still think the Denver O will be hard to stop but Welker missing is significant.

Nah, I don't see the media making the Broncos underdogs.  They just like to focus on Peyton Manning. 

As far as what they have to say about us.....at least I'm not hearing them say that there's no way we can do as well as last year........or that the last two years were a fluke.  I guess they've learned to not underestimate us.

Well after all that SW1 I guess your right I do know everyone (although it doesn't do me a bit of good) a plumber friend of mine invented the fantasy football board game. If only the saying were really true. It's not what you know but who you know. :(