Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waiver wire/PS signings thread

MTC

It would either be an injury or a real "baffoon" job by Grigson if Dqwell jackson is not with the Colts next year. He was paid 4.5 million for this year and has a guaranteed $4.630,000 roster bonus for 2015.

Time will tell

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Eagles cut Barner? What was the point of trading for him? I thought they wanted an Oregon reunion?

Barner was on Carolina...Michael Huff the WR from Oregon is on the Eagles, but injured right now.

And YES..get Barner...He is a very good return man, and is a better back than Boom or the other guy the Colts kept.

Happened right after I wrote it :)  We needed someone else.  Mathews is tall and can really throw the football.  Need to develop someone new.  Harnish was not cutting it.

No doubt a good move but somehow I have a hard time understanding he didn't make a roster. Cornell grad that broke all kinds on Ivey league records . Has a big arm and great size ? Yeah .. the competition was sub par but still... Anyway , if Mathews has a glimmer of promise , it's an upgrade over Harnish.

Barner was on Carolina...Michael Huff the WR from Oregon is on the Eagles, but injured right now.

And YES..get Barner...He is a very good return man, and is a better back than Boom or the other guy the Colts kept.

Eagles traded for Barner earlier this preseason for a conditional seventh-round pick

If chip Kelly cut barner something must not be right about him

Forgive me if I'm wrong or late here, but I saw this listed on stampede blue in one of the comment threads.  The poster posted it as a final practice squad line up.  I could have taken it down in error, but they listed it as thus:

Full PS:

T-Tyler Hoover

ILB-Andrew Jackson

WR-Ryan Lankford

WR-Josh Lenz

S-Dewey McDonald

DT-Nnamdi Obukwelu

CB-Sheldon Price

TE-Erik Swoope

G-Josh Walker

QB-Jeff Mathews

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/8/31/6090529/colts-claim-center-a-q-shipley-off-waivers

I'm saying time will tell.  That's your answer

Time will tell everything Krunk , that's a heck of a response . When you have something that makes more sense than a team signing a player with 10 mill guaranteed and he figures to get cut after year one , let me know. In the meantime you really just need to either do a little research and stop making ridiculous comments like Colts are going to pay Jackson 4.6 mill and cut him in the same breath . Grigson would probably agree to being demoted to a janitor if that happened.

you are correct they did, but I think I saw on NFL.com that the eagles released him.

Just read this..

Philadelphia Eagles

On August 19, 2014, Barner was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles for a conditional seventh round pick in 2015.[10] The trade reunited Barner with his former head coach at University of Oregon, Chip Kelly. He was released on August 30, 2014.

If chip Kelly cut barner something must not be right about him

Its possible, but with McCoy and Sproles, he wouldn't see any time anyway...and Sproles is a better return man...I'd love to see him return punts and kickoffs for us, and be a back-up in case of injury. He's a small back and we need that type of back as a change of pace.

Could Hoover and John be the OT depth of the future

I guess John looked good in camp. I think Hoover is a real long shot but obviously they see something there as they kept him. But then again if you look at the two WR's kept (considering the depth the team has) maybe there were just not 10 guys out there that were that exciting ? 

No doubt a good move but somehow I have a hard time understanding he didn't make a roster. Cornell grad that broke all kinds on Ivey league records . Has a big arm and great size ? Yeah .. the competition was sub par but still... Anyway , if Mathews has a glimmer of promise , it's an upgrade over Harnish.

HMMMM.  The Falcons kept 3 on the 53 man roster.   Ryan, Sean Renfree from Duke, and TJ Yates.   Funny they are all about 6'4" and 225.  

Time will tell everything Krunk , that's a heck of a response . When you have something that makes more sense than a team signing a player with 10 mill guaranteed and he figures to get cut after year one , let me know. In the meantime you really just need to either do a little research and stop making ridiculous comments like Colts are going to pay Jackson 4.6 mill and cut him in the same breath . Grigson would probably agree to being demoted to a janitor if that happened.

If AJax develops a little and can stay healthy then he will likely make the 53 next season, and then if he develops more he could unseat DJax. 

You are correct though, it is likely a few years away, mainly due to DJax's contract.

In the end, DJax is a stopgap player. Whether or not AJax will take over, is yet to be determined. For all we know, we might draft an ILB in the second round next year. 

We kind of caught a break with AJax getting hurt and not playing in the preseason as it allowed us to put him on the practice squad without having to show much of him. 

So your saying the Colts are going to fork over 4.6 mill and then cut him ? 

Just to expand.  I think that there are younger players that we have who could out perform him in the long run.  Not to say that he will be cut even though my words pointed to that.  I think he could be replaced by one of them, but time will tell. I certainly could be wrong.  I just like some of the young linebackers that we have between Muamba, Jackson, and Mcnary.

If AJax develops a little and can stay healthy then he will likely make the 53 next season, and then if he develops more he could unseat DJax. 

You are correct though, it is likely a few years away, due to DJax's contract.

In the end, DJax is a stopgap player. Whether or not AJax will take over, is yet to be determined. For all we know, we might draft an ILB in the second round next year. 

We kind of caught a break with AJax getting hurt and not playing in the preseason as it allowed us to put him on the practice squad without having to show much of him. 

And then there is Muamba and McNary.  McNary tacked anything in his way last week.....not including referees.  :)

Yes we have something in the Thumper Andrew Jackson!! :thmup:

HMMMM.  The Falcons kept 3 on the 53 man roster.   Ryan, Sean Renfree from Duke, and TJ Yates.   Funny they are all about 6'4" and 225.  

On Hard Knocks the thing they showed was he was having trouble with all the language on the play calls, which is weird considering he was an Ivy leaguer. He just didn't get many reps in Atlanta.

Sounds like someone needs an attitude adjustment.  Is it really a ridiculous statement to say that a player may or may not be on a team?  Has it not happened before?  It would be ridiculous to say that I thought it was a fact.   I can say whatever the heck I want to say when it's my opinion dude.   Do your homework and tell me where I said it would be a fact.  

Barnes got traded to the Eagles for a 6th round pick I do recall

We should only bring Sam in if we are hurting at that position depth wise.  Suddenly all the media focus would go to him and it would be a circus.  We don't need the circus coming to town.

I would look at Shaquil Barrett (from the Broncos) before I'd look at Sam. Not just because of the media, but also due to Barrett being not bad.

On Hard Knocks the thing they showed was he was having trouble with all the language on the play calls, which is weird considering he was an Ivy leaguer. He just didn't get many reps in Atlanta.

I guess that would be a 'hard knock' on him :)  Thanks Bschultz!  Don't say your  name 7 times fast... haha

You are correct though, it is likely a few years away, mainly due to DJax's contract.

I'm glad you can see this!  Who really thinks DJax is going to be here for years and years to come?  

Some other people are not as sensible as you.

It's pretty much a 2 year deal that he signed. It's written to be able to cut him AFTER year two as the total cap hit will only be 500k. I agree with you that he's stop gap and was not really crazy about that signing. However my point is it would be a major upset if he didn't make the 53 next year and probably inly a career ending injury would bring that about. The problem is we have a poster that really says some off the wall things  and will just stick by his guns regardless of how you try to help him understand why he's sounding silly.

I'm glad you can see this!  Who really thinks DJax is going to be here for years and years to come?  

Some other people are not as sensible as you.

Thank you for the kind words sir!

I also think the same about you. You are a stand up member on this board, in my book. 

Just to expand.  I think that there are younger players that we have who could out perform him in the long run.  Not to say that he will be cut even though my words pointed to that.  I think he could be replaced by one of them, but time will tell. I certainly could be wrong.  I just like some of the young linebackers that we have between Muamba, Jackson, and Mcnary.

Hey...you wrote that 1 minute before me :)  I went back and liked yours.  I did not see it :)

I know Sam is a big name that has cleared waivers.  Would anyone want to see Andy Studebaker or Cam Johnson cut for him?  NO!!  We kind of like our PS guys too...

I'm not advocating on bringing in Sam unless we desperately have to. But what I will say, is I wonder if we can get a decent pick/ player from someone like the 49ers ( having lost Aldon Smith) in exchange for someone like Cam Johnson or Studebaker ( him maybe less so.)

If that was the case, Shaquil Barrett could bought in.

Barnes got traded to the Eagles for a 6th round pick I do recall

Yeah I got corrected right after..I guess I missed that cause I was in the hospital all that week, and the TV selection is limited..no worries...just make sure you draft Barner in FF in a few hours..lol

Hey...you wrote that 1 minute before me :)  I went back and liked yours.  I did not see it :)

Honestly Brent out of all 3 of those young linebackers we have I think they are talented enough to outplay Djax within a years time.  I think Djax is a vet who can still play the game, but I think the younger guys we have are more talented than Djax.  I do not think they are so raw that it will take a whole bunch of time for him to be unseated.