Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cuts: 53 man roster (Official Thread)

TKnight24

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. 

I'm surprised by this one as well.  I thought he was a really solid player, but if you are going to get rid of him at least they got a draft pick out of it I suppose.  I'm not sure how they viewed it, but I suppose I'm in the ball park.

I would have kept Josh walker for depth on the o-line and Dewey Mcdonald for depth at safety and Sheldon price for depth at CB.

Walker is PS eligible, I bet he finds his way there in a day or so. I didn't see much out of McDonald to justify him making the 53, but he'd also be a PS guy. Price, I thought, I was bad.

he will have a hard time getting on the field with them, we may get him back from their practice squad, if it is legal

He's not on their practice squad, he's on their active roster. They'd have to waive him to get him to the practice squad, and we could claim him in that case.

It's also worth noting that the pick could be conditional, but since it's a sixth, I bet it's not.

I'm surprised by this one as well.  I thought he was a really solid player, but if you are going to get rid of him at least they got a draft pick out of it I suppose.  I'm not sure how they viewed it, but I suppose I'm in the ball park.

One angle, sort of critical, is that we don't have any of Grigson's 6th rounders on the roster right now. Maybe Andrew Jackson hits the PS. So we have to determine how valuable a 6th rounder is to our team.

Still, I'm fine with the move. I think Burley is better than Purifoy, based on preseason, but Purifoy was okay also, and can return punts. Fair move.

One angle, sort of critical, is that we don't have any of Grigson's 6th rounders on the roster right now. Maybe Andrew Jackson hits the PS. So we have to determine how valuable a 6th rounder is to our team.

Still, I'm fine with the move. I think Burley is better than Purifoy, based on preseason, but Purifoy was okay also, and can return punts. Fair move.

6th rounders are valuable enough.

A 6th and a 4th for a 3rd (or something like that), and we still won't have any 6th rounders on the roster.

Pick could be used to move up