Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts cuts: 53 man roster (Official Thread)

TKnight24

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why trade Burley. I think that comes back to bite us honestly. He was better than purifoy.

Purifoy has a higher ceiling and I think is better on STs -- I was thinking it'd be very tough to select the last CB for this squad between Purifoy and Burley, so I am glad we at least got something for one of them.  I bet Price goes back to P.S.

I didn't realize the Broncos also got rid of Duke Ihenacho as well.  

#Broncos waive SS Duke Ihenacho; rookie LB Shaq Barrett. Ihenacho a 17-game starter last yr. Beat out by T.J. Ward/Quinton Carter this year.

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)

August 30, 2014

Maybe we sign Duke and then if Landry gets hurt we have the Broncos starting safeties from last year as our starters with Duke and Adams.

Depends on who we sign. I won't be surprised if a couple vets are signed.

I just did some quick and probably sloppy math, and it looks like our 53 man roster plus IR is going to keep us with just over $17m in cap space for 2014. Of course, any pending moves will change this figure, but because we kept some UDFAs and cut a few higher paid vets (Sheppard, Saunders, McKinney, etc.), we're pretty much neutral to where we were with the top 51 number.

I would definitely look at picking up Ihenacho. Could be a good starter if (when) a safety gets hurt. Don't really think Colt Anderson would do it for more than special teams.

He's be much better than Anderson unless he's expecting to start somewhere.

First impressions:  We keep Austin because Holmes and Harrison are not ready for Week 1.  Delano Howell's injury is serious enough that the Colts think no one will claim him; worst case scenario, he is done with football. The Colts believe Reitz and Nixon will be healed soon.  We are very thin at safety.

Purifoy has a higher ceiling and I think is better on STs -- I was thinking it'd be very tough to select the last CB for this squad between Purifoy and Burley, so I am glad we at least got something for one of them.  I bet Price goes back to P.S.

Maybe we sign Duke and then if Landry gets hurt we have the Broncos starting safeties from last year as our starters with Duke and Adams.

It's possible....

First impressions:  We keep Austin because Holmes and Harrison are not ready for Week 1.  Delano Howell's injury is serious enough that the Colts think no one will claim him; worst case scenario, he is done with football. The Colts believe Reitz and Nixon will be healed soon.  We are very thin at safety.

Many people on this forum believe Purifoy can play a bit of safety, also Ed Reynolds and Craig Loston are safeties that I think we should strongly consider.

He's on the Chiefs not the Jets

WOW!!!!!

@HolderStephen: A source told me the Seahawks think Burley is a candidate to play nickel corner. That's high praise

I thought he was pretty good, but really no room here with Gordy and Butler.  Also with them keeping Purifoy

Many people on this forum believe Purifoy can play a bit of safety, also Ed Reynolds and Craig Loston are safeties that I think we should strongly consider.

Every single snap I looked at Purifoy in that Bengals game I really felt like he would be really good as safety and I still feel that way.  He has all the size, instincts, cover skills and willingness for contact that the position would require.

Rams released Michael Sam.

No, I don't want him. He's not a good fit for our defense. But I think he'll get claimed by someone.

And sports center just reported it. Slightly interrupted the Alabama game just to say that....... They're gonna talk all week about it smh

Hate the media

Rams released Michael Sam. 

No, I don't want him. He's not a good fit for our defense. But I think he'll get claimed by someone.

He doesn't fit our system unless we brought him in just for blitz packages. I love his heart and first step, but he's not what we need right now. I wish him the absolute best though, he proved that he does belong in this league and that he can play.

Every single snap I looked at Purifoy in that Bengals game I really felt like he would be really good as safety and I still feel that way.  He has all the size, instincts, cover skills and willingness for contact that the position would require.

I think it's worth a look.. Couldn't hurt.

He's a little wiry, but I agree with everything else.

Poor Champ Bailey..

Colts pick him up and make him a safety :36dancing:

Oh boy, that can't except that he's just not that good of a player.

I mean, he had a pretty good preseason. Granted so did Caesar Rayford and he's not very good. I think he's just too much "baggage" whether it's right or wrong. He was the SEC defensive player of the year, I mean he's not totally useless/bad. 

He's a little wiry, but I agree with everything else.

I'm cool with the draft pick we got for Burley so him getting traded away isn't bad either, but I think we could have kept him if we moved Purifoy over to safety perhaps.  Could be wrong

Colts pick him up and make him a safety :36dancing:

I mean, he had a pretty good preseason. Granted so did Caesar Rayford and he's not very good. I think he's just too much "baggage" whether it's right or wrong. He was the SEC defensive player of the year, I mean he's not totally useless/bad.

Not bad at all. Just too much media attention (what you called "baggage")

Media destroyed the man's career partly

Bears gonna sign him though cause their GM was targeting him after the draft

Sam actually had a good preseason so saying he's not good is a tad bit invalid

Meaning wasn't good enough to make the 53. Hey, I'm sure he can still keep working and improve. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about this dude. Who cares if he's gay, either you can play or you can't. Can't watch anything without race, religion and sexual preference being talked about non stop.