Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts Consider Richie Incognito?

masterlock

I'm not saying he should hire Incognito based on his on troubles. I'm saying that the whole " Irsay would never hire a player who could tarnish the image of the team" argument is not really a good one. He already tarnished it himself, hiring or not hiring any players doesn't erase what he himself did.

My rational thinking consisted of given Irsays history with substance abuse, I would say that he probably didn't get caught his very first time out driving under the influence. Odds would say this is so. My example of has anyone here drove after a couple beers and were they caught each and every time was meant to prove that most people don't get caught their very first time out.

I don't think Irsay has to hire anyone for anything, but the whole protect the shoe business kinda went down the drain when he himself failed to do so.

Why would his problems be more excusable then anyone else's ? They aren't. Doesn't mean he should hire Incognito, just means that they both have some issues.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying he should hire Incognito based on his on troubles. I'm saying that the whole " Irsay would never hire a player who could tarnish the image of the team" argument is not really a good one. He already tarnished it himself, hiring or not hiring any players doesn't erase what he himself did.

My rational thinking consisted of given Irsays history with substance abuse, I would say that he probably didn't get caught his very first time out driving under the influence. Odds would say this is so. My example of has anyone here drove after a couple beers and were they caught each and every time was meant to prove that most people don't get caught their very first time out.

I don't think Irsay has to hire anyone for anything, but the whole protect the shoe business kinda went down the drain when he himself failed to do so.

Why would his problems be more excusable then anyone else's ? They aren't. Doesn't mean he should hire Incognito, just means that they both have some issues.

Wouldn't Irsay's issues tend to make the team more conservative when it comes to players with checkered pasts?

Bringing up Irsay's problems when it comes to personnel decisions is entirely off topic. One has nothing to do with the other. Yes, Irsay damaged his team's reputation; that doesn't mean he has no grounds to be concerned about the damage someone else could do to the team's reputation. If that's hypocritical, oh well. It's still the right thing to do. The difference is that Irsay owns the team, and is allowed to hold his employees to whatever standard he wants, regardless of his own problems. 

As for whether Irsay has ever driven under the influence before, it's entirely speculative for anyone to say that he has. Jumping to conclusions with no proof isn't the same as being rational.

I agree. Irsay was driving around under the influence and putting not only his own life but the life of others in danger. Incognito is mostly guilty of being a jerk, which although annoying and frowned upon, doesn't really endanger anyone else's life.

Irsay has been battling his issues for years and years.  Winning a never ending tough battle at most every turn.  One day, he lost a round and it bit him in the behind.  He took ownership and is doing the things he needs to do to get back on a winning track again. I've never seen Richie take ownership of his actions and try to right the ship.  In fact, I see him dragging others down into the toilet with him at every turn.  He's had chances galore and squandered every one.  Irsay lives in a glass house with some broken windows that are under repair.  Incognito doesn't have a glass house.  It's been obliterated. Many times over. And my hope is that the Colts don't build him yet another one.  Let some other unfortunate organization go through that risky effort.  He's had enough chances for me to not feel sorry for him, but I realize many here would raid the highest security prisons for ultra tough bad guys, if they could play football at a high level.  I'm not among that group though.  Just MHO.

Everyone makes mistakes.  Character and integrity are based not completely upon avoiding mistakes (though that is part), but also how one reacts to having made a mistake and the course and direction taken following it.  I'd also like to point out those with disregard to good character and integrity have more mistakes on the resume than those who do care, even if they're  not perfect.  Again, JMHO.

As far as the Stanford boys having issue ... I doubt it. Sure they all said they supported Martin, but on Martins first NFL team everyone considered him a weirdo and nobody really liked him. You can't tell me nobody in college thought the guy was soft and a weirdo. They aren't gonna say it, nobody with any level of intelligence is gonna say " yeah we noticed in college he was a weirdo, I agree completely with Incognito who is about to get suspended and fined".

These are human beings not superheros, they don't fight for truth justice and the american way, they play football and make millions doing it. They do bad things same as everyone else, the smart ones keep it to a minimum or hide it well, but they are just people. They are going to do or say whatever they think is in their own best interest.

Some of you guys act like anyone with a horseshoe sticker on his helmet is some kind of angel sent down from heaven and can do no wrong. They are real people, some are stupid, some smart, some drink and do drugs, some lie and have abrasive personalities, some are weirdos. None of that matters though if they can keep their heads down, play good football, and make the rubes feel like they are holy men on a mission from god.

I wasn't going to waste my time dignifying the above asinine post with a response, but I just hate it when names of fellow Stanford alum are being dragged thru the mud, with misconceptions and misquotes threatening to topple one another.  If you've just read the Wells report, J. Martin was being labelled by RI et. al. as a 'weirdo' only because he's not like the other linesmen on the team; he is an eloquent speaker and reads (poetry?) on his spare time, instead of horsing around and going to strip clubs (like the others).  So, how is that 'weird'?  Martin's best pal at Stanford is David De Castro, the Steeler's starting right guard and the only other Stanford player taken in the 1st round (aside from Luck).  There were stories of the 2 tormenting Palo Alto's 'all-you-can-eat' Sushi bars, which brings me to my next point.  Stanford is a small, elite private school, and just like other similar schools (e.g. Ivy League Schools), the friends and the networking you made while in school are something you can count on for life.  There's a reason why Luck, Sherman and others constantly come back to the Farm in the off season to work out.  Doug Baldwin (Seahawks) was one of the other vocal supporter of Martin, and I remember Sherman, Baldwin, and Luck never failed to complement each other when they played each other last season (I still remember a pic in the IndyStar w/ an animated Luck and a bemused Sherman looking on).

Long story short, there's a very special bond among Stanford alum and you just cannot simply discount the Stanford connection.  What the above post says about them not calling out Martin as a 'weirdo' is categorically not true, and that 'They do bad things same as everyone else, the smart ones keep it to a minimum or hide it well, but they are just people' is just simply an insult to any one who has received a Stanford education.  Next time when you say something like that, please quote hard facts and cite examples, that will make this board a much better place to visit.

I wasn't going to waste my time dignifying the above asinine post with a response, but I just hate it when names of fellow Stanford alum are being dragged thru the mud, with misconceptions and misquotes threatening to topple one another. If you've just read the Wells report, J. Martin was being labelled by RI et. al. as a 'weirdo' only because he's not like the other linesmen on the team; he is an eloquent speaker and reads (poetry?) on his spare time, instead of horsing around and going to strip clubs (like the others). So, how is that 'weird'? Martin's best pal at Stanford is David De Castro, the Steeler's starting right guard and the only other Stanford player taken in the 1st round (aside from Luck). There were stories of the 2 tormenting Palo Alto's 'all-you-can-eat' Sushi bars, which brings me to my next point. Stanford is a small, elite private school, and just like other similar schools (e.g. Ivy League Schools), the friends and the networking you made while in school are something you can count on for life. There's a reason why Luck, Sherman and others constantly come back to the Farm in the off season to work out. Doug Baldwin (Seahawks) was one of the other vocal supporter of Martin, and I remember Sherman, Baldwin, and Luck never failed to complement each other when they played each other last season (I still remember a pic in the IndyStar w/ an animated Luck and a bemused Sherman looking on).

Long story short, there's a very special bond among Stanford alum and you just cannot simply discount the Stanford connection. What the above post says about them not calling out Martin as a 'weirdo' is categorically not true, and that 'They do bad things same as everyone else, the smart ones keep it to a minimum or hide it well, but they are just people' is just simply an insult to any one who has received a Stanford education. Next time when you say something like that, please quote hard facts and cite examples, that will make this board a much better place to visit.

I feel the exact same way about my elementary school.

I wasn't going to waste my time dignifying the above asinine post with a response, but I just hate it when names of fellow Stanford alum are being dragged thru the mud, with misconceptions and misquotes threatening to topple one another. If you've just read the Wells report, J. Martin was being labelled by RI et. al. as a 'weirdo' only because he's not like the other linesmen on the team; he is an eloquent speaker and reads (poetry?) on his spare time, instead of horsing around and going to strip clubs (like the others). So, how is that 'weird'? Martin's best pal at Stanford is David De Castro, the Steeler's starting right guard and the only other Stanford player taken in the 1st round (aside from Luck). There were stories of the 2 tormenting Palo Alto's 'all-you-can-eat' Sushi bars, which brings me to my next point. Stanford is a small, elite private school, and just like other similar schools (e.g. Ivy League Schools), the friends and the networking you made while in school are something you can count on for life. There's a reason why Luck, Sherman and others constantly come back to the Farm in the off season to work out. Doug Baldwin (Seahawks) was one of the other vocal supporter of Martin, and I remember Sherman, Baldwin, and Luck never failed to complement each other when they played each other last season (I still remember a pic in the IndyStar w/ an animated Luck and a bemused Sherman looking on).

Long story short, there's a very special bond among Stanford alum and you just cannot simply discount the Stanford connection. What the above post says about them not calling out Martin as a 'weirdo' is categorically not true, and that 'They do bad things same as everyone else, the smart ones keep it to a minimum or hide it well, but they are just people' is just simply an insult to any one who has received a Stanford education. Next time when you say something like that, please quote hard facts and cite examples, that will make this board a much better place to visit.

You went to the same college ... So you are now much better people and live to higher standards then the rest of the world ?

Get over yourself, you went to Standford, we get that part. You didn't gain some special enlightenment or superpowers there, you went to class, like they do at every college.

Now you spend your days on internet forums with guys who may or may not have made it through the 8th grade. Kinda puts it all in perspective when you look at it with a little reality and a lot less pompousness.

Good for you, I guess that's the only school you attend then.

I took an at home course on heating and air conditioning and I can tell you that my fellow classmates and I regarded each other with the utmost respect. You would never understand what its like to be part of such a special group. We knew how to stick the postage to our enevelops perfectly. Sometimes we would affix an extra stamp to the envelope just to show that we were twice as good as the other mail order schools.

You wouldn't understand. You have obviously never attended a school with the great Sally Struthers as its spokesperson.

I wasn't going to waste my time dignifying the above asinine post with a response, but I just hate it when names of fellow Stanford alum are being dragged thru the mud, with misconceptions and misquotes threatening to topple one another.  If you've just read the Wells report, J. Martin was being labelled by RI et. al. as a 'weirdo' only because he's not like the other linesmen on the team; he is an eloquent speaker and reads (poetry?) on his spare time, instead of horsing around and going to strip clubs (like the others).  So, how is that 'weird'?  Martin's best pal at Stanford is David De Castro, the Steeler's starting right guard and the only other Stanford player taken in the 1st round (aside from Luck).  There were stories of the 2 tormenting Palo Alto's 'all-you-can-eat' Sushi bars, which brings me to my next point.  Stanford is a small, elite private school, and just like other similar schools (e.g. Ivy League Schools), the friends and the networking you made while in school are something you can count on for life.  There's a reason why Luck, Sherman and others constantly come back to the Farm in the off season to work out.  Doug Baldwin (Seahawks) was one of the other vocal supporter of Martin, and I remember Sherman, Baldwin, and Luck never failed to complement each other when they played each other last season (I still remember a pic in the IndyStar w/ an animated Luck and a bemused Sherman looking on).

Long story short, there's a very special bond among Stanford alum and you just cannot simply discount the Stanford connection.  What the above post says about them not calling out Martin as a 'weirdo' is categorically not true, and that 'They do bad things same as everyone else, the smart ones keep it to a minimum or hide it well, but they are just people' is just simply an insult to any one who has received a Stanford education.  Next time when you say something like that, please quote hard facts and cite examples, that will make this board a much better place to visit.

What a crock ... mission complete ... you successfully made sure everyone knows you went to Stanford.

Your instincts were correct, you have that.

What a crock ... mission complete ... you successfully made sure everyone knows you went to Stanford.

He pretty much insulted everyone who didn't go to Stanford. All other schools are beneath them and you would never understand.

I like to read that post using Thruston Howell the 3rd's voice from Gilligan's Island.

What is your address I'll send you a dictionary.

Not being open to a suggestion, is the exact definition of closed minded. The reasoning behind it is irrelevant.

So with that, I shake my head in derision and issue you a ... Dear God....

Should Andrew luck switch positions and start playing safety?

I'm 110% for this.

He fills a desperate need, and does it well, I don't care about a players past, just how they act once they are here.

Anyone saying no just has a closed mind.

Your point does carry some weight since Mr. Incognito did seek professional help for his behavior SH. The obvious argument for it would be that America is the land of 2nd chances. I just side with PT on this. Ritchie strikes me as a dirty player & I really don't wanna bring in a guy who plays the game the wrong way. Yes, there is something to being humbled from humiliation that's true, but I just think bringing in Incognito would be a huge mistake. I don't want our line exposed to crappy blocking fundamentals in the trenches. No way. 

5 pages of arguing on the subject. Isn't it pretty obvious the baggage he comes with? Just look at the disagreement here.

For what it's worth, I would love to know how many of those who advocate giving him another chance were the type who bullied or who accepted bullying as part of society when they were younger....and how many of those whose who don't want him near the team were bullied themselves in their youth. To validate my curiosity, I matured physically later in my younger years and was picked on quite a bit. I have no tolerance for it.

Irsay has been battling his issues for years and years.  Winning a never ending tough battle at most every turn.  One day, he lost a round and it bit him in the behind.  He took ownership and is doing the things he needs to do to get back on a winning track again. I've never seen Richie take ownership of his actions and try to right the ship.  In fact, I see him dragging others down into the toilet with him at every turn.  He's had chances galore and squandered every one.  Irsay lives in a glass house with some broken windows that are under repair.  Incognito doesn't have a glass house.  It's been obliterated. Many times over. And my hope is that the Colts don't build him yet another one.  Let some other unfortunate organization go through that risky effort.  He's had enough chances for me to not feel sorry for him, but I realize many here would raid the highest security prisons for ultra tough bad guys, if they could play football at a high level.  I'm not among that group though.  Just MHO.

Everyone makes mistakes.  Character and integrity are based not completely upon avoiding mistakes (though that is part), but also how one reacts to having made a mistake and the course and direction taken following it.  I'd also like to point out those with disregard to good character and integrity have more mistakes on the resume than those who do care, even if they're  not perfect.  Again, JMHO.

Your post got me to contemplate another controversial player: Michael Vick & his reclamation project working with Tony Dungy after his illegal dogfighting scandal & prison sentence. Did Richie murder any animals or people? No, but he did destroy locker room chemistry & derailed an necessary sense of team bonding as the Dolphins tanked last season. I just wonder though what makes 1 tarnished person worth having their reputation restored & another players reputation shattered forever? 

My main issue with Mr. Incognito is this: Does he have so many bad players habits that it would be impossible for him to learn how to plan clean football technique wise at this stage in his life? Some players just can't hit the reset button completely & when they get exhausted they revert back to sloppy behavior which leads to penalties & lost games which cost a team a shot at the post season or the seed you get meaning a week or rest or not.  I just don't think Incognito can unlearn bad habits on the field in critical game situations which makes taking him on a horrible proposition in my estimation. JMO. 

5 pages of arguing on the subject. Isn't it pretty obvious the baggage he comes with? Just look at the disagreement here.

For what it's worth, I would love to know how many of those who advocate giving him another chance were the type who bullied or who accepted bullying as part of society when they were younger....and how many of those whose who don't want him near the team were bullied themselves in their youth. To validate my curiosity, I matured physically later in my younger years and was picked on quite a bit. I have no tolerance for it.

Sorry that you were mocked & ridiculed when you were younger WH. You are a bright & thoughtful person who always makes me think & see the whole picture. I admire that. You are an asset on the forum & I respect your balanced approached to topics given what you endured as a young man, especially since you are not a bitter person, but a kind & forgiving individual IMO viewing your posts for a few seasons now. 

My POV on Mr. Incognito is simply from a coaches perspective: Can he play & how much would we have to clean up as his coordinator? Richie knows if INDY took a chance on him & eventually cut him loose his career from then on would DOA for every other NFL franchise. I just think his head is still a mess psychologically & I wouldn't go anywhere near him with a 2 foot pole. 

In my opinion I don't think it would be all that hard to swing a deal for a similar type of player to Donald Thomas before the season begins without breaking the bank.  I trust Grigs could find someone like this.  

I'm not too into the idea of bringing in Incognito, but it's mostly due to the fact that I fear a media circus that will effect team chemistry.  It's more of my concern than it is a fact right now.  I will say that Incognito can still play, and he has value because he's able to play several spots on the line including Guard and Center.  The other issue I have is the stupid penalties he gets for roughing and other undesirables.  We were one of the lowest penalized teams in the league last year.  I wouldn't want this dude to ruin that by being undisciplined.

I saw this quote from Vernon Davis(happens to be Vontaes' brother. also vontae played with Incognito for 2 years) and it made me think that maybe it could be possible if the players themselves have a more positive opinion on his(incognito) presence and feel they could handle the whole issue.  http://www.tddaily.com/news/vernon-davis-richie-incognito-great-guy/

The only way I could see it happening is if Grigs and Pagano consulted with the leaders on the team to get their take before making a final decision.  If they do all of that and the answer is yes then I have no choice but to be positive about it I guess.

In my opinion I don't think it would be all that hard to swing a deal for a similar type of player to Donald Thomas before the season begins without breaking the bank.  I trust Grigs could find someone like this.  

I'm not too into the idea of bringing in Incognito, but it's mostly due to the fact that I fear a media circus that will effect team chemistry.  It's more of my concern than it is a fact right now.  I will say that Incognito can still play, and he has value because he's able to play several spots on the line including Guard and Center.

I saw this quote from Vernon Davis(happens to be Vontaes' brother. also vontae played with Incognito for 2 years) and it made me think that maybe it could be possible if the players themselves have a more positive opinion on his(incognito) presence and feel they could handle the whole issue.  http://www.tddaily.com/news/vernon-davis-richie-incognito-great-guy/

The only way I could see it happening is if Grigs and Pagano consulted with the leaders on the team to get their take before making a final decision.  If they do all of that and the answer is yes then I have no choice but to be positive about it I guess.

I agree with this statement. I do not think the majority of NFL players share the same view that so many in the public seem to have which is: Incognito is this terrible "villain".

I agree with this statement. I do not think the majority of NFL players share the same view that so many in the public seem to have which is: Incognito is this terrible "villain".

• As a freshman at Nebraska in 2002, Incognito (according to USA Today this week) bullied teammate Jack Limbaugh to the point where he stormed off at practice.

• Incognito started 13 of 14 games as a true freshman, missing the one against Iowa State because of an in-game fight against Penn State the week prior.

• Incognito was suspended the following spring by then-head coach Frank Solich. The reasons never were reported.

• In the spring semester of 2004, Incognito was charged with three counts of assault after a fight at a party. He was found guilty on one charge of misdemeanor assault and hit with a $500 fine.

• That following fall, Incognito was suspended from Nebraska and he withdrew from school two weeks later.

• Two weeks after leaving Nebraska, Incognito enrolled at Oregon. A week after that, then-Ducks head coach Mike Bellotti kicked him off the team and told the Oregonian: "There were conditions we had set down and set forth for him to be admitted to our program, and they were not met."

• That next spring in 2005, Incognito declared for the NFL draft. Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy recently told Dan Patrick that his team red-flagged Incognito for character concerns and removed him from their draft board. So did former New England Patriots personnel boss Scott Pioli, who echoed similar sentiments on NBC Sunday night.

• After being taken in the third round of the NFL draft by the St. Louis Rams, Incognito earned a starting spot and became known for his rough style on the field. He committed 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness, in 44 games.

• Incognito was voted the "NFL's dirtiest player" by The Sporting News in a poll of 99 players in 2009.

• After several incidents involving fans and then-Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo (during a game against the Tennessee Titans), Incognito was released in December 2009. He finished the season with the Buffalo Bills but spent only three games with them.

• In December 2011, as a member of the Miami Dolphins, Incognito incited Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who was fined $30,000 for punching Incognito during a game

• Incognito allegedly harassed a 34-year-old African-American female volunteer at the annual Fins Weekend Golf Tournament on May 18, 2012, by touching her privates with a golf club and emptying bottles of water in her face.

Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith called out Incognito for dirty play in 2012. In a 2013 preseason game with the Dolphins, Smith swung his helmet during an altercation with Incognito, which earned Smith a one-week suspension.

• Also in August, Incognito was involved in an incident at a Miami Beach hotel in which it was reported he punched a security guard, but his name was cleared, charges were dropped and Incognito was issued only a trespassing warning.

• The incidents with Jonathan Martin, which reportedly dated from his rookie season, and through April OTAs, came to light in November. The Dolphins, after hearing the reported death threats and racist slurs on voicemails left on Martin's cell phone, suspended Incognito indefinitely and reportedly cut ties with him.

Yeah, dude is a freaking angel, Halo, rainbows, and unicorns and all. Sheesh. Players don't care about character, they just want fun dudes that can also play. I expect every player not the butt of Incognito's treatment to be fully supportive.  They are a fraternity. Owners, Front Offices, and many coaches do care, however..  If it was only about ability and players being welcoming, Incognito would already be employed.  People that are accountable for a player's signing and the folks writing the paychecks see that resume and step to the side, walk on and look away.  Somewhere during the season injuries may reduce able replacement bodies to such low levels that a team will toss the dice and bring him aboard, hoping it doesn't completely blow up in their face and possibly cause them to lose their jobs.  Because you can't hire Incognito with that rap sheet and not have a specific person or people in your organization fully accountable for what happens with him and the team mix thereafter.  I just do not want that team to be the Colts. Ever.

Lol good point. I was always the youngest and in the smaller side in school. So early on they attepted to bully me till I attacked them like a wil crazed pit bull. But I also grew up in the military with both my father and brother fighting in Vietnam. So they made me stick up for myself.

Give him a 1 year prove it deal like we did with Nicks. 

If he sucks, or can't play nice with others, let him kick rocks. 

If he turns it around and actually can start and at very least provides good depth on our O-Line, then why not?

We definitely need help on the O-Line! 

If we can sign guys that have committed armed robbery, then we can take a chance on Incognito. 

Give him a 1 year prove it deal like we did with Nicks. 

If he sucks, or can't play nice with others, let him kick rocks. 

If he turns it around and actually can start and at very least provides good depth on our O-Line, then why not?

We definitely need help on the O-Line! 

If we can sign guys that have committed armed robbery, then we can take a chance on Incognito. 

A compelling case Lollygager. You'd have made an exceptional defense attorney. Besides, there's no money in being a prosector, but a ton of money in standing up for people with a checkered past. 

I'd still lean toward no, but if you asked me to give Mr. Incognito 1 last shot, I'd do it as a favor to you brother & if he flames out that's on Richie not you my man. 

Removed list see post #182

Yeah, dude is a freaking angel, Halo, rainbows, and unicorns and all. Sheesh. Players don't care about character, they just want fun dudes that can also play. I expect every player not the butt of Incognito's treatment to be fully supportive.  They are a fraternity. Owners, Front Offices, and many coaches do care, however..  If it was only about ability and players being welcoming, Incognito would already be employed.  People that are accountable for a player's signing and the folks writing the paychecks see that resume and step to the side, walk on and look away.  Somewhere during the season injuries may reduce able replacement bodies to such low levels that a team will toss the dice and bring him aboard, hoping it doesn't completely blow up in their face and possibly cause them to lose their jobs.  Because you can't hire Incognito with that rap sheet and not have a specific person or people in your organization fully accountable for what happens with him and the team mix thereafter.  I just do not want that team to be the Colts. Ever.

Yeah I have seen the list before; 3/4 of that list I could care less about and at least one is positive.

He only has to behave for 6-7 months, and given his career situation I would "bet the over" on that.  Beyond that we can cut him, replace him, reevaluate him, or whatever ... I am only concerned about him making it through this season; which I believe he could. I am not saying "definitely 100% get him", but he at least should be a consideration.

The many Colt fans against bringing Incognito are not alone.

I was listening to ESPN radio in SW Florida.  They had Louis Riddick on the phone interview The radio hosts said the Colts and Bucs are both desperate for a Guard- Should either or both pursue Richie Incognito?  Riddick said no.  They should have already had plan B and C in place and not resort to seeking out Incognito.He even mentioned he knows the locker room mentality, and even played with some real knuckle heads over time. ( Riddick was a player, a scout, and player Director)  But none have came even close to the breadth and depth of Incognitos storied history. And said he would steer clear, go another direction.  And advised Colts and Bucs to do the same.

Then there was the USA Today poll earlier this year conducted with 4 GM's and two personnel executives.  4 resounding No's, a less animated no, and a I wouldn't want to, but if half my O line end up on IR, he might look attractive then, type answer. Richie still doesn't have employment, ad I bet ir could be until mid season before some GM caves and gives him a call.

In fact, the only team  I heard of with Interest is Mark Davis and the Oakland Raiders.  Take him Mark!

• 2 weeks later...