Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

andrew in year three

CR91

I think he greatly improved last year. He only threw 9 INTs during the regular season and unfortunately, most people will remember the 7 that he threw in the playoffs.

He does need to sharper when in scoring position. He was not too efficient in the red zone, settling for FG' rather scoring TD's. I think the number of TD's thrown needs to be in the 30's. Just my opinion of course.

The same thing as year one, Not locking onto predetermined receivers, scrambling and sliding as needed using checkdowns more as needed

He's already light years ahead of all the other young QBs with the first thing.

He's already light years ahead of all the other young QBs with the first thing.

No he isn't, That's why the pick 6 happened to open the game in New England, predetermined where he was going with the ball, It was a designed play I get but you don't make that throw,

No he isn't, That's why the pick 6 happened to open the game in New England, predetermined where he was going with the ball, It was a designed play I get but you don't make that throw,

Yeah; it's no secret Andrew sometimes outsmarts himself

He's gotta learn to read through his progressions better

I mean everyone knows how good he is, He is a damn good QB but its alright to also aknowledge things he needs to improve as well to take his game to the next level

No offense intended to CR91 or anyone else in this thread, but wanted to offer a thought....

If you've got a big topic to talk about, a topic like Andrew Luck,  why share it now?    Why post today, June 27?

There's barely anyone here to talk football now.    Not only are the players and coaches taking a month off from football,  so are most fans here on Colts.com....

Why not save it for mid or late July?

Personally,  I've got a list of topics to share with everyone here,  and I won't post them for quite some time.   Seriously,  I've got a small list of topics to talk about that is roughly 10 deep and growing.    But,  I mean,  what's the point?    There are so few of us here now...

I'm not saying don't visit the website and I'm not saying don't post....      but a big topic, a hot Colts topic...   feels like shouting to an empty room......

Just some food for thought....      I don't mean any harm by this....   hope no one takes offense... 

I mean everyone knows how good he is, He is a damn good QB but its alright to also aknowledge things he needs to improve as well to take his game to the next level

Oh yeah, no question. Everyone has their flaws/areas of improvement. Nobody's perfect

But he can be a lot closer to perfect if he made minor changes

I want him to make quicker decisions when the protection is breaking down. Either get rid of it or bail out of the pocket.

That standing in front of a moving train bit is gonna get him hurt someday. I think. He's pretty stout. I'm not sure if it's indecision or just plain refusal to give up on hopeless plays, which his supporting cast treats him to all too often. 

No offense intended to CR91 or anyone else in this thread, but wanted to offer a thought....

If you've got a big topic to talk about, a topic like Andrew Luck,  why share it now?    Why post today, June 27?

There's barely anyone here to talk football now.    Not only are the players and coaches taking a month off from football,  so are most fans here on Colts.com....

Personally,  I've got a list of topics to share with everyone here,  and I won't post them for quite some time.   Seriously,  I've got a small list of topics to talk about that is roughly 10 deep and growing.    But,  I mean,  what's the point?    There are so few of us here now...

I'm not saying don't visit the website and I'm not saying don't post....      but a big topic, a hot Colts topic...   feels like shouting to an empty room......

Just some food for thought....      I don't mean any harm by this....   hope no one takes offense... 

just giving us something to talk about

I thought that was rogers fault. he ran the wrong route. it looked like luck was throwing the out route while rogers ran a curl

That standing in front of a moving train bit is gonna get him hurt someday. I think. He's pretty stout. I'm not sure if it's indecision or just plain refusal to give up on hopeless plays, which his supporting cast treats him to all too often. 

I think a part of it is play design, also. And having inexperienced receivers last year didn't help. I think it will get better as he grows as a player, and as the offense grows together.

what do you see that andrew still needs to improve on to get better in year three?

he needs to make better decisions when the pressure is on he tends to force it when it isn't there he needs to throw it away more he needs to not take so many shots but on the other hand the whole team was inconsistent after Wayne went down and as for the playoffs the whole team played like crap in those two games not just luck we just got lucky and won one of them.

Also in the pats game the defense didn't do luck any favors at all and yes his red zone stats need to improve but there is always going to be room for improvement but the team wasn't as bad in the redzone as you think.

some of us are here, just not posting much, waiting for any football news

I thought that was rogers fault. he ran the wrong route. it looked like luck was throwing the out route while rogers ran a curl

The pass Im talking about came on the 3rd offensive play of the game for the Colts,, Lucks 2nd pass. The pass was to Brazill, Dennard jammed him very well but Luck never took his eyes off of Brazill. He was going there from the start

pssssst....when you see ruksak posting again, it's time to fire up the engines. 

This isn't really a "big topic". It's also a topic you'll see again soon. 

but that would make the offseason more boring that it is now.

Is that why there hasn't been very many interesting threads in quite awhile?

One play = not better than other young QBs.

Did you see Russels left vs right stats?

Kaep lol he has two options per play at best.

Etc.

He's way ahead, all young QBs make that throw.

a lot of people look at andrew's picks in the playoffs and think its all him, but people tend to forget that almost our entire offense was made up of 2nd year players. luck, fleener, richardson, hilton, brazill, whalen, rogers was a rookie, not to mention ballard and allen. and heyward-bey was just terrible. this is a young team with a young offense. the offense is built around a core of very young, talented players and we're improving every year. the only thing andrew needs to do is continue to work hard like we all know he does.

a lot of people look at andrew's picks in the playoffs and think its all him, but people tend to forget that almost our entire offense was made up of 2nd year players. luck, fleener, richardson, hilton, brazill, whalen, rogers was a rookie, not to mention ballard and allen. and heyward-bey was just terrible. this is a young team with a young offense. the offense is built around a core of very young, talented players and we're improving every year. the only thing andrew needs to do is continue to work hard like we all know he does.

U have to remember most of the NFL teams are getting better and more experienced just like we are so it is all relative and evens off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And look at FA,,,,,,,,,we didn't pick up enough like we should have we could of done more and better ,And lets pray our draft picks are good,,,,,,,,,,,,a bunch of names no one's heard of

One play = not better than other young QBs.

Did you see Russels left vs right stats?

Kaep lol he has two options per play at best.

Etc.

He's way ahead, all young QBs make that throw.

He is ahead but its not quite by as much as some make it out to be

Not sure how much is Andrew and how much was a bad O line but..not locking onto WR`s would also help him progress in seeing the "open" man. More time to throw = a better Andrew Luck hopefully. Would like to see him progress even more in throwing the high ball, it sailing on him. He seemed to get better with that later last season.  

U have to remember most of the NFL teams are getting better and more experienced just like we are so it is all relative and evens off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And look at FA,,,,,,,,,we didn't pick up enough like we should have we could of done more and better ,And lets pray our draft picks are good,,,,,,,,,,,,a bunch of names no one's heard of

What more did we need to pick up in FA?  Whats wrong with our draft?  If you look at the draft as whole, it was a stellar draft.  got better at O-line, WR, picked up CB's and Safety's.  If you haven't heard of Moncrief or Mehort then it sounds like you didn't watch any college football.  Not to mention Purifoy and Cox.  I think maybe because you haven't heard of them, that you classify the draft as bad.  Not to mention we didn't have a first round pick

FA:

Arthur Jones :thmup:   

Hakeem Nicks :thmup:

Mike Adams :thmup:

The same thing as year one, Not locking onto predetermined receivers, scrambling and sliding as needed using checkdowns more as needed

I think he greatly improved last year. He only threw 9 INTs during the regular season and unfortunately, most people will remember the 7 that he threw in the playoffs.

He does need to sharper when in scoring position. He was not too efficient in the red zone, settling for FG' rather scoring TD's. I think the number of TD's thrown needs to be in the 30's. Just my opinion of course.

Checkdowns! Checkdowns! Checkdowns! Checkdowns! Checkdowns! Checkdowns!

Use ALL weapons, Reggie Wayne may be the best weapon, but he's not the only weapon

:colts:

I have said it a bunch before, but I think Reggie's injury last year was a blessing in disguise for Luck.

He struggled a bit the few weeks after Reggie went down, but he really improved on using other weapons in our offense and going through his reads when he didn't have Ol' Reliable Reggie Wayne as his escape route.  I think he will be vastly improved this year with Reggie and Dwayne back, a (hopefully) improved O-Line, improvements in TY, Fleener, and whoever we keep out of Rogers/Brazzil/Whalen, as well as new weapons in Nicks and Moncrief.

Hopefully the big bodies of Nicks, Moncrief, and Rogers (assuming he makes our 53) plus the return of Dwayne Allen will help Andrew in the red zone -- TY is a game-breaker but is more dangerous when we are 80 yards out than when we are 8 yards out -- these big guys should help tremendously in the red zone.

I doubt if 10 people forget. JMO. Other than DHB & Brazill, it was a youth issue.

A better O-Line & (Practice) Experience for the Unit and we will be Much better by seasons end.

I have said it a bunch before, but I think Reggie's injury last year was a blessing in disguise for Luck.

He struggled a bit the few weeks after Reggie went down, but he really improved on using other weapons in our offense and going through his reads when he didn't have Ol' Reliable Reggie Wayne as his escape route.  I think he will be vastly improved this year with Reggie and Dwayne back, a (hopefully) improved O-Line, improvements in TY, Fleener, and whoever we keep out of Rogers/Brazzil/Whalen, as well as new weapons in Nicks and Moncrief.

Hopefully the big bodies of Nicks, Moncrief, and Rogers (assuming he makes our 53) plus the return of Dwayne Allen will help Andrew in the red zone -- TY is a game-breaker but is more dangerous when we are 80 yards out than when we are 8 yards out -- these big guys should help tremendously in the red zone.

I too believe losing Reggie was a blessing and his return is more about him that the TEAM improving.

Reggie does a great job drifting into openings in the zones but last season he wasn`t outrunning anybody doing it.

Andrew did target a variety of receivers as the season went on but not so much inside of individual games.

I saw a guy making some quality pre-snap reads and then pretty much consistently holding onto the ball till his choice came clearly out of the break. This caused the ball often getting to the receiver later than was best resulting in defenders getting their hands in their.Throw this in with his accuracy being off the sweet spot a couple feet and you end up with a guy who was rated in the middle as a passer.

He will have a running game, more time to throw (Castonzo??) and have better receivers so i have No Doubt he will look much better as the season goes along. Building ... the Monster O.

He struggled a bit the few weeks after Reggie went down, but he really improved on using other weapons in our offense and going through his reads when he didn't have Ol' Reliable Reggie Wayne as his escape route. I think he will be vastly improved this year with Reggie and Dwayne back, a (hopefully) improved O-Line, improvements in TY, Fleener, and whoever we keep out of Rogers/Brazzil/Whalen, as well as new weapons in Nicks and Moncrief.

Yeah too many weapons for him to be staring guys down now :colts:

I hope the colts take offense, right on down the field, everytime the offense gets the ball, take offense, take offense